Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.06.23. 06:00:15
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.22. 09:08:50
he means apparently half the doomlord players.

That's just based on the Forum Thread:
Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Story -> Doomlord players all over the world

I know it's a relatively small sample, and most players (myself included) haven't posted there... But it appears that 40-50% of the players in this forum are N.A. based. By extension, that should mean that around 40-50% of all game players are N.A. based. As such, asking VERY European questions / terminology is problematic - in the same way as asking / describing things VERY unique to North America is problematic.
Dátum: 2010.06.22. 16:29:18
The appliance of Rusty is refused

Appliances are fridges and stoves. You want Application.
Dátum: 2010.06.21. 16:34:19
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.20. 22:51:21
First of all, not soccer but football - I think USA is the only country where football (not american football) is called soccer.
And secondly, I still don't think it's ambigous because in every sport seniors' category is the one that is most important. That's why we say "world/european/american championship" instead of "senior world/european/american championship". We say U21 World Championship to distinguish it from the "real" World Championship. It's not as important as the first one because not everyone can participate in.

a) Yes, it is Football / Futbal. But with around half the players (apparently) coming from North America, can we agree that Soccer is a more universal term?
b) I agree that you were clearly asking about the World Cup, but there ARE other competitions.

All you have to do is change the question to say "What country has won the most World Cup of Soccer titles? (Pre-2010)" It's the same question, just with any ambiguity removed.
Dátum: 2010.06.20. 22:59:25
Badminton is still a "Banned Word" in the quiz. Reported this before... Like 4 months ago.
Dátum: 2010.06.20. 20:41:33
Who was David Gemmel's "LEGEND"?
Jon Shannow
Waylander the Slayer
Dakeyras
Druss

WAY too obscure... Even on the Wiki page, the answer to this is in the last paragraph.

As a follow-up... How does this pass, yet a question about the X-Men is rejected for being too "special knowledge"?
Dátum: 2010.06.20. 16:05:01
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.20. 14:54:42
This is my question:

Which country have won the most football world champion titles ever?

Germany
Italy
Brazil
France

Message from evaluators:

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

How could they be ambigous or wrong? There is only one correct answer and I'm sure that the most of football fans will know it.

Because there are seven thousand and three different Cups/Championships in soccer. Are you talking Euro? Champions? Olympics? U18? World Cup? All combined?

I'm guessing you mean W.C. given the timing, but with SO many other options that will be just as viable once the WC ends, the question IS ambiguous.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 21:23:18
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.06.19. 18:11:07
I was simply throwing out a possibility. When we were setting the guidelines, I was very in favor of allowing popular comics in the quiz.

And I do apologize if you were not the one to reject the Storm question - but you did come to the defense of the decision... Now you're saying that you would have passed it (given your pro-popular-comic stance)... This only continues to highlight the fact that it matters less about the quality of the question, and more about which moderator you get.

That is a problem.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 21:18:31
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.06.19. 18:11:07
You really need to hang up some of your complaining shoes. It is a game. It is supposed to be enjoyment. I cannot think of a single aspect you have not complained about. In fact, your complaints are often contradictory to your previous complaints. Some time ago, it became obvious to me that there will never be any pleasing you. So, please, take a few deep breaths, find something relaxing and try to actually enjoy the game.

Yes, it's supposed to be enjoyment - so how about making it enjoyable?

There is a lot I haven't complained about. Everything not related to the quiz for example. Even the fundamental concept of the quiz I haven't complained about. My only complaint has been and will likely continue to be question selection.

Please point out where I have been contradictory.

There's lots of pleasing me - and I've said it MANY times. If there is a question that isn't absurdly obscure, and has a reasonably easy-to-find answer - Pass it. Period.

Make the game enjoyable then. The Mods (led by Stekkos) have done a nice job of making themselves available and accountable... But where are the Game Admins?
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 20:45:39
Building from the Soul Well really shouldn't trigger the Clan tag, and should barely qualify as an Event. By reverse, I find it odd that the completion of a building is NOT an Event - and it's something that really SHOULD trigger the Clan tag... It would really help Clan Leaders organize the build order better.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 20:43:47
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.19. 08:25:23
This is a simple mathematical question.
If x = 2kg + x/2 then 2x=?

x = 2gk + x/2 <=> 2x = 4kg + x <=> x=4kg

And thus two bricks weighs 8 kg.

And no, I didn't write the question. There is a less mathematical solution to the same problem, but I'll leave that to you.

Just because you know the answer doesn't make this right:

"A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick"

Listen BV - You complain when someone says Country instead of Nation. You flip shit when "there" is used instead of "that"... Yet you think THIS is proper English? If you're going to bitch and moan about every little thing, then don't come to the rescue of something that clearly has issues.

Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.19. 08:55:19
How do you call the process of reducing dead human bodies to basic chemical compounds in the form of gases and bone fragments?

The question is bad English. So the question should be:
What do you call the process of reducing dead human bodies to their basic chemical compounds in the form of gases and bone fragments?

Exactly my point. If you're going to justify something clearly messed up, then don't bitch about something as insignificant as the above.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 06:24:54
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.19. 06:08:41
Vlakyrie, is not quite the same because is not aking how many points are awarded for scoring a touch down. Is asking about a combination of facts about football. Someone has to know all scoring methods and their corresponding points to answer which cannot be with 1 score. Slight difference in question type but still enough to make it too into details. And for those who keep complaining (not just you Dolp) i havent seen ANY other sport questions post except US football and baseball for months now when i evaluate. By now those 2 combined should beat soccer questions 2:1 at least. Other sports even less. So please stop complaining about bias or inconsistencies. I would actually like all of you sports fans out there to post about other sports also if possible

I agree with Stekkos on this one (see, I WILL take both sides). Not only do you have to know that a touchdown is actually worth 6, not 7; not only do you have to know that a FG is worth 3; not only do you have to know that a Safety / 2-Pt Conversion is worth 2 - you have to combine all those together and figure out that 4 is the bad answer. If I were to turn around the question and ask you how many points are impossible to score in a Cricket at bat - would you have any idea? There's a fine line between understanding the concept of the game vs. knowing the intricacies of the game. I think your question definitely falls unto the intricate area.

PS. Stekkos - I've been blitzing the NHL questions, so it's not all Baseball & NFL.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 06:17:10
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.06.19. 02:47:53
From the quiz page of the game "Do not ask ones that demand lexical knowledge (like dates) or that is known only by a special group (e.g. Magic the Gathering, comics etc.). f you have to valuate such a question, please choose the „Bad question” option."

Horseshit, with capital HORSESHIT. There have been 3 X-Men movies, and it is amongst the best selling comic books series ever. More people have read X-Men than the Wheel of Time (or whatever the hell it is that has at least 3 quiz questions associated with it)

Who is Spiderman - In the quiz
Who is Supermans enemy - In the quiz

Are these not comic figures? And who decided that comics are unacceptable anyways? I think Painters should be unacceptable. I don't read comic books, but I've sure seen them (and their associated movies) a lot more than any famous works of art.

If there can be Lord of the Rings questions about how many rings went to the Elves and how many rings went to the Dwarfs (as if THAT isn't bullshit lexical knowledge), then there is NO way this should have been rejected.

Gemeni - You need to hang up your Mod shoes, because every time you jump in to defend a decision, you are laughably wrong.

Unfortunately - nobody is laughing.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 06:07:05
Idézet: Banned - 2010.06.19. 04:56:20
Wow...

What happened to this thread?

It's been pointless to continue it. The Admins don't give a shit. The Mods don't give a shit. After all, we're just players - we're not important, and what do we know anyways?

I have NEVER seen such apathy from people who you would expect would like our business.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 01:49:33
The ocean has 5 layers, or zones, extending from the surface to the most extreme depths, starting at the surface which is the 3rd zone?
Bathypelagic Zone
Abyssopelagic Zone
Epipelagic Zone
Hadalpelagic Zone

Yeesh
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 01:48:05
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.17. 18:42:49
Qquaid-e-Azam MA Jinnah, The Founder Of Pakistan, That Father of Pakistan. Thats no more specalized than asking about the first president of the usa or the founder of google

Fair enough, but I don't recall seeing a question asking in which city Washington was born. Also, know your participants - Let's say 33% of your players are from the US. I can say with confidence that 33% of the players aren't from Pakistan, or even the whole Middle East Combined.

That question shouldn't have passed. It's both VERY "Specific Group" AND "Lexical / Uninteresting"

The question that should have been asked would be "What country was Qquaid-e-Azam MA Jinnah the founder of?" Just as difficult for 98% of the players here, but as you are so happy to say, this question would have value in knowing... The original question about what city he was born in simply doesn't provide any beneficial knowledge.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 01:08:34
I'm getting a fair number of:

There is no such battle!

Battle "reports". About a third of my DimGate battles don't generate reports in my Previous Battles, and I just had my first Duel that had an irretrievable report... The problem seems to be getting worse over the last 7-10 days.
Dátum: 2010.06.19. 01:02:58
What's the point of complaining about a bad question when the Admins won't do anything about it?

This has been posted TWICE before, more than a month ago!

A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick, how much do 2 bricks weigh?

This is a nonsensical question!
Dátum: 2010.06.17. 06:13:10
Who wrote "Maitreyi"?
Mircea Eliade
Mahatma Ghandi
Dostoievski
Amita Bhose

What the hell? Listen, I know that it's written by some Romanian (after scouring Google) - but being a Romanian or Hungarian author does NOT mean the world knows (or should know) your work.

And THIS isn't "only a specific group"???

Double-fucking-standards in action.
Dátum: 2010.06.15. 18:03:51
how tall is a male grizzly bear standing on its hind legs?
8ft
12ft
16ft
21ft

12ft given as the right answer

But:
- Male grizzly bears reach and stand 2.44 meters 8 ft tall on their hind legs. Females are 38% smaller.
- A large male can be up to ten feet tall, but that is exceptional.
- On average, grizzly bears stand about 1 metre (3.3 ft) at the shoulder when on all fours and 2 metres (6.6 ft) on their hind legs,[5] but males often stand 2.4 metres (7.9 ft) or more on their hind legs.

Nowhere does it say anything about 12 feet. I thought Mods researched the answer before approving it!
Dátum: 2010.06.15. 17:22:18
How many of the NFL teams are named after animals?

The answer is between 14 and 17, depending on interpretation. So 14 is the only viable answer listed - unfortunately there is inherent ambiguity in the answers though.