Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.08.25. 22:00:29
How many feet are in one meter?

e) none of the above. There are three feet in a yard. However, a Yard is around 10% smaller than a Meter... Therefore, the correct answer would be about 3.3 feet to a meter.
Dátum: 2010.08.25. 06:50:34
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.25. 04:35:53
i wish i could take credit for it lol

saw it on "are you smarter than a 5 year old" adapted it slightly substituting mankind with neil armstrong, i havent seen it on the db yet but i did have temper tantrum on forum when it was rejected so maybe its been re-submitted by someone.

No, I probably saw your temper tantrum

It would sure be nice to be able to moderate the Moderators sometimes.
Dátum: 2010.08.25. 03:25:31
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.24. 21:29:53

"What planet did Neil Armstrong take the first step on?

Moon
Earth <-------------
Mars
Venus"

it was rejected for being ambigous ROFLMAO

there is zero consistency in the evaluation process when stupidity like crow question get accepted and my question rejected.

I thought I saw this one in the DB. This is a brilliant question.
Dátum: 2010.08.24. 18:14:09
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.08.24. 08:52:26
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.23. 23:51:18
You can get to Adventures?

You're level 40 or above right?
- That's when the Adventures start (for those that didn't know).

Do I need LEARNING L40 as well? I'm already at character L40.

My Adventures are working fine, just wanted some info on them prior to starting one, but now I've completed a few, I definately think others should get a "head's up" as to what maybe required before starting one.

So far they seems to consist of Ability/Skill level tests, Battles with powerful/Epic/Entity monsters & sometimes you're required to use spell points.

- my last Adventure:
This Adventure was different to my previous ones as there was no combat.

Round 1: An IQ test (Abilities) to see if you're smarter than the average bear LOL j/k.
- a set level is required to beat (eg IQ level 95)

Round 2: A climbing test (Skills test I guess) - I haven't got that skill yet.
- again set level to beat.

Round 3: Spell points test
- Have enough "spell points" to cast a powerful spell (spell used up 500+ spell points).

Round 4: Mind Boost test (Skills test again)
- same as other skills test.

Congratulations! You completed the adventure. Your reward is ___ soul diamond.

- now you're probably thinking "wow those ability/skill levels requirements are way higher than mine or think as I did when the "climbing" skill test came "I don't have that skill", well here is the good news:

You're Ability/Skill is shown on the test, you get a free random roll of the dice to boost that ability/skill (the roll is made by the system, we have no input on it). Then the totals are added up & even if you have 0 climbing skill, but get a 4 (or higher) roll on the dice that will take you to/past the level 4 requirement.
Dátum: 2010.08.24. 03:34:57
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.08.24. 01:16:34
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.23. 23:51:18
When I try, I just get a white screen with "Adatbázis hiba!" in the upper left. Some info on that would be greatly appreciated as well!!!

The online translator says that means "Database error". There, I gave you some info.

YEA! Info!!! So is the Adventure module down, or is there some element that needs to be completed by the character first to allow adventures?

PS. I tried Babelfish, but it doesn't do Hungarian-> English (or any Hungarian, for that matter)
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 23:51:18
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.08.23. 23:37:35
I'm doing Adventures now, tried to find some info on them.

I clicked the "Adventures" tab & I see there's a link to "Adventures F.A.Q."

I click it & the Forum opens & I get the message "No such topic!"

- Just wondering why there's a link to a non-existant topic

You can get to Adventures? One step up on me... When I try, I just get a white screen with "Adatbázis hiba!" in the upper left. Some info on that would be greatly appreciated as well!!!
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 16:32:45
Yes, this is a re-post... But here's where it belongs, and hopefully it won't get buried under a pile of rubble like everything else in the Quiz topic does.

Ok, here's my suggestion, formulated over time as I've become more familiar with how the quiz system works as a whole.

a) Each question gets reviewed by 2 NA, 2 Euro and 1 International - simple majority rules. If one marks the answer as wrong or two mark it as ambiguous, the question is tossed immediately.

b) More Mods - Way more Mods

c) Questions get reviewed separately from the Hunt - so a wrong answer doesn't penalize a Mod 10%, and there is no 5 minute limit. Approved Moderators would access a separate screen (like a button in the Misc. tab) and be able to access the question queue that way. Therefore, when a Mod wants to answer questions, they can. When they don't, they won't.

d) Mods get 1/2 their level (rounded up) SE for each question they moderate - regardless of whether it's approved or rejected.

e) Space for comments on the question (so users can actually know why the question was rejected). A Mod rejecting a question MUST leave a comment.

f) The ability to make rudimentary spelling & grammar corrections. People should not be punished for simple "oops" typos, or for being English-second-language!!!

g) Anyone reaching the 10th level (or higher) can apply to be a Moderator, provided they are English-first-language (or at least very proficient).

h) Moderators who fail to achieve 60% (or a different number to be determined as we go along) "agreement" with their fellow Moderators will lose the opportunity to continue Mod'ing for 2 weeks, then 1 month, then permanently.

Left lots of space for people to comment as they see fit
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 05:04:33
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.08.23. 04:13:50
"Which of the following serial cars has the best top speed?"

I like Fruit Loops.
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 04:58:22
I try to go on an adventure, but then I get a white screen that says only:

Adatbázis hiba!

Actually, I've been getting the white page of death a fair amount, but usually a reload solves the issue... Not on adventures though.
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 03:40:59
Idézet: Blackmonks - 2010.08.23. 02:24:29
Maybe the quiz should drill down what we can ask questions about, it seems you can't ask questions about things that are interesting, challenging, or have to do with your home country. Why submit any questions?

Simple answer - don't. Just renounce and take your guaranteed SE. It'll be a LOT more fun for you.
Dátum: 2010.08.22. 21:51:46
Which of these gutarists was not a member of MetallicA?

Come on... Lexical, uninteresting, special knowledge, and general shit question.
Dátum: 2010.08.21. 18:31:45
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.21. 18:26:47
i just woke up but i dont get this question

There are four real crows on a tree. If you shoot one, how many will be left on the tree?
none <----------

Sure if u shoot a a gun you could scare them all but thats not an absolute, the answer could be all of the above. Even if u do kill 1 wth a gun, the others will still be on the tree when one is dead, they might not be 1 second later but they will not fly off before 1 is dead.

if the other 3 crows are deaf and blind then they will still be sitting on the tree after u shoot 1

what a stupid question

And what if the one you shoot gets caught on a branch while the others fly away... Yeah, I complained about this one MONTHS AGO. Just more proof that this topic is a complete waste of our time.
Dátum: 2010.08.21. 18:08:38
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.08.21. 05:25:04
More mods would mean a lot of them will be sitting idle hoping to get a question evaluated by chance. We are currently 4, and most of the time there are only 3-4 questions waiting that did not get eveluated by someone else.

But if a question got evaluated up to 5 times before being processed, then things will likely queue up again. Of course, if we don't need 100 Mods where 10 would do, then so be it.

Also, I guess I wasn't specific about this... You would "log in" to the Moderation Area (another box in the Misc area, for example) and evaluate from that queue... That way, there is no "chance" factor - you Mod when you want to Mod. If there's nothing there, then so be it.

Also i would love to see a space for comments, it would make my job a lot easier since i would not have to post every rejection in the forum. But about spelling i feel the player should know what the mistake was and correct it himself. That way will have to pay attention to grammar. If they know we will accept the question and fix the spell errors then why would they bother double checking before they post?

To say that people need to pay attention to grammar & spelling somewhat dismisses the fact that a lot of people are English second language. Beyond that, mistakes happen. In this post alone, you misspelled "eveluated" and "Separetely". Rejecting a question over something like this certainly seems unnecessary.

Separetely from hunt i also a nice way of avoiding rush decisions, i would like to hear the opinion of other evaluators on that. I will ask them personally if they do not post here
Dátum: 2010.08.20. 23:42:14
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.08.20. 18:17:50
Piggy, you have excellent ideas. They would work if only this was a trivia site devoted solely to that. The quiz is just a part of the whole expirience. Some players do not even hunt so that part of the game does not affected them at all, while they are active members of doomlord. Making the quiz more complex with categories and scoring or various rewards would not help much, most likely the opposite. What would help, and i invite someone or a group of you to do is get 2-3 of the ideas you post here and create a topic. Then ALL the players can be invited to JUST VOTE. Each idea gets a different vote, yes or no. I would really like to see what actually makes most of the players happy, not just debates.

Ok, here's my suggestion, formulated over time as I've become more familiar with how the quiz system works as a whole.

a) More Mods - Way more Mods

b) Questions get reviewed separately from the Hunt - so a wrong answer doesn't penalize a Mod 10%, and there is no 5 minute limit.

c) Mods get 1/2 their level (rounded up) SE for each question they moderate - regardless of whether it's approved or rejected.

d) Each question gets reviewed by 2 NA, 2 Euro and 1 International - simple majority rules. If one marks the answer as wrong or two mark it as ambiguous, the question is tossed immediately.

e) Space for comments on the question (so users can actually know why the question was rejected).

f) The ability to make rudimentary spelling & grammar corrections.

g) Anyone reaching the 10th level (or higher) can apply to be a Moderator, provided they are English-first-language (or at least very proficient).

h) Moderators who fail to achieve 60% (or a different number to be determined as we go along) "agreement" with their fellow Moderators will lose the opportunity to continue Mod'ing for 2 weeks, then 1 month, then permanently.

Left lots of space for people to comment as they see fit
Dátum: 2010.08.20. 23:24:20
Idézet: The Harjawalder - 2010.08.20. 20:35:13
Are all sides of a square of equal length?

Yes

How could this be wrong?
This is the defenition of a square...

Yeah, that's not a good rejection... I'll admit I'm not a fan of the question (we're not in grade 2 here), so maybe that's why it was rejected

I also got this wrong:

Are all sides of a rectangle of equal length?

No

Two of the sides of a rectangle are longer than the other two...
How could that be wrong?

Because you are wrong. A rectangle is defined as a four sided figure with 90' angles in all corners. By definition, a square is also classified as a rectangle. Therefore, a rectangle can have four equal sides.
Dátum: 2010.08.20. 00:53:47
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.19. 23:16:08
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.19. 22:17:16
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.19. 14:33:50
Say, is the relic dropping totally random?

I've killed 36 gnomes/elves till now; and still haven't found a single item. Be it potions or relic.

Rotten... I'm at 68, and have pulled 3 Health, 4 Mana, and the Relic. That said, the potions are nothing to write home about (L20 potions).

What's your Luck at?

Luck's at 48.

What's yours and how many did you kill before you found the relic?

I've seen builders with a relic after 29 kills.

Luck 49, and I got it at around battle 25-30... But I got my first potion about 3-4 battles in... I thought I'd be swimming in the stuff
Dátum: 2010.08.19. 22:33:42
Idézet: JohNed - 2010.08.18. 07:21:06
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad, incorrect question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks <----
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners

Try phrasing it like this:
Major League Baseball (MLB) had its last franchise expansion in 1998. Which two teams were added?
Dátum: 2010.08.19. 22:17:16
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.19. 14:33:50
Say, is the relic dropping totally random?

I've killed 36 gnomes/elves till now; and still haven't found a single item. Be it potions or relic.

Rotten... I'm at 68, and have pulled 3 Health, 4 Mana, and the Relic. That said, the potions are nothing to write home about (L20 potions).

What's your Luck at?
Dátum: 2010.08.17. 18:57:53
Right now, when you have no APs, you get a countdown timer that tells you when the next is due. It would be dice to get this timer regardless of the number of APs you have. For example, since it takes 2 APs to hit the Zankwads, I'd like to know exactly when that 2nd one will come in. Or when you're working (5APs) for Ducats - again, it would be nice to see how long that will take.
Dátum: 2010.08.17. 18:55:02
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.08.17. 08:42:08
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.16. 18:16:07
this should ultimately be a cakewalk win for the Emerald - based purely on number of players

The multiplier (effectiveness of SE you spent) depends on the number of active players from that horde. So if the emerald has twice as much active players as ruby, for example, then the emeralds have to charge twice as much as well. About level and quality - the SE you need to charge depends on your level as well, this is to help to make the event less level-dependant.

Can't say this is working exactly as expected, given that Green and Diamond already have almost insurmountable leads - and are the most populated colors. Green also has the most upper tier players, and is ahead by almost double. Either the math doesn't work, or it is evaluating the wrong set/type/levels of players.