Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.04.04. 18:41:49
For piss sake - how does this make it thru?

The question on "Dihydrogen Monoxide" (DHMO) - Which of the following is NOT true:

Wrong answer! The correct answer is: DHMO is an excellent electrical conductor..

First off, I have NEVER seen "DHMO". Secondly, Dihydrogen (H2) Monoxide (O) = H20 = WATER.

Last time I checked, water was an excellent conductor of electricity.

Who moderates the moderators???
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 18:28:41
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.04. 18:17:10
Its bad due to misspelling, but it was wrong not to mention it in the evaluation if thats the case. WHICH one not Witch one

"Bad Spelling" lets you re-write the question. "Bad Question" means the writer completely forfeits the bonus. And the Game Admins don't give a crap, and don't even read this forum, therefore nothing will change.
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 18:25:15
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.04. 09:50:18
Once again i will post that being easy to google does not make a question good. Middle name of a character in a cartoon that might or might not be popular in parts of the world is not a good question. The first name, the number of kids in Homers family, that might pass as good since is general trivia on a famous cartoon. But middle name goes a bit too into details

I would suggest that almost ANY question regarding The Simpsons would be more universally well known than 2/3rds of the Literature questions floating around, and more well known than the VAST majority of historical questions (especially those involving dates). Pop Culture is as valid as any other topic, and because of the "currentness" of it, the answers are VERY available online. You're right - just because it's on Google doesn't make it a good question. But NOT having it readily available on Google definitely makes it a BAD question - and there are a lot of those in the quiz.

That said, the answer to Homer J. Simpson was only said in one episode, which I would think makes it too trivial for this game.
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 18:16:29
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.04.04. 18:02:03
This is absolutely outrageous Devs rethink the battle system .

Nobody forcing you to play Jerk.
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 18:11:10
When a Clan Building is built, it should be an "Event".
Dátum: 2010.04.04. 17:28:56
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.03.17. 20:14:09
As the title says it would be a very good addition a function like this in the message area. Sometimes i need to forward fast info to the clan members and a function like that will do the trick instead of posting it to the forum.
Today i had to send 3 email to my clan members (each for every clan member). Also i would like to know if i can put multiple recipients in the "TO:" field (i will still have to keep a notepad with clan members name in the required format but at least i wont have to send 1 email for every member).

In my clan i try to keep the forum clean and post only large pieces of info so the clan members can find what they need in there. I have posted all sort of info from beginners tips to more game related info.

Agreed on this. Sending 1-by-1 is a hassle... Especially when running against that "spam filter" that limits the frequency of sends.
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 19:42:48
Which is not an Olympic sport?
Snow Boarding
Curling
Baseball
Jump Rope

For the 2012 Games (London), Baseball & Softball have been removed from the lineup... This was announced just before the 2008 Games (Beijing). Therefore, there are two correct answers.
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 19:39:46
How many books are there in the Twilight Series?

From Yahoo, 2008:
In regards to the question, "Is Breaking Dawn the last book in the Twilight Saga?" The answer is, "I don’t know." It’s the last one for a while, at least.
This would be #4

Of course there will be Midnight Sun, but that’s covering old material. I’m not sure if I will go forward with the Twilight characters–I’m a little burned out right now. Ask me again in two years."
This would be #5
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 18:26:24
Idézet: Xerxes - 2010.04.03. 13:23:25
How do I get people to vote for and evaluate my questions for quest?

You don't - you wait. Current wait time appear to be 3-4 days.
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 18:25:25
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.03. 17:52:35
Post questions that are general in interest. Ask about records, famous writers, poets, scientists, leaders etc. Also questions about countries or science facts seem to pass easy

Enough damn writers and poets already! On my last batch of 20 Hunts, there was 1 sports question and EIGHT Literature ones!
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 17:54:20
In The dark tower series, where does Roland hail from?
Mejis
End-World
Lud
Gilead

Get this crap out of there, and fire the mod that approved it.
Dátum: 2010.04.02. 18:04:24
I sent this straight to the guy running the game, and not surprisingly, have not heard back:

It should simply be that NO question should be kicked out for being "too specific". But after 10 answers, if 3 or fewer got it right (less than 40%), then it goes to Moderation to determine if it's a fair/reasonable question; and it should be auto-kicked if it's less than 40% accuracy after 50 answers.

The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad (or wonder why) their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

Also, Quiz Olympics questions should only be taken from the pool of 50+ answers. There is nothing more frustrating than the game having wrong (or impossible to find) answers in the Quiz Olympics.

No SE would be given until the question has passed the 10-answer test (and it should be increased to 3x to compensate for the time), and we should not be blocked from posting another question while the previous one is under "peer-review".

Ultimately the "hunt quiz" will get more difficult as there WILL be more obscure questions... But ultimately, I don't think anyone will care as much about the several SE lost on the Hunt Bonus when it means that the Quiz Olympics don't have any debatable questions, and that nobody will have to worry about (and get mad when) their questions are rejected for no legitimate reason other than a Mod not liking it. There won't be any point in complaining about a question, as it'll get kicked after 10 answers if it is too difficult!

This would solve ALL complaints (except where the Mod doesn't verify the correct answer), ultimately lessen the workload for the Mods, and the users of the game can dictate when a question is too "specific".

Now, the guy(s) running the game have come right out and told me that they don't monitor the Forums, and they have "lesser admins" for that. This saddens me greatly, as how are the creators of the game supposed to know what us users are thinking if they don't review the Forum, and actually SEE the problems that exist???

As such, if you agree with the above concept, I would suggest you copy it, add your thoughts, and e-mail it to info@doomlord.net

Maybe if they get people e-mailing them directly, something productive may come of it, the Forum clearly isn't the answer for change.
Dátum: 2010.04.02. 18:03:01
I sent this straight to the guy running the game, and not surprisingly, have not heard back:

It should simply be that NO question should be kicked out for being "too specific". But after 10 answers, if 3 or fewer got it right (less than 40%), then it goes to Moderation to determine if it's a fair/reasonable question; and it should be auto-kicked if it's less than 40% accuracy after 50 answers.

The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad (or wonder why) their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

Also, Quiz Olympics questions should only be taken from the pool of 50+ answers. There is nothing more frustrating than the game having wrong (or impossible to find) answers in the Quiz Olympics.

No SE would be given until the question has passed the 10-answer test (and it should be increased to 3x to compensate for the time), and we should not be blocked from posting another question while the previous one is under "peer-review".

Ultimately the "hunt quiz" will get more difficult as there WILL be more obscure questions... But ultimately, I don't think anyone will care as much about the several SE lost on the Hunt Bonus when it means that the Quiz Olympics don't have any debatable questions, and that nobody will have to worry about (and get mad when) their questions are rejected for no legitimate reason other than a Mod not liking it. There won't be any point in complaining about a question, as it'll get kicked after 10 answers if it is too difficult!

This would solve ALL complaints (except where the Mod doesn't verify the correct answer), ultimately lessen the workload for the Mods, and the users of the game can dictate when a question is too "specific".

Now, the guy(s) running the game have come right out and told me that they don't monitor the Forums, and they have "lesser admins" for that. This saddens me greatly, as how are the creators of the game supposed to know what us users are thinking if they don't review the Forum, and actually SEE the problems that exist???

As such, if you agree with the above concept, I would suggest you copy it, add your thoughts, and e-mail it to info@doomlord.net

Maybe if they get people e-mailing them directly, something productive may come of it. the Forum clearly isn't the answer for change.
Dátum: 2010.04.02. 18:02:17

Maybe if they get people e-mailing them directly, something productive may come of it. the Forum clearly isn't the answer for change.
Dátum: 2010.04.02. 08:14:02
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.04.01. 22:11:55
Here is my question:

What is the first animal that humans domesticated?

Dog
Sheep
Horse
Llama

The correct answer is Dog. See:
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ab57
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication#Dates_and_places
http://www.slate.com/id/2213121/

My question was rejected as being ambiguous or wrong. It's definitely not wrong, and I don't see how it's ambiguous. Anyone see something I'm missing?

I've seen that question already in the Quiz, so if yours is being rejected, it could be because it's already in the database. Of course, since it's already in the quiz, and this particular Mod rejected it, they are obviously just screwing you over - since the question IS obviously good. Also, in marking it a Bad question, they are costing you the SE that you would have had a chance to get if you were given the chance to re-write a question (because the last attempt was in the database, you should have gotten a free re-write).

So basically, you got screwed over by the Mods. Welcome to Doomlords, where "fair" is a place with rides, and not part of the Quiz System!
Dátum: 2010.04.02. 08:12:25
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.04.01. 22:11:55
Here is my question:

What is the first animal that humans domesticated?

Dog
Sheep
Horse
Llama

The correct answer is Dog. See:
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ab57
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication#Dates_and_places
http://www.slate.com/id/2213121/

My question was rejected as being ambiguous or wrong. It's definitely not wrong, and I don't see how it's ambiguous. Anyone see something I'm missing?

I've seen that question, so if yours is being rejected, it could be because it's already in the Quiz. Of course, since it's already in the quiz, and this particular Mod rejected it, they are obviously just screwing you over - since the question IS obviously good. Also, in marking it a Bad question, they are costing you the SE that you would have had a chance to get if you were given the chance to re-write a question (because the last attempt was in the database).

So basically, you got screwed over by the Mods. Welcome to Doomlords, where fair
Dátum: 2010.03.31. 16:54:01
The line should simply be that NO question should be kicked out for being "too specific". But after 10 answers, if 3 or fewer got it right (less than 40%), then it goes to Moderation to determine if it's a fair/reasonable question; and it should be auto-kicked if it's less than 40% accuracy after 50 questions.

The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad that their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion on the matter, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

Also, Quiz Olympics questions should be taken from the pool of 50+ answers. There is nothing more frustrating in this game than the game having wrong answers in the Quiz Olympics.
Dátum: 2010.03.31. 16:51:08
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.03.31. 14:06:24
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.31. 04:15:05
The line should simply be that NO question should be kicked out for being "too specific". But after 10 answers, if 3 or fewer got it right (less than 40%), then it goes to Moderation to determine if it's a fair/reasonable question; and it should be auto-kicked if it's less than 40% accuracy after 50 questions.

The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad that their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion on the matter, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

I'll buy that as an alternate system. It's at least as good as what's there now, and definitely superior in some respects. I think it would work much better for the moderators to fix spelling and grammar errors, but I think you run afoul of some European countries' laws. My company does some online communities for European divisions of some clients, and I know there are some places where the law is that the original poster completely owns the words they posted, and you are not legally allowed to modify them. You can't even delete them (though you can hide them), as if the user ever asks for all the text they have ever posted, you have to provide it. Maybe it would work for the moderators to submit an alternate corrected version back to the user, who would have to click a button to accept the revisions. That's more complicated to code, though.

Any website I've seen that you can post on (forums etc) say that "any submitted comments become property of (the site) and may be used or edited blah, blah, blah". Actually I had a typo in a question of mine, "silimar" should have been "similar", and that was corrected by the Mods.
Dátum: 2010.03.31. 16:39:33
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.31. 07:31:17
If you combine black and red , you don't get brown , you get a darker shade of red .

Yeah, this is true... Brown is more of a dark orange than a dark red.
Dátum: 2010.03.31. 04:23:01
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.31. 02:04:55
Viridel...you don't understand...the 4 choices given with the question...do NOT have the correct answer....

It's a good question...just...invalid choices, and the wrong answer.

Follow my links and you will see what I mean.

And I'm not saying your post was wrong... Sure... Fine... It's the wrong answers, and you posted the right one. Do you know how many of those guys listed (question or correct answer) I have ever heard of? Zero. But the question was passed. If I had asked who the Canadian was who holds the record for the highest Heli-Ski, or the American who is the Worlds Fattest Man - do you think those questions would have been approved?

It's just another case of North American questions being "only a specific group would know", while Euro-centric questions get passed without much concern for the rest of the global demographic.