Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - s5jst

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2010.07.07. 16:57:22
Which mammal has the longest gestation period?

Indian Elephant
Giraffe
Pig
Whale

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

I'm sure my question is perfectly understandable and not misleading in any way or ambiguous. I think the answer to this question is part of general education which the gain in primary school. If you missed that part at school, read this:

Animal Average gestation period (days)
American opossum 12 - 13
Golden hamster 15 - 17
House mice 18 - 20
Rabbits 33
Foxes 51 - 63
Cats 62
Dogs 65
Leopards 94
Lions 108
Pigs 115
Sheep 145
Baboons 187
Moose 245
Humans 259–294
Cattle 283
Horses 336
Rhinos 487
Elephants 600–660

Length of Human Pregnancy vs. Some Pets and Other Animals
- Mammal Species # ofDays
Group 1 Opossom 12
Hamster 16
Mouse/ Rat 21
Rabbit 31
Skunk 31
Group 2 Squirrel 44
Eagle, Golden 44
Bobcat 60
Dog 61
Cat 63
Scorpion 90 - 540
Lion 108
Pig 114
Goat 145
Sheep 150
Group 3 Bear, Grizzly 220
Human baby 266
Cow 284
Horse 336
Sea Lion 360
Wha|e 360
Donkey 374
Group 4 Camel 400
Giraffe 425
Rhino, Grey 480
Rhino, Black 540
Elephant, Indian 624

Average human baby pregnancy time vs. other mammals.
The larger the animal, the longer the gestation period, in general.
In general, the larger the animal, the longer the life.
Dátum: 2010.07.07. 09:24:42
How many different chess pieces are there in a standard game of chess?

As the right answer is marked 6. Can you explain how do you mean that?
Because:
There are the following pieces on one team in a standard game of chess:
King
Queen
Bishop (x2)
Knight(x2)
Castle/Rook (x2)
Pawn (x8)

So that's 16 - and remember there is also another team so that makes 32 overall
Dátum: 2010.07.05. 06:52:22
Approximately how large is a newborn kangaroo?
1 meter
1 inch
1 foot
1 centimeter

I think that the answers should be in the same unit
Dátum: 2010.07.04. 00:25:51
More and more my questions are rejected as "This question is already part of the database". I wonder how many questions are already there in the database. So far I have answered correctly to 1868 questions, that means I have got at least 2500 questions , but between them has never been the one, which evaluators refused me as "part of the database"
Dátum: 2010.07.01. 11:16:11
What was John Wayne's real name?
Mitchell Morrison
Michael Morrison
Robert Morrison
Marion Morrison

WIKIPEDIA says:
Born Marion Robert Morrison
May 26, 1907(1907-05-26)
Winterset, Iowa, U.S.
Died June 11, 1979 (aged 72)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Other name(s) Marion Michael Morrison; Duke; Duke Morrison

So?!?!
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 10:02:10
You missed the first part of my thinking, which is not based on religion: "..the range of 10-16 billion years", but if you keep searching by google, you could find more different answers. Maybe the answer would be acceptable if the question was "approximately"....

And YES, I am "a bit nit picky here". Many of my much better questions rejected for various reasons
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 08:42:20
How old is the universe?
14 billion years
14 million years
14 trillion years
31 million years

THIS IS INCORRECT, BAD QUESTION.
If you are searching by Google, you can find different theories about age of universe, f.eg. on the page http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0106/ you can read ....."Most astronomers would agree that the age of the Universe - the time elapsed since the "Big Bang" - is one of the "holy grails of cosmology". Despite great efforts during recent years, the various estimates of this basic number have resulted in rather diverse values. When derived from current cosmological models, it depends on a number of theoretical assumptions that are not very well constrained by the incomplete available observational data. At present, a value in the range of 10-16 billion years [1] is considered most likely. But now, an international team of astronomers [2] has used the powerful ESO Very Large Telescope (VLT) and its very efficient spectrograph UVES to perform a unique measurement that paves the way for a new and more accurate determination of the age of the Universe. They measured for the first time the amount of the radioactive isotope Uranium-238 in a star that was born when the Milky Way, the galaxy in which we live, was still forming. It is the first measurement ever of uranium outside the Solar System."

http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm?ID=933: ..." The Jewish calendar tells us that we are now living in the 5759th year since creation. The latest scientific studies and hypothesis suggest otherwise. While accounts vary, the number which is most generally accepted amongst scientists in terms of their speculation as to when the universe came into being, is 15 billion years. It would seem as though any intelligent and G-d fearing physicist would now face serious problems concerning his knowledge. Any sort of attempted reconciliation would only further subjugate one or the other, and yet if one is proved false, than what is to become of the validity of the entire nature of the other?"
etc, etc.....
Dátum: 2010.06.29. 02:12:55
OH MY GOD! WHAT KIND OF COMMON KNOWLEDGE QUESTION IS THIS?! ALL THOSE COULD BE KILLED IN BANK ROBBERIES!

The people killed more often in bank robberies are?
Civilians
Robbers
Police
Bankers
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 13:56:48
What is the speed of sound at sea level called?
possible answers: MACH 1, MACH 2, MACH 2, MACH 4

But i found on GOOGLE:
There is no special name for the speed of sound at sea level, because the sea level and every other air pressure high up in the mountain has nothing to do with the speed of sound.
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 09:26:35
oh my god, and TAHT is a GOOD question??!!!!

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a __________ by the toe?
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 09:00:59
MY QUIZ QUESTION WAS REJECTED:
My cat scratches the furniture to _?

mark territory
shed nail sheaths
retch muscles
all of these

BUT:
2. My cat scratches the furniture to:

Your Answer: all of these
Cats scratch for all of these reasons. Their paw pads have a gland that leaves a scent whenever they scratch a surface; therefore, they sometimes scratch to mark territory. This is most common in outdoor cats and big cats in the wild. They also scratch to help loosen and remove dead nail sheaths. For stretching, you might notice sometimes when your cat wakes up from a nap that one of the first things they do is scratch their scratching post (if one is provided, if not, it just may be your furniture). So, scratching is also known as a means for cats to strectch their muscles.
Dátum: 2010.06.23. 03:29:28
it still is the bug
Dátum: 2010.06.23. 03:28:16
Why I can't see my previous battles descriptions? (There is no such battle!)
Dátum: 2010.06.20. 16:40:03
Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
your answer: Grant

Right answer: Nobody is. It's a tomb. You can't be buried in a tomb. But Ulysses S. Grant is in it.
Dátum: 2010.06.17. 08:47:07
How tall is Tugela falls?
3000 feet
967 m
3400 feet
948 m

ALL ANSWERS SHOULD be in the same UNITS OF MEASUREMENT!!!! SO THE QUESTION CAN'T BE GOOD!!!
Dátum: 2010.06.13. 12:13:31
The question is: How much should a Football(Soccer) ball weigh?
but but then there are 3 answers in grams and 1 answer in pounds
as regulary answer is marked one of the grams answers. On google I found: a regulation size soccerball weighes between about 6oz to 10oz - a regular soccer ball weighs in lbs is 1.1 pounds , and also I found that there are different sizes of soccer ball.
A size 5 soccer ball will weigh between 14 and 16 ounces etc... (look on wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(ball)

The question is - at least - ambiguous.
Dátum: 2010.06.12. 13:26:47
Which species of animal has shown that it has the ability to recognize itself in a mirror?

Mice
Dogs
Asian Elephants
Bears

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

The correct answer was Asian Elephants and I am sure, that question is good and interesting for a general knowledge, cause I found also explanation:
Experiments with large-brained animals have shown they realize the reflection they see in a mirror is their own. Others with this ability include dolphins, orangutans, bonobos, chimpanzees and magpies.
Dátum: 2010.06.11. 14:24:22
I've got a question Which bird lays the smallest egg? and I gave the correctly answer: bee hummingbird.

but my iresult was: Wrong answer! The correct answer is: And yet it moves. (Galilei).
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2010.06.07. 05:53:56
How many tentacles does an octopus have?

your answer is 8, but the right answer is "Zero, they have eight arms, not tentacles"
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 15:25:27
How many times minimum do most people eat meals per day?

This question is at least silly! All over the world, there are much more people who can not afford even one meal per day than those who eat 3 times per day. There is no such a rule or law and the answer that most people eat 3 times per day is unacceptable, silly , wrong and misleading.
Oldal: 12