Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
381. hozzászólás - 2010.02.05. 21:53:40 (Válasz hunglo #377 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: hunglo - 2010.02.05. 17:57:37
the question obout the location of disneyland is bad because there is a disneyland in both orlando florida and in anehiem california. however when i answered orlando i was told it was incorrect. i binged the search and was correct.

Disneyland is in California
DisneyWorld is in Florida
Pontszám: 7.50
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
382. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 11:39:18
Someone asked Na represents what in the periodic table. The person stated that the correct answer is Nickel ..... WRONG!!! The symbol for Nickel is NI and Na represents SODIUM. Someone needs to correct the question or have it removed.
Pontszám: 5
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
383. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 12:59:29
What best describes the color yellow?
a)primary color
b)secondary color
c)tertiary color

Common guys, yellow is both a primary and a secondary color!

In additive color mixing red, green, and blue are the primary colors. The average person is likely to know this.

Subtractive color mixing deals mostly with printers. Here yellow is a primary color along with cyan, and magenta.
Pontszám: 4.33
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
384. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 01:47:23
What is the reason for the colors in a sunset?
Fairy dust
pollution or dust
swap gas
glowing Eye of the sun

I'm not sure what the glowing Eye of the sun is, but Sol is the source for the wondrous colors in a sunset. Rayleigh scattering makes the noon sky blue and the dawn red. Pollution or dust can increase the effect, but it can also hinder it. Heavily polluted cities are seldom known for their great sunsets. I might be splitting matchsticks, and being too technical, but pollution or dust simply are not the reasons we see the sky change hues. The physics of light, air particles, and the rotation of the Earth are the reasons.
Pontszám: 3.50
much likedWolfstoneNő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
385. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 02:05:14
There is a quiz out there that goes something like this.

Which dog is smallest.

Great dane
Dalmation
Shepard
Chuaua<---Spelled like that

Im sorry but that is not the correct way to spell it, its Chihuahua, and i was horribly confused until I could understand what it was saying. This should be changed
Pontszám: 6.67
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
386. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 06:54:50 (Válasz Lord Jomes #383 hozzászólására.)
Lord Jones, about the color yellow question, yellow is a primary color along with red and blue in physics. All other colors derive from these 3. So the question is asking that i believe (if the one who post it can clarify it will be nice). Still no confusion here.

Colors in the sunset. You are right that they are due to scattering of the light but as you pointed out, particles in the atmosphere (like dust or pollution) cause the variety and intensity of the colors. And big polluted cities are known for having weird, spectacular sunsets especially if methane is part of the pollution (nice green and cyan colors) Ofcourse the fog might be very dense sometimes and the sunset colors do not reach the people but they are there and pollutants do cause them. In all, the question is right enough to be answered without problem

Wolfstone, nice catch They should change it, i saw that q 20 times and never noticed
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
387. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 11:49:35 (Válasz Hyannis #374 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.04. 16:26:55
Idézet: Spin - 2010.02.04. 11:37:09
Pluto was removed from the list of planets in our solar system due to a decision made by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) during a meeting in 2006. The IAU is made up of Astronomers from all over the world, and the desicion has much debate, but at the same time it was in every major newpaper in America, as well as everymajor televised news broadcast at least breifly touched on it. If you don't believe me just google it

I did Google it when I found out that I got the answer wrong!!!

wiki.answers states it is 9!!!

According to Wikipedia: it was, until 2006 the solar system's ninth planet, until the IAU defined the term 'planet'

You answered yourself in your own reply. If wikipedia, (non- academic site) even states it was until 2006. Then a game that started after 2006, and uses the new definition of a planet then why are complaining you got it wrong? The question is accurate, as it stands, just because wiki.answers states it first at 9, then later as 8. You might want to not use that site then.
Pontszám: 6
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
388. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 14:19:06
Stekkos,

I was just being picky with the sunset question, but I disagree that with you about the primary color question not being confusing. If you are setting up a physics experiment to study how light mixes (Do people just not do this in school anymore?) you use red, green, and blue light to produce others. Yellow is a secondary color.

Maybe you are more familiar with mixing pigments in art class and recognize red, yellow, and blue as primaries. Yellow is a primary color.

This question has two correct answers, and it's not like one of them is any better than the other. A primary color doesn't beat a secondary color in a game of color poker...color football, maybe. I did answer the question wrong. It is confusing.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
389. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 14:33:49 (Válasz Lord Jomes #388 hozzászólására.)
If the question is confusing and causing players to answer wrong often it will hit the less-than-25% correct answers mark and will be deleted. If the admins thing you have a point then they might choose to correct it before that. But the bottom line is that i got it right, you got it wrong so between us 2 there is no way to decide if it is causing problem or not

So lets leave it at that and wait for the next time it pops (if it does ) up to see what it will say
hatedUnder LordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
390. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 20:58:48
There was a question on which planet is closest to the Sun. The correct answer is Mercury but the answer was Earth. WRONG
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
391. hozzászólás - 2010.02.07. 23:58:36
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.

anyone have information to confirm which is correct?
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
392. hozzászólás - 2010.02.08. 14:30:59
Someone asked the following question:

Who discovered the ruins of Troy?

The possible answers were:

a} Henrich Schliemann
b} Flinders Petrie
c} Howard Carter
d} Artur Evans

The author of the question stated that Henrich Schliemann had discovered the ruins. This is incorrect. Henrich excavated the ruins from 1870 until 1890. The correct answer to the question is not even part of the possible answers - Charles McLaren. He discovered the ruins in 1822.

Please correct this question / answer - Thank you.
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.02.08. 14:35:27-kor
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
393. hozzászólás - 2010.02.08. 16:39:02 (Válasz stekkos #389 hozzászólására.)
It's not too confusing, 86% of the players can answer is.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
394. hozzászólás - 2010.02.08. 18:01:24 (Válasz Under Lord #390 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Under Lord - 2010.02.07. 20:58:48
There was a question on which planet is closest to the Sun. The correct answer is Mercury but the answer was Earth. WRONG

I would agree with you. However, you must think laterally as well. Out of the four answers provided, Earth would be closer than the other three to the Sun. But I can see from your point of view that the question is badly written and the question should have been phrased: Which of the following four planets is closest to the Sun?,
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
395. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 12:25:23
When was the Hiryu sunk?
June 6th 1944
was moth balled
June 5th 1942
December 7th 1941

what does second answer mean??

isn't this in the "none of the above" category?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
unpopularforgrace
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
396. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 12:53:27
Where would you find hake?
In a drink bar
In the ocean
In a tool shed
In a car's engine

what answer?
Pontszám: 3
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
397. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 14:08:08
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.08. 14:30:59

a} Henrich Schliemann
b} Flinders Petrie
c} Howard Carter
d} Artur Evans

The author of the question stated that Henrich Schliemann had discovered the ruins. This is incorrect. Henrich excavated the ruins from 1870 until 1890. The correct answer to the question is not even part of the possible answers - Charles McLaren. He discovered the ruins in 1822.

To start Henrich is mispelled and is missing an i, should be Heinrich. Secondly, Schliemann is the correct answer, since McLaren is only credited with suggesting the site as the location, since it was Schliemann and another man who actually excavated the ruins proving McLaren's theory correct he is one that archaeology has creditied with the discovery.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
398. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 14:56:12 (Válasz Spin #397 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Spin - 2010.02.09. 14:08:08
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.08. 14:30:59

a} Henrich Schliemann
b} Flinders Petrie
c} Howard Carter
d} Artur Evans

To start Henrich is mispelled and is missing an i, should be Heinrich. Secondly, Schliemann is the correct answer, since McLaren is only credited with suggesting the site as the location, since it was Schliemann and another man who actually excavated the ruins proving McLaren's theory correct he is one that archaeology has creditied with the discovery.

Check your facts correctly. 1822 the ruins were discovered by McLaren and it wasn't until 1870 before the ruins were actually excavated.
Schliemann only excavated and did not discover the ruins, which the question is asking. For further info goto http://www.allaboutturkey.com/troy.htm
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.02.09. 21:01:08-kor
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Minor Error
399. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 20:15:46
From whom did Netherlands declare their independence from in 1568 sparking the start Eighty Years War?

This question is missing a couple minor words to make it correct.
Should read:
From whom did Netherlands declare their independence from in 1568 sparking the start of the Eighty Years War?
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
400. hozzászólás - 2010.02.09. 21:42:23
Just a technical issue on a question about Donald & Keifer Sutherland. The author stated in which country do they come from or something similar. Of the four options Canada and England were given, and the answer to the question is Canada. It is true that Donald Sutherland was born in Canada, however, Keifer and his twin sister, Rachel, were born on the 21 Dec 1966 in Saint Mary's Hospital Paddington London England. His parents divorced in 1972 when he was in Corona California and then in 1975 moved to Toronto. With this in mind the question/answer is totally wrong.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője