Szerző
Topic neve: War of the Hucksters
everyone's favoriteStorm Firebane
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: War of the Hucksters
161. hozzászólás - 2012.08.08. 11:15:56
well, those who are specilizing into being a dueller, should have enough targets to get to 400 at least with alll added crystal targets.

(being a dueller is also about the skills to attack quickly the same target again)
with only 8 players in my duel list, i have made 1k kills sofar, if non duelling specced players cannot find enough 'easy' targets, well, i do not think prolonging the event for that is necessary nor beneficial for the game.

the biggest problem is that the clones are again in the same horde as the one being cloned, this was that way last time, and now again (at least on W3) if this would be changed, then everyone would have enough targets, if ye are in the bigger hucksters army, ye would have relativly more clones, but at least enough targets.

getting a max relic out of each event is not some mandatory thing, and if ye have not enough targets at start, why did ye not change huckster then?
Pontszám: 5
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
162. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 11:52:36 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #159 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2012.08.08. 09:43:27
... and once again 3weeks has been changed into 4weeks ?
E.

This is very irritating, i had planned my strategy with the published finish date in mind.
Starting to become a joke when published finishing times are consistently changed at short notice without the developers even bothering to tell the paying customer what is happening.

Does this mean that in future events i can ask for the deadline to put back if i haven't done enough to qualify?

Makes a mockery of publishing a schedule when it is subject to change at the developers whim. I had bought ancient stones and boosted equipment etc for this event. Probably the last time i will spend money on this site, knowing that the rules will change on a whim.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
163. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 13:24:29
We did not want to cause any harm to anyone, just wanted to help based on player feedback. Please explain what disadvantage you get from the event extended by 1 week and will try to help you.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
164. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 22:35:02
I suppose that i am just used to working to a deadline, and believe that in a customer driven business some form of communication is imperative if changes are made to publicized schedules. In my job the customers would be up in arms if i changed a schedule at short notice without informing them.
everyone's favoriteStorm Firebane
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
165. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 23:12:39
3 weeks is more than enough for anyone who is capable of consistently winning 50% of his/ her duels to get the 400 victories needed.
(21 days x 25 dp a day (yes, you can attack lower levels then) = 1025 DP if you did not even save up 1 point up front.

If you are not able to do this, are you feeling worthy of a golden reward then?

and lets be clear, if ye are not winning this ammount, be glad you have not lost any SE to duellers for 3 whole weeks, whoaa, everyone is a winner with this event, lets prolong it to the whole year long.

prolonging an event due to whining players is plain wrong and makes the game a lot less fun to play for me, I aint whining on a map event when i rather not hunt up all AP to get map pieces so its possible for me to get pieces in duels.

to be frank, next event that gets prolonged because of ppl not being able to meet the quota is also the last one for me, its reason enough to quit, an event should be a challenge, not free cookies for everyone, so I feel cheated by prolonging it miklos, there is no sense of accomplishment left like this (and 400 victories was a low goal to start with).
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
166. hozzászólás - 2012.08.10. 08:23:01 (Válasz Miklos #163 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.08.09. 13:24:29
We just wanted to help based on player feedback.

I havent seen one message in the forums where people are complaining about there not being enough time, And do tend to agree with Firebanes points
Are we going to simply let the length of each event be dictated by the (weaker) players? Im all for consulting paying customers in advance of events, but the developers should have the knowledge and experience to set the right parameters for events.
I feel that it makes a mockery of the Published schedules and lacks respect for players, when no explanation or announcement is made, and to my view is unprofessional.
I run poker tournaments, and it would be unfeasible for me to extend a tournament rebuy period with no notice simply because the losing players requested it.
everyone's favoriteAxe L
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
167. hozzászólás - 2012.08.10. 11:55:20
My point is that any event should go for 15-20 days and not more - otherwise event itself loses its originality and turns into routine.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
168. hozzászólás - 2012.08.10. 19:12:08 (Válasz Miklos #163 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.08.09. 13:24:29
Please explain what disadvantage you get from the event extended by 1 week and will try to help you.

There is no major disadvantage, but many minor irritations. when the event was due to finish i had left myself comfortably in 9th place on the potion leaderboard................now have to invest more time and se to make sure that is still true.
Had run my dp's down to practically nothing the day b4, and hadn't been boosting my shape reality to max because i thought i had the right amount of dp's till the end, but now need to restock, had also filled up a memory box, so now left with min ap's and if i had known there was another week i would have allotted skill points slightly differently...........................so nothing major no, but a few unnecessary irritations that would easily have been avoided if there had been some sort of announcement.
A hozzászólást Dancer módosította 2012.08.10. 19:15:27-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
169. hozzászólás - 2012.08.10. 23:06:08 (Válasz Storm Firebane #165 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Storm Firebane - 2012.08.09. 23:12:39

(21 days x 25 dp a day (yes, you can attack lower levels then) = 1025 DP if you did not even save up 1 point up front.

21x25 = 525
400/525 = 76.2%
Not so easy for weaker players.

I personally prefer a longer event because I am EH and the event remunerates my APs much better. But I don't like the change after the event is running. If the idea is to have it running for 28 days, it should be so from the start.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2012.08.10. 23:09:00-kor
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
170. hozzászólás - 2012.08.11. 04:14:02
I think most people do not see what the real problem for people not having enough targets. When people started the event, they changed to the huckster they thought was going to win. When that happened it overloaded one of the hucksters and limited the amount of targets from the rest of the hucksters. I think the event should be only 3 weeks, and you have to strategize to make sure you get your 300, 350, or 375 wins. Remember you do not have to get 400 wins unless you choose the last place huckster. I planned out to get as many event points as I would need to finish the event and switched to EH to maximize SE. Well now I have an extra week that I did not plan for, and an event that once again was changed in the middle of the event.
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
171. hozzászólás - 2012.08.11. 06:59:08
Interesting.

Within 5 days, it was obvious which team would win in W3 (not mine) but I had also decided to go for the two top ten lists. I had around 300 DPs at the start and went hell for leather for the first week and have maintained a top ten possie in both lists, albeit even with the extra week, which did sneak up on me... IE I read the change after 18 days when I was thinking how best to maintain position.

Yes, the extra week is a proverbial pain, but it should also help me with a couple of new ToD quests. As a DD player, I need all the XP I can get LOL, especially when I am required to gain over 4K XP in a day *shudder*... Anyone else getting my drift?

Okay, to unmuddy the waters: The extension has good and bad sides, but the MAIN THING that really gets up my Snout is the LACK OF ADVICE about the extension. Unless some birdbrain did the change without any consultation within the organisation, EXPLAIN IT!! An all player message, a note on the Huckster Duel page, SOMETHING!!!

*crawling back into cold cave..... who'd think it could be 5C on the coast of Australia*
The ONLY Wombat on W3
very popularJohannes Buckbeak
Végzetúr poronty
105 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
172. hozzászólás - 2012.08.11. 07:47:36 (Válasz Cruel01 #169 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2012.08.10. 23:06:08

Not so easy for weaker players.

Possibly true. But is that a bad thing? Are you saying that the event should be easy for weaker players? That is wrong as far as I am concerned - why not just give everyone a free prize and save us all a lot of trouble? The point about the events is that it ought to be hard to win the top prize, or come top of the leader board. Otherwise there's no sense of achievement, no challenge. That's why I was disappointed, personally, about the change in the end date - what's the point of a challenge where everyone wins automatically, and you delay the end until everyone has crossed the finishing line?
irritatingGladoomFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
37 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
173. hozzászólás - 2012.08.11. 13:36:47
Gladoom W2 level 37.

I am up against only 3 players and two crystal horde members in the huckster duel list which are extremely powerful. For me it is not possible even to get 100 victories considering my level and skills there is no way i could win a medal.
All the factors need to be considered, if not low level character such as me will never get anything out of this event.
A hozzászólást Gladoom módosította 2012.08.11. 13:37:17-kor
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
174. hozzászólás - 2012.08.12. 18:55:41 (Válasz Furlozza #171 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Furlozza - 2012.08.11. 06:59:08
Interesting.

Okay, to unmuddy the waters: The extension has good and bad sides, but the MAIN THING that really gets up my Snout is the LACK OF ADVICE about the extension. Unless some birdbrain did the change without any consultation within the organisation, EXPLAIN IT!! An all player message, a note on the Huckster Duel page, SOMETHING!!!

I agree totally.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
175. hozzászólás - 2012.08.16. 10:37:01
Even now the news page is announcing that the war is over, even though the official finishing time is 14.00. And sure enough when i log in the war is still ongoing.
This might not mean a lot to most people, but considering that ive had to drink 15 potions in the last couple of hours to stay in the top list it becomes quite important to know the exact finishing time.
averageAlexorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
176. hozzászólás - 2013.09.03. 15:56:28
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130903/kuf_r_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Thus, it will be difficult to win the 400

Could double the clones?
Unfortunately, the plasma is limited to this, because there are no longer small clones
W1-Alexor
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
177. hozzászólás - 2013.09.04. 11:07:18
We installed new non-player characters to every level of the event, so you can find more opponent now.
averageAlexorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
178. hozzászólás - 2013.09.04. 11:37:53 (Válasz Hatsepsut #177 hozzászólására.)
Thanks a lot and thanks are properly installed good number of destinations: D
W1-Alexor
very populardeadstar
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
179. hozzászólás - 2013.09.08. 08:51:23
It would be nice to have a list of players that are fighting for each huckster. If (s)he is not in the duel list, you cannot even know if a character is in the event or not.
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
180. hozzászólás - 2013.09.09. 06:01:45 (Válasz deadstar #179 hozzászólására.)
Hi deadstar,

if I have it right; than you can see that right away.
If you go to the "normal" Duel/challenge screen; than you'll see the "left over". As far as I can see; these are indeed non-participating players... .

Regards,
E.
Oldal: 12345678910
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője