Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.03.25. 16:24:35
Assuming you buy stones, Ciphas. If not then changing hordes is impossible. So actually a general way to play the game is to know from start what you want to be, dueler, builder, hunter... Then pick horde, skills and abilities to match that. Diamond seem nice Arakan, but only if you plan to duel a lot. If you are a player that will focus on becoming strong and win duels they are a good choice. If on the other habd, like me, want to explore a lot of the skills and features of the game, without trying to be best at dueling, saphire with its fast regeneration and potion bonus, to recover after people attacked me fast was the way to go. I am in an emerald clan but still a saphire for that reason
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 10:19:12
Idézet: Jade - 2010.03.23. 06:05:47
I just got this question

what was the time Usain Bolt ran to win the 2008 Olympics in the 100m?

I don't remember all of the times. two of them where

9.58 <-- marked correct by the writer of the question.

to which the wiki site for Usain Bolt has it as 9.68 for the olympics, and he ran a 9.58 in berlin in 2009 to beat his record so the question is wrong please change the answer thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt

Thank you for that post, i just got that question and answered it wrong (9.68). So i was right after all Admins please correct it
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 10:17:23
Idézet: Skapunkno1 - 2010.03.22. 18:32:12
Ive come across 2 questions I believe should be deleted.
1st How many days did it take god to create the earth. Not realy a fact is it?
2nd What shape is a stop sign. the answer was hexagonal. where I live they are round.
regards.

The how many days one should just be corrected to ""according to the bible""

The stop sign one needs to be removed, i agree they are way too many stop signs for all to be same shape everywhere
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 10:15:41
Idézet: Gyginrage - 2010.03.22. 17:21:16
When I joined this site it ask me questions, and got all the questions right and it said i was going to start with a upper body protection with the gems on it, and i started, and no armour, and starting loseing hitpoint right away

Look at the bottom of the screen at your main character page (where you can see your level 1 mace). There should be a section called ""armour". Breastolate of doom should be there, just click on it to equip it
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 10:04:51
As far as i know, any question that does not involve a basic feature of the game, introduced to the new player IN GAME, not the forum, is considered a special group. There is no obligation for the new players to read through the forum so they will have no idea about this type of questions.
Dátum: 2010.03.22. 05:06:50
Idézet: Jazaray - 2010.03.21. 09:57:59
I found another one! Unfortunately, I didn't copy the question It was:

What do we call evergreen?

and two of the answers were:

trees with needles
trees with leaves that stay green (or something like that)

And the trees with leaves that stay green, was marked correct. I'm sorry but (most) Evergreen trees, are trees with needles. Or, at the very least, I would say that it is trees that have leaves/needles that fall off and are replaced quickly, or something to that effect. I do know that they are not trees with leaves that stay green however.

Thanks,
Jazaray

Jazaray, evergreen are trees that never stay a part of the year without leaves. Most have needles but not all. The rest of the trees change color of their leaves before they drop them for the winter, in contrast with evergreen trees which you will never see them switching color as awhole. Some leaves are dropped but the tree remains green overall. So there is no error to the question.

On a side note, keep reporting the spelling errors you find, you have quite an eye for them, i hope the admin fixes them
Dátum: 2010.03.22. 04:56:27
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.03.21. 12:14:07
Who wrote the series, 'The wheel of time'?
J. R. R. Tolkien
Robert Jordan
J. K. Rowling
Edgar Allan Poe

The correct answer is: non of the above, the author is James Oliver Rigney, Jr, under the pen name or pseudonym Robert Jordan.

And so the answer is correct. Is not asking the real name of the author, only who wrote it.
Dátum: 2010.03.20. 18:00:57
Ah dont bother, whoever it is will only get satisfaction if you actually care. Forget it, score doesnt mean a thing, your great posts speak for themselves
Dátum: 2010.03.20. 17:59:12
About america and usa not being the same thing you are right. But the horses were introduced by europeans to the american continent, they did not exist before
Dátum: 2010.03.20. 12:28:59
I can see 3 problems with this question:

1. Most people do not know what an ip stack is. A lot do not really know what ip is.

2. Even the ones that do know, me included, might never had to test their ip stack on their local host, hence never came across that specific ip.

3. As mentioned a lot in this forum, being easy to google, doesnt mean it will pass. The above points are the evaluation criteria.

I am just mentioning these not to prove you wrong but to understand they way the evaluation works. National heroes are known by a nation AT LEAST. Sport questions also, are known by millions of funs AT LEAST. Any question that requires a specific age, profession or specialization is not the same.
Dátum: 2010.03.19. 20:06:30
Cold. Nice sensation. So this was the prenomition i had. Boar cheated time but doing so helped me cheat death. The one who sought what i hold most precious had prepared the way for my return. Although he has made it a lot more difficult than i would like, but i cant complain. So, lets see.... ice, ice, snow, ice.... Good, that completes the survey of the area. From the position of the miday moons i would guess i am north, Ghalla propaply. Well, then my lab should be due east of the great ice peaks. Walking was never my thing so i cast an animal affinity spell. 2 snow leopards appear and pull my makeshift slade.

2 days later i arrive. I never seem to get used of these temporal paradoxes.... I build this lab 50 years ago because of another prenomition, sealed it and never returned. And now i know why. But knowing that the time has come to face what i sealed inside makes me feel colder than ice could ever make me feel. I just cheated death and now i have to embrace it in order for the hill to be mine. So be it. I command the door and it opens. I enter the lab. I stay a bit at the inside of the door and breathe the cold air. Last time i will know if its cold or not.....

15 days later a form appears at the door. Its me but thats a matter of opinion. Suffice to say things have changed. I start to walk. It must be extremely cold out here. But i can only guess. I will never know cold or warm, hunger or thirst, hate or love again.

3 months later i reach the hill. I can see the throne and Boar siting there. What are those around him... Pets?? Never seen such creatures but i do not care. I start climbing. They decent on me the minute i step on the slope. And they hit with extreme force. Boar is still sitting. Still over confident i see. I fall back, 2 swords and a thing i cannot really name sticking out of my chest. I pull them out and drop them to the ground. Boy do they look puzzled. They seem to know me, their eyes showed no suprise to see me, until now. But the fun is over. I strike the one nearest to me with my hand. The blow knocks it almost dead. Not good enough.... I grab a rock and throw it at its suprised face. Thats better. The rest are coming again. They strike. Same result. My turn again.

All dead. Persistent creatures i give them that. Oh, Boar is standing looking down. Is he worried or trying to figure out who won? No matter, i drag the dead guardians out of his anti magic bubble and work fast on them. So powerfull creatures need only a few spells and they rise again as undead servants of their undead king. We all march up the hill. Boar actually manages to destroy 3 of them as soon as he figures out what they are but they get him. They hold him as i approach, my sceletal face now clearly visible. I say:"" You made sure i would die if i ever returned. Never thought i would be dead before i come, did you?"" Oh, and since you like anti magic fields so much, have one on me. They strike him down, the field dies as he faints. With it gone i cast a rune and burn it in his chest. A magic nullifier. Never will you cast again sorcerer.

They drag him away and lock him in a box. After a few days a slaver party passes within my vision and i sent for them. They come cautiously but when they realise i mean no harm they relax. They take the now powerless mage and they go. As for me i sit on my throne and look at the caravan dissapearing. As a lich, i have a lot to do, the battles have left a lot of raw materials to animate. Soon an army of undead will be guarding the hill.

MY HILL
Dátum: 2010.03.19. 19:26:43
I checked his stats but i do not know your game nick to check yours. Just one thing i noticed, did you consider the +15 attack (if he hit you) and his +12 defence (if you hit him) from his clan?
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 19:16:07
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.18. 17:04:52
In Greek Mythology what was Hercules sixth labor?
The Stymphalian Birds
The Belt of Hippolyte
The Apples of the Hesperides
The Nemean Lion

? how the hell should primary school kid know this? this is sooo special.. (and besides, this morning I got which is not Hercules labor... someone's got a crush on hercules...)

It seems they let it in because its easy to google... I must admit its hard to know but maybe the google thing is catching up in the quiz evaluation after all
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 19:09:08
Did you put points in energy harness? If yes then i think it removes the other skill, cannot have both
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 19:07:19
You have to locate the link in the legend, when you find Drakin, and click it.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 11:34:18
After reading all these i think the best solutionn would be to:

1. Discard the special group and keep only the percentage 25% rejection by the system (but i still feel it should count only after 20-30 people got a chance at the question.)

2. Questions that are silly, wrong or clearly no effort went into them still be kicked ofcourse.

3. If you get the evaluation äs incorrect (any reason) do not loose the chance to post, so no frustration due to lost se or question opportunity.

4. After a player gets a lot of question rejected, compared to good ones he post even with this system, remove his right to post for a while.

5. If he/she comes back with the same kind of silly, wrong or bad questions remove the right permanently.

6. Finally, evaluators should know each other and form a comitte to lay down the rules that ALL shall follow. Also the admin should monitor the complains and if they come a lot from the rejections due to the same evaluator, internal action sould be taken to conclude if he has strayed from the rules set.
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 11:19:34
Idézet: Mesanagrenos - 2010.03.18. 09:42:07
Unfortunately I didn't copy the question because I didn't read this topic until I was asked this question, if I see it again I'll post it exactly as it is. Anyway, the question was asking for the exact speed of light and the "correct" answer was "300000 km/s". But this is not true, the speed of light is not exactly 300000 km/s, it's something like 299792.458 km/s (and still this is not exact). I can see that you have to study physics to know that the answer is wrong but it still is. It would be better if the "exact" was replaced by "approximate".

Or just remove the exact. What is the speed of light can be answered as 300000km/s and be correct
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 20:21:19
As for your idea about 40%, is not the percentage that will prove a good question because even if the question is fine, maybe a lot of people happened to answer it wrong because they were just bored to think or find the answer. Good idea though, get rid of the special group but make a rule that after 30 answers, the 25% rule applies. Then the question for sure is too hard if between 30 random persons not even 8 got it right.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 20:09:47
Idézet: drakel velix - 2010.03.17. 19:48:51
my question was

which well known game series has a green diamond as it's symbol

Sims
Call of Duty
The Elder Scrolls
Guitar hero

How would that be unknown to anyone who has been in a video game store, because in every single one I've been in there's been a sims game or expansion pack floating around

I am not saying the question is bad but i have to admit i browse games in stores frequently and actually looked at the sims box without noticing the green diamond
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 20:08:12
Idézet: TheLion - 2010.03.17. 14:33:58
had the following quetion/answers rejected...

The Bay of Pigs Invasion was...

a US invasion of Cuba
a USSR invasion of Cuba
a Cuban-exile invasion of Cuba
a fictional book

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
The correct answer I have is "a Cuban exile invasion of Cuba" - why is this marked as an incorrect question?

Maybe because it was a cuban exile invasion but US arranged so 2 answers might be considered correct