Szerző
Topic neve: Imprisoning Landragor
averageEl NiñoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Imprisoning Landragor
141. hozzászólás - 2011.09.27. 16:14:17
When will the hucksters get the Landragor boots? I'm lvl16, and I'd like to change my auction ticket for a boot
since 3rd May, 2009...
Pontszám: 5
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
142. hozzászólás - 2011.09.27. 21:59:01 (Válasz Miklos #140 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.09.27. 10:24:31
I hope you find this a satisfactory solution.

Far from it.
Ducats are a very valuable currency.
I am not willing to spend them on something that people got for free.

As per eukar's comments, all events are repeatable to give everyone a chance to get the same items/benefits. You will have the chance to play in the next Huckster event and get the rewards you missed in the first time. This is true for all items, except for the Orb of Duel, which was given for free to some people and will NEVER be given again.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.09.27. 22:01:43-kor
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
143. hozzászólás - 2011.09.28. 11:38:56 (Válasz Cruel01 #142 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.09.27. 21:59:01

As per eukar's comments, all events are repeatable to give everyone a chance to get the same items/benefits. You will have the chance to play in the next Huckster event and get the rewards you missed in the first time. This is true for all items, except for the Orb of Duel, which was given for free to some people and will NEVER be given again.

Cruel.

Except that events are not repeatable, and cannot be. If they were the game would become "static", since it would be just repetition of previous events (with the flaws found in them). Events have to evolve all the time, both in the story behind them and how they work (unless someone finds the magic formula that makes everyone happy with how the event plays out).

The big problem is Permanent Relics in an open-ended game. This is becoming a big problem in Doomlord, since people who were around and participated in Events become stronger than people who weren't (or didn't).
One way to solve this is the time-limited Relics (like the Auction ticket from Landragor and the rewards from the Xeno-war Event).
Another solution is to have different Events, but let the rewards be the same. But then the reward has to be actually the same item, and if the list of rewards is expanded it should be expanded for all Events giving the same Reward (not like how the Huckster war gives more different rewards than The Map Event).

tl;dr
Events are important for the game, but the Rewards from them needs to be planned long in advance so they don't imbalance the game.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.09.28. 11:39:21-kor
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
144. hozzászólás - 2011.09.28. 14:03:58
I have another thought - this event allowed players to find the original 3 relics (sort of) from the first event plue 3 new relics. Why not allow players to find all six even if they already own the original 3? Don't cry "UNFAIR!" yet!

Just don't make the bonus from the Relic stackable - i.e. only one counts. Then add another option in the auction house to allow the "extra" relics to be auctioned for ducats?

I know that will probably be a lot of work - i.e. extra development for the auction and you need to track who found the relic and auctioned it off so they can't just keep finding it and auctioning it off during the event but this will allow you to "repeat" the events with same relics and both new and old players have a reason to participate and try to get the relics.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
145. hozzászólás - 2011.09.29. 09:17:37 (Válasz Cruel01 #142 hozzászólására.)
Well, if a new player could find and get everything instantly and for free what others worked hard and accumulated for 1-2 years, then what would be the point in building and developing your character? If everyone could get every artifact and relic easily and without effort, how could we call them artifacts and relics? Items of the heroic ages are indeed rare and hard to find nowadays - does it sound familiar? That's the basic concept of every fantasy game...
Pontszám: 7.50
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
146. hozzászólás - 2011.09.29. 13:31:18 (Válasz TheLion #144 hozzászólására.)
Wouldn't it be unfair a bit? Those who already had the 3 older one would be given free bonus Ducats by allowing them to sell the artifacts. While others can only obtain ucats if they sacrifice resources.

The not permanent relics serve good I think. Giving advantages, but with a limited usage. If every landragor would have new not perma relics plus a chance to find the old perma ones, I'd be fine with that.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averagediabolik_023Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
13 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
147. hozzászólás - 2013.12.15. 18:47:07
how do you Charge 810.1k SE ????

my stats : Used SE: 17.388 | Effective charge: 20.700 -- and i use ALL AP every day since the event started. i know the premium account helps but, 810000 SE isn;t it a bit much ?
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
148. hozzászólás - 2013.12.15. 19:02:31 (Válasz diabolik_023 #147 hozzászólására.)
Some people save quite a lot of SE before the event starts.

Cruel.
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
149. hozzászólás - 2013.12.15. 21:01:16 (Válasz diabolik_023 #147 hozzászólására.)
Used AP is what really matters, don't worry.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
150. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 08:41:56 (Válasz Tallia #149 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Tallia - 2013.12.15. 21:01:16
Used AP is what really matters, don't worry.

Not really true. The SE used on abilities for the final reward is (more or less):
(Used SE)+(Avergae SE gained per Hunt)*2-(SE gained from Landragor Fights)=(Final SE pool)

This pool of SE is then used on Abilities (with all Abilities counted as Specialized and all Spec gear equipped, and Ultraspec mindboosted and essence used).

So both SE used and AP used matters.
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
151. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 14:34:48 (Válasz Sbart #150 hozzászólására.)
True, but not entirely.
Overcharged SE gets very little bonus at the end (couple of percents only, 3-5% maybe).
So what really matters is the effective charge, and the AP you spent.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
152. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 16:14:32 (Válasz Tallia #151 hozzászólására.)
"Overcharged SE" gain no bonus at the end, but you "gain it all back" in the form of Abilities.
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
153. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 16:55:36 (Válasz Sbart #152 hozzászólására.)
Yes, that's why i wrote: "true but not entirely", according the hungarian forum overcharged SE get some bonus, but this is not confirmed officialy.
averagediabolik_023Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
13 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
154. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 17:02:36
soooo , i should charge the minimum amount of SE and use as much AP as possible and NOT charge 30k SE with every 2 AP used (in theory) ?
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
155. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 18:56:26
i understand that our rewards are calculated as if all our stats are being specialized and mindboosted and we are wearing our specialized ring. is there an advantage to activating the shard of loyalty +3 ultraspecialization bonus for the rewards calculation?
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
156. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 19:05:23 (Válasz diabolik_023 #154 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: diabolik_023 - 2013.12.16. 17:02:36
soooo , i should charge the minimum amount of SE and use as much AP as possible and NOT charge 30k SE with every 2 AP used (in theory) ?

Yes.

Manunkind: if i'm correct, that will be calculated without use
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
157. hozzászólás - 2013.12.16. 21:57:07
The +3 to ultraspec is considered automatically.

Cruel.

Idézet: Miklos - 2013.05.08. 10:35:45
Landragor event launches on 9th of May
We are launching the Landragor event as planned. During this event, players have to re-imprison the rampaging evil dragon, Landragor. To participate in the event, simply click on the dragon icon next to your portrait.
Whenever you defeat a dracon, you get soul energy, and might get other prizes, even some rare artifacts.
Also, at the end of the event, you will get reward depending on the number of dracons you killed and the charging you did to the pylons. The reward is mostly SE, which will be spent on improving your abilities equally. We improve each ability like you have specialization active, all your specialization items equipped (relics, etc). We also give a +3 ultraspecialization bonus, as you used 10 loyalty shards.
New addition: from the 2nd day, you can view the reward you shall get (only from previous day, not the actual day).
Fights with dracons will count as hunts for Tasks.
You do not have to use your saved epic treasure chests before the third phase to find another. Each player can find one chest in 3rd phase if killing enough dracons.
You can find subplasma during the fights if you have detector, but you will not use archgems.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
158. hozzászólás - 2013.12.17. 03:21:23
ah, thanks Cruel!
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
159. hozzászólás - 2013.12.17. 03:37:39
it's a little late for this time, but Miklos mentioned mindboosting spectral manipulation during landragor fights will increase our SE. does mindboosting trapping increase our SE as well?
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
160. hozzászólás - 2013.12.17. 08:19:46 (Válasz manunkind #159 hozzászólására.)
Hi Manu,

mindboosting "trapping" does not boost your SE income; it boost the frequency of trapping / catching pets.
E.

ps. Therefore it's advisable to max out Trapping (without mindboost).
A hozzászólást Bartessica Slam módosította 2013.12.17. 08:20:41-kor
Oldal: 123456789
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője