Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
521. hozzászólás - 2010.02.27. 16:14:59
I just noticed a general thing in quizzes that might need to be fixed. As we all know, Americans call football Soccer. And Americans have a sport called football. There is only one Soccer though, so if Soccer is used instead of football, then there would be far less ambiguity in these questions that use football in them.
Pontszám: 5
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
522. hozzászólás - 2010.02.27. 17:43:09
Evaluators: Despite being told that the longest river in the World is in Africa, the question still remains in the database with an answer stating that America has the longest river. Read below:

Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.10. 23:56:44
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.08. 00:58:36
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.08. 00:58:36

DELETE THIS QUESTION NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hatedMeesonFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
523. hozzászólás - 2010.02.27. 22:19:03
hi just had a question whisc was the first coloured film answer was cupid angling however i have looked this up and there was a coloured film made in 1908 called a vist to the seaside however it is the first full length movie
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
524. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:06:25
Could we modify this question:
Which player scored the highest number of points in the history of the NBA?

To say something like: Which player scored the highest point total in his career in the history of the NBA?

Most stats list per game totals and the highest game total is a choice that makes it confusing.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
525. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:16:24
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2010.02.28. 07:22:34-kor
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
526. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:44:39
How high is K-2?
7511m
8611m
8211m
8848m

What the XXX is K-2? And why should we know that? Or should I learn all the damn hills and mountains heights all over the world? Great! Delete please!

William Blake wrote a poem about an animal. Which?
Lion
Horse
Tiger
Cat

And who would be this gentlemen? His work wasnt taught in the school. In an international game,maybe no place for every nations every poet or writer! Stick to the greatests,who are known worldwide! Delete please!

How many wives is a man from Tunisia entitled to have?

A man from Tunisia(or from any other country) entitled to have as many wifes he can support. Only one thing is needed: he must emigrate to any Muslim state of the world! The question must be clarified. Not "a man from Tunisia",but A MAN IN TUNISIA!

And now I asking the help of the admin! During my quiz olipics, I encountered a question about the wavelenght of a few colours. If I remember correctly, the question was which holor has the shortest wavelenght. I had not much time to think,but I saw the ultraviolet between the answers,so I picked it, but i got the following: blue has the shortest. Is there any chance to check this for me? Thanks for advance!
Pontszám: 4
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
527. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:53:41 (Válasz Boar #526 hozzászólására.)
Ok Boar, here we go :

K-2 is the second highest peak in the world after the everest. So it is quite good trivia

William Blake is a quite well known poet internationally, look it up. Personally i havent heard of him either but i am not into poetry at all so that doesnt mean he is too special as a question. Plus i found the answer by google quite easy

You are 100% correct about the Tunisia question, should be better with your suggested change

Ultraviolet has the shortest wavelength from all the answers in that question but the question was asking which VISIBLE light has the shortest. Since UV is not visible, blue was the correct answer

Hope i helped
averageLord_AidenFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
528. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 10:32:22
Just got following question in olympics: (will not be reproduced word-by-word(dont remember), but point will remain)

Which of the folowin is NOT true for dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)? (=water)
a) excelent electric conductor
b) inhaling even small quantity can cause instant death
c) at least 9 of 10 murderers use it at least once 24h prior to murder
d) component of acid rain

i chose b and it was incorect, result said a is correct.
well I suggest questions author should put hair dryer to his bathtub while I will be inhaling DHMO from natural air humidity
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
529. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 13:53:17
This is probably just being nit-picky, but I just got a question that asked how many stars are on the flag of the Philippines. The flag has 3 stars and 1 sun on it, but most people should know that a sun us also a star. Thankfully there was no answer for 4, as I might have tried that as my answer, and the only logical acceptable answer was then 3, but it still threw me off a little bit.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
530. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 23:04:26 (Válasz Lord_Aiden #528 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lord_Aiden - 2010.02.28. 10:32:22
Just got following question in olympics: (will not be reproduced word-by-word(dont remember), but point will remain)

Which of the folowin is NOT true for dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)? (=water)
a) excelent electric conductor
b) inhaling even small quantity can cause instant death
c) at least 9 of 10 murderers use it at least once 24h prior to murder
d) component of acid rain

i chose b and it was incorect, result said a is correct.
well I suggest questions author should put hair dryer to his bathtub while I will be inhaling DHMO from natural air humidity

I would say all 4 of the possible answers are true, but a and b are not absolutes, pure water is not an excellent electric conductor, but as soon as you add even small quantities of salt it is a quite good electrical conductor, and what is "small quantity"? and drowning is by no means instant.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
531. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 05:54:11 (Válasz MartinBV #530 hozzászólására.)
The author said that inhaling CAN cause, not WILL cause instant death so he left the possibility of not happening in certain cases. As for the rest of the answers, they are all reasonable. As for the electrical contuctor thing, water is an insulator, its the things dissolved in it that make it contuctive. So although it seems a good contuctor, pure water is exactly the opposite.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
532. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 05:55:39 (Válasz nerdears #529 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: nerdears - 2010.02.28. 13:53:17
This is probably just being nit-picky, but I just got a question that asked how many stars are on the flag of the Philippines. The flag has 3 stars and 1 sun on it, but most people should know that a sun us also a star. Thankfully there was no answer for 4, as I might have tried that as my answer, and the only logical acceptable answer was then 3, but it still threw me off a little bit.

And the light of the moon is actually reflected from the sun so moonlight is actually sunlight so vampires should die at full moon and werewolves shapeshift at mid day

Got my point?
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.01. 05:57:26-kor
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
533. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 07:00:01 (Válasz stekkos #527 hozzászólására.)
Look, Stekkos! I answered all the questions correctly with the help of google, but this game is not supposed to be a "google handler" competition.
Not every player has the sufficient knowledge for these questions. The mountains,the poets they can difficult, especially for those,who maybe left school years ago and gives a XXX for geography and even poetry of foreign countries(large percent of the humankind!).Or for those who are at younger age. So the problem is the existence of these kind of questions. Lets just say: NOT A COMMON KNOWLEDGE. (Maybe in your country it is, but not around the world!)
If everyíone starts to ask questions about their home,we can dig deeper and deeper into the browsers to get only 1 good answer! This server is international,I say let the questions standard be international also!
Or you can tell me who wrote the Hymn of the South African Republic(and of course when did this happened) , or how high is exactly the 2. highest peak in Russia? Of course all of these without a browser! I don't think so...
Oh,and what about the lights? You wrote that question? The ultraviolet is also a visible light for certain lifeforms, isn't it?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
534. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 07:38:30 (Válasz Boar #533 hozzászólására.)
Starting with the light, i thing limiting the questions to human abilities is the fair thing to do (no i didnt write it but i got it in the quiz too)

You are right that is not a google handler but i mentioned it as an extra plus to the question. Any question that i can easily find the answer through google, like the william blake one, i consider to be at least fair IF it deals with a general subject. Ofcourse we are not going to start answering questions about details in each country but the second highest peak in the world is hardly detail! And as i have learned a ton of things from answering questions that i didnt know, so will all the players benefit from questions that are not known to them or the area they leave even, but are hardly specific details or too local.

Keep giving examples of questions you thing are unfair for the admins to consider, i guess they welcome that but about the ones you mentioned, there is no issue as far as i can see.
averageSavanurFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
535. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 12:27:05
In my opinion this is a terrible question:

2) What is the aroma of the alcohol?
a) bouquet
b) body
c) tannin
d) sweetness

What is "the alcohol"? I had three questions rejected for various reasons like ambiguity, how did this on make it! Alcohol is used in many things and they have various aromas! Can someone explaine this question to me?
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
536. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 13:22:00
Just got this question:

What's the simplest gem in chemical composition ?
Diamond
Rudy
Emerald
Sapphire

Rudy is not a gem, Ruby is!
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
537. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 13:50:56
Which of these mythological creatures appears also in the Bible?
Phoenix
Gorgon
Unicorn
Dragon <--- marked as correct answer

I went and googled this, because I'm not much of a bible person, and I found references to both Unicorn's and Dragons within the bible.

"Psalm 91:11 "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under foot".

Jeremiah 51:37 - "And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons, an astonishment and an hissing without an in habitant".

"Psalms 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil."

"Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

There are more, but, I figured I didn't want to make y'all read the whole freaking bible!

I think this question should be taken out, due to this.

I just ran across this question:

According to United Nations estimates, what is the most populous urban area in Western Europe?
Madrid
Paris <-- marked as correct
Rome
Berlin

I'm not very good at googlefu I had a lot of problems finding the answer, as tons of stuff kept coming up about Ancient Rome and such (I chose Rome ). Anyways, that's not really your problem, but, there's no date specified in the question, so, this answer is more than likely going to change sooner or later. I think it should be deleted from the system.

Thanks,
Jazaray
A hozzászólást Jazaray módosította 2010.03.01. 14:08:19-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
538. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 17:05:24 (Válasz Jazaray #537 hozzászólására.)
I posted the bible question and although you have a point that some translations interpret those scriptures as unicorn, further reasearch revealed that the original hebrew word mentioned there was actually horn of wild bull, a fierce extinct type of bull well known to hebrews of that time, in contrast with the unicorn which was part of greek mythology and not so well known at that time to israel
much likedMobiusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
539. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 17:22:13
There is a question that ask how many days does it take for the moon to make 1 full cycle. They say the answer is 28 but that is incorrect.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_does_it_take_the_moon_to_complete_its_cycle
The moon revolves around its axis and orbits Earth in exactly same time of about 29.5 days, relative to the Sun. This causes the moon to be constantly facing Earth with the same face. The moon's face is however lit by the sun at different angles as the moon orbits Earth, and this presents to observers the different phases of the cycle. The more precise mean (average) interval between full moons is 29.530589 days (29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 02.9 seconds).
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
540. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 20:42:16
Peter have 10 burnt-out ancient stones, how many burnt-out ancient stones will he have after purchasing ancient stones for 2 euro?
10 - 30 depending on luck
20 plus 10% chance to win 100 more
none

???

no comment needed...

Edit::: the other half of the question is not visible in this font!!!

Edit: I answered none and it was correct (but e should have 30, right??). And btw, it's Peter "has", not have...
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.01. 20:49:16-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője