Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
461. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 04:10:57
what game won video game of the year in 2009?

Assassin’s Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Left 4 Dead 2
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

just what the hell does uninteresting lexical knowledge mean and who the hell are these evaluators to say it's uninteresting?...no where in the quiz rules did I find anything stating that a question has to be "interesting"
Pontszám: 5.33
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
462. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 06:10:24 (Válasz Thucydides #461 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.03.15. 04:10:57

Assassin’s Creed II
Left 4 Dead 2

just what the hell does uninteresting lexical knowledge mean and who the hell are these evaluators to say it's uninteresting?...no where in the quiz rules did I find anything stating that a question has to be "interesting"

It's not interesting to the moderators, therefore you're screwed. The Mods only seem to like Geography, some Sciences and Literature.

THAT SAID - "Game of the Year" is a difficult discussion as there are 35000 different magazines and websites (give or take), any-or-all of whom could select a different title. If you asked "Which was PC Gamer's 2009 Game of the Year", it would still be uninteresting and lexical to the only people who seem to matter (and in case I'm not being clear, it's obviously the players that don't matter), but the question would be a lot more accurate.
Pontszám: 2.33
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
463. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 11:53:21 (Válasz Viridel #460 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.15. 02:14:39
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.14. 22:43:15
I really wish that either ONE Evaluator did the evaluating or they all got together and set a solid decisive set of rules on what is and is not an acceptable question, because I just got this

How many movies, worldwide, have been made based on the Holy Bible?

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

From them, when I just resubmited it, since the first time it was submited it was rejected due to a spelling error, which indicates that it was an acceptable question to the person who looked at it that time.

Expecially when the question "In the Bible, who killed Abel" was considered an acceptable question, one which I have answered several times.

To me it seems like the evaluators are just not all together on what they find acceptable, considering my question has a much broader source (Movies based on the Bible), where as the accepted question has a much more limited source (A single section of the bible).

No, this is just a bad question. If I shoot a movie in my basement, does that count? What if I make a DVD of it and give it to a video store? And how do you define "based on the bible"? Any film where a character goes "God damn it!" or "Jesus Christ!" has a biblical element. Beyond that - worldwide? You know what's going on in some film studio in Nowhereville, North Korea? Lastly, this non-confirmable number is constantly changing, meaning the question is possibly obsolete the day it's approved.

And very lastly - in an international game, let's keep religion out of it completely - things are always more harmonious with less religion involved, not more.

My irritation isn't so much at the fact that it was rejected, but that the question that gave me the idea for that question, was approved and it is much more specific yet mine is considered something that only a "Special Group of people would know the answer".

I'm only really irritaded that they're not being consistant on what is and is not allowed as a question. Hell I know it's specific knowledge, I had to fuckin look it up myself.
Pontszám: 2.33
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
464. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 19:17:27 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #437 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.03.14. 04:18:31
That would probably be rejected for the same reason.

It would not confuse things to change it into a question. I have seen several of them myself. The latest one I remember was: Which city has the NFL team "Colts"?

If you don't want the advice on how to get your questions accepted, why bother to post? Many of the players around here want to see you get your SE reward. We want to see the database get better. We are trying to help.

Hey Gemeni, guess what:

Your last question
Scientist - Albert ______?

Glickstein
Rhinestein
Einstein
Jacobstein

1 good and 0 bad answers have arrived for this question.

In other words, I just proved my case. The Quiz Admins are racist ass holes.
Pontszám: 4.20
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
465. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 20:26:43 (Válasz Viridel #464 hozzászólására.)
Or you just proved that Einstein is far more known to the world than the name of the team from NFL
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
466. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 20:28:57 (Válasz Thucydides #461 hozzászólására.)

Assassin’s Creed II
Left 4 Dead 2

Re post the question, i feel if another evaluator gets it will pass, its certainly a very interesting quetion. Especially for a game site. Do not give up But watch the language, no need for that, even at your justified level of frustration
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.15. 20:30:49-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
467. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 22:55:07 (Válasz stekkos #466 hozzászólására.)
Re post the question, i feel if another evaluator gets it will pass, its certainly a very interesting quetion. Especially for a game site. Do not give up But watch the language, no need for that, even at your justified level of frustration

Perhaps people would be more inclined to watch their language if it appeared that the game admins were interested in what people were saying.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
468. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 05:27:04 (Válasz Viridel #467 hozzászólására.)
As far as they demonstrated up to now, they are interested. Do not misunderstand their lack of posts as not caring. They usually read and apply things without informing about it, especially when questions are involved. If a player is right, they correct it, I have seen many examples of questions at the quiz changing after posts from players without an admin saying: ""We will change that""

After all, good manners and language are not a matter of someone else. Its up to each of us to keep it civil. And as i said to Thucydides, that includes the time we are angry because they did something wrong, being right doesnt justify being rude. The most it can achieve is for the admins to focus on the bad language than on the problem at hand.
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
469. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 06:43:59 (Válasz stekkos #466 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.15. 20:28:57

Assassin’s Creed II
Left 4 Dead 2

I'm sorry Stekkos I didn't realize hell would be considered a bad word
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
470. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 07:03:51 (Válasz Viridel #464 hozzászólására.)
Then I would guess you had a different evaluator on the scientist question. I would not imply any bias from it.
irritatingFLO2
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
471. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 15:24:51 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Please note that our program has a built-in bad word filter. It is possible that you write a question, but the bad word filter doesn't allow it to be submitted. Find the omitted word, and replace it.)

Time and time again, In the hunt,questions have had mispelled words, maybe it time for a new filter.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
472. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 19:37:49 (Válasz Thucydides #469 hozzászólására.)
Thucydides, it was not such a bad word, the tone was the thing i tried to point out. Actually i should apologize also for not being clear
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
473. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 21:05:05
ahh I see...funny thing about the net....tone can't possibly be portrayed properly....IF there is a place to sign up to be an evaluator for the quiz questions I will volunteer.
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
474. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 14:33:58
had the following quetion/answers rejected...

The Bay of Pigs Invasion was...

a US invasion of Cuba
a USSR invasion of Cuba
a Cuban-exile invasion of Cuba
a fictional book

The correct answer I have is "a Cuban exile invasion of Cuba" - why is this marked as an incorrect question?
very popularRasputinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
475. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 16:37:58
Which of the following sets of words are antonyms?

close/open
close/clothes
close/shut
close/toes

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Antonyms are words that are opposites. The opposite of close is open. I open the door. I close the door. I do not understand why this is amgiguous or wrong.

The response i got to my inquiry was "delete" Now I am more confused.
A hozzászólást Rasputin módosította 2010.03.23. 17:10:37-kor
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
476. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 19:48:51
my question was

which well known game series has a green diamond as it's symbol

Sims
Call of Duty
The Elder Scrolls
Guitar hero

How would that be unknown to anyone who has been in a video game store, because in every single one I've been in there's been a sims game or expansion pack floating around
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
477. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:02:11 (Válasz Rasputin #475 hozzászólására.)
delete
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2010.03.17. 20:03:37-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
478. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:05:18 (Válasz drakel velix #476 hozzászólására.)
What was the evaluation you were given?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
479. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:08:12 (Válasz TheLion #474 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: TheLion - 2010.03.17. 14:33:58
had the following quetion/answers rejected...

The Bay of Pigs Invasion was...

a US invasion of Cuba
a USSR invasion of Cuba
a Cuban-exile invasion of Cuba
a fictional book

The correct answer I have is "a Cuban exile invasion of Cuba" - why is this marked as an incorrect question?

Maybe because it was a cuban exile invasion but US arranged so 2 answers might be considered correct
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
480. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:09:47 (Válasz drakel velix #476 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: drakel velix - 2010.03.17. 19:48:51
my question was

which well known game series has a green diamond as it's symbol

Sims
Call of Duty
The Elder Scrolls
Guitar hero

How would that be unknown to anyone who has been in a video game store, because in every single one I've been in there's been a sims game or expansion pack floating around

I am not saying the question is bad but i have to admit i browse games in stores frequently and actually looked at the sims box without noticing the green diamond
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője