Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Dátum: 2011.07.02. 02:40:27
I remember this question being complained about:
What date was the armistice signed?

I just saw it had not been changed yet, so it is now changed to:
What date was the armistice (with Germany at the end of WW1) signed?
Dátum: 2011.07.01. 16:28:27
It's moderatly confusing because the color is red instead of green and it says "your pets lose," but when I total the damage up, it is being credited correctly as damage I do.

I'm still working on the skill, but here are some examples I have had:
He deals 2584 damage. Your negative aura damages him for 129 hit points. Your pets lose 194 hit points.
He deals 2200 damage. Critical damage! He burns 1100 mana from you! Your negative aura damages him for 110 hit points.
She deals 1129 damage. Critical damage! She burns 88 mana from you! Your negative aura damages her for 56 hit points. Your pets lose 64 hit points.
He deals 1596 damage. Critical damage! Your negative aura damages him for 48 hit points. Your pets lose 101 hit points.
You take only 460 damage. Your negative aura damages him for 14 hit points.
Dátum: 2011.06.30. 15:32:18
Which set of words are all homonyms of each other?

Changed to: Which set of words are all homophones of each other?

Good catch on that one Sbart. Wow, that's going way back to elementary school. I'm guessing it is getting so many correct responses because so many of us mixed up the homonym, antonym, synonym, and homophone lessons, but knew what the questioner was trying to ask.
Dátum: 2011.06.30. 00:18:38
Idézet: daktarus - 2011.06.29. 05:38:02
what happens when i activate an energy harness essence (+10 or +20) but have disadvanced development maxxed?

anyone with that knowledge? =)

Regards

Any essence can raise the skill above it's normal maximum
Dátum: 2011.06.29. 01:53:05
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.06.27. 14:35:44
As for the language question, CG please correct it as you see fit since you have more expirience on the subject

Ok, here is what I came up with to keep a similar correct answer:
Which language is not an isolate language?
Korean
German
Albanian
Basque
Dátum: 2011.06.26. 22:22:34
After the first time I got the alcohol/bouquet question wrong, I looked for a little bit on the internet and could not find anything to support it as the correct answer. It's not something I know much about, so I didn't raise an objection.

The language question: First, let me say, "whoo-hoo." Those 3 credit hours in an anthropology class back in the day FINALLY has a use. MartinBV raised the same question back on 2010.09.22. I, too, would agree with eukar. As the question is written both Greek and Germanic would be correct. As he pointed out "germanic" is also an odd choice here since it doesn't fit as a language, but a group of languages. An isolate language is a "group" of languages that only consist of itself; a language with no genealogical relationship with other languages. Other isolates: Sumerian, Basque, Coche, Movima ...
Dátum: 2011.06.17. 13:16:02
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.06.17. 09:14:34
Who has written the book "Solaris"?

Shouldn't this be:
"Who wrote the book "Solaris"?"

I think both ways are correct. The original is in the present perfect tense. Yours is in the simple past tense.
Dátum: 2011.06.17. 13:08:01
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.06.17. 04:37:54
What is the most populous city in Asia? the correct answer is marked as Tokyo, but should be Shanghai, which is marked as incorrect. Tokyo has a larger metropolitan area, but that's not what the question asks.

I would have completely agreed, but just looked to confirm it. It appears the confusion on the part of the questioner may be that if you look at the population of the "metropolitan area" as opposed to the "city" than it actually looks like Tokyo is correct.

Edit: When I went to look for it to change it, I see it has dropped out of the database for only having 24.14% correct.
Dátum: 2011.06.17. 12:58:23
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.06.17. 08:04:01
What ever happened to a continent called 'Australasia'?

Gone with the dinosaurs?! Seriously, I have not seen any model with Australasia from the last century.

Once and for all. . .
7 continent model (taught in most of the English world and China) uses North America, South America, Antactica, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia
6 continent model one (taught primarily in the former USSR and Japan) uses North America, South America, Antactica, Africa, Eurasia and Australia
6 continent model 2 (taught in some parts of Europe and Latin America) America, Antactica, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia
5 continent model (I have no idea who still teaches this one) America, Antactica, Africa, Eurasia and Australia

Notice they all have Australia as it's own. Admittedly, some don't actually teach it as "Australia" they teach "Oceania" to include New Zealand and the little islands scattered in the South Pacific. Personally, I think the 7 model should be the quiz standard since it is taught in most of the English speaking world and this is the English version of the game, but we have made allowances for a few questions that the 6 continent model was used without ambiguity.
Dátum: 2011.06.17. 02:26:23
What is the MVP trophy of the National Hockey League called?
Commissioner's Trophy
Conn-Smythe Trophy
Heisman Trophy
The Scottish Cup

The MVP trophy of the league is the Hart Memorial Trophy. The Conn Smythe Trophy is for the MVP of the playoffs.
Dátum: 2011.06.16. 05:31:38
what a baby learn first ?

Besides the lack of a verb, breathing is not a learned ability, it is innate. If we are talking innate abilities, the heartbeat happens before breathing.

Note to you and others: The quiz database is the same for all English worlds. There is no need to submit the same question on multiple worlds.
Dátum: 2011.06.07. 01:53:03
. If you were eating fish 'a la Normande', how would the fish be cooked?
Braised in black wine
Braised in yelow wine
Braised in red wine
Braised in white wine

From looking at several recipes claiming to be "a la Normande" there is no consistency. In fact, I found more calling for brandy than wine. Translating simply means "cooking in the style of Normandy."
Dátum: 2011.06.07. 01:43:02
manunkind you're killing me
Your soylent green question would be correct. I am going to wager a guess that I am not the only one that has not seen these films that will not get that there is a big reveal at the end. If it's too many, it will get dropped automatically. I would accept the question as written, but would offer the suggestion of a rewording to keep it in the database. Your call.
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 00:47:38
In Soylent Green (1973), from what is soylent green made?
meat grown in a petri dish
people
pistachio nuts
kelp

Every movie quote seems to list it as ""high-energy plankton." Kelp can be in plankton, but not all plankton is kelp. Kelp are the seaweeds or algae. Plankton are the drifting bits of animals, bacteria, plants, etc)
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 00:29:06
I have seen the statue of liberty image, but it made no sense to me. (I never saw these movies) When you look quickly for an answer the beginning of the plot summaries on the web they really do say distant planet. I humbly apologize for the error on my part.
Dátum: 2011.06.04. 22:50:04
I started taking out duplicate questions. So, if you still find some, please post and I'll investigate.
Dátum: 2011.06.04. 20:45:01
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2011.06.04. 20:32:47

Also, I'm having trouble categorizing questions about nations in specific eg.
Serbia's national drink is
The colour of the german flag is

Could we add a sub-category 'Nations' under the geography/astronomy/geology category?

Those are more examples of general cultural questions I was asking about. I have taken to putting them into "Other science >>> Ethnography, folklore" for lack of a better category.
Dátum: 2011.06.04. 20:41:19
In the Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?
A fictional planet
A planet beyond our solar system
Mars
Earth

Everything I find simply says, "a distant planet" which would make both your first and second choices correct.
Dátum: 2011.05.31. 20:51:06
Which nation harnesses the most geothermal power?
Australia
America
Japan
Iceland <--

Your answer only works per/capita. It is only the 3rd highest in total output according to the last meeting World Geothermal Congress.

-----------

How many pyramids are there in Bosnia?

I seem to remember this question either being in the quiz or discussed. Technically, there are none, so why ask, but natural formations found there are sometimes referred to as pyramids and they are still finding them. I found more listed than the numbers in your choices.

--------------

What is the favorite game in America?

"favorite" is a vague word. Is it the most teams? The most tickets sold? The longest history? The highest paid players? The most people to watch on TV? The most venues? etc.
Dátum: 2011.05.30. 21:35:56
There are some categories broken up so small that single questions fit multiple tiny categories. Some of the sub-category choices I could not think of a single question I have seen that fits into it. On the flip-side, I found no category for the general cultural questions. Suggestions anyone?

Examples:
What is the traditional color of a Chinese bride's wedding dress?
A major difference between the societies of the United States and Japan is the presence in the United States of a higher degree of ?