Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.05.04. 20:18:35
I write good questions about the most popular player in his sport, and they keep getting bounced! It's absolute bullshit, and I AM ready to take my L16 character, forfeit what I have paid so far (and yes, I am a paid premium member) and tell this whole fucking system to fuck off.

If I have to answer questions about Tom Goodwin and his Sword of Truth (and the thousands of other literature questions); sporting topics that I care about (especially regarding the NHL - the most International professional league in the world) have NO reason to be bounced. Especially when the quiz it littered with obscure Hungarian sporting trivia.

I am really, really, really, fucking pissed off right now. It's racial bias. It's an unreasonable topic bias (look at a newspaper and what are the biggest sections - Local News then Sports). And I'm not putting up with this crap any more. Get it fixed, or take it out - because it's broken.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 20:08:51
What team did Sidney Crosby play for when they won the NHL's Stanley Cup in 2009?
Pittsburgh Penguins
Detroit Red Wings
Philadelphia Flyers
New York Rangers

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 19:18:54
Idézet: Boar - 2010.05.04. 16:08:19

Football... "Do not ask ones that demand lexical knowledge (like dates) or that is known only by a special group (e.g. Magic the Gathering, comics etc.)." Football fans are special enough? Delete please!

Sports questions are just as legitimate as literature questions, mythology questions or any myriad of other major topics in the quiz. This is something that the Mods have had trouble accepting, mostly thanks to narrow-minded people like yourself.

As for soccer/football specifically, I would suggest that more people have played the sport than have heard of Stephen King or owned/read a bible - so just because YOU don't like a topic (as I hate literature and inventor questions), that does not cancel out their legitimacy.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 04:44:04
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.04. 03:28:41
There is already an effort underway from the admins and the evaluators to "meet"" together and draw up a clear line on how the evaluation will work and the changes needed to make it better. In other words, all of you with valid complains have been taken seriously even without a petition.

Some transparency in this process would be appreciated by surely all members who have voiced complaints thus far.
Dátum: 2010.05.03. 21:40:18
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.05.01. 22:13:35
If you could post this link referring to the thread about updating the system, hopefully more people will read it and 'sign' the petition. Admins can't ignore petitions of over 200 people.

Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Complaints -> The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate
Dátum: 2010.05.02. 20:15:30
Ok, you can ask:
Terry Goodkind wrote an 11 book saga called the Sword of...

But I can't ask:
What NHL team drafted Sidney Crosby
Who scored the Gold Medal winning goal for Canada's Mens Hockey team in the 2010 Winter Olympics
what team does Sidney Crosby play for (2010)

Not that I like Crosby - but he is the most famous hockey player in the world right now. Terry Goodkind is .... Who?
Dátum: 2010.05.01. 19:37:03
Idézet: Younglord - 2010.04.29. 19:36:33
I think there needs to be a more efficient means of evaluating the questions.
Let the players decide if a question is good or bad.

There is a large discussion of this in:
Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Complaints -> The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate

However, just like the rest of the forum, there is absolutely no indication that game admins read anything posted - so ultimately we're probably all just wasting our time posting anything at all.

Sorry for the reality check.
Dátum: 2010.05.01. 03:22:56
What is the definition of Dinosaur
Listed correct - "Horrible Lizard"
Listed incorrect - "Terrible Lizard"

In 1841, Sir Richard Owen coined the word "dinosaur" to identify the fossils of extinct reptiles. It traces its origins to the Greek words deinos, meaning "terrible" or "fearfully great," and sauros, meaning "lizard."

We have some seriously dino-rific Mods (and in this case, either horrible or terrible are just as accurate).
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 22:03:15
So I just got a 72 hour Quiz Ban for posting the following question:

In order to have your question approved, you have to:?
a) Make the question or answer about Hungary
b) Write about boring literature
c) Don't write about sports, and especially North American sports
d) All of the above

Ok, yes. This was not a valid attempt at a legitimate question. But it underlines a point that I and MANY others are getting REALLY PISSED OFF at the double standards (and the complete mystery standards) in the Quiz system.
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 22:02:54

d) All of the above

Ok, yes. This was not a valid attempt at a legitimate question. But it underlines a point that I and MANY others are getting REALLY PISSED OFF at the double standards (and the complete mystery standards) in the Quiz system.
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 22:02:33

d) All of the above

At this stage, I would rather see it out of the game completely than have it remain as it currently is managed.
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 17:10:09
Ok, I'm getting sick and fucking tired of this:

Who scored the Gold Medal winning goal for Canada in Mens Hockey in the 2010 Olympics?

REJECTED

Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix in 1986

PASSED
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 03:07:34
What day is Inauguration Day?

a) For what country (and yes, I know Americans think they are the only people on the planet, but still)
b) Really, who gives a sh!t? Seeing this get passed while others get blocked makes a mockery of something that is already a pretty big farce (the quiz system).
Dátum: 2010.04.29. 21:33:16
Who first invented the ship?

Answer given - Greeks

Not only is this a stupid question - it's wrong. The Egyptians are a far older civilization than the Greeks, and built ships far earlier. And that's ignoring nomadic tribes that built rudimentary "canoes" to cross small bodies of water.

Both the question and the Mod need a kick.
Dátum: 2010.04.27. 23:59:55
How long was the longest chess game ever recorded?
20 hours 15 min
10 hours 15 min
30 hours 15 min
40 hours 15 min

Years of Play-by-Mai and Play-by-EMail would disagree heavily
Dátum: 2010.04.27. 19:26:57
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.27. 14:56:43
Which of these is not a Playstation 3 game?
Assassin's Creed
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Little Big Planet
SSX 3

Actually non of these are PS3 games, all of them are multi-console games. The correct title would be: Which of the followings are not playable on PS3... Or something like that. But as I see, this is a special knowledge also. A game-console is not common in every household around the world... Correct or delete please.

Whiny semantics. There are far more important/valid things to complain about

What N.B.A. Team Drafted Shaquille O'neal in 1992?
L.A. Lakers
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
Cleveland Cavaliers

Absolute special question. Delete please!

Oh NO!!! A question you might have to Google?!?!?!??!?!?! I guess your computer doesn't do that. FAIL!

What English Premier League team does John Terry play for (year 2010)?
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal

Can change anytime+ not common knowledge! Delete please!

Oh dear, another one you may have to Google Gotta hate when they have the actual date in the question so that you can't whine about "this could change at any time".

Whole post is a mega-FAIL!
Dátum: 2010.04.27. 19:23:50
The first hot air balloon flight was in September 1783 over which European city?
Paris, France
London, England
Sicily, Italy
Helsinki, Finland

E) None of the above

Early Balloon Flight in Europe

The first public demonstration of a lighter-than-air machine took place on June 4, 1783, in Annonay, France, when Joseph and Jacques Montgolfier, two brothers who owned a paper mill, sent up an unmanned hot-air balloon. They had observed that smoke tended to rise and that paper bags placed over a fire expanded and also rose, pushed upward by the hot air. They concluded that if they could only capture what they thought was a unique gas inside an enclosed lightweight bag, this container or bag would rise from the ground. Etienne Montgolfier carried out the first experiment at Avignon, France, in September 1782, proving their theory to be sound. They had rediscovered the theory of buoyancy, which the Greek mathematician and philosopher Archimedes had discovered in the second century B.C.E.

Their original test balloon was made of paper and linen and opened at the bottom. When flaming paper was held near the opening, the bag, called a 'balon', slowly expanded with the hot air and floated upward.

The brothers tested balloons ranging in size from 40 cubic feet (1.1 cubic meters) to 650 cubic feet (18.4 cubic meters). The balloons rose from 90 feet (27 meters) to 600 feet (183 meters) in the air. After concluding that their experiment worked, they finally built a large cloth and paper balloon 10 meters in diameter and tested it on June 4, 1783, in the marketplace at Annonay. The balloon, from then on called a Montgolfiere, rose about 2,000 meters (6,562 feet) into the air.

After their success, the brothers went to Paris and built another larger balloon. On September 19, 1783, in Versailles, the Montgolfiers flew the first passengers in a basket suspended below a hot-air balloon—a sheep, a rooster, and a duck. The flight, which lasted eight minutes, took place in front of Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, and the French court, as well as a crowd of about 130,000. The balloon flew nearly 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) before returning the occupants safely to earth.

The next major milestone occurred on October 15, 1783, when the brothers constructed a hot-air balloon that, at the end of a tether, rose 84 feet (25 meters) into the air with its first human passengers, Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier, perhaps accompanied by the Marquis d'Arlandes. (Authorities differ on whether the marquis went on this first flight.) With a capacity of 60,000 cubic feet, Pilâtre de Rozier stayed aloft for almost four minutes. A short while later, on November 21, 1783, the first confirmed aeronauts, de Rozier and d'Arlandes, made a free ascent in a balloon and flew from the center of Paris to the suburbs, about 5.5 miles (9 kilometers) in some 25 minutes. On January 19, 1784, a huge hot-air balloon built by the Montgolfiers carried a total of seven passengers to a height of 3,000 feet (914 meters) over the city of Lyons.

So are you asking the first flight? Annonay
Are you asking for the first "passenger" flight? Paris
Are you asking the first manned flight? That was October, not September

Mods not doing homework!!!
Dátum: 2010.04.27. 03:20:24
Which singer is not known for his acting in movies as well?
Bing Crosby
Perry Como
Frank Sinatra
Harry Connick, Jr

Huh?
Dátum: 2010.04.27. 01:33:24
From what bridge does the Oxford/Cambridge boat race start?
Donnington Bridge
Folly Bridge
Putney Bridge
Hythe Bridge

Seriously, why is this still in the Quiz? I NEVER want to have a question rejected for "specific knowledge" again!!!
Dátum: 2010.04.26. 19:46:01
Who won the first Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix (1986, Hungaroring)?
Nelson Piquet
Nigel Mansell
Ayrton Senna
Alain Prost

Ummm... A LITTLE specific - don't you think? I know the question is "Hungary Exempt", but come on.