Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Thetus

Oldal: 123
Dátum: 2010.06.08. 09:33:44
OMG

Look at this question:

Which of these tv shows is not a comedy?

How I Met Your Mother
Big Bang Theory
Psych
Burn Notice - marked as correct

When I looked at the imdb.com I realized that every one of them is a comedy. WTF? Who evaluated this?
Dátum: 2010.06.08. 07:45:34
Ok stekkos, I could agree with that. But I also gave you a link to a page where you can find all of the informations about skills, quests and others without being 4 or 10 level character. It's not an explanation that someone has only first level and that's why he/she can't answer a question like that one. He/she should just become more interested about the game.

But also you're right about this problem.
Dátum: 2010.06.07. 08:37:41
Come on, man. Let's think how many players would know the answer for my question about the skill and how many wouldn't. IMO, first group is much, much bigger than the second, so how could it be a special knowledge.
What do you propose? Writing easy questions, that everyone will know the correct answer without even looking at the 'google'? Your explanation means that if there is any person that don't know the correct answer, then it is a special knowledge. Think about it, dude. The thing is that even a 1 or 2 level character can find the answer.

hmmmmm

http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/quests.html
Dátum: 2010.06.07. 08:12:09
Just look at this.

A Samurai's 'Soul' is said to be inside his.. ?

Aren't there too many apostrophes?
Dátum: 2010.06.04. 15:57:52
I wrote a question:

What is the first skill you can learn in Doomlord online game (at Learning level 0)?

Subspace detection
Creative affinity
Singularity knowledge
Trapping

I got the message:

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

WTF? According to which evaluators? I thought that we all play Doomlord online game. I didn't ask for a skill that can be learnt at Learning level 15 or 40 but 0. I asked about first skill you can learn, so I think that "a special group of people" is only 1% of all players (or maybe less). What about the rest? They don't know the correct answer, right? So every Doomlord player is stupid or what?
Dátum: 2010.06.03. 12:51:28
Well, the thing is that different sources tell about different years. In some it's 1970, in others it's 1971. So there shouldn't be a problem with choosing the right answer - 1970. In 1970 Freddie Mercury joined Brian May and Roger Taylor (members of Smile band) and later, in 1971, there were four of them, with John Deacon as the bassist.

And here's something from myself.
I just got a question about the War of 1812. Author asked about the countries that fought against each other in this conflict. Correct answer was "America and England". There's a mistake. It was between the United States of America (we surely can say America) and the British Empire (United Kingdom and Canadian Provinces - England is only a part of it).
Dátum: 2010.06.03. 12:39:36
I agree about the date (the one from October) but still I think it's too special knowledge. If every date was from the past, then most of us wouldn't know the answer (of course if most of us are not geologists or seismologists)
Dátum: 2010.06.02. 16:20:20
So when will it start? I haven't seen any announcement for more than two weeks.
Dátum: 2010.06.02. 16:18:24
I just got this one

Which of the following is NOT a significant 2010 earthquake according to the U.S.G.S. (as of March, 2010)?

Magnitude 7.0 RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN February 26, 2010
Magnitude 8.8 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE February 27, 2010
Magnitude 7.0 HAITI REGION January 12, 2010
Magnitude 7.8 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS October 07, 2010

I can't remember which one was correct but I think that only some of us could answer this without any problem. And I don't think it's an interesting lexical knowledge.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 13:12:40
About Bourne characters.
For me this is a good and also tricky question. The thing is that Matt Damon is definitely NOT a fictional character but a real person. Others are imagined so I don't really see the problem and I don't think it's too close.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 14:16:44
Oh my, oh my, oh my.
Another one:

In which band did Ozzie Osbourne play between (there are years when it happened - I can't remember)

Well, not "Ozzie" but "Ozzy" and only "Ozzy".
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 14:04:15
I've just had this question:

Which of the following is NOT a novel by Jane Austin?

- Reason and Rationality
- Sense and Sensibility
- Pride and Prejudice
- Emma

Who the hell is Jane AustIn? I thought that there was Jane AustEn.
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 17:18:51
Stekkos, i've just read your new post about evaluating qestions and i must say, that i fully agree with it. The rules you proposed are fine and wise for me.
Dátum: 2010.05.25. 15:25:46
For me Brasil is fully acceptable, but you're right about "2nd". I'm from Poland and in Polish there is a rule about ordinal numbers. It says that if we write about anything that is second or third or anything else, we do it with a dot after a number - so in Polish there is "2. place". That's why I didn't notice the spelling mistake.
Dátum: 2010.05.24. 17:16:54
Where are those mistakes?
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 10:05:56
The author is right.
Wright brothers opened a repair and sales shop "Wright Cycle Company" (Wright Cycle Exchange at first) about the year of 1896, so we can surely say, that their profession was making bicycles.
Next time try wikipedia.
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 09:57:45
True, true.
Dátum: 2010.05.19. 23:22:23
Megalol, D00ml0rd. This question's author must have been insane
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 11:18:00
I wrote a question about how much Olympic medals did Carl Lewis get. Here's what i got:

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge

So could you tell what is "an interesting lexical knowledge"? Why Michael Phelps is interesting and Carl Lewis, very famous American athlete, is not? What about a question that asked me of a main villain in Harry Potter series? Is this "an interesting lexical knowledge"? I think not.

And what you're gonna do with my post about saxophone as a woodwind instrument? No one answered.
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 22:49:57
I can't remember the exact question, but it was about woodwind instruments. It was about choosing an instrument that is not a woodwind one. The answer was "saxophone". Well, the thing is that sax is a woodwind instrument. It is because of a wooden reed, similar to clarinet.
Oldal: 123