Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 06:28:32
Idézet: slayer66 - 2010.05.27. 23:10:02
the ppl who run this game are bias against americans, good luck getting any question approved if your american, because the morons that run this game will say it a bad question no matter what it is. i'm so happy i don't pay to play.......

There are a LOT of US History questions in the quiz (far more so than any other single nation). The double standard is clearly in the Sporting realm.

There are no double standarts. Granded, questions about soccer get more accepted but that is due to the fact is an international, not European game. Now questions about specific european clubs were a bit too freely accepted at first, now the same rules apply regardless the sport, as mentioned in the topic about the quiz rules.

And to add to Viridels very good comment about history, include also US made films, US authors, US scientists and breakethroughs, US geography. If i post about my countrys presidents or films, they will be considered special questions. I accept that not as bias, racism and the rest of accusations people throw around this forum. It is a fact that my countries history, geography, culture and the such are not so well known to the world as the US facts.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 04:37:53
Idézet: dreema - 2010.05.27. 23:16:53
Ok plz tell me..

finish this sentance. Snow White and the ______ _____ ....

1) Love Boat
2) Seven Dwarfs
3) Gap Band
4) Looking glass

why was this not accepted?? it does say there is a spelling mistake.. onlly thing i can see maybe sentance that may be wrong.. BUT for gods sake there are so many in quiz that is not even close to be a correct sentance. every quiz I try gets shot down because A evaluator either does not like the question or deems it not interesting.. Or in this case a spelling mistake. Ok be picky as hell, I can live with that but than go through ALL the current quizzes and delete half of them for NOT correct sentances or ONLY a specific group of people may know the answer.. Thats right over half of the quiz questions that I have seen are like that.. I have even called on my friends that are twice as smart as I am and even more smarter probally(they have some major degrees) and they are like the average person will NOT know that answer and that question is not a correct sentance.. Yes I am pissed atm for the biased evaluating. How do some of these questions get passed when they are specific in a area of knowledge that you have to majored in or you and only a very few may know it(that falls into"Only a specific group".. At the moment I just may say hell with this game due to this 1 major problem. I am sure many people have quit this game or may quit this game due to the unfairness or if you not in(friends/guild/a evaluator) with these people that do the evaluation.. Really tired of my average decent questions that people over all may know the answers get shot down..

With this I just say do the right thing. Stop being biased and let other people get some minor rewards not just a specific group of people..Sorry it just seems that way. I have red thru most all the negative post about this subject and it seems this is a MAJOR PROBLEM.. Do something or see a decent game go to maybe a under average game at best... Well to who ever cares about this game I hope the best and wish you luck in getting a quiz question accepted..

Look, sentence IS spelled wrong. The fact that other questions passed with spelling errors is not an excuse. Furthermore that question is already in the database so no point re submitting. You did not loose your question, use it to post something else.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 13:34:13
We are not trying to cover every detail of the quiz, just to give enough information in order to reject as few questions as possible. Science therefore can follow the same rules like history or geography: Any science field is accepted as long as the answers dont involve being well studied into the subject to know it. It is not limited to highschool, ofcourse the higher level you go, the more difficult will be to find a question falling into that guideline.

One exception is current events. If current you mean something happening now, a few months down the road it will be history. So treat it like you are posting a history question.

The lexical and spelling issues have been adressed in the other post explaining what some of the evaluations mean.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 04:35:02
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.26. 20:26:01
What war did Muhammad Ali (aka Cassius Clay) participate in?
World War II
Vietnam War
Korean War
None, he was a Conscientious Objector

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Ok... Fill me in on what I'm missing here.

Nothing, this is a good question. Let me check what happened and i promise i will let you know
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 04:19:18
Ofcourse is correct, the lexical knowleadge evaluation is not for removing the chance to learn something. Is to prevent the quiz flooding with questions that have no real value. If someone asks what is the atmosphere of Jupiter mainly made from, thats something good to learn. If he asks what is the 4th most abundant gas in the atmosphere of Jupiter, thats lexical knowleadge. It is a fact that some could find usefull ofcourse, but in general most people will not gain anything by knowing.

The special group is for limiting the range of how deep someone can go in a subject. There are people that know every little detail about some subjects because they really like that subject. Thats to be expected. But going into too much details will make other people, especially ones that hate the subject, complain why they have to bother finding that sort of detail in order to get a good answer on the hunts. Example: Asking about Harry Potter, lets say what is the name of his magic school. Thats ok, someone that does not like harry potter (me included ) propably has seen that name somewere, is a well known book and movie series. But asking what color is the baby dragon appearing in book/movie X is too much to ask since only those that read the book or watched the film AND payed attention to that detail will know. I admit there have been mistakes in evaluating good questions as special and vise versa, thats what we are trying to fix.
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 10:26:17
Ok heres a personal (not involving the rest of the evaluators) sugestion: I will open a topic that i will mention the reasons i rejected a question, including spelling mistakes.
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 10:24:33
Well you have my vote

I know the show but never watched it.... Regardless of anyone caring about the actual show is a good trivia
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 04:42:01
I just posted a draft of the evaluation guidelines in the rules and updates area. Check it out and say what you believe. As for the specific question, i agree also it should not have passed. It is special for the same reason as the ones rejected about detailed rules of baseball: Only those well into the subject can have an idea what the correct answer is.

And Viridel, no topic is excluded. When i mentioned a few posts back that a lot of players have 100 questions passed, they post about everything, including baseball, hockey and NFL. They just do it within the accepted limits of the quiz. There is nothing wrong with those topics, as there is nothing wrong with chemistry. But, like the example above, limits have to exist.
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 04:30:30
Here is a first draft of what will be, finally, the guidelines for evaluators when looking at questions. Also these will help anyone starting the game decide what type of questions to post.

1. Sport questions: You can post about any sport, as long as the question deals with casual info. So Asking about the size of the playing field, what is a home run, how many players in a team, what is an offside, what is the baseball referee wearing, what is a quarterback are examples of the maximum details of any sport rules that will be accepted. And ALWAYS mention the sport you are referring to. If you post on players, dont ask where they play, that changes very often so no real value comes from knowing. Also questions about teams should be restricted to the major clubs of any country.

2. Literature: Due to many justified complaints about the ""Who wrote that"" type of questions flooding the quiz, they will no longer be accepted. Only books that have been translated and circulate widely in English are accepted for any other kind of questions. Main character questions are ok (names, country the events take place, etc), more detailed questions like how many children they have in the book, what is the name of their pet etc are not accepted

3. History: Events from any part of the world are ok as long as they had a major impact at least on one nation or country. Inventions, wars, natural disasters, politics, anything is good as long as it follows that rule. Example of bad question: ""What year did the 12th president of X country died"" Dates should be widely spaced, so if something happened at 1809, put as answers at least (approximate suggestions)1830, 1809, 1821, 1789, not 1809, 1810, 1808,1807. The idea is that a player that has some idea of the event to make an educated guess, not scroll through google to find the date.

4. Geography: Capitals of the world have enough questions, so please dont post about any capitals any more. Anything else should be ok, again do not go into details like what is the second largest forest in Europe. The largest anything in a county/continent will be the limit

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

So, please post your comments in the quiz evaluation debate area, say what you thing about it and any changes you propose. Do not debate about the need to have such guidelines, that is a given. Use the forum to shape its final form please.
Dátum: 2010.05.25. 12:57:25
Well i am one of those evaluating and i am very well aware that the elbow is the one without the hole
Dátum: 2010.05.25. 12:54:56
Idézet: Nemesis 666 - 2010.05.23. 21:46:06
In mathmatics, Pi, in short, equals what?

Does anyone else see the issue here? If so, you are overqualified to be a moderator too!

Now theres a good point, that is exactly the type of question i would reject as too special. Not because is asking about Pi, but due to the answers 2 and 3
i do not thing an evaluator passed that one, players also sometimes get ot evaluate....
Dátum: 2010.05.24. 18:08:32
Idézet: Htwogtwo - 2010.05.24. 16:27:49
Which of the following is not a song by The Who?

Behind Blue Eyes
Pinball Wizard
Who Are You
Everlong

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

We are talking about one of the most famous rock groups of the last 40+ years, not some obscure one hit wonders!! and just to make matters worse I get this in my events....

"Attention: Please try to ask respondable questions, and take care to mark the good answer. If you do not take care, you may lose the opportunity to write questions in the future, and you may also lose the opportunity to acquire soul energy this way."

I got the same warning and asked about it. Its just an automated message when you hit a certain ammount of bad questions. It does not mean you are close in loosing your right ot post.
Dátum: 2010.05.24. 17:50:45
I agree with you also, but it doesnt hurt to check these few points, who knows
Dátum: 2010.05.24. 14:23:55
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.24. 07:15:09
I have a question regarding duels, the faq states that two evenly matched players should should each win around 50% of the duels between them. There is one player that have the same weapon and spell as me, and all abilities within one or two points difference, mine being the higher, (he does have a higher execution level than me). He has attacked me several times, and won every single encounter (only one of them to execution).
Being in sapphire horde he should hit harder than me, but he does not only hit harder, he hits more frequently as well, as does his pet, he rarely misses while I, and my pet, miss at least half the time. The normal outcome of the encounters is that he has caused around 2 times the damage I have.

I can't see his hatred level, but it must be very high if it is the cause for this difference, and his duel victories does not suggest that he has hatred to my horde.

So what can be causing this difference?

Please post the names of both you and the player you attack. Its the only way to answer your question since i have to see personally all the aspects of both of you.
Dátum: 2010.05.24. 14:22:29
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.05.23. 20:40:42
Hi Stekkos

Yep happens even when i attack the lowest level im able to attack L14, heres an example from previous page i posted from yesterday.

Duel 1 - againast a player 2 levels below me with LOW skills - The mental explosion spell flows from your hands. (-70 SP). XXXX tries a backflip. He takes only 45 damage. . XXX waves a hand and you are the target of the spell frost bolt. He deals 96 damage.

Duel 2 - against a player 2 levels higher but 10 less IQ and 20 less Thurm - XXX incants a(n) energy spheres spell while running in your direction. You roll over to evade the spell. You take only 22 damage. There is quite a distance between you, so you can quickly invoke the mental explosion spell. (-70 SP). XXXX is rolling over to evade. He takes only 40 damage.

Duel 3 - Against a player 1 level higher, didnt bother scrying but he was resting. The lips of XXX move silently and a(n) frost bolt is forming in an instant. You roll over to evade the spell. You take only 18 damage. You cast a(n) mental explosion spell while running. (-70 SP). You deal 143 damage

Ive started noticing it over the last few weeks, no one else in my clan is having same problem but i keep noticing it on myself. I do have a browser issue which maybe has something to do with it, for some reason my browser posts double posts, if i send a mail thru system it sends it twice, sometimes if i hunt it gives me 2 hunts for 1 AP etc so maybe its realted to this issue somehow.

cheers

Seems you have a legitimate point. Only a game administrator can help clarify this. Personally i never noticed a difference afte rest but it could be just you. Some things to try:

1. If you have dimension gate, try attacking a monster rigth after rest. Does the same thing happens?
2. Equip a different spell, either lower or wait until you can buy a higher one. Then try to see if it changed anything
3. Do not rest for a day, leave your character regenerating normally at night, and see what happens on the first attacks you do NEXT DAY.
Dátum: 2010.05.23. 13:12:43
Since all players in a clan can access the dimension gate, no need for you to sell what they willl get eventually. Plus the luck factor (the higher your luck, the more items you get) drives players to build for the clan in order to increase it and get the rewards.
Dátum: 2010.05.23. 13:09:27
Well they are checked for spelling, but due to the number of questions submitted some will slip. Thats why its good for players to report them
Dátum: 2010.05.23. 13:07:02
No one else reported such a thing, could be a bug but if it is it means you have it only or the rest didnt realise. This happens no matter who you attack?
Dátum: 2010.05.23. 09:31:08
Look, you cannot compare all the other subjects you mentioned with the case of your question. A level 1 player has NO WAY of finding out the answer. Only when he reaches the level of soul huckster that the stone is available or if he starts browsing players gear in case someone has it equip he might get it. Thats why is not good, not because its a hard question.
Dátum: 2010.05.23. 04:46:53
Shall i just point out i immediadely said it will not come to that, it was just a thought i had personally due to the sports situation? Or will that cause another complain? You just like to complain Viridel, period. Sports make up the most of the complains around the quiz and ImLittleJon asked specific about them. It was not a general discussion about all of the subjects.

And yes we like to think. We like considering how we can reject less questions. If you feel that is wrong, without even seeing the results (since no actual decision has been posted) its your perogative.

But while you stopped posting questions and fill up the forum with complains, other players, who do point out wrong things also but dont just wait for things to work exactly as they like, have 70, 80 even 100 questions good running in the quiz.