Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
801. hozzászólás - 2010.06.07. 19:37:23 (Válasz Thetus #800 hozzászólására.)
Is not about numbers, if a question cannot be answered unless a player has reached a certain level is not considered good. That applies mainly to questions about this game, it does not apply to other types. And there is a ton of subjects you can choose from, like most of the players do. So just choose something else!
Pontszám: 5
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
802. hozzászólás - 2010.06.08. 03:46:57
Based on the way Magnets attract, the Earths Geographic North Pole is actually it's.

True Magnetic North Pole
True Magnetic South Pole **
Impossible to tell.
A dead zone for handheld magnetics

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

How the heck is this Ambiguous ????
The question gives the answer to you. 'Based on the way Magnets attract' ... when it comes to magnets... opposites attract. The Geographical North Pole would have to be a magnetic 'South Pole' in order for a compass to point towards it... ie.. point north.
At the very least it's a 50/50 shot between the first 2 answers given. If it were any simpler, then what would be the use of asking questions???? just give everyone a extra 5 or 10% to their SE when hunting and do away with the questions.
averageDentaio
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
803. hozzászólás - 2010.06.08. 05:43:25 (Válasz rok3269 #802 hozzászólására.)
Stekkos evaluated your question (see thread "Why did i reject a question (stekkos)) and gave following advice:

Based on the way Magnets attract, the Earths Geographic North Pole is actually it's.
Impossible to tell.
True Magnetic North Pole
A dead zone for handheld magnetics
True Magnetic South Pole

The impossible to tell is not good but also change the Question to gramatically fit the answers. Add ... at the end, remove ""A"" from answer 3
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
804. hozzászólás - 2010.06.08. 07:45:34 (Válasz stekkos #801 hozzászólására.)
Ok stekkos, I could agree with that. But I also gave you a link to a page where you can find all of the informations about skills, quests and others without being 4 or 10 level character. It's not an explanation that someone has only first level and that's why he/she can't answer a question like that one. He/she should just become more interested about the game.

But also you're right about this problem.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
805. hozzászólás - 2010.06.08. 13:18:53 (Válasz Dentaio #803 hozzászólására.)
I don't have to agree with your answer to the changes but I will accewpt it, I have no choice really. But why am I not at least given the chance to redo the question?
lost the chance to rewrite the question because the Evaluator labeled it as "Bad, Incorrect"
And that's not right either!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
806. hozzászólás - 2010.06.09. 04:57:17 (Válasz rok3269 #805 hozzászólására.)
I apologize for this, i thing in my rush to answer since it took quite a while to research your question, i did not click the Misspelling area to release the question back at you
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
807. hozzászólás - 2010.06.09. 05:02:04 (Válasz Thetus #804 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.08. 07:45:34
Ok stekkos, I could agree with that. But I also gave you a link to a page where you can find all of the informations about skills, quests and others without being 4 or 10 level character. It's not an explanation that someone has only first level and that's why he/she can't answer a question like that one. He/she should just become more interested about the game.

But also you're right about this problem.

I am familiar with the link but unless they give it to every player entering the game there is no way they will all know were to look. Even if they did, when you start a new game you are trying to see if you will like it enough to stay. So is not your priority to learn all there is about it, especially details about items you might use months later. Part of what i personally like about this game is that is not flooding you with all available options from start, it opens up really nice as you level up. So why force newcomers to reasearch more? If they are interested they can do it, if not they must be allowed that right
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
808. hozzászólás - 2010.06.09. 13:38:16 (Válasz stekkos #806 hozzászólására.)
it's all good.... I get rather pissy when it comes to the quiz questions anyways. no prob.
averagepanmar82
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
809. hozzászólás - 2010.06.09. 19:15:04
Who won the MotoGP Championship in 2009?

Dani Pedrosa
Casey Stoner
Valentino Rossi
Jorge Lorenzo

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Why this question might be known by a special group of people and questions such as who won the Formula 1 Championship or who was the drummer of The Cure(for example!!) are valued as good questions?I mean who doesn't know Valentino Rossi???Even my mother knows him!!

Furthermore you sent me this message...." Attention: Please try to ask respondable questions, and take care to mark the good answer. If you do not take care, you may lose the opportunity to write questions in the future, and you may also lose the opportunity to acquire soul energy this way."

Why do you think that my question was unrespondable???

Anyway many of the questions are responding to a special group of people but there they are!!I like to think that the purpose of the questions, besides the 10% bonus SE,is for learning new things and not just answer things that we already know.
Thanx

P.S
Doomlord is a great game and that's why i am complaining about this.If i didn't like the game i wouldn't bother to say these things i've said..
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
810. hozzászólás - 2010.06.10. 18:51:59
I am posting this to all quiz forums because some seem to either not know or do not care to check:

I have created a topic under quiz section where i post why i rejected a question and what can be done to fix it for re submition (if possible). That takes quite some time and effort but i do it willingly to help the players with their questions. Some keep re posting the same question as it is. So that is a fair warning i give: If i get the same question 2 times EXACTLY the same, i will mark the player. If i see after that the same issue, trying to re post questions again exactly the same, i will give the delete evaluation and he will loose for a while the right to post. I hate to do this, but i hope i will not have to. So check under "Why did i reject a question" before you re submit. If i rejected it, it will be there (unless i gave the already in database)

Please do not make me regret i took the time to created the topic.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
811. hozzászólás - 2010.06.11. 20:36:53
Where was NHL Superstar Alexander Ovechkin born?
Moscow, Russia
Kiev, Ukraine
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Minsk, Belarus

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

Fuck off - Uninteresting to who? This is the most purely talented and electric player in the NHL. The city doesn't matter, I'm asking basically what country he was born in. Just because ONE MODERATOR doesn't give two shits, that doesn't mean they are right. This is an incredibly INSULTING reason for decline, and I'm really getting pissed off again.

I could do 200 hunts, and find 50 questions that are a lot less interesting - to ME. And that's the point... Everyone has different interests, so as long as I'm not asking what I had for breakfast, or who won the coin flip in the first World Cup game - then anything can be interesting to someone.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.06.11. 20:41:37-kor
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
812. hozzászólás - 2010.06.11. 21:26:54 (Válasz Viridel #811 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.11. 20:36:53
Moscow, Russia
Kiev, Ukraine
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Minsk, Belarus

.... The city doesn't matter, I'm asking basically what country he was born in.

you say yourself that the city doesn't matter, you should have listed countries then instead of cities.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
813. hozzászólás - 2010.06.11. 22:24:33 (Válasz Pogaxa #812 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.06.11. 21:26:54
Moscow, Russia
Kiev, Ukraine
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Minsk, Belarus

you say yourself that the city doesn't matter, you should have listed countries then instead of cities.

I didn't know Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus were cities.
Pontszám: 3
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
814. hozzászólás - 2010.06.11. 23:23:41
Where was Joseph Haydn born?
Austria
USA
Switzerland
Germany

How is this ANY different than what I asked??? Except Haydn is a composer and Ovechkin is an athlete.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
815. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 02:47:40 (Válasz Viridel #813 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.11. 22:24:33
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.06.11. 21:26:54
Moscow, Russia
Kiev, Ukraine
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Minsk, Belarus

I didn't know Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus were cities.

They aren't.... however Moscow, Kiev, Almaty, & Minsk are cities. If you resubmit the question without those cities in it, it may go through, but then I don't evaluate questions. I'm just adding my 2 cents.
For what it's worth I think it's as valid a question as most of the other that deal with who was born where.
A hozzászólást rok3269 módosította 2010.06.12. 02:50:28-kor
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
816. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 04:12:46 (Válasz rok3269 #815 hozzászólására.)
I don't see the problem with the cities and the countries being listed. It's asking what country with the chance to learn something along the way. (In my case that something is that Kazakhstan has a city called Almaty)
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
817. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 05:43:10 (Válasz Viridel #814 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.11. 23:23:41
Where was Joseph Haydn born?
Austria
USA
Switzerland
Germany

How is this ANY different than what I asked??? Except Haydn is a composer and Ovechkin is an athlete.

Ok, stop there, i am neither a big classical music or sports fan. But comparing a hockey (or any other sport) player to one of the greatest composers in the world is unfair. When will you get the point that sports havent got the world wide impact of other subjects? Haydn has greated masterpieces that endured and are played for hundreds of years, will endure for hundreds to come by the looks of it. A sport player, even as good as the one you mention, will still be a passing star, like maradona in soccer. After they retire all that remains is the mention of their feats and abilties in sports history books or shows. They are not less importand than any other person, but their acievements do not have the same impact to the world as many other figures, the example of Haydn being one.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.06.12. 05:45:23-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
818. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 13:26:47
Which species of animal has shown that it has the ability to recognize itself in a mirror?

Mice
Dogs
Asian Elephants
Bears

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

The correct answer was Asian Elephants and I am sure, that question is good and interesting for a general knowledge, cause I found also explanation:
Experiments with large-brained animals have shown they realize the reflection they see in a mirror is their own. Others with this ability include dolphins, orangutans, bonobos, chimpanzees and magpies.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
819. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 23:49:34 (Válasz stekkos #817 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.12. 05:43:10
But comparing a hockey (or any other sport) player to one of the greatest composers in the world is unfair. When will you get the point that sports havent got the world wide impact of other subjects? Haydn has greated masterpieces that endured and are played for hundreds of years, will endure for hundreds to come by the looks of it. A sport player, even as good as the one you mention, will still be a passing star, like maradona in soccer. After they retire all that remains is the mention of their feats and abilties in sports history books or shows. They are not less importand than any other person, but their acievements do not have the same impact to the world as many other figures, the example of Haydn being one.

Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Tchaikovsky - those were great composers. Haydn? Never heard of him. More importantly, I'm not saying that his question should not be in... I'm saying that my question should not have been excluded. If I asked what country Maradona played for, that would be valid, right? Or would you boot that out of the quiz?

The problem is that it's your OPINION that Haydn made a greater contribution to society than Ovechkin will over his career (or that Maradona did). This is WRONG. Until the Moderators stop making decisions on international opinion based on your own personal criteria, this system will be flawed.

Beyond that, Haydn is history. Ovechkin is pop culture. Both should have a respected place in the quiz... You say yourself that "They are not less importand than any other person" - yet the Moderator actions indicate that is clearly what is being said. The stupidest thing is that I bet you after 100 answers, more people would have the Ovechkin answer right than Haydn... But BOTH should be in the quiz.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
820. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 07:45:01 (Válasz Viridel #819 hozzászólására.)
Still you cannot compare an athlete with a composer, scientist or explorer. Even a minor one, if the term can be used to decribe Haydn. I said athletes are not lesser in any way, they just cannot be in the same category regarding world impact as the above mentioned. If a scientist discovers a very small thing, like the number of proteins in a bacteria species, that can lead to unimaginable things in the future, like cure of a deadly disease. If a composer writes a short but revolutionary type of music, others might create a whole new culture of works based on that. If an athlete suceeds in making a great career, records, achievments, etc he will stay in history as the great athlete he was and diserves to be praised for what he was but that ends his signifigance to the world.

And i am not saying your question should have passed or not. The way you think about WHY it should have passed, the comparison you used, is flawed.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője