Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Hyannis

Oldal: 123
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 02:59:08
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.02.27. 21:40:41
How many united states of america presidents died during thier term? Answer is 8, 4 assasinations and 4 deaths. So what would be wrong with the question?

Copy and paste your question and answers so that we can comment. It is hard to comment the way you have asked above.
Dátum: 2010.02.27. 17:43:09
Evaluators: Despite being told that the longest river in the World is in Africa, the question still remains in the database with an answer stating that America has the longest river. Read below:

Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.10. 23:56:44
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.08. 00:58:36
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.08. 00:58:36

DELETE THIS QUESTION NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2010.02.27. 17:37:10
Idézet: Knack - 2010.02.27. 14:22:28
Who played the lead role in the movie Mrs Doubtfire.

Dustin Hoffman
Steve Martin
Robin Williams
Billy Crystal

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

??????

Maybe they penalized you because there was no question mark, because quite frankly there are no spelling mistakes in the question or in the answers. I would like to know who the evaluator is who can't spell himself/herself!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 21:46:13
Evaluators - I asked the following question and it was rejected because of a spelling mistake, either in the question or in the answers.

Which of the following temperature represents Absolute Zero?

Zero degrees Kelvin
-273.15 degrees Celcius
Zero Rankine (−459.67 Fahrenheit)
All of the above

The only thing I can see that is wrong is that I missed an s at the end of temperature. Everything else is spelled correctly.

So out of disgust for having my question rejected for missing an s at the end of temperature, I repeated the question, remembering to include the letter s.

Which of the following temperatures represents Absolute Zero?

Zero degrees Kelvin
-273.15 degrees Celcius
Zero Rankine (−459.67 Fahrenheit)
All of the above

This question is already part of the database.

Lo and behold my question is rejected because it is part of the database!!!!!

First of all I am dumbfounded that my question was rejected in the first place. Secondly, that you reject a question that has been altered to accommodate someones ridiculous rejection of a legitimate question. Thirdly, if a question is rejected for being wrong in anyway shape or form, is it really necessary for that question to be part of the database never to be seen/answered by a living soul?

BTW - someone asked a question concerning a certain McGregor and this was allowed to go through despite the name being spelled MacGregor - such inconsistency from the Evaluators!! As soon as I find the question which you FAILED to reject I will post it.
Dátum: 2010.02.20. 16:52:42
The Orient Express has become synonymous with intrigue and luxury travel and is intimately associated with which two cities?

London and Paris
Paris and Instanbul
London and Berlin
Paris and Rome

Again - where is the spelling mistake??? This game is now becoming pathetic. Am I using too big of words that you do not know how tp spell the words 'and' or 'with' that you reject my question yet again for spelling mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2010.02.20. 09:45:50
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.02.20. 01:12:24
As I was going to say before my computer froze up:
I think that you don't understand what I said. It isn't common knowledge as to when London first hosted the Olympic Games (by the way, you could specify Winter/Summer/either). I don't know why your question is grammatically wrong, but in the way I just said, it seems to require specific knowledge to know when that happened

If I understand correctly, you stated that my question isn't common knowledge and requires specific knowledge to answer this question. Well, I can point out at least 50 questions that need specific knowledge to answer the question. Here are just a few:

1) Who first signed the US declaration of independence?
2) Who appears on the back of a $2 bill?
3) Who appears on the back of a $5 bill?
4) Who was president of the US during World War One?
5) Who has lost more NFL football games?
6) Where is Superbowl 44 being held?

I am in the United Kingdom and would need specific knowledge, as you put it, to answer these questions, but if I get an answer wrong, I search the web to get the answers. And it I can do that, I am sure everybody else can to find the answer to my question.

NO QUESTION should be discarded unless there IS a specific spelling mistake (with my question there isn't) or that the answer to the question is totally wrong.

I learned the answer to the six questions above by searching the web. By putting Olympic 2012 in google, information shown is that London will become the first city in the World to host three Olympic Games, having first held it in 1908 and 1948.

If you are still going along the line that my question needs 'specific knowledge' to answer it, then all questions should be null and void and the game abandoned because it is biased.
Dátum: 2010.02.19. 23:23:18
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.02.19. 23:03:17
Well, I am not an evaluator, but it might need to be 'When did London, United Kingdom first host the Olympic Games?'
the first part, about the 2012 games seems extraneous to me, and, to me, that seems like it would require specific knowledge, though it is better then some I have seen.

require specific knowledge - I have to disagree with you on this point as it is announced live on television and advertised in newspapers all over the World. But the evaluator is not saying there is an issue with the wording of my question, but that there is a spelling mistake in the question or in the answer.

As to specific knowledge - all questions posted need specific knowledge to answer them, which can be investigated on the world wide web for the solution.
Dátum: 2010.02.19. 13:43:35
The 2012 Olympic Games will be hosted by London. When did they first host the Olympic Games?

They haven't hosted the Olympic Games before

You got to be kidding right??

To the evaluator who rejected this question - where is the spelling mistake???????????????????????????????????????????????
Dátum: 2010.02.16. 17:04:10
Someone asked the question about Killer Whales and how they got their name. The four options given (if I remember rightly and apologies if I get this wrong) were humans, other whales, seals and shoot, I can't think of the other option. The answer given by the author of the question was seals. This is totally wrong. The whale was given the title Killer Whale because Spanish seaman observed the whales attacking other whales. This can be checked on wiki!!
Dátum: 2010.02.16. 16:55:00
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2010.02.12. 18:49:59
It's not an American game, but more basic facts of the American history are known worldwide than specific questions about UK. And yes, I noticed the misspelling of Berkshire, too.
On the other hand, evaluation is always a subjective thing and depends on the culture of your country. We tried another method - player evaluation - but it proved to be a disaster.
So I may only suggest you to write less specific questions.

At least I got a response!! But I disagree with you. The basic facts of American history is not known worldwide and if anything the United Kingdom or more specifically the British Empire has more basic facts that is more popular than that of the United States. But, lets agree to disagree!!

What the evaluators should do is allow all questions to be passed as the internet is a worth while tool to investigate for the solution. This way EVERYBODY learns. The only thing that the evaluators should do is REJECT questions that is wrong or contains spelling mistakes.
Dátum: 2010.02.16. 16:43:17
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.02.13. 18:38:01
it was mentioned here several times: if you deny something in your answers, it surely gets the ambiguous answers evaluation - in your case, if they don't relate, why are you asking about it?

Idézet: Lichon - 2010.02.13. 12:48:42
I cant see what is wrong, please explain.

How does bits and bytes relate ?

They don't relate to each other
They are both computer terms
They are both food terms
They are both masonry terms

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Maybe rewording your question to 'What do the terms bits and bytes relate to?' would be far better.
Dátum: 2010.02.11. 13:53:16
Is no one from the evaluators going to respond to the following because I have been asked to answer a question again on American History about who appears on the $2 bill

In which Bershire village was the Royal Military Academy for Officer training founded in 1799?

Abingdon
Sandhurst
Aldermaston
Sunningdale

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Evaluators, I am from the United Kingdom and I am asked to answer questions on American History which only a SPECIAL GROUP of people might know. For instance - who was the first person to sign the US Declaration of Independence. To know this answer and the other people that signed the declaration - I would have to be an American. Another example of an American based question, which face appears on the back of the $5 bill.

I feel that I have asked a valid and worthwhile question, that can be researched on the internet, like I have to if I get a question on American History wrong.

Or is it that this is an American based game and that all questions are assessed by American people, because if that is the case, I could say that the game is biased.

I would be more than happy if you had said that my question was a bad question because I had mis-spelt the county incorrectly - it should have read Berkshire.
Dátum: 2010.02.11. 13:49:21
I have also checked your facts and it is not Heinrich Schliemann. The only logical explanation if it is not MacLaren or Schliemann is Frank Calvert in 1866 who made extensive surveys and published in scholary journals his identification of the hill of New Ilium. In 1868 Schliemann visited Calvert and secured permission to excavate Hisarlik.
Dátum: 2010.02.11. 13:34:53
There is nothing wrong with the question and I am not an evaluator. They may have rejected the question because of the - between grow and on, but that is being petty. I have seen worse questions get through the evaluators, especially those questions that are WRONG and not checked properly.
Dátum: 2010.02.10. 23:12:21
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.10. 22:56:44
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.07. 23:58:36
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.07. 23:58:36

Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.10. 15:58:26
Someone asked where is the longest river in the World is and the answers provided were Africa, America, Europe and Asia. The answer given: America. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Admittedly there has been a dispute as to whether the Amazon (America) or the Nile (Africa) are the longest rivers, but considering that the total length of the Amazon is only 3,980 miles and the Nile is 4,135 miles, the answer to the question should be Africa.

Dedhed - You have repeated what I wrote earlier. The author of the question stated that South America is where the longest river in the World is, which is incorrect. The longest river in the World is the Nile which is in Africa.
Dátum: 2010.02.10. 15:58:26
Someone asked where is the longest river in the World is and the answers provided were Africa, America, Europe and Asia. The answer given: America. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Admittedly there has been a dispute as to whether the Amazon (America) or the Nile (Africa) are the longest rivers, but considering that the total length of the Amazon is only 3,980 miles and the Nile is 4,135 miles, the answer to the question should be Africa.
Dátum: 2010.02.09. 21:42:23
Just a technical issue on a question about Donald & Keifer Sutherland. The author stated in which country do they come from or something similar. Of the four options Canada and England were given, and the answer to the question is Canada. It is true that Donald Sutherland was born in Canada, however, Keifer and his twin sister, Rachel, were born on the 21 Dec 1966 in Saint Mary's Hospital Paddington London England. His parents divorced in 1972 when he was in Corona California and then in 1975 moved to Toronto. With this in mind the question/answer is totally wrong.
Dátum: 2010.02.09. 14:56:12
Idézet: Spin - 2010.02.09. 14:08:08
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.08. 14:30:59
Someone asked the following question:

Who discovered the ruins of Troy?

The possible answers were:

a} Henrich Schliemann
b} Flinders Petrie
c} Howard Carter
d} Artur Evans

The author of the question stated that Henrich Schliemann had discovered the ruins. This is incorrect. Henrich excavated the ruins from 1870 until 1890. The correct answer to the question is not even part of the possible answers - Charles McLaren. He discovered the ruins in 1822.

Please correct this question / answer - Thank you.

To start Henrich is mispelled and is missing an i, should be Heinrich. Secondly, Schliemann is the correct answer, since McLaren is only credited with suggesting the site as the location, since it was Schliemann and another man who actually excavated the ruins proving McLaren's theory correct he is one that archaeology has creditied with the discovery.

Check your facts correctly. 1822 the ruins were discovered by McLaren and it wasn't until 1870 before the ruins were actually excavated.
Schliemann only excavated and did not discover the ruins, which the question is asking. For further info goto http://www.allaboutturkey.com/troy.htm
Dátum: 2010.02.08. 18:01:24
Idézet: Under Lord - 2010.02.07. 20:58:48
There was a question on which planet is closest to the Sun. The correct answer is Mercury but the answer was Earth. WRONG

I would agree with you. However, you must think laterally as well. Out of the four answers provided, Earth would be closer than the other three to the Sun. But I can see from your point of view that the question is badly written and the question should have been phrased: Which of the following four planets is closest to the Sun?,
Dátum: 2010.02.08. 17:09:17
In which Bershire village was the Royal Military Academy for Officer training founded in 1799?

Abingdon
Sandhurst
Aldermaston
Sunningdale

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Evaluators, I am from the United Kingdom and I am asked to answer questions on American History which only a SPECIAL GROUP of people might know. For instance - who was the first person to sign the US Declaration of Independence. To know this answer and the other people that signed the declaration - I would have to be an American. Another example of an American based question, which face appears on the back of the $5 bill.

I feel that I have asked a valid and worthwhile question, that can be researched on the internet, like I have to if I get a question on American History wrong.

Or is it that this is an American based game and that all questions are assessed by American people, because if that is the case, I could say that the game is biased.

I would be more than happy if you had said that my question was a bad question because I had mis-spelt the county incorrectly - it should have read Berkshire.
Oldal: 123