Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
641. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 10:57:09 (Válasz Herona #640 hozzászólására.)
if you posted your question with answers and the exact evaluation, we could help.
Pontszám: 5
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
642. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 15:48:14
This system pisses me off.

Crackdown is a game on which game console?

Xbox
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Wii

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

I assume it refers to Xbox and the Xbox 360. If that is the case, would it have been ambiguous to have PS2 in there as well? The Xbox is a games console, and the Xbox 360 is a TOTALLY different console.

So OK, I guess the names are a little mixed up, but would they have evaluated it wrong if Nintendo DS was the right answer, with Nintendo 64 the wrong one?

Also, all these questions that are evaluated as only a special group of people will know the answer to are bullcrap. Who ACTUALLY knows the answers to these questions? Yeah, I can answer about 50% with general knowledge, but it's the internet that gives me my answers, and I'm sure it's the same for most people.

Also, I'm British, and I proposed a question on Doctor Who (a popular Saturday evening show on BBC). New actors replace the main character, but when I asked about the most recent (Matt Smith, and yes, the changing of characters is mentioned on the official news channels), it was labeled as only a specific group of people can answer. 80% of the British population have heard of doctor who, and EVERYONE does who watches TV! Not only that, it was extremely easy to google.

It is ridiculous when I get asked about Al Bundy in his AMERICAN sitcom show. I've never been to America, how would I know about that? I answered right, but only because I know how to use google. The game needs more culture in it. And they need GOOD evaluators (why would they let players evaluate when the queue is over 250 quiz questions). They should be promoted, based on their ratio of good questions asked, and good answers answered. Perhaps let it be moderated by the rookie quizmaster by an admin, in a sort of trial period in which they can decide if they are up to the job.

I'd do the job for free, though payment is a good incentive. I know this is a long post, and one which most people won't read, but please take the time to skim read through it!

EDIT: Just read through this again and realised how bad it sounded... I've read through more of the forum since, and I've learnt more about the quiz system and how there are actual developments in place. I think the evaluators do a good job with the equipment they've got and I think that eventually the quiz system will be mastered and make this game one of the best around. Sorry for my rant, I can see what was wrong with the original question anyway!
A hozzászólást Phalanxii módosította 2010.07.27. 13:00:07-kor
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
Pontszám: 4.25
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
643. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 16:57:42 (Válasz Phalanxii #642 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.04.30. 15:48:14
This system pisses me off.

There seem to be a large and growing number of people in that particular boat.

I assume it refers to Xbox and the Xbox 360. If that is the case, would it have been ambiguous to have PS2 in there as well? The Xbox is a games console, and the Xbox 360 is a TOTALLY different console.

Linguistically, Xbox appears to be a broader category that would encompass Xbox 360, as well as hypothetical other versions, like Xbox 180, Xbox 720, etc. Perhaps it is the case that within the gaming console community, Xbox by itself would refer unambiguously to a particular console. Not being a part of the gaming console community, your answers would definitely be ambiguous to me. Presumably, that's why the evaluator rejected your question.

Also, all these questions that are evaluated as only a special group of people will know the answer to are bullcrap. Who ACTUALLY knows the answers to these questions? Yeah, I can answer about 50% with general knowledge, but it's the internet that gives me my answers, and I'm sure it's the same for most people.

Therein lies the crux of the problem. Where do you draw the line, and who decides where the line is? You are advocating for there to be no line at all. I'm not sure that would be an improvement. I don't really want to have to answer questions about what your aunt's hair color is. So I think there should be a line. The complaints generally boil down to the fact that each evaluator has a different line, and I'm not sure how to fix that. Viridel has proposed a theory (which I'm too lazy to track down and link) but I believe it's too similar to what the admins tried and rejected before. I have also proposed some changes. I would encourage anyone who is dissatisfied with the current system to join the discussion on how to improve it (there's a different thread for that, though). I haven't seen any sign that the admins read any of it, but I am ever hopeful.

Also, I'm British, and I proposed a question on Doctor Who

As an American, that would still pass my general interest/knowledge test, personally. But I could imagine that to an evaluator who had never heard of Doctor Who, they wouldn't even know enough about it to know that it is common knowledge. I would try not to take it personally.

It is ridiculous when I get asked about Al Bundy in his AMERICAN sitcom show.

When I get presented with questions like that from other cultures, I try to take the view that it's an opportunity for me to learn about the other culture. Sometimes the trivia gets too, um, trivial for me, though, which is annoying.

On the whole, although I think the system could be improved, it's still a fun part of the game.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
644. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 17:10:09
Ok, I'm getting sick and fucking tired of this:

Who scored the Gold Medal winning goal for Canada in Mens Hockey in the 2010 Olympics?

REJECTED

Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix in 1986

PASSED
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
645. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 19:26:44 (Válasz ImLittleJon #643 hozzászólására.)
Littlejon, i just want to congratulate you for getting the point of what a game is about. Great post and i hope more people can understand the point like you do. Nothing more to add, you said it all
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
646. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 22:03:15
So I just got a 72 hour Quiz Ban for posting the following question:

In order to have your question approved, you have to:?
a) Make the question or answer about Hungary
b) Write about boring literature
c) Don't write about sports, and especially North American sports
d) All of the above

Ok, yes. This was not a valid attempt at a legitimate question. But it underlines a point that I and MANY others are getting REALLY PISSED OFF at the double standards (and the complete mystery standards) in the Quiz system.
hatedHeronaNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
647. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 22:19:41 (Válasz Pogaxa #641 hozzászólására.)
what are the parents names of John the babtist.

Elisabeth and Zacharias
Jozef and Maria
Paulus and Magdalena
John and Ruth

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

for what i think with evry questoin there is a only a sepc group of people who know the answer no matter what the question is about. if its a sport question well i have no answers i am not intresting in sports and who wright what book?? . But i go google and there i find it. so can that be done with evry kind of question.
Pontszám: 4.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
648. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 04:47:58 (Válasz Herona #647 hozzászólására.)
Still, with the variety of religions in the world it is irrelevant if you can google it or not. Is not a common knowleadge even amongst Christians. That was the reason for the special group evaluation
everyone's favoriteshadowpreyer
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
649. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 04:50:38
?

most massive life form on Earth?
California Redwood
The Humongous Fungus
Blue Whale
African Elephant

what is ambiguous about this question?
hatedHeronaNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
650. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 08:29:25 (Válasz stekkos #648 hozzászólására.)
Is not a common knowleadge even amongst Christians?? omgod who did not see a movie about the live of Jesus and who was born at the same time as jesus ..john. and for the record even moslims know who john the baptist is. they see jesus as a profeet and his live is also to find in the koran.
iam sorry but this is nonsens but fine. this quiz make no sence for me.
awell who am i just a player
averageDentaio
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
651. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 08:44:51 (Válasz shadowpreyer #649 hozzászólására.)
Perhaps it would be better to ask "What is the largest life form on Earth?"

I'm not native English speaker so this is just an opinion though. (and please include "What is" in case you didn't)

PS. I think it's a good question, I learned something new thanks to it
A hozzászólást Dentaio módosította 2010.05.01. 08:47:10-kor
hatedHeronaNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
652. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 11:06:37
What is a moloen?

tree in Africa
plant in Canada
creature- doomworld
citty in Germany

ok this is it a question that is about the game is even valud as bad??

wel for me this means i am out of this game
wish you all a wonderfull time
Pontszám: 3
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
653. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 15:20:09 (Válasz Herona #652 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Herona - 2010.05.01. 11:06:37
What is a moloen?
tree in Africa
plant in Canada
creature- doomworld
citty in Germany
ok this is it a question that is about the game is even valud as bad??
wel for me this means i am out of this game
wish you all a wonderfull time

This is a prime example of how to kill a good game. As well as this question not being allowed is the fact that there are other questions in the game that have been allowed asking about specific events within the legend of the game and in the answer, they give which of 4 specific levels is the answer. well if you're not at or past those levels how can you answer them? but that isn't too specific for the evaluators. and this question is ????????

I'm an American, I know about Al Bundy, I watch Dr. Who and can answer questions about that show up to & including the current people on it. I average about 70 - 80% of the questions depending on the topics that I get. But I fail to see how a set of rules that can distinguish between general trivia and things so obscure or specific that only select people can answer them is so hard to setup. The evaluators all have computers, everybody playing is on a computer, it's an internet based game!!!!, How can you not answer any of these questions if given the proper information and answers???

How hard is it to google a question and get an answer??
If the players can do this to get answers, why can't the evaluators do this to verify that an answer is possible to get online and if its good, allow it, if the answer is wrong, spelled wrong, or has multiple possible answers to it, then reject it and tell the people why you are rejecting it. Maybe you spend 2 minutes trying to find an answer and get no hits when you type in the question on google, Reject it !!.
They write another, resubmit it, and this forum would have a lot less people complaining in it, as well as a lot of happy players

Come On Evaluators , At Least Try To Do Your Job Correctly!!!!!

You've just lost 1 person by admission, how many people have left without saying anything????
How many more have to leave the game due to this B.S. (B.S. - The Abbreviation for an american term probably too specific for you to know what it is) before something is done to correct this ????
A hozzászólást rok3269 módosította 2010.05.01. 15:40:09-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
654. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 15:30:48 (Válasz Herona #652 hozzászólására.)
first of all, the word moloen doesn't exist. moleon is surely a creature in doomworld, but if a 1st level player gets your question, how can he know the correct answer? that's why you got that evaluation.

also if you weren't in write-only mode, you could see that no question about the game is suggested as anything that could be asked about it is already asked.
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.05.01. 15:32:17-kor
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
655. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 15:44:03 (Válasz Pogaxa #654 hozzászólására.)
Quote "first of all, the word moloen doesn't exist. moleon is surely a creature in doomworld, but if a 1st level player gets your question, how can he know the correct answer? that's why you got that evaluation." /Quote

And yet there are game related questions in the quiz of this game? why is that?

Why would they allow a question about the game that has for answer, choices of 4 different levels, 0,4,8,11?
When not everyone is level 11 and would not know that the answer might be coming up when they get to 11. But yet, tthe question is there, I know I had it and got it wrong because i'm not lvl 11 yet and the answer was 0.
A hozzászólást rok3269 módosította 2010.05.01. 15:47:54-kor
hatedHeronaNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
656. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 18:08:56 (Válasz Pogaxa #654 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.01. 15:30:48
first of all, the word moloen doesn't exist. moleon is surely a creature in doomworld, but if a 1st level player gets your question, how can he know the correct answer? that's why you got that evaluation.

also if you weren't in write-only mode, you could see that no question about the game is suggested as anything that could be asked about it is already asked.

at first i am just a level 4 and see the moloen come by evrytime in a hunt. even i hade i think a was level 2, question about the game and no idea what it was so what that is a game for win or lose know it or not. and see your own words you already say it word dos not exist what els can it be as a creature of doomlord a simple question stil recording as a bad question that all i want to say
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
657. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 18:53:31 (Válasz rok3269 #655 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: rok3269 - 2010.05.01. 15:44:03
Quote "first of all, the word moloen doesn't exist. moleon is surely a creature in doomworld, but if a 1st level player gets your question, how can he know the correct answer? that's why you got that evaluation." /Quote

And yet there are game related questions in the quiz of this game? why is that?

again, no read just write.. maybe now:

Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.01. 15:30:48
no question about the game is suggested as anything that could be asked about it is already asked.
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
658. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 18:58:24 (Válasz Herona #656 hozzászólására.)
not moloen. moleon.
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
659. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 22:13:35
IMO, the moleon question was correctly evaluated.

LittleJohn, thank you for enlightening me and taking the time to look through my post. I wrote it in a fit of rage!

I would like to know where this thread is, and I think we should get a petition going where everyone who agrees signs up. If opinions are too varied on a successful system, the poll should be closed, and the discussion should be used to open up a new system.

I think it adds a great deal of fun to the game, it gives it an individuality which makes up for the games lack of visual interest.

In my opinion, the questions should be:
1. General knowledge (up to secondary education/high school/ 16 years)
2. Straightforward
3. Not immediately googled (the quiz olympics should be based on quizzical knowledge, not the speed you can copy and paste- the only reason people don't score 50/50 is because the answers are wrong or there are multiple answers)
4. Spell checked immediately! There is a spell checker on these forums, how hard can it really be to implement it on the quiz section?
5. Automatically checked if there are similar questions (yahoo answers does it... why can't doomlord?)
6. Rewards much higher (level^3 +100)- let people enjoy the unique aspect of the game more
7. Much harder to submit a question (interesting puzzles and linguistic challenges are GREAT, I enjoy it when they come along, not when I have to google something boring)
8. More evaluators

The combination of higher rewards for higher level players, but harder to submit the question means only good quality questions will be submitted, with little impact on the number of questions allowed through (higher quality, but greater quantity). This puts emphasis on the main unique aspect of this game- the quizzes. I understand that there is a delicate balance in the power of players, and having a reward with level^3 will possibly disrupt the power balance, making it harder for new players to enter the game. As a result, the exact reward formula should be thought about very carefully, and not by someone with half an A level in maths

If you could post this link referring to the thread about updating the system, hopefully more people will read it and 'sign' the petition. Admins can't ignore petitions of over 200 people.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
averageSvante64Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
660. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 18:30:28
which movie havn´t been directed by James Cameron?

Terminator
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial =right answer
Titanic

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.
in that way is this question ambiguous?
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője