Szerző
Topic neve: Sugestion box
averageTamashii
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Sugestion box
61. hozzászólás - 2010.03.22. 14:22:35
Nice to have different class etc. Chose dueler and WHAM after 2 duels "so you will get a 20% penalty to your Attributes when attacking" BAM what a turn off. Don't see whats the point of being a dueler and get penalized for dueling. Yet your character already been restricted by the number of duel points.

Played so many web based games that has classes etc but none really give incentives for taking on those classes.
Pontszám: 5
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
62. hozzászólás - 2010.03.22. 23:24:41
Just look for players who can be defeated even with -10% or 20% on your attributes. If you r really a dueler character, it will be easy to find characters like this.
averageWarlord832Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
63. hozzászólás - 2010.03.23. 14:50:43
all really need to get more weapens really bad 1 or 2 weapons is not going to cut it
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
64. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 17:02:11
Just a simply suggestion to add BBC code to the links you already have for inviting people. It's not really too hard to do from what you already have but for those that are not familar with how to code it, it would be better to have a copy/paste code like this...

which is created by using the URL and IMG code - I was able to use this as a signature in a forum.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageJanValjanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
65. hozzászólás - 2010.03.27. 17:07:09
how can i join quiz competition?
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
66. hozzászólás - 2010.03.27. 18:58:52 (Válasz JanValjan #65 hozzászólására.)
You just have to click on the Quiz button and then you will see at the top end of the page : Forward to Quiz olympics - rules , entries , results .
averageQuintessence
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
We need bigger question boxes
67. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 17:19:34
Every time I tried to write some sort of a question I was very limited by maximum number of characters that you can use to write a question. Now I know that it's maximum is deliberately limited because of the amount of time that you have to solve some questions but, nevertheless, I would really hope for a 30 character bonus, at least. Spaces, stops and commas included!
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Suggestion box
68. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 22:59:17
I am new to Doomlord, but I have played similar games for quite a while. Let me start by saying so far, I enjoy Doomlord the most. Aside from the game mechanics, having the developers read and post on the forums is a huge plus. It's the reason I gave this game a try in the first place.

That said, I do have some suggestions. Apologies in advance for what is likely to be a long post.

To me, the key to a good game is having an active, engaged community of players. The quiz feature is an excellent example of this. Users submit their questions and get to see them used in the game. That means they added something to the game, and they become more emotionally engaged. I saw another suggestion for more variety in monsters, battle texts, etc. This same mechanism could be used to satisfy that user's desire. It would obviously involve a need for more moderation to review the submitted pictures and text, but as long as you have users who are willing to be the moderators (an even higher level of engagement), the same review process should work.

So far, I have seen relatively little interaction between players. There are these forums, but they seem to mostly stay pretty on topic. Nobody is just chatting with each other. Once I join a clan, perhaps I'll see some of that on the clan forum, depending on the other members of the clan. But that kind of socializing really does increase the engagement level of the players. Programming online communities for big corporations is what I do for a living, and the studies I've seen really do support this. Once people start thinking of the other players in the game as their friends and going to the game just to hang out and chat, they are more likely to be willing to spend money on the game (which is the reason for the existence of the game, after all). And even if some people stay non-premium, the fact that they are active and engaged makes other players more likely to pay. The most effective way to foster this sort of community is an in-game, real-time chat, but the forums could be leveraged better than they currently are. You link to the forums on the hunt page, but there would be a lot more activity if you displayed the most recent few posts there in addition. Once you reach a critical mass of activity, these things become self sustaining, but people need a little guidance to find these things.

Finally, a truly radical (i.e. nobody but me will like it) idea. Let me start with the story of my experience in other games. As the game matures, you lose players. That's just the nature of things. Real life gets in the way. So you need new players to replace them. But nobody likes to feel like they are so far behind that they can never catch up to the leaders, so most new players just quit immediately. Then you open up a new world, and a bunch of people jump ship from the old world to the new, where they can have a chance to be the leaders. This leaves the old world a hollow shell of itself, without the critical mass to maintain the community. It's less fun, so more people leave, and it goes into a death spiral. Now, the radical idea: set a specific expiration date for the world. After that date, it's a complete reset, and everyone starts over from the beginning again. So why even try if you know it's all going to disappear in 6 months or whatever? You give out trophies, and each player gets a trophy case page. You can get as creative as you want want with the trophies - highest level, most damage dealt, highest level pet, most quizzes answered successfully, most quiz questions approved, most quests completed, etc. Some trophies could be popularity trophies, determined by user votes - best quiz question, best user-submitted monster, best avatar, best forum poster. People will still try for the bragging rights, and you will avoid the death spiral I keep seeing. And as a side benefit, reset would provide an opportunity to put in place any tweaks you wanted. For example, if you thought that the emerald horde's ability to buy spells a level lower was too powerful, right now you're stuck. You couldn't change that without upsetting a lot of people, since they chose their horde with that ability in mind. But at a reset, you'd be free to replace that ability with something else.

That's (more than) enough for one post.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
69. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 00:08:03
Short suggestion this time: show the server time somewhere. Maybe up where it shows duel points and action points. Previous battles show in GMT or something, and with daylight savings and all, time zone conversions are a pain. Plus, your servers seem to be set a couple of minutes different from my laptop. So I've fought some duels at a penalty because I thought an hour had passed, but it hadn't quite.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
70. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 01:25:59 (Válasz ImLittleJon #69 hozzászólására.)
The server time is in the bottom right corner of every game page.
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
71. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 09:32:14
a new clan building. so a clan could raise a CLAN CREATURE. it would open a lot of new possibilities. The creature could be raised like a building. members would spend their time, energy (se) to teach the creature. they could advance in levels and learn new things, even fighting other clan creatures. we could even have a championship for them. we could buy equipments for them. and all sorts of new and interesting things...
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
72. hozzászólás - 2010.03.30. 15:44:58 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #70 hozzászólására.)
Sweet! Thanks. I never would have seen it down there. Which I guess means my suggestion should be changed to moving it up near the other information that people regularly look at. Unless that causes a javascript page-loading block, but it should be possible to code it to avoid that.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
73. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 07:34:56
Keep the Emerald horde with the ability to buy spells at a lower level . Or else
Pontszám: 4.50
averagesenokos
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Suggestion box
74. hozzászólás - 2010.03.31. 17:55:18 (Válasz ImLittleJon #68 hozzászólására.)
I am new to Doomlord as well read your post and yes i agree, we do all need help to start with knowing the basic`s ....how i got to level 2 i don`t know, all i seem to do is hunt and duel (lost more than i won lol) to me, the game`s not helping my progression, maybe the moderator`s could add a (level update) after upgrading they give a bit more info out for proggressing
irritatingelricwest
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
75. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 19:31:01
new map quests are great.....except there are more members then spots to fill...not sure how fair this is..

Just a thought
averageMagikFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
76. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 11:09:23
Would be great if there was some reward for leveling. 1 Ancient stone every 10 levels would be enough I reckon
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
77. hozzászólás - 2010.04.04. 18:11:10
When a Clan Building is built, it should be an "Event".
very popularLord DestinyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
78. hozzászólás - 2010.04.06. 17:39:21
I'm very glad with the new event, but I hope we don't need to wait for the known event from the hungarian server, because it would be usefull at most 6th level, or there will be necessary for some compensation. I hope it would be in time in the game.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
79. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 10:13:45 (Válasz Lord Destiny #78 hozzászólására.)
[off]
Lord Destiny... pityu?

[/off]
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
very popularLord DestinyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
80. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 11:15:28
No, I choose it without the knowing about the v1 player!
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!