Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Wtfakkeltje

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2011.06.05. 15:14:48
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.05.31. 15:01:37
First, thanks for the new feature!

Next, the questions:

How many people have to categorize each question?

What happens if you reach the correct number of people, but there's a tie?

Does each world have their own database, or are they all together?

Once enough people have categorized a given question, what happens to the next person who categorizes that question? If they get it right, do they get their reward immediately (meaning the next time they get the Recommendations reward)?

Once it's categorized, what happens if enough people put it in a different category to change the vote?

Also, it seems to me that Modern History and 20th and 21st century (both under History) are redundant. If Modern means anything between Middle Ages and 20th century, it should be clarified.

I've had the same problem with "modern history". And I probably miscategorised a question about Greek mythology because I thought mythology would be under "history". (Yes, I should have read better.)
Also, I think there's a category missing, namely politics. Where would you categorise a question about a famous politician?
Anyway, I like this new function. Keep up the good work and try to improve it as much as possible. ^_^
Dátum: 2011.05.19. 17:33:42
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.04.11. 16:10:58
Which of following organisms is the oldest?
Fungi
Fish
Mammals
Bacteria

The question is too vague, it should be more specific. The bacteria on someone's hand, for example, are not older than the mammal that hosts them. Evolutionarily bacteria (in general) are most likely to be the oldest.
I've googled "bacteria life span" and found this:
Some types of bacteria, such as those that cause strep throat, can live on any inanimate surface for hours or even weeks. Others have a very short life span that lasts as few as 20 minutes.

Obviously fishes and mammals can live longer than "hours or even weeks", so I think you should specify "oldest".
(Now let's hope I haven't been too vague with this explanation.)

And here's another organism age question:

What is considered the oldest animal?
Clam
Blue Jay
Dog
Alligator

But what if the clam is one year old and the dog is seven years old? Please specify "oldest".
Dátum: 2011.05.17. 18:34:46
In Ancient Greek mythology, Athena is the Goddess of What?
Fruit and Wine
Warfare and the useful arts
Strong Women
War and Spears

Athena was not only the goddess of war and arts, but also the goddess of "wisdom, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice and skill", according to wikipedia. And the goddess of the clear sky, or something like that.
Not only do I think the answer is imcomplete, but the other alternatives don't sound too wrong either. Strength and female arts together make an answer pretty close to "strong women" and since she is the god of warfare and is often depicted holding a spear, one might also say she is the goddess of war and spears.
I like questions about (Greek) mythology, but the answers just aren't flawless.
Dátum: 2011.05.10. 15:26:09
What color is Big Bird on Sesame Street?
Green
Yellow
Brown
Red

Then how do you explain this:
The colour varies per country. The name varies as well, so actually this question might just work(, because it says "Big Bird").
Dátum: 2011.05.09. 12:28:31
In what city is Disneyland located?
Orlando, Florida
Anaheim, California
Miami, Florida
Los Angeles, California

Whenever I hear "Disneyland" the first city I think of is Paris. And Wikipedia says this:
Disneyland is the original Disney theme park in Anaheim, California.

Disneyland may also refer to:

Theme parks
Tokyo Disneyland, a theme park near Tokyo, Japan
Disneyland Park (Paris), a theme park at Disneyland Paris. Previously called Euro Disneyland and Disneyland Paris
Hong Kong Disneyland, a theme park at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

So Disneyland is not only located in Anaheim. (Of the possible answers it is the only correct answer, yes. But I think the question should be more specific.)
Dátum: 2011.04.23. 12:19:36
What National team was second on the World Cup 2010 ?
France
Uruguay
Spain
Holand

First: what world cup are you talking about? (It's probably football/soccer, don't forget to add the sport!)
Second: It's Holland, with two l's. Or "The Netherlands". (I prefer the latter, but it doesn't really matter, since they are the same.)
Dátum: 2011.04.21. 16:41:30
There is a house that faces South out of EVERY window. A bear walks by...What color is the bear?
Black
Brown
White
Grey

I understand that there is a house. But how am I supposed to know what colour your bear is? Now that I ask this, I think you mean the house is build exactly on the north pole, but there is another possibility that matches your description of the house. Imagine a house that only has windows on the side that faces south. The other sides have no windows. This house matches the description, too and could be placed anywhere on earth. I hope I've made myself clear on this one. It's a good question, but it requires a bit more information on the "EVERY window" or how the house has been built.
Dátum: 2011.04.21. 15:02:30
Approx. how many stars can you see in the sky with bare eyes on a ordinary, clear night?
Around 25 000
Around 3000
Around half a million
Around 250

That depends on where you are when you look at the sky.

image doesn't seem to work, so here is the link:
http://pre.cloudfront.goodinc.com/posts/post_full_1286571325500x_skychanges.jpg

I also found this bit of information:
The number of stars that you can see on a clear (moonless) night in a dark area (far away from city lights) is about 2000.

(http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/cosmic_kids/AskKids/seestars.shtml)
Dátum: 2011.04.15. 15:53:01
In a deck of cards, which is the only king without a moustache?
King of Clubs
King of Spades
King of Hearts
King of Diamonds

I bet this is true for most standard card decks, but as always there are exceptions!

This king of hearts has a moustache! So this question is probably not true for all decks. (People who check this question with their own playing cards might find different answers.)
Dátum: 2011.04.14. 17:19:26
What is organism ?
Living complex adaptive system of organs
Body of earthly nature
Body which is organized
Body containing orgasmic organs

First of all: organism is a word. A better question would be "what does 'organism' mean?" or "what is an organism?" or "which of the following describes 'organism' the best?". An organism doesn't have to possess organs/be a system of organs to be an organism. How many organs do you think bacteria have? Or fungi? (Not to mention viri (viruses).)
Biology-online gave me the following definition:
Definition

noun, plural: organisms

(Science: Biology)

An individual living thing that can react to stimuli, reproduce, grow, and maintain homeostasis. It can be a virus, bacterium, protist, fungus, plant or an animal.

Supplement

Word origin: Greek organon = instrument.
Related forms: organismic (adjective), organismal (adjective), organismically (adverb).
Synonym: living thing, living being, individual.

I hope that says enough.
Dátum: 2011.04.11. 16:10:58
Which of following organisms is the oldest?
Fungi
Fish
Mammals
Bacteria

The question is too vague, it should be more specific. The bacteria on someone's hand, for example, are not older than the mammal that hosts them. Evolutionarily bacteria (in general) are most likely to be the oldest.
I've googled "bacteria life span" and found this:
Some types of bacteria, such as those that cause strep throat, can live on any inanimate surface for hours or even weeks. Others have a very short life span that lasts as few as 20 minutes.

Obviously fishes and mammals can live longer than "hours or even weeks", so I think you should specify "oldest".
(Now let's hope I haven't been too vague with this explanation.)
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 08:45:22
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.26. 13:18:15
Who is the main god in German mythology?
Heimdall
Loki
Baldur
Odin <- marked as correct. (German name is Wotan or Woden)

Those are all Norse goods (or Norse names for the gods), but who cares that there is no single German mythology, but a number of different mythologies and various areas had different head gods, see this site for a nice description: http://www.paralumun.com/mythgerman.htm or a glossary here: http://www.terrapsych.com/gods2.html

This is exactly the question and explanation that I wanted to post here. I'm glad it's been noticed. (Btw, at my school he was called "Wodan".)
Dátum: 2011.03.18. 13:42:38
What does the Greek phrase "Ta biblia" translate to?
Little papyrus books
Scroll
Article
Old book

"Ta biblia" literally means "the books". There is nothing about size or material in it, so you couldn't say it means little papyrus (even if Greeks only make little papyrus books).
Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books"
Dátum: 2011.03.17. 16:30:09
How do you tell the difference between a male and a female earthworm?
The females carry a worm purse.
There is no difference.
The males are fatter than the females.
The males are longer than the females.

The answer says that there is no difference between males and females, but in fact there aren't even males and females. The worms are hermaphrodites.
Dátum: 2011.03.15. 11:48:33
What does R.I.P. on a grave stone stand for?

Rust In Pieces
Rock Is Pop
Rest In Peace
Rotting Is Pleasure

R.I.P. stands for "Requiescat In Pace" (which means pretty much the same as "Rest in peace", but it's still something different).

Also the hoplite question is wrong. It's not about their shields, but I don't have the exact question.
Oldal: 12