Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2012.12.12. 07:47:56
@Borecdan

If you read the original post you will see that the "cake" Miklos is talking about is not the normal "cake", but special "Christmas cake". Whereas normal "cake" restores quite a lot of HP, "Christmas cake" instead gives you (100*(1.5+character level/40)*character level) SE every time you consume a "Christmas cake".

In wintery Doomland, Christmas cake is less filling than normal cake, but gives more energy.

Happy Holidays!
Dátum: 2012.12.06. 13:52:07
I think there is a very important thing to take into consideration here. Things have changed. When Doomlord was released there was a lot of annoying spelling mistakes in the game, and they were not corrected for a long time. Some of these mistakes stayed in the game for more than a year after they were pointed out. Also, there was no Customer support, and getting help with bugs in the game could take days or even weeks trying to get attention on the forums or through mail to Beholder.
This is not how things are these days. Spelling/grammatical errors get corrected much faster. The Customer support works very good (seriously, try it out if you have some problem with things not working as they should). All, in all, things are actually better now in Doomlord than they used to be.
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 16:21:50
Idézet: ardent - 2012.12.05. 11:32:48
Cruel also mentioned the DG quest related to finding 5 monsters that use a mace ... Now I am asking the programmer that wrote the code: "DUDE, did you even put those kind of monsters in the DG ???? ..... " I used 72 DG points and haven't encountered a single one, now what are the odds of that happening? The way I see it, there are 2 possible situations here: 1) You "forgot" to put those in there or the code was implemented with errors ( whatever ) OR 2) The tool-tip is wrong and you meant to say something like "Kill 5 creatures in the DG while wearing a mace" ... The second option makes more sense BUT it seems too easy for the last tire of quests in the Dread Pyramid so the only logical conclusion is that it's the first situation.... You would probably say I was unlucky and didn't find one BUT was Cruel unlucky too ?

I did not do that task, but as I read it you are supposed to defeat 5 of the special DG creatures (the ones that comes every 10 DG battles) using a mace (the level 1 weapon). But the translation is really bad.
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 08:25:38
Actually, as the system stands now, the penalty is even less since it is 8h per RD after the first 3. So Cruel was penalized (7-3)=4*8h=32h. Or a day and a half.

One thing that I notice looking at the event after finishing it (with 8 RD if anyone is interested) is that the major reward is actually from finishing the pyramid, not getting into the top 15. Sure, the reward for top 15 is a little extra, but the major reward comes from the different tier prices: Subplasma and Archgem detector (Relics), Chain of Dread (necklace), 4 Relic coupons, 2 Catalyst essence, 20 AA points, and the Mask of Dread (a Relic, not a Helmet).
Dátum: 2012.12.04. 12:20:33
Some more thought about the event and about repeating it (I assume it will be repeated):
Limiting decrees to real-time is one way of getting things more under control. Other ways include:
- Different limits on different levels of the pyramid, going for less and less the further up you go. Maybe 3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1?
- Change the event radically. Instead of having the entire pyramid lasting 30 days, have each level last a set time, with the next level not opening until the time pass. So the first level lasts for 2 days, and only after that people can start on level 2. After each level there is a top list, and the score is then totaled in the end (somehow).

And when the event is repeated the tasks should be changed. Otherwise everyone will just save up "the right resources" and finish it far to fast.
Dátum: 2012.12.04. 09:24:39
Small complaint: Just got a Newsletter from Beholder about this event. Would it not be better to send out such a Newsletter before the event started instead?
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 20:13:50
You can start doing Challenges from level 30. It is a 3-round match against another player, competing in how high skills you have.
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 17:29:12
I agree with you Ardent that the implementation is far from perfect, but I think statements like that Trackur did are quite pointless. Just saying that "the event sux", and not say why you think so does nothing for the game.

And the Archgem works. Did you see that you have to "turn them on" under settings?

I strongly agree about the "AS race". I understand why there should be Royal decrees in the Pyramid, but 3 per level? And such a low penalty for using more than 3? Somehow I think that 2 (or even 1) RD/level of the Pyramid would have been more approriate, and perhaps having a penalty of 25 points per decree above 2 used for the entire Pyramid (so when using your 3rd RD and above, you would only gain 1/2 points per task).
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 14:52:59
Idézet: Trackur - 2012.12.03. 14:41:39
Welp, it's been a few days now and I have decided that this event sux. just my opinion.

What do you mean this event sux?
That it takes more resources than you gain to be on top?
That the general format of the event is badly designed?
Something else?

Because I can agree with you on the sentiment that you have to be a very strong player and invest a lot of resources to be on top, to such a level that I expect it to be a resource-loss to end up in the top.
But I do not agree that the event is in general badly designed. Even for the casual player, there are some nice rewards, even the possibility to exchange some SE for AS (by using SE for decree you could potentially do the first 4 rows, getting you 50 AS).
Dátum: 2012.12.03. 13:21:49
Doomlord is a nice game, but from time to time players run into things they do not understand, or things that are just wrong.
So, how do players like that complain in a manner that is helpful (both to themselves and the Doomlord development team)?
Having been around here for some time, I just want to share my experience and opinion about how to best go about this.

Option A: Complain silently in front of their computer, thinking "This is stupid!"
Result: In game, none whatsoever, although you as a player might feel better.
When to use: Never

Option B: Write a post about in on the Clan Forums
Result: Depends. If you are lucky a Clan mate will be able to help you, or just be supportive in general.
When to use: Whenever you want to complain about the b**** stealing all your SE, any time you think your clan mates can help you.

Option C: Write a post on the Forums
Result: Hopefully another player can help you finding the information you need, and if the information is not available someone from Beholder might be able to help.
When to use: Whenever you have a question that is of general interest.

Option D: Use Beholder Costumer service (Help button top right of your screen while playing)
Result: Expect help with 48 hours (often less), and either an answer or a fix to your problem.
When to use: Whenever you have some problem directly related to your character. This could be a bug that affects your character (Item not awarded to you, pets not gaining skill points as they should), something affecting your account (payments, banned), or affecting your play (you think someone is cheating, information you need is not to be found anywhere).

In all cases, try to
a) find the information you need yourself first.
b) be constructive and precise in your complaint and always include all relevant information (Character name and World)

Examples:
You win an Auction in the Auction house, but do not get the item. In this case the best way to complain is Option D: Contact Customer service. Be sure to include all relevant information.

Another player steals SE from you all the time. Option B: Clan forums is probably your best bet. Hopefully your clan mates can give you some tips and perhaps even support.

Playing the game you realize the interface is just weird in some place. Option C: Forums would be a good place to bring that up, since it would affect everyone playing the game.

Happy gaming all!
Dátum: 2012.12.02. 12:18:01
Settings -> Use Archgem during hunt
Dátum: 2012.12.01. 22:08:38
The Stimulator only works for Familiars (the special pets you buy for 100 AS each), not for all Pets.
Dátum: 2012.12.01. 19:36:37
That particular Relic is a bit odd. It is automatically used when you buy it, and never makes it into your Inventory. Also, it can be used as many times as you would like.

In other words, if you look at the level (base level) of your Familiar(s), it should be the same as your level if you bought it. No need to "use" it after buying it.
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 18:57:55
You either farm special essences or get the "essence convertor" Relic from the soul-huckster that lets you transform 4 essences of any kind into one Catalyst essence.
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 17:19:02
Because you do not have a Catalyst essence (from the special category).
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 14:01:48
"The first 2 levels can be completed even by a beginner player, but later levels will need experience (for level 3-5 of the pyramid, you will need to be at least level 25-30, for level 6-7, you need to be at least level 45-50). Still, we hope this event will be fun for even low-level players, because even completing the first 2 levels will be fun and challenge for them, and the rewards will be nice."

It looks like the event is desgned so that only high level players will compete in the high levels of the pyramid.

Anyway, you could potentially use a royal decree for that task.
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 13:37:04

The event is active on World2.
Dátum: 2012.11.30. 10:05:40
I know you know that the bug is in the game, but the bug has been around for a long time and have not been fixed.
Dátum: 2012.11.29. 12:04:53
Re-reporting a bug.

There is currently (and have been for some time) a bug in the game in which a pet that gains extra skill points (from the Alchemy lab) do not gain any skill points when leveling up as a result of someone else attacking you.
Dátum: 2012.11.28. 10:21:19
Lurking around the Hungarian vegezetur forum I found this: http://forum.vegzetur.hu/index.php/topic,833.0

Unfortunately Google translator and Hungarian are not the best of friends, although as far as I can understand the post outlines future developments such as:
* Ruler of the planet (already announced, does not look like any new info)
* New AA abilities (in development)
* New clan building in development - Tree of life, Masterful Architecture III, Energiaszentély (Energy sanctum?): 75 at max level, Palace max 50, Mage tower to max 50, Kennel max 72, Alchemy lab max 75, Curse pyramid max 50,
* Move one character to another world (world, only older age), as well as international worlds.
* Mentor system. All new players can be a mentor to the old, experienced players (I think this is a messed up translation, should probably be the other way around). A mentor can help in (message, chat), and physically, you can vmennyi hp, can help lélekkút Installation and many more. In return, the student develops the mentor can also benefit from.
* Epic adventures - all 10, but only the 100th level and completed at least X adventures. The wheel of fortune bonus rare treasure. (Developed after an idea on the international forum and announced on the Hungarian forums?)
* Non-combat spells (Aurra's idea) (no idea what this is)
* Level Quests. The fate of tasks related to the church, you can do it once per level. The primary purpose of the first players to give more to do, but it will be available to all players. This will assist them in getting other planned steps: faster hunting, at least HP is inevitably portyáért, 2nd Skills level, the first adventures level. Status: Development documentation is complete.

Now why do i post this under "Complaints"? Well, Beholder is obviously confident enough to share this with their Hungarian players, so why do the international community not get the same information?