Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - quint

Oldal: 12345678910
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 08:21:50
Well I think that hunters have better use for DPs than duelers for APs. You see, if a hunter uses 5 APs for ducats, those APs will still be used for something. It might be 10% of his income per day, but that income is only realized when the APs are spent. There is no real loss of SE there, it's only some loss of time, his development will slow down a bit. But the development of duelers is implicitly slower, so having a hunter spend 5 APs daily on ducats would still let him increase levels faster than any dueler. On the other hand, a dueler only uses 5 APs a day, which means that the rest are truly lost. It's a mostly unused resource for duelers. Even if there was no upper limit to the APs one can store, it would never be possible to use all APs unless the dueler starts some heavy hunting. But then he wouldn't be a dueler any more. So if we look strictly at the usefulness of the resources, it is obvious that DPs are useful for both kind of characters, while only a very small amount of APs are of use for duelers.

But as a seeker of balance, I tend to agree that it would only be fair to have an option to use DPs wherever APs are required currently (other than for hunts, of course ), but also for the sake of balance, APs should be made useful for duelers too. It doesn't really matter how, but anything would be better than keeping them unused. But of course, this is only a theoretical debate, I don't really believe that anything will ever change in this particular area of the game, although I am sure that it is possible to make things better without shifting the balance even more.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 19:02:51
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.30. 18:31:04
This is a miss for the reason you hinted at. DPs are VERY important for Skill-Heavy Builders, as they would not be able to effectively complete Adventures without doing Challenges.

However, he is right about APs currently being useless for duelers, whereas DPs are absolutely useful for hunters, because, as you stated correctly, challenges are a very important part of the game for all types of characters. There is some lack of balance there, and I wouldn't mind seeing APs being made useful somehow for duelers by using them in some way for getting soul diamonds instead of wasting precious DPs on them.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 08:46:20
The Energy Harness bug is still there, but this time I found a character which constantly produces it when I attack her. I mean, I get almost nothing each time I defeat her although my EH is at 50 and so is my Creative Affinity (with mind boost) which should double the SE income from EH. I can send this character's name and mine to an admin if it helps identify the problem. There has to be something with this character's stats or skills that produces the error. (or maybe it's the amount of damage she deals?) I mean, lately there haven't been problems with other characters but when I attack this one, the bug occurs almost every time. Let me know who to send the information to.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 09:04:25
I have had an idea about translating the Hungarian wiki site for the game (found at http://vegzetur.wikidot.com/), and I already did translate a very small part of it, the epic item list, the adventure items (which can be bought for sould diamonds), and I also started a list of adventures found by players. (so far, I only have a few from one of my clan mates) I wonder if anyone is interested to join me in this project (or take it over if he's good at managing such things) and help to create an English copy of that page. Of course, it wouldn't be an exact copy, some things might differ on Doomlord worlds, but still, much of the information is the same and only needs to be translated. The problem is that doomlord.wikidot.com was already taken, so I had to choose a different name. You can find it at http://dlinfo.wikidot.com. Please, take into consideration, that I don't have access to most of the items in the game so my translations can be very different from what you see in game. Also, my English is far from perfect, so there are surely grammatical errors too.

So if anyone is interested in this, please let me know.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 09:11:22
I beg to differ. Treating people differently only because the rules are flawed IS injustice. And the system was programmed by people, it's not a living entity. What it does is entirely up to you. You might as well admit that it's unfair but that's how it's goint to stay because you don't care enough to do anything about it, but please don't tell me that black is white, because you can't bring up valid arguments to support that claim.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 07:50:36
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.06. 19:34:25
Proof that it's far easier to piss off everyone than to please anyone

Well, if they created clones for my category too, there would be one less person to complain now. And this is a proof for something else too: they should treat everyone the same way - if they fail to do that, they can expect even more complaints. This way they also have to deal with different types of complaints, sometimes contradictory, like in this case. I'm just surprised that after all the time this game has been running, they still don't see that all people should be given the same chance, otherwise there will be trouble. It's like they're looking for such incidents on purpose.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 07:17:34
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.06. 17:01:04
or hold level.

That's an advice I wouldn't give in this situation if I were you. Unless you want me to miss out again on the championship next month, and come back to complain even more. But if you can guarantee that there won't be such injustice at the next championships, I might just stay on this level.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 15:41:50
It makes no difference whether it's a script or the admin himself, it is not okay to deprive anyone of the chance to get a medal based on such a faulty logic. Saying "sorry" doesn't fix this...
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 14:32:23
Why couldn't they clone some of my own category? I'm telling you, this is WRONG. What's the logic behind cloning players from lower categories? It makes no sense. The same category should have been used, that would have avoided this stupid situation. What a disappointment.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 14:15:01
Oh come on now, other categories get clones, my category doesn't so I don't even get the chance of fighting for a medal? Thanks for answering anyway, but I must say this is not a satisfactory solution at all. That measly 400 SE doesn't compensate at all for taking away even the chance of fighting against some clones for the medal. If I lost to some "robot", I would say, that's just my bad luck, but at least I would have had a chance. Right? But no, the admins didn't even give me that chance. Bad decision.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 13:40:09
Nope, no such thing there. And I know there should a "Champ. battles" tab under the previous battles menu, but there's only "New battles". I'm telling you, this must be some bug. This needs to be analysed by an admin who can check the software or the database, because something went wrong here.

BTW, I reached level 8 the day before yesterday, not yesterday, as I previously wrote, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 12:53:17
Not working for me at all. As I said, nothing, absolutely nothing happens when I click on that button! I tried in 4 different browsers, the result is the same: I can't view my battles. Please, fix this for me, I would like to see how far I got in the Championships.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 12:36:23
OK, here's a very strange thing I ran into on world 1. I'm pretty sure that I did apply to the Championships, I gained a level yesterday just to be able to. And now, when it's all over, here's what I see on the Championships page:

Your battles on the championship of the day October 06. 2010:
Round Opponent Result

Result of all battles
Get the reward for the championship, 400 soul energy
There is no announcement of a championship now.

That is, no battles whatsoever. And clicking on "Result of all battles" does nothing. Could someone please investigate what this is all about? I don't think I forgot to apply after all, although I can't be 100% sure of that. But if I did forget, then why would I get some reward? Either way, this must be some bug. My character's name is Joxer, please check the issue and let me know what happened.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 08:34:30
Thanks, I hope it's going to happen soon.
Dátum: 2010.10.05. 10:11:05
There's a bug with Energy Harness: sometimes you can get duels with 0 SE or almost 0 SE. I posted a bug report in the wrong topic previously, but here's this one in the right topic now. Please, check the issue. The Hungarian worlds do not have this error any more, which proves that this bug was already fixed there. Isn't it possible to apply that fix to Doomlord too?
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 10:44:35
You have won the battle, your reward is 2 soul-energy and 21 XP!

The second fight with almost no SE although I have 50 points in Energy Harness. Come on guys, do something!
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 07:17:02
I remember encountering this problem in the Hungarian worlds too, but I don't remember what caused it, that's why I asked. And they must have fixed it there as I never again ran into such a problem in any of the Hungarian worlds. I just hope they will fix it soon enough here too...
Dátum: 2010.10.03. 14:07:44
You have won the battle, your reward is 0 soul-energy and 21 XP!

How can this happen with energy harness?
Dátum: 2010.08.19. 07:51:22
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.08.19. 07:47:17
Which worlds?

HUN V1 and Doomlord W1?

HUN V1+V2+V3 and Doomlord W2. I know for sure that those Hungarian servers use the new rule while DL W2 uses the old rule. (maybe W1 too, but my character is not there yet on W1)
Dátum: 2010.08.19. 07:45:46
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.08.19. 07:40:04
The HUN server and Doomlord server is somewhat different. Not everything is the exact copy of the HUN servers skills/items etc.

I noticed that, and I was curious about this specific skill. Why is this skill different on the two worlds? Is it only that the change was not yet implemented on Doomlord? Is it planned for the future?
Oldal: 12345678910