Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Johannes Buckbeak

Oldal: 123456
Dátum: 2012.10.30. 16:44:21
Sorry, there is no envelope. Also I went "into" the help page and there is no message there, and I checked my normal messages, and there is nothing there either.
Dátum: 2012.10.30. 13:16:34
I did this and they seem to have fixed it - certainly this challenge is now showing as 100% complete suddenly, which is good news. Though I would have expected to get some communication back to say "yes, we've fixed it".
Dátum: 2012.10.29. 15:34:50
Me too - I only saw the advice to contact customer service int he other thread, after I had posted here.
Dátum: 2012.10.29. 13:55:08
I had the same problem. I do not have the "Consecutive Login" item in my current temple, but I do have "Check Toplist". Just before midnight last night I had done the toplist four times out of five. After midnight I went and checked it and went back to the Temple, expecting to see that task complete - instead it said I had only done it one time. World 1, by the way.
Dátum: 2012.10.21. 10:15:29
"Where is the Trinity University?"

The answer given as correct is Dublin. This is incorrect - the name is "Trinity College Dublin", part of the University of Dublin. It is never called Trinity University - that would be like talking about Kings University Cambridge. And I know because my father went there. I assumed it was a trick question. Correct it to "Where is Trinity College?"
Dátum: 2012.10.12. 13:17:36
Looks good - I'm looking forward to this.
Dátum: 2012.10.09. 21:04:13
It's very much a slang or joke name - because a chamber pot "goes under" the bed - or at least it did, fifty years ago. I have to say that I think this is a bit of a weak question, not because of the "wee" but because it is such a particular bit of slang, and because it is so hard to Google - you get all sort of hits on other things. And you can't say it is "spelled right" because it's not a proper word.

However, having said that, "Bad, incorrect question" is an awful way to give feedback. Apart from anything else, it is illiterate - what is an incorrect question? You can have an incorrect answer, but an incorrect question is meaningless. Worse, this response leaves the person setting the question with no idea what was wrong with it.

I must say that the whole question assessment process is by far the worst thing in this game. It amazes me that the developers put so much effort into getting other things right, but the quiz system - which is probably the one unique part of Doomlord - is left unfixed. I have almost given up creating questions because of the rage I feel when some perfectly good question is rejected for no good reason. When you ask why, half the time all you get is guesses from people on the forum. There also seems to be a dismal lack of understanding by some of the quiz assessors about what an "odd one out" question is. I would suggest that we need a completely revised set of feedback messages and - most importantly - a one line free text message so the assessor can say exactly what they didn't like.
Dátum: 2012.10.04. 16:44:06
"Which of these countries borders with Croatia?" One of the answers given is Denkmark.

"borders with" is not English - it should say "shares a border with". And Denkmark should be Denmark.
Dátum: 2012.09.15. 21:14:11
Idézet: Johannes Buckbeak - 2012.08.31. 11:54:49
I have the AA ability Curse of the Scarab. It seems to work fine, protects most of my SE when I drag someone with a Scarab to the chamber, no complaints about that. But - I still get the message that says "Your opponent stole all of your SE" - or words to that effect. This isn't true - he has only stolen a small part of it. It gave me a moment's panic the first time I saw it, now it's just annoying.

Well you have nearly fixed this It now says "he has stolen part of your sould energy"
Dátum: 2012.09.14. 15:05:52
A new question asks "What was the nickname given to the B-29 bomber in WW2?" Correct answer is given as "Flying Fortress"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. The Flying Fortress was the B-17, the B-29 was the Superfortress - which is not even in the list of possible answers . How on earth did this one get passed? Even if you have never heard of the B-17, one of the most famous warplanes in US history, one click on Google would have given you the correct answer.
Dátum: 2012.08.31. 11:54:49
I have the AA ability Curse of the Scarab. It seems to work fine, protects most of my SE when I drag someone with a Scarab to the chamber, no complaints about that. But - I still get the message that says "Your opponent stole all of your SE" - or words to that effect. This isn't true - he has only stolen a small part of it. It gave me a moment's panic the first time I saw it, now it's just annoying.
Dátum: 2012.08.20. 12:19:28
Yes, I didn't like this one - my other concern is that each mission had two people who walked on the moon, so it's actually been done twelve times, not six.
Dátum: 2012.08.20. 10:53:32
"What unusual musical instrument uses the rock formation ArcAttack?"

Should read "Which unusual musical instrument is used by the group ArcAttack?"

You could say "the rock group ArcAttack" but there's some doubt about whether that's what they are, or if they are a performance art group, so I would leave the word rock out.
Dátum: 2012.08.13. 19:16:20
Lol - thanks, Dodo, I was about to ask the same - especially as you are ranked 14th at this and I am only 28th I am really struggling to figure it out - it seems to be roughly correlated with time in the game (Demo and Sorcha are at the top) but not very strongly. And less than 200 people have scored anything at all on this. I've thought of all sorts of things but none of them quite work - it's probably something very obvious in fact.
Dátum: 2012.08.13. 19:08:42
Sorry I didn't copy the question because I didn't realise it would be a problem. But it was something like "What colour do you get if you add together all the colours of the rainbow?". The answer marked correct was Black, White was marked wrong. This is a classic error, confusing additive and subtractive colour mixing. If you mix up paints of all colours you do indeed get black. But if you mix up light of all colours (as in a rainbow) then you get white. So if any answer is going to be marked correct, given the wording, it ought to be white. But in practice as written the question is genuinely ambiguous - you could very well argue that if you take pigments of red, orange etc and add them together you get black. So this question needs to be retired or rewritten.
Dátum: 2012.08.11. 16:15:00
"Which of the following is not another name for Halloween?"

The answer "All Saints Day" was marked wrong, meaning that this is the same as Halloween. But it's not - Halloween is the night before All Saints Day, that's what the name means (It is a contraction of All Hallows Eve). Saying they are the same is like saying Christmas Eve is the same as Christmas Day.
Dátum: 2012.08.11. 07:47:36
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2012.08.10. 23:06:08

Not so easy for weaker players.

Possibly true. But is that a bad thing? Are you saying that the event should be easy for weaker players? That is wrong as far as I am concerned - why not just give everyone a free prize and save us all a lot of trouble? The point about the events is that it ought to be hard to win the top prize, or come top of the leader board. Otherwise there's no sense of achievement, no challenge. That's why I was disappointed, personally, about the change in the end date - what's the point of a challenge where everyone wins automatically, and you delay the end until everyone has crossed the finishing line?
Dátum: 2012.08.07. 10:21:52
Just to say on an initial view that the new format looks very good. I'm going to save my self a lot of scrolling for sure.
Dátum: 2012.07.11. 14:36:13
"Who invented the dynamite?"

Remove "the".
Dátum: 2012.07.10. 11:01:51
"How many major components contain ring system around Saturn?"

I assume this is trying to ask "How many major components are there in the ring system around Saturn?"
Oldal: 123456