Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2011.06.06. 15:21:25
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.06.06. 14:20:11
Anything I have trouble with like that, I'm putting as does not fit any category. I'm hoping that once the bulk of stuff has been categorized, someone will go through all the questions like that and make new categories that will fit them.

That is a good thought...however:
"Does not fit into any category
You should use this category only if you are totally unable to classify the question, because you will not get a reward for classifying it here."
(http://world2.doomlord.net/index.php?m=kviz_kategorizalas)

Personally I think the categories are somewhat confusing and non-intuitive, especially since there are sub-categories (and sub-sub categories) that are not always completely obvious.
Example:
Biology=>Anthropology, medical science
Anthropology is the study of humanity, What defines Homo sapiens?", "Who are the ancestors of modern Homo sapiens?", "What are humans' physical traits?", "How do humans behave?", "Why are there variations and differences among different groups of humans?", "How has the evolutionary past of Homo sapiens influenced its social organization and culture?" and so forth.
Medical sciences is the science of medicine, human anatomy and Healthcare.
Quite different things, yet shoved into one sub-category.

Famous people show up in several places - Chemistry=>Famous people - chemistry; Famous people in general; Geography, Astronomy, Geology=>Our Earth in general, geology, great travellers; Literature=>Writers, poets; Mathematics=>Famous people - mathematics, Music=>Classical music=>Composers, musicians and few more (note the sub-sub group in the music category).

In essence I think the division of categories is a bit messy and could be cleaned up.
Dátum: 2011.05.31. 12:28:09
What European directive does RoHS stand for?
Ranking of Habitual Species
Recultivating of Human Skin
Reduction of Hazardous Substances <-- Marked as correct
Reactions of Homogeneous Solutions

The act is actually the Restriction of Hazardous Substances, Restriction not Reduction
Dátum: 2011.05.26. 09:32:32
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.05.26. 03:39:06
Quite right Martin. And that reduction of friction in what enables the skater to move at such speed. Therefore it can be considered correct answer.

No. As the question is stated it implies that the layer of water generates the speed. If that was the case, you wouldn't have to generate any forward force when skating. Or put in an other way; If you put the skate on ice it would take of on its own, since the layer of water below it generates speed.
This might be a question of semantics (or rather, it is), but when writing these kind of questions you have to be a bit careful.

Better wording would maybe be:
What is a skate blade gliding on that enables the skater to have such a high speed?
Dátum: 2011.05.23. 19:12:04
Which is the second biggest city in Bulgaria?
Ahtopol
Sofia
Plovdiv
Vidin

Not that there is anything wrong with the question, but its inclusion opens up for a whole lot of really stupid question of the form "What is the second largest...?"
Dátum: 2011.05.23. 14:59:55
Isn't part of the problem the timing of the olympics, i.e. run on Friday-Saturday when the programmers cannot react to peoples problems?

Maybe it would make sense to change the timing of the Olympics to start on a Thursday?
Dátum: 2011.05.19. 16:55:06
Idézet: Pumpkin - 2011.05.19. 13:56:42
Who never won the Nobel Prize in Literature?

Solzhenitsyn
Sholokhov
Pasternak
Bulgakov *

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

That's why I stopped in quests at W4.
Thanx for the unschooled only-google-users!
(http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/)

Odd one out questions, like this one, are supposed to not be passed. See http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,14.0
Dátum: 2011.05.19. 12:20:36
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.05.19. 10:50:05

About things which are "not in the manual". If you hover the cursor above things like soul-draining, resistance etc. on your character sheet, you get a description. If there is anything which won't get it for something, just ask, and we will add explanation too.

The problem with those descriptions is that they are often not complete. Let's take a look at Drain soul:
"You drain Se in ratio to the melee damage you deal (but no more than 1/5 of the SE you have at the start of combat)"
So it is only melee attacks, but in which type of combat? Duels, Dimension gate, Epic, Entities, Adventure fights? It works in some of these, but not all. And the description says nothing about that it only works in some fights, and not other.

Critical magic damage: "The chance to deal additional magic damage"
First, shouldn't it be "Chance to deal additional damage with your spell"?
Second, it says nothing about how it interacts with the Critical spell damage.

I could go on, but I don't really see the point. And posting the information here, on the forum, is not really a good solution unless there is a sticky which contains all the answers to these type of questions. A searchable database (wiki-style) maintained by Beholder would be even better (also called "Game manual").
Dátum: 2011.05.18. 14:12:04
The description about Familiars says that : "Later on there will be a relic which makes it possible to increase the familiars base pet to yours (by decreasing its normal level by the same amount)."

Is this Relic available? If yes, from where (Soul-huckster?)? If no, when will it be?
Dátum: 2011.05.17. 15:33:40
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.05.17. 15:09:55
When do we get the huckster medallion?

Have you checked under your portrait? The Huckster medallion is a medallion, not a Relic. It's in the same space as the Medal of Doom, Zarknod medallion etc etc
(Took me some time to find it too)
Dátum: 2011.05.17. 13:44:21
Idézet: Charon - 2011.05.17. 13:18:40
It was a great event. I enjoyed it very much and hope that those four girls will get fight again in another war.
Congrats to all those who made this event possible and to those who fought in it!

My question is about the huckster medallion. When do we get it? I already got my other reward.

Check the space under your picture. The Huckster medallion is a medallion, not a Relic. It's in the same space as the Medal of Doom, Zarknod medallion etc etc
Dátum: 2011.05.16. 14:24:56
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.05.16. 14:12:40
Kethios,
I am sorry but your explanation makes no sense. How does losing an EP after hunting will force anyone to go hunting?!?! I lost the point AFTER hunting!!!! I also don't understand what "camping with SE" means.
Why should I lose an EP, acquired with a hunt (of course), just because someone attacked me?!?!
There is absolutely no logic in this and, even if there were, it should have been explicitely clarified in the event rules.

My login is Cruel01 and I play in W2.

Cruel.

The entire event is balanced around the idea that you use 1 Action point and 1 Duel point to get 1 Hunt and 1 Huckster duel. If it would not use one event point when you got attacked and won, you would use...nothing, and still get all the benefits from winning a Huckster duel. In a way you still "win" when someone attacks you (and you win) since you didn't have to use your won DP.

The system "forces" you to Hunt, since with no hunting=no EP; No EP=can't duel in the Event.*

But I do agree that this could have been better stated in the description of the event.

* I am assuming here that people with 0 EP doesn't actually show up in the Event and can't be dueled.
Dátum: 2011.05.16. 09:08:11
What two metals make up solder?
Copper & Zinc
Lead & Tin <--- Marked as correct
Lead & Copper
Tin & Copper

Traditionally, (soft) solder was a mixture of Tin and lead, but there are many other types of (lead free-) solder available today, often containing tin, silver, bizmut, zink, antimony and other metals. And hard solder is usually an alloy of copper and zink or silver.
So the question is ambiguous, and should probably be "What to metals is soft solder traditionally made from?".
Dátum: 2011.05.15. 22:06:24
Idézet: Furlozza - 2011.05.15. 07:41:39
Also reporting a possible bug, or unintended change.

There was a new button which allowed me to select (via radio buttons) which pets I wanted healed.

Healed my two pets (having clicked both radio buttons and then the main button), was told both had healed 104 HP (they were available to fight, but not) with a repeat 35 mins later and a final boost again 30-40 mins later. Before going back to fight, checked and they were both still at previous health level, even though at one time one was fully fit and the other was 12 HP below full health and had been advised that both pets had been healed by 104HP and the last pet as well.

As for my Pets in waiting.... from being at full health (as they only go to the training grounds at the moment and therefore have "normally" full health) all three are now somehow injured. Has the virus some of us are fighting now spread to our pets? Sneezing per chance? Affection??

Check that your clan didn´t finish a level of Magic hut around the time of the "bug". When the Magic hut increases in level your pets max HP increases, but not their current HP, i.e. it looks like they were damaged.
Dátum: 2011.05.14. 22:08:00
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.05.14. 20:18:05
ok someone else reported a problem too, this might have been because of the quiz olympics... we will correct is as soon as possible.

Please do. I now have 155 Book of Knowledge...I suppose I could open a library soon?

But seriousy, it is very annoying with a new Event generated every 3-6 minutes.
Dátum: 2011.05.13. 09:54:42
Idézet: digitalis - 2011.05.13. 07:20:39

when doing an adventure I get this message when a potion is called for...
You do not have the necessary type of healing potion, you failed.
however, I have green and yellow pots in my inventory...
the black chalice potion is recognised but no other ...

The potion needs to be at least (your level-49). So the potions you have are probably just too low level.
Dátum: 2011.05.12. 19:40:40
That is correct. I should obviously do my research better next time.
Dátum: 2011.05.12. 12:32:13
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.05.12. 12:10:20
In which war did the Bloody Sunday happen?
Irish War of Independence
American Revolutionary War
Italian Independence War
French Revolution

I am getting fed up with this question! There is no such thing as the Irish War of Independance. Please remove this question.

Being curious I had to look this up. There actually is an Irish war of Independence (1919-21) (1), but the bloody Sunday incident takes place in 1972 (2) during a Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association march.

So the answer is wrong.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281972%29
Dátum: 2011.05.11. 22:10:31
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.05.11. 19:07:51
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.05.11. 08:44:21
Which country did not come under German rule during World War II?
Greece
Noway
Spain <- Marked as correct
France

Sure, Spain didn't come under German rule during WW2. But I am pretty sure Noway didn't either, although Norway was occupied by Germany.

How on earth does these things slip through?

Good point altough it took me a while to realise you meant there is a spelling error and not an actual problem (had to read your post a few times until i realised the NOWAY instead of NORWAY. So imagine evaluating during a hunt how easy is to miss that

That is possible, but with the kind of questions that gets rejected from the quiz, and then something like this makes it through? It´s annoying.

Also, it is an "odd one out" question, a type of question that should be filtered out (according to http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,14.0).
Dátum: 2011.05.11. 08:44:21
Which country did not come under German rule during World War II?
Greece
Noway
Spain <- Marked as correct
France

Sure, Spain didn't come under German rule during WW2. But I am pretty sure Noway didn't either, although Norway was occupied by Germany.

How on earth does these things slip through?
Dátum: 2011.05.09. 10:03:38
When is the problem with fighting wars against the Crystal clan going to be solved?

Since all members of the Crystal clan are in the Huckster War event, no duels with them registers as wins or losses in the War (that they initiated). Meanwhile they continue to use their Citadel of Destruction.

If nothing else, can you just end the war and refund the SE used to neutralize hits (just give the SE directly to the soul-well of affected clans)?