Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question (CG)
481. hozzászólás - 2011.01.10. 16:10:05 (Válasz Manannan Mac Lir #480 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2011.01.10. 14:36:04
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.01.02. 15:35:24
‘Faith’, ‘Hope’ and ‘Charity’ were icons of the World War 2 defence of Malta. What were they?

Sorry, I thought I copied the answers too. The correct answer really did have a spelling error.

and only 18% of people are getting it right.... I am supprised

I'm Maltese, and I honestly never heard of these before googling it.
Pontszám: 5
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Why did i reject a question (CG)
482. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 06:27:46
What U.S. state is said to have as many cows as people?

I could not find a factual (non-user submitted) site to back this up, but I did find US agriculture reports listing several other states that this is true.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
483. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 06:32:10
Which singers name have to a wrestler?

Am I missing something? I could not understand what is being asked.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
484. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 06:42:03
Theoretically, what is the minimum number of strokes a player needs to make to win a set at tennis?

In a quick search, I found two ways to answer this question and neither one of them was a choice in the answers.
Option 1) 4 shots to win a game, and there are 6 games in a set, so the answer is 24
Option 2) both players could in theory double fault every game to get to a tie break. Both players would than continue to double fault until 5-6. Than the person who serves first would be 5-6 down. The other person would than have to get an ace or service winner to win the set with only one shot going in.
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2011.01.12. 06:42:33-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
485. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 07:50:32 (Válasz Viridel #475 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.09. 20:24:39
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.01.09. 14:30:06
Problem with math Viridel is the infinite ways a player can keep posting the same type "grey" questions and we would have to accept them if we accepted the previous. Is like the None of the above answer. Both are rejected for the simple reason of flooding the quiz with the same question written in 1000 ways.

However, you have allowed an infinite number of "who wrote", "who painted" and "what's the capital"

I stand by my comment. You've put quantity restrictions on the above three, so allow *some* math to come in, then start tagging with "already in the database" if it starts getting too repetitive.

The difference with the other type of questions is that they offer a nice trivia, for someone who does care, to learn. Math has been allowed when following the same princible, like pi questions, asking the circumferance of circle, various math series or even a question asking (example): 34x544x22x0x555x544=?

That one is allowed since it is actually a trick and is a nice one as such. But questions asking plainly for the player to grab a calculator and find the result offer nothing more than exersising your math solving skills or your calculator speed. Not quite a trivia quiz subject.
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
486. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:31:34 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #484 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.01.12. 06:42:03
Theoretically, what is the minimum number of strokes a player needs to make to win a set at tennis?

In a quick search, I found two ways to answer this question and neither one of them was a choice in the answers.
Option 1) 4 shots to win a game, and there are 6 games in a set, so the answer is 24
Option 2) both players could in theory double fault every game to get to a tie break. Both players would than continue to double fault until 5-6. Than the person who serves first would be 5-6 down. The other person would than have to get an ace or service winner to win the set with only one shot going in.

Option 3. 12

The player who wins Aces all his serves and the Player that loses Double faults all his - however - does a double fault still count as a stroke even if it is a false stroke?

This in this case the answer would be 36 - where as if they served 'out' the answer would be 24....
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
487. hozzászólás - 2011.01.14. 20:09:40
Who was Jeffrey Dahmer?

Marked misspeling, this is actually to save you the question. The material coming up when you search this name is not something that can be accepted.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
488. hozzászólás - 2011.01.14. 20:12:14
What interesting fact did astronomers recently discover?

Recently is very vague, also even with a date this question will still be quite vague. Make it more to the point please
irritatingHarleyharrFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
489. hozzászólás - 2011.01.14. 20:27:45
Here is the latest in my ongoing battle to get one, just ONE, question past the quiz nazi's. Do you see anything wrong here???

Who was Jeffrey Dahmer?

a character on the TV series Seinfeld
a serial killer
a football player
a Hungarian Poet

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

I have seen many, repeat MANY, questions with blatant spelling mistakes. Perhaps the question evaluators don't know how to spell themselves??

Hey I see he answered my question before I asked it. To late, I resubmitted it. I guess I'll have to ask some really bizarre question about a water polo player or something.

Did you actually try to Google Jeffrey Dahmer? You know he ate people here in town , about 22 of them, said they tasted like chicken! He was trying to create his own sex zombies.
A hozzászólást Harleyharr módosította 2011.01.14. 20:37:26-kor
Pontszám: 3
irritatingHarleyharrFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
490. hozzászólás - 2011.01.14. 20:39:30 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #482 hozzászólására.)
"What U.S. state is said to have as many cows as people?

I could not find a factual (non-user submitted) site to back this up, but I did find US agriculture reports listing several other states that this is true."

That would be Wisconsin, and we don't even need to count one third of our women
A hozzászólást Harleyharr módosította 2011.01.14. 20:42:55-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
491. hozzászólás - 2011.01.15. 06:37:05
You know, i like how you complain about a question i GAVE THE REASON FOR 2 POSTS BEFORE YOURS! Please read the topic, see if i gave a reason for the rejection, then complain. About your reposting, i send you a message in W1, answer it if you still do not get why i rejected it.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
492. hozzászólás - 2011.01.15. 19:46:59
What is the name of the offshore oil drilling rig that caused a disaster on April 20th 2010?

Deepwater Navigator
Deepwater Frontier
Deepwater horizon
Deepwater Millenium

This is considered marking your answer since it is the only one not capitalized.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
493. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 04:26:27
Who is known as the world's most famous outlaw?
Jesse James
Al Capone
Blackbeard the Pirate
Robin Hood

Most famous by what standards? Any of these could be argued as correct as well as many others not on the list.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
494. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 04:27:20
Who invented the miner's safety-lamp?
Charles Lewy
Alexander Graham Bell
Sir Humphrey Davy
Sir Frank Whittle

The first safety lamp was invented by William Reid Clanny Within months of his demonstration, two improved designs had been announced: one by George Stephenson, which later became the Geordie lamp, and the Davy lamp, invented by Sir Humphry Davy.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
495. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 04:42:51
Who invented the pen?
Vasile Dumitrescu
Dumitru Ioan
Costache Poenaru
Petrache Poenaru

What kind of pen? Just a regular pen (i.e. writing implement with ink) goes back long before any of these people.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
496. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 04:43:36
What number is associated with famous Porche sport car type?

More than one of these is a model number for the "Porsche" (notice spelling too)
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
497. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 05:44:23
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.01.18. 04:43:36
What number is associated with famous Porche sport car type?

More than one of these is a model number for the "Porsche" (notice spelling too)

Rephrased:)
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
498. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 05:53:05 (Válasz dark22 #497 hozzászólására.)
On a second thought, I let the rephrased version through, but a little reminder to everyone, the words "most famous" means very little since it can depend on one's perspective. It's not a factual reference.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
499. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 07:14:13
Actually in this case it is.

Enter room full of people and say porsche and ask a number everyone will say 911.
People with little interest in cars will google porsche and first 20 results would probably be 911. That type was/is foundation of the entire company and trademarks are usualy "most famous" things about anything.
Txh for the approval though
averageMalystryx
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
500. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 13:10:56
why was this question labeled Bad because only a select few people might know the answer?

DJ Tiesto comes from which country?

The Netherlands. (correct)
Belgium.
Germany.
England.

Dj Tiesto is a WORLD FAMOUS DJ, nr 1 DJ in the world for about 8 times now, and certainly MUCH more famous then some the the romanian/hungarian/croatian poets/footballers/dances/food items, and what not that HAVE been approved oh so many times in this game already, that no one outside of those countries have ever heard off before!!!

All you need to do is type in DJ Tiesto in google or any other search engine, and the first thing that comes up is "Tiësto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Life and musical career · Philanthropy · Personal life · Discography
Tiësto OON (born Tijs Michiel Verwest [ˈtɛi̯s miˈxil vərˈʋɛst] on January 17, 1969) is a DUTCH musician"

takes less then 2 seconds to look up, while some of the questions i have had about hungarian food dishes or poets took me FAR more digging and reading to be able to figure out.
A hozzászólást Malystryx módosította 2011.01.18. 13:13:10-kor
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!