Szerző
Topic neve: Xeno wars
public enemyMacSkaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Xeno wars
161. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 12:22:27
This is not a Hungarian server, too few of us, that's all hit and to build !!!!
Pontszám: 5
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
162. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 13:01:26
I have one question about the building: Is the amount needed to finish the thaumaturgical cages been adjusted according to how many active players there are on each world? Or is it the same on all worlds (including Hungarian worlds)?
irritatingSnittFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
163. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 13:19:54 (Válasz Inv_ #159 hozzászólására.)
The building counted for 4 build/day (if we all do it) which is not a high cost imao. You wont be able to get any reward like these till they make a similar event...clan buildings gona be built up anyway, maybe a bit later. If u think better to get faster clan bonuses and loose event bonus (maybe forever) go for it, but this means you don't think global.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
164. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 13:32:59
Error.
Complete post below.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.02.07. 13:49:05-kor
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
165. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 13:39:07 (Válasz Snitt #163 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Snitt - 2011.02.07. 13:19:54
The building counted for 4 build/day (if we all do it) which is not a high cost imao. You wont be able to get any reward like these till they make a similar event...clan buildings gona be built up anyway, maybe a bit later. If u think better to get faster clan bonuses and loose event bonus (maybe forever) go for it, but this means you don't think global.

* 2 ring focus crystals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the following focus crystal!)
* 2 necklace focus cryszals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the above focus crystal!)

doesn't really help against crystal dudes since they have the "Drain soul protection: +20%" boots. I can only hit 3-4 players other than the crystal dudes so it doesn't really help me that much.

* 1, 2, 3, 4% bonus for half year to quest reward SE

I only have 1 normal quest available now (lvl 71 one) so i only do the only repeatable quests. the 4% bonus is like 600 se per quest..

* 2, 4, 6, 8% bonus for half year to AA points

There are not many AA skills i'd really love (I already got the ones i wanted). there are some that are nice, but not

* spacerift potion (switches your Energy Harness with Disadvanced Development skill or vica versa at no cost): 3, 6, 9, 12 potions.

I have EH skill and I don't plan on switching to DD.

* soul diamonds: level x 50, level x 100, level x 150, level x 200.

This is the only reward that I'd really want.

* increase or decrease infection by 1, 2, 3, 4%

0% infection so doesn't help me at all. I'm pretty sure i can't go to 1% infection and back to 0% to get the attribute reward again.

* 10, 20, 30, 40 bonus to trade skill for half year (but does not increase the skill beyond maximum)

I already have max trade so this one doesn't help me.

So from all the "global thinking" rewards, there's only one I could use (the SD one), though I make enough SD from adventures to get all the gear I need. If i were to spend 4.1k*4=16.4k per day for activation I would expect the rewards to be worth it.. Granted with 16k I can only buy one stat per day, but still.
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
166. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 13:48:30
In a little more than 3 days (3/27) of event, we have done the following:

- Queen 65:
HP lost = 62% --> Will be dead within 2 days
Prison built = 2.5% --> Projected at 22.5%

- Queen 55:
HP lost = Dead
Prison built = 18% --> Finished within 14 days

- Queen 45:
HP lost = 75% --> Will be dead within 2 days
Prison built = 23% --> Finished within 10 days

- Queen 35:
HP lost = 33% --> Will be dead within 6 days
Prison built = 13% --> Finished within 21 days

- Queen 25:
HP lost = 10% --> Projected at 92%
Prison built = 5.5% --> Projected at 49.5%

- Queen 15:
HP lost = 6.2% --> Projected at 56%
Prison built = 2.1% --> Projected at 19%

- Queen 5:
HP lost = 2.5% --> Projected at 22.5%
Prison built = 1.4% --> Projected at 12.5%

I don't know how exactly the support from other levels work, but it seems that if we don't step up in building, we won't be able to win the event.
And by the way, what is the penalty for losing the event?
I imagine that having the queens running lose will mean some sort of problem to the doomlords, right?

Cruel.
very popularMatdavFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
167. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 14:26:33
If the prisons are not complete, the queens will resurrect. We have to deal with building up the prisons first.
W1 - Spellcaster - (inactive)
W2 - Jonny Fairplay
W4 - Architect

Hungarian V1 - Matko - (inactive)
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
168. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 14:27:14 (Válasz Cruel01 #166 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.07. 13:48:30
In a little more than 3 days (3/27) of event, we have done the following:

that should be 3/21

"If you cannot defeat and imprison all xeno queens in 3 weeks... "
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
169. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 14:37:32
* 2 ring focus crystals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the following focus crystal!)
* 2 necklace focus cryszals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the above focus crystal!)

doesn't really help against crystal dudes since they have the "Drain soul protection: +20%" boots. I can only hit 3-4 players other than the crystal dudes so it doesn't really help me that much.

I can only agree, the value of these are highly individual.

* 1, 2, 3, 4% bonus for half year to quest reward SE

I only have 1 normal quest available now (lvl 71 one) so i only do the only repeatable quests. the 4% bonus is like 600 se per quest..

You will probably do normal quests even after you have access to repeatable quest, but even so you might do 1 repeatable quest/week=14400 or so extra SE. Not that much maybe.

* 2, 4, 6, 8% bonus for half year to AA points

There are not many AA skills i'd really love (I already got the ones i wanted). there are some that are nice, but not

Also highly dependent on what one likes, but this bonus can not be translated into SE.

* spacerift potion (switches your Energy Harness with Disadvanced Development skill or vica versa at no cost): 3, 6, 9, 12 potions.

I have EH skill and I don't plan on switching to DD.

I am looking at this one and thinking: "Maybe. What if I would use DD for two weeks and only hunt and then switch to EH for two weeks only Dueling, using all the DP I saved during the last two weeks that I was only hunting, and then switch again. I would get the "full" benefit from both DD and EH for 6 months!"
Maybe not that bad actually, but it would require the acceleration options and changes playstyle quite dramatically.

* soul diamonds: level x 50, level x 100, level x 150, level x 200.

This is the only reward that I'd really want.

This is a huge amount of soul-diamonds. Huge.

* increase or decrease infection by 1, 2, 3, 4%

0% infection so doesn't help me at all. I'm pretty sure i can't go to 1% infection and back to 0% to get the attribute reward again.

Highly dependent on your level.

* 10, 20, 30, 40 bonus to trade skill for half year (but does not increase the skill beyond maximum)

I already have max trade so this one doesn't help me.

Great benefit for people that don't have max Trade.

But all this is for nothing unless we actually defeat and imprison the Queens.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
170. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 14:41:52
I apologize. I don't know why I thought it was 27 days.
So the situation is even worse than what I described. I won't edit the percentages because the message is clear: either we build more or we will lose.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.02.07. 14:44:40-kor
public enemyEnginFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
171. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 15:13:01 (Válasz Cruel01 #166 hozzászólására.)
I believe the exclusion of AP potions made this event extra hard.. at least it could give low level characters with no access to EH an edge.

Also, it is true that the event lack incentive to build. Attacking with AP is just a quick hunt, you lose a bit of health but even that is compensated with potions. Why should anybody build given the rewards don't match the effort? I will build for sure, but I do not think any high level player with 0 infection will be willing to build unless offered something else at the end, like ability score increase or burn out stones, just like the Zarknod event.

shoot, lvl 55 just regenerated..
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
172. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 15:32:35
Honestly, I don't think that the whole cage building part will work.

We're talking about 3 weeks, with millions of raw SE per cage. That's 10 cages before being able to defeat the queens. With most probably more SE required per cage the higher the level goes.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
173. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 17:48:43 (Válasz LydonB #172 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2011.02.07. 15:32:35
Honestly, I don't think that the whole cage building part will work.

We're talking about 3 weeks, with millions of raw SE per cage. That's 10 cages before being able to defeat the queens. With most probably more SE required per cage the higher the level goes.

dunno, looking at w2 it looks liek the event will be finished fairly easy
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2011.02.07. 17:50:44-kor
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
174. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 18:30:58 (Válasz D00ml0rd #173 hozzászólására.)
Really?

65 | 33.3% | 3.16%

monster is easily beaten sure, but building? It is such a massive drain... for me a build costs 4372, so if I were to build 1600, that would be a cost of 175k. None of the rewards are worth that SE, not for me anyway. I think the other high level players feel the same, hence the 3.16% built.
55 | 5.59% | 19.21%

Easily beaten and will likely be imprisoned successfully. The builders probably won't help out much with the higher level since they will already have spent over 1600 builds and there is no real incentive to spend more. However, they will still help so the first 2 will probably fall.
45 | 19.62% | 27.12%

Easily beaten and will likely be imprisoned successfully. First three will probably fall.
35 | 61.85% | 15.29%

Will be beaten and could be imprisoned successfully, but will require help from other categories. First four might fall.
5 | 97.24% | 1.53%

By this point, everyone will have spent a heck of a lot on building but there will be a determination to win the event to get the rewards so there may be an even larger drain just to eradicate them. Can those that were in the 65 category help the level 5 category out? If it is limited to just the 15 and 25 category, there's no way they will beat and imprison this monster.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
175. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 18:47:57
As far as I understand the event it goes like this:
You attack and build the prison for the Queen in your category. If it is down, you help the category above you. If the prison is done, you help the category above you. If/when the Queen in category above you is down and imprisoned, you help the category below.

So if the level 5 Queen is not taken down and Imprisoned, higher level people will eventually get there and help out.

Now the problem is really how the number of Build points needed for each Queen is calculated. Is it 4 BP per day per player in that category or is it 4 BP per day per active player in that category? If it is the former we might as well give up now, since there are a few thousand* inactive level 1-5 players (on world 2 at least).
I don´t mind a challenging event, but there has to at least be a fighting chance.

* World 2 list 15211 players, of which I would say maybe 10% are active (that would make it around 1500-2000 players on the server). If Beholder were smart they would check how many players were active (logged in at least once in the week before the event) and base the BP needed on that number. There is a ceratain difference between 15000 players building 160 BP each per day and 2000 players building 1200 BP/day (which is what we have to do to compensate for the inactive players.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageRavage_mk2Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
176. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 19:23:56
I'll be building the prisons till the event ends.

1: I'm not selfish enough to say *screw you* to an entire game world just because the benefits don't fit into my current character setup. We can go back to being lone wolves after these blasted things are crammed into a matchbox.

Besides, events like this are ment to be FUN, not min/max practices.

2: Building the cages also increases luck, which is a nice incentive for me to build above 1600

Though they might have to award extra's for every 1600 above the first at this speed.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
177. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 20:08:06 (Válasz Ravage_mk2 #176 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Ravage_mk2 - 2011.02.07. 19:23:56
I'll be building the prisons till the event ends.

1: I'm not selfish enough to say *screw you* to an entire game world just because the benefits don't fit into my current character setup. We can go back to being lone wolves after these blasted things are crammed into a matchbox.

so.. yeah.. we should totally stop developing our characters just to show we're not selfish...
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
178. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 20:21:14
Here's my opinion:

Screw the event. This was supposed to be an event by the players, for the players. What did we get in return? A bastardized event, with nerfed rewards. Not to mention that the Hungarian servers were participating in the event before its authors - English servers.

The only worthwhile reward is the diamond option; the rest is rubbish.

Temporary trade bonus? Anyone will be able to max trade easily with much less SE required than building the cage. 4% infection difference? Who cares about 4 levels total? The rest follow suit.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
179. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 20:39:11
This is only the 3rd day of the event, so you shouldn't worry about not being able to win it... If you could build the prisons in 3 days and the event would end in 3 days everyone would be sad.

Yes, if the queen is killed but the prison is incomplete, the queen will resurrect at 25% life.

We collected data for 1 month before the event to know how many active players are there, what is there damage potential etc. We determined numbers separately for each world based on these statistics.

LydonB: about the prizes, people calculated that the focus crystals or the quest bonus might be like 3-4000 SE per day for a lvl 60-80 char. If you think that is not good enough, alongside with your pets gaining like 40 levels during the event, you might still choose not to participate. We did our best to give satisfying returns, but players always have the freedom of choice. And do not envy the Hun servers for starting earlier: you only win by getting a more thoroughly tested event.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
180. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 22:37:31 (Válasz Miklos #179 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.02.07. 20:39:11
This is only the 3rd day of the event, so you shouldn't worry about not being able to win it... If you could build the prisons in 3 days and the event would end in 3 days everyone would be sad.

Yes, if the queen is killed but the prison is incomplete, the queen will resurrect at 25% life.

We collected data for 1 month before the event to know how many active players are there, what is there damage potential etc. We determined numbers separately for each world based on these statistics.

LydonB: about the prizes, people calculated that the focus crystals or the quest bonus might be like 3-4000 SE per day for a lvl 60-80 char. If you think that is not good enough, alongside with your pets gaining like 40 levels during the event, you might still choose not to participate. We did our best to give satisfying returns, but players always have the freedom of choice. And do not envy the Hun servers for starting earlier: you only win by getting a more thoroughly tested event.

Thanks Miklos, really nice to hear that collected data before and didn´t just use the total number of players.
As I said before: I like a challenge, and I hope we can win.

What is the penalty for losing? Other than we don´t get the rewards.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!