Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Phalanxii

Oldal: 1234567891011
Dátum: 2010.12.09. 14:07:40
Before Titanic was released, what was the highest grossing movie in the United States?
Star Wars <-- right
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Independence Day

How are we supposed to find out for the united states only? Different sites say different things too...

Wikipedia say's it was Jurassic Park
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Timeline_of_highest- grossing_films

This one says it was Star Wars after having been re-released
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080731211417AA0UAOq

This one says it was star wars the first time round
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/

This one says Jurassic Park, then Independance day
http://top--10.blogspot.com/2010/10/top-10-highest-earning-hollywood- movies.html

Either way, to be sure of the right answer, it takes more than 5 minutes to work it out.

EDIT: I don't think they have time to correct grammatical errors. These are the international servers and although I agree grammar and spelling should be correct, I prefer the developers to make new events instead of spending hours correcting grammar which might even be difficult for them (with English not being their first language). As long as they clear up the ones that are wrong, I'm happy.
Dátum: 2010.12.08. 13:48:11
Why don't you just edit your previous post if you find another bad question and someone hasn't already posted?

I don't think Zidane is likely to come back to football "at any time". Maybe a few charity matches, but international and league football is pretty much out of the question. Moreover, asking the question in the past tense suggests he is dead!

Which of these medieval countries did not have a monarch?
France
England
Spain
Venice <-- right

Venice isn't a country and I don't think it ever was... It's always been a part of Italy.
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 20:53:38
The Pythagorean theorem belongs to which science field?
Mathematics <-- right
Paleontology
Archeology
Physics

Is mathematics even a science? It's misleading, since pythagorean theorem is used a lot in mechanics which is both a branch of physics and mathematics. Badly needs a delete.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 23:47:46
I thought it was strange when I was losing duels I normally won when I just realized my saved equipment had my old spell! I have 3 equipment sets; healing, hunting and epic battles and the only difference between them is the rings and necklaces I have equipped. However, I realized today that it's actually quite difficult to make small changes to your equipment: You have to delete the dress and create a new one.

That's a faff, is there any way we can have an 'edit dress' button instead of delete a dress. On this screen, you would see a list of your items (equipped and unequipped and you could simply drag and drop (or some other mechanism) to swap around equipment.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 16:06:18
And what of my reward for writing the adventure? I think that's what the tick is for, especially since I can now write another adventure, indicating the last one has gone through...
Dátum: 2010.12.05. 23:50:00
My events tab went red, I clicked on it and I had a tick with no summary/explanation why. I think it's because the adventure I wrote got accepted, though I've had no reward and under the 'adventures I have written' part, it's status is accepted but there is no score.
Dátum: 2010.12.03. 21:00:05
The whole point of things like 1 quiz question = 2 answers is so that it makes the quiz faster. If you purchase the option, you will definitely not suffer. In fact, your overall quiz question success rate should improve, since you have more time to spend on each question so more time to get it right.

If you hunt 100 times, and answer 100 questions, you might get 80/100 right. If you had that acceleration option with the copper key of knowledge, and you hunt 400 time, answering 100 questions, you will still get 80/100 (or more) right.

So, buying this is a comfort function (though I'm not sure on the steep cost of soul diamonds required) makes perfect sense if you're struggling to find the time to play the game (I spend more time answering questions than anything else!)

(Sorry for the off topic conversation)
Dátum: 2010.12.03. 17:27:18
Well if you know it's the first Friday of every month, you can plan what level you will be and therefore which category. If you play your cards right you can be the one 6-7-8 levels above the poor guy who didn't look up his category! And there is greater variation at the higher levels anyway- though I do agree that 8 levels is a little extreme.

Lumping together people with similar abilities isn't a great idea... Think about a level 30 with 1k attributes going up against a level 60 with 1.1k attributes!
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 17:28:10
You should get soul diamonds? It's another way to get soul diamonds which are otherwise fairly hard to come by.
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 17:26:56
True.

Say it was for the hunt 15 lesser creatures, with a high luck, I could do that in 100AP instead of 200AP (2 days instead of 4) and every 2 days on average a quest gets completed, so doing this option could mean you complete 2 quests in the time it takes someone to do 1. So yes, you might lose 5% SE from hunts, but is that SE worth more or less than a quest? If possible, you wouldn't be negating the effects of luck, simply better at targeting a specific type of monster (+10% boost to getting that monster)

I don't know. But the option could still be there for when the "Kill a dragon by hunting!" quest comes up. The premium/non premium HP regeneration sounds good, or you can also do it like trapping does (at level 20 in spectral manipulation, you can specify a monster type to trap).
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 16:38:41
Then doesn't the description need to be changed?
It's the last line on the map page.

Or are you saying if you don't get 10 pieces on any of the items (even a power 3 item) then you get nothing?

EDIT: oh right, I didn't know that! I guess it's a pretty theoretical limit for most players though? I remember only getting something like 17 map pieces last time (though I don't know how much of an effect levels/number of followers will have)
Dátum: 2010.12.02. 16:06:09
BabeTheOx, as long as you earn over 10 pieces, the power of the relic will not be affected by the number of pieces you personally collected. It is ALL down to the results of all the followers collated.

What I don't understand is that there is so much balance to this event where is the competition? If every factor is accounted for and balanced, doesn't that mean that all the soul-hucksters should (in theory) finish bang on identical to each other? Even if one is supported 10 times more, it could still finish last by randomness?

This probably won't happen, because the balance won't be perfect and some factors may be wrongly balanced, but is that what you are trying to achieve? Perfect balance?

"If you place 3rd, and find only 3 pieces, you get a medallion of doom"
3 pieces = 2 powers less. Does that mean everyone will get at least a medal of doom, even if you finish fourth with 3 pieces found?
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 23:15:22
Does anyone know what happens at level 5?

"Aktuális TP kiírása a karakter képe alatt"

Google translate says:
Print the current character image during the TP.
http://vegzetur.wikidot.com/szint

Does it mean you're able to share your battles?
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 23:56:42
Ahh. I never thought of it like that...

I've gone with the belt anyway, since the benefits from it will last forever, while the skills will only last until 1000-2000.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 23:28:58
^ At least edit it again to shorten the post!

Suggestion: It's a fairly core aspect of the game to interfere with, but killing epic's should contribute a little bit more towards a clan than they do (in terms of direct benefit to the clan). For instance, after every epic monster killed, a clan's soul-well capacity increases by 1k. This makes the epic battles a little more epic, since the 4k SE that goes into the soul-well is less than I can channel from just a normal dimension gate monster (2k * 3 with building = 6k).

A clans strength should be reflected by a number of things, instead of just how much soul-energy they put into building, and I think that the number of epic's killed is a good indicator of the quality of the clan. So if my way won't work, can you make the battles more important some other way? At least making the rewards +10k more SE or something like that.

EDIT: In case it doesn't already, when you have a quest to hunt down lesser monsters, can you change it so that the higher the luck, the greater the chance to find lesser monsters? To combat this, when there is a quest to find greater monsters, luck has even more of an effect. It just makes sense that you're luckier to find what you're looking for which is normally big monsters, but not always.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:32:13
It depends completely on your status in the game. At the highest levels, SE is harder to come by since most people are very careful with their SE whereas if you are borderline with everyone and there is plenty of SE to go around, then yes, the trade skill would be very helpful.

When dueling is not so profitable, i think the +hunt is the best but will probably do pretty badly this time round since its big success last time (speaking for world 2 only).
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 20:42:38
That's like saying the +3% to hunts is rubbish... I mean an extra 30k for a million SE from hunting?
We're all beggars here, that 30k SE makes all the difference. It's what I love about this game, there are so many variables that there's no way anyone will master it. Therefore, if you make a mistake, you can still catch up to your competitors.

I don't understand the logic behind the +30 trade keeps increasing? Those items actually cost you more, though they will help you win more battles if that's what you mean. However, the belt, will that effect not increase? Say you're at level 100, it costs 9900 SE (no ultraspec or anything else) and you get the 3% discount, that's 9603 SE (297 SE saved). Then at level 145, it costs 20925SE, 20297 with the belt (728 SE saved).

I did go for trade last time though (wish I went for the +SE from hunts) and got +20 so I won't bother going with that again.

EDIT: Also, note than different people from different servers will vote differently.
For example, the horn won last time on server 2, meaning it is unlikely to come 1st the second time round. On server 1 or 3, it may be a different case with it coming last (or something similar with different items). So I wouldn't trust this data too easily...
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 12:37:24
What is NOT a color of a diamond?
Yellow
Red <-- right
Black
Blue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond#Color
In order of rarity, colorless diamond, by far the most common, is followed by yellow and brown, by far the most common colors, then by blue, green, black, translucent white, pink, violet, orange, purple, and the rarest, red.

Which of these is not a programming language?
Turing <-- right
Basic
Java
C#

I think there is already a similar question in the database, but if you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages then you'll see quite clearly that turing, basic, java and C# are under this list of programming languages.
Dátum: 2010.11.29. 02:11:43
Idézet: trouble - 2010.09.27. 03:30:03
the administrators are not even bothering to reply at the suggestions given by players.

Can I just ask you... how many games have you played where it has been this easy to suggest changes to the game, and how many games have you played where these suggestions and modifications are actually carried out? Insulting the people you're trying to sell an idea to isn't the way I'd go about it, but hey, good luck.
Dátum: 2010.11.26. 23:34:38
I seem to have lost some ducats!

I bought the sparkling ring for 164 ducats on the 11.10.2010, leaving me with 0 ducats. Since then, every day I have worked in the auction house for one ducat (no items sold) and the date is now 26/11/2010. That means I should have 14 ducats and I actually have 5. I know it was on 11 just a few days ago but it is now 5... what has happened? I haven't bid on anything so I don't understand.
Oldal: 1234567891011