Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.10.15. 18:44:51
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.15. 17:29:55
Be more precise please. Did you have enough mana? etc.

Note that you can't boost transplantation after you trained it to the max.

I have enough mana. Transplantation is just not listed as one of the options anymore. It's not maxed out. I'm doing everything the same as when it used to work, but now that skill is just not listed.
Dátum: 2010.10.15. 00:31:20
Eeek! Suddenly, I can't boost transplantation anymore. What gives?
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 22:11:47
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.14. 20:21:27
Next suggestions:
1) Auction Hall cycles every 3 days instead of 5.

I'm agnostic on that. But I do think the closing time of the Auction Hall slots should be more variable to support people in different time zones. Right now, the closing time only varies based on the amount of sniping that goes on, which means that some users have never been able to snipe unless they get up at like 4am or something local time. So I think every time a new item comes in, the system should select a completely random closing time, independent of any past history of that slot.

Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.14. 20:21:27
2) Sending a message can go to multiple people, whole (other) Clan or whole (own) Clan - instead of the current send, send, send, send, spam block, fist thru monitor system.

Post #123 in this thread (http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,39.120#hsz123) has some examples of places where sending to multiple people (not necessarily whole clans) would be useful, and there is no adequate replacement at the moment. It also has a few technical details for how it could be implemented.
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 20:03:11
Yes, kudos to everyone involved. You have made one customer much happier. In fact, I went and bought 100 ancient stones just to say thank you.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 19:32:21
And as long as I'm complaining, what's wrong with this one?

Which of these does George Jetson work for?

Spacely Sprockets
Slate Rock and Gravel Company
Acme Widgets
Wayne Enterprises

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Mr. Spacely is a major character in the Jetsons, and the Jetsons is not some obscure cartoon. Even people who have never seen an episode know that the Jetsons are associated with space age technology, so they'd get the answer correct. And the wrong answers were chosen to be obviously associated with other famous cartoons - Flintstones, Roadrunner, and Batman. This question passes any reasonable "special group" test. By which I mean that whoever rejected it is unreasonable. I hereby call for whoever it was to resign as an evaluator and be replaced with someone who is reasonable.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 19:24:22
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.10.13. 18:28:26
I had your question. My first source listed it came from a noun meaning "embers." I did a google search to look for other options. I then found the tree description. Time was running out, so I went to wikipedia and found "The etymology of Brazil remains unclear." I also see wikipedia lists another possible meaning for the word. So, with no clear answers, I rejected the question.

I just resubmitted it, reworded as "Which of these is widely accepted as the origin of the name of the country Brasil (Portuguese spelling of Brazil)?" and it still got rejected. Was that the wording you rejected, or was it the original submission? The widely accepted origin is that it was named after the tree, which was named after the noun meaning "embers". Wikipedia does list another possible meaning, but that was not listed among the possible answers, and I specified "Which of these" in the question. Wikipedia also says that the answer I marked correct "is taught as official in schools of Brazil and Portugal", which should be sufficient to qualify as "widely accepted". So, with my wording, there is precisely one clear answer.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 18:15:34
Idézet: Sacrosanct - 2010.10.13. 17:52:25
why has it been rejected twice because "there are spelling mistakes in the question or answer" when there clearly are NO SPELLING mistakes...
that question is formulated correctly with correct grammar.

would love to hear where the mistakes are.

Sometimes the spelling status is given when there are no spelling mistakes to avoid penalizing you a question. I don't see anything obvious to explain the rejection, but I can make a few guesses. First, I don't think evaluators like fill-in-the-blanks. It might be better to say "A full moon is how many times..." and end with a question mark. Second, most people say "half moon" instead of "half full moon". Third, I don't think evaluators like periods on the answers. None of those seem sufficient to reject it to me. So it could also be an evaluator trying to tell you to stop submitting that question without actually costing you a question.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 18:06:58
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.10.13. 16:57:41
A piece of additional info:

Being in both top10s doesn't give you two event rewards
However, being in 1 top10 and the winning horde does give you two rewards.

I'm a little sad, because I tried hard to stay in both top10s...

Had you read posts #182 - 204 in this thread, you would have been forewarned. I guess you were too busy trying to stay in both top 10s.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 15:55:56
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.13. 15:29:18
P.S. The mythical island theory does not apply because the country was first named "Ilha de Vera Cruz". The name Brasil came later, when there was no doubt that the place was no mythical island.

That's a lot to expect of the evaluators, to get to that level of detail in a 5 minute hunt.

Anyway, if you're not going to re-submit, I'm willing to take the chance to get that question in the database.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 14:17:36
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.10.13. 05:55:44
ok well my mag and con were both 2k ish per point, even with 18 each they still only a little over 3k. so lets say average cost for those 36 points of 2700 per = 97k
36 points to to others were 10k without spec so will say average of 13k cos they 16 now 470k
36 points were around 8k thats 280k

OK, that's 6 of the 7 abilities accounted for. Hope you don't do your own taxes.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 13:35:23
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.13. 12:30:48
In Portuguese, Brazil is written with s - "Brasil". Why does the country have this name?

The country was discovered by Pedro Alvares Brasil
The main indigenous tribe was called Brasil
Because of a tree called Pau-Brasil
Brasil means Big Land in the indigenous language

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

That's just an awesome question. The evaluator rejected it, but you get an attaboy from me!

Wikipedia says that a few scholars believe that the name of the country comes from some legendary Irish island Hy-Brazil, so that's probably why it got rejected. That seems to be a very minority view, and it was not among the options, so to me, it should have been accepted. I would suggest re-submitting, adding an "Officially" in there somewhere.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 05:17:49
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.13. 04:37:58
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.10.12. 19:30:45

Used SE: 44.325
Effective charge: 38.174
Monsters beaten: 53

+36 Strength, +36 Attack, +36 Defense, +36 Constitution, +36 IQ, +35 Magic, +35 Thaumaturgy
27 Burnt-out ancient stone
(As a bonus for your outstanding performance, you will get +1 luck as well.)

another point is that number of fights compared to invested se is not equally rewarded.

My result looks totally screwed up:
Used SE: 16.865
Effective charge: 18.326
Defeated creatures: 335

~ +19 to all abilities (+ 130 bo as who doesn't count as reward for me, because I can buy as if I want to.)

Keep in mind that when they say "Used SE", they don't mean that's how much SE you actually used. That's how much SE you put towards freeing Zarknod, which depends on your level and horde. Since Phalanxii is way higher level than you, he put in a ton more real SE than you did. My guess is that the rewards are based much more on SE contributed than number of creatures defeated.
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 05:08:12
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.10.12. 22:57:29
+19 Strength, +18 Attack, +18 Defense, +18 Constitution, +18 IQ, +18 Magic, +18 Thaumaturgy

on the formula Keithos posted i put about 900k into the event and these stats awarded are worth less than what i put in and that doesnt include the aps, i also increased about 5 levels during the event

How do you figure those stats are worth less than 900k? My ability bonuses were +16 or +17, and I estimate the total value a bit over 800k. You have higher (and thus more expensive) total stats than me, and you got higher bonuses, so your total value should be over 900k, I would think.

For my part, I think I put in about 650k, so I got a profit of roughly 150k. I killed 135 critters, which means 270 APs. So that translates into a bit over 500 SE / AP over and above what I got at the time of killing the critters. Overall, I think it turned out to be very close to break-even for me. The relics were definitely worth it, though, so for any W3'ers out there, I would recommend at least participating enough to get all the relics.
Dátum: 2010.10.11. 19:17:14
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2010.10.07. 20:52:31
It's not ambiguous, but wrong. Questions with wrong answer are usually deleted, sometimes corrected.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to confirm.
Dátum: 2010.10.11. 19:15:29
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.08. 04:55:24
What special thread you mean John? Be a bit more specific so I can work on it.

I just mean whatever's easiest for you. If it would make your life easier, we could create a new thread and put everything in there that we would like you to discuss with the admins. The idea would be that when you went to talk to them, you could just look in that thread, and it would have the whole list in one place. Maybe it would be confusing having bug reports and feature suggestions all in the same place, though, I don't know.
Dátum: 2010.10.11. 19:08:34
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.08. 21:25:34
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.08. 05:05:40
Hmm. So a button with the "currently building: XY" that can only be changed by the players with 5 or more votes?

Other users will see what you are building when clicking on your clan. This can be hard when you want to take the Tower of Power so the clan that has the most levels can be aware, save up APs and then build to prevent others doing so.

I'm assuming this is intended to be visible only to our Clan. It would be a neat little feature, although somewhat redundant with the Clan Messageboard.

Right, I was definitely intending the special order to be visible only to clan members. The existing mechanisms (clan messageboard and the clan events list) have not been sufficient, in my experience. Every once in a while, someone spaces it while building and accidentally puts the SE towards another level of something we had completed recently. Plus, it would eliminate a whole lot of scrolling to find the current building. If it absolutely has to be visible to non-clan-members, I would probably still find it to be worth it, but I'm not sure I would be in the majority. So I would say it's probably better to leave it as is unless it can be restricted to only clan members.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 18:05:36
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.06.02. 15:34:39
There should be a way to make the clan's current building appear at the top of the page. Either a manual button that a leader can click to set it, or automatically based on the last building that someone built with SE from the soul well.

This is the last suggestion I'm resurrecting for admin consideration right now. It is not as trivial to implement as the others I resurrected, but it should be doable in a matter of hours, not days.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 18:01:54
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.02. 23:13:09
Building from the Soul Well really shouldn't trigger the Clan tag, and should barely qualify as an Event. By reverse, I find it odd that the completion of a building is NOT an Event - and it's something that really SHOULD trigger the Clan tag... It would really help Clan Leaders organize the build order better.

Resurrecting this one, too, for Kethios to discuss with the admins.

Here's how I would spec this out for the programmer:

1) Completing a clan building should generate a line in the clan events page and turn the clan menu item red. This should be trivially easy to implement and not particularly contentious.

2) Building from the clan soul well should not turn the clan menu item red
3) Whether building from the clan soul well should generate a line in the clan events page at all requires more discussion. If #2 can not be implemented without also changing the behavior on #3, then #2 should be regarded as requiring discussion as well.

4) I would add one other related item that Viridel did not mention. Highlighting a forum topic should turn the clan menu item red. If that requires generating a line in the clan events page, I would find that acceptable, but I would prefer it to just turn the menu item red without generating a line in the clan events page.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 17:50:05
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.06.11. 15:10:10
The Quiz page should show how many questions you have accumulated. It would be nice to also show how many more hunts you need to get right before you earn another question. And, in a perfect world, you would be able to renounce however many questions you wanted all at once.

I'm resurrecting a couple of old suggestions to see if/how the new admin communication process works. I'm picking this one because the basic request (showing the number of questions on the quiz page) should be trivially easy to implement, and I doubt anyone would raise strenuous objections to it.

So, as I understand the process, Kethios will read this the next time he comes to the forums. He will then mention it to the admins, and he will post their reaction. Is that correct? Kethios, would it be easier for you if we had a special thread just for stuff that we would like the admins to see?
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 17:35:54
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2010.10.06. 15:54:45
If the rate of good answers is 75% or more, the question will not be deleted even if it seems to be specific or ambiguous to some players.

What if it's obvious which answer the submitter thought was correct (resulting in 75%+ correct), but the answer is factually wrong. Here's a possible example (I have no way of knowing whether it's at 75%+ correct or not, or whether this specific question has been deleted or not - please treat this as an illustration of my point, not the point itself) that I posted a long time ago:

How much time the moon needs to make one full rotation around its axis?
360 days
300 minutes
24 hours
Moon is not rotating around its axis

Correct answer was marked Moon is not rotating around its axis

The (Earth's) moon does rotate around its axis, but it takes exactly the same amount of time to rotate as it does to orbit the Earth. That's why we always see the same face of the moon.

Links:
http://www.wonderquest.com/MoonSpin.htm
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/About_how_long_does_it_take_the_moon_to_rotate_on_its_ axis
http://www.learner.org/courses/essential/earthspace/session7/closer1.html
http://www.grantchronicles.com/astro29.htm

Please delete this question quickly.