Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2011.05.06. 10:11:15
Idézet: elricwest - 2011.05.05. 21:39:48
We are respectfully bowing out of all crystal clan wars. There is no gain in defeating them. We lose se regardless of a win or loss. Spend more time fighting for nothing and destructive hits just slow us down. Unless there is a better system or reason to fight we, ShadowLords, will capulate evrytime at the start to minimize the damage.

This must be reconsidered and overhauled. nothing good comes out of the war for the players or clans at battle !

Thank you for your time. (bow, swish cloak for a dramatic exit)

Do not regularly come to forum if you need details or thought mail me directly!

Stormbringer

Hmm, we fight the Crystal clan, and usually end up wining, both the war and SE.
How? Well, first of all you need the strong people in the clan that can win the duels against them. Then you need for the weaker member of your clan to hide during the war (in the catacombs or going invisible). You also need the "Hall of War"-building at max level (5).
If you got all this you lose 50k SE*3 (Level 10 Citadel of destruction for three days) and gain 150k SE (modified a bit from Hall of war gains/losses) from winning after three days.

And your duelers benefit from fighting Crystal clan members every hour, and their Trancendal projection does not work.

So if you stack the fight in your benefit, you can win from it.
Dátum: 2011.05.05. 12:05:17
Who wrote Vanity Fair?
William Shakespeare
William Makepeace Thackeray
William the fourth
William Fair

What Vanity Fair? There are three movies, three TV-series, four songs, and one novel.
The question is about the novel, but should state so. As it stands the question is ambiguous, and I can not understand how it slipped past the evaluation process.
Dátum: 2011.05.04. 09:40:42
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.05.04. 01:47:33

@Sbart
In the Map Event, if your team is last, you are doomed. The system used for the Huckster War is much better. It doesn't matter your team, you have a chance of getting the best item if you do well individually. The best team only has a slight advantage. The Map Event should follow the same methodology.

Cruel.

I agree that in the Map event if your team was last you were doomed (or almost doomed, you could still get the Bronze Reward, right?).

But the question is how to balance these type of events:
- Should only individual effort be counted?
At the moment i actually think that this is a very good option. It does away with the skewed Horde balance on the servers, and you don't have to deal with choosing a team, a process that has proven to not work very well.
Even in the current Event (War of the Hucksters) there could have been no teams - you would simply hire your service to the Hucksters, fight a battle against a Crystal horde clone and be done. Rinse, repeat. Would even make sense, since we don't loose any SE against any player during the event.
Dátum: 2011.05.03. 19:19:25
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.05.03. 17:06:45
Cruel, at my page on top i have countdown timers for duel, skill, hunt, etc. Dont you?

He want it in the tab itself, so that you can see in your different tabs when you are a 0 penalty, when next hunt is over, when you can attack the epic etc etc
Dátum: 2011.05.03. 10:22:57
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.05.03. 01:06:19
Weak/Inactive players will always hinder any team. I recognize that getting balance is not always easy, but I believe the proposed solution is very simple and would benefit the team with stronger players instead of the team with more players and this makes more sense to me.

Regarding the fact that players who do well individually should get compensated, I definitely agree (and I think the Map Event should replicate this model because it is very frustrating to do well and be in the worst team )

Cruel.

Weak/inactive players don't really affect the teams negatively in this event. Sure, they make good/easy targets for the other teams, but that doesn't matter when there are a lot more players in one team than the other.

The map event rewarded individual effort, if you did very good you got a Relic one level better than your team (even though I understand that if your team got last place that didn't really matter much).
Dátum: 2011.05.02. 10:48:12
That is an interesting suggestion Stekkos.

In some sense there are some small specializations in the game - Times when you can chose between one benefit or another, like if you want Disadvanced development or Energy harness (Skills) and Mage specialization or Warrior specialization (AA abilities). Also the choice of Horde can be seen as a choice of specialization.

But giving a more direct way of choosing specialization would still be interesting. The difficulty would be to balance it, and make it so that all available "specializations" are interesting and appealing.
Dátum: 2011.04.28. 19:41:44
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.04.28. 16:17:29
I feel the crystal clones a little bit.. too strong? o_o

The crystal clones have no clan, and it looks like the virtual bonus from Ramparts/Training grounds/Necrofun focus have been added directly to their base stats. Therefore the look stronger than they are.

And I have to agree with Cruel01; The event doesn´t really work that well.
Dátum: 2011.04.26. 19:28:52
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.04.26. 18:39:40
I agree on this thought, it seems the event was made so that EH players get a bonus DD will not. Can we please get a more detailed explanation on why is this? Personally i accept it as part of the event, after all i could have stayed out of it and keep looting as normal. But an insight into the developers thoughts would be nice

The explanation given before is that you need one Hunt+one Duel point to fight once in the Event.
So you will get SE and XP from one Hunt (advantage DD) and SE and XP from one Event duel (advantage EH).
This should in theory cancel each other out, but I would guess that there is a small difference even so.

But MartinBV: You give some approximate numbers that in the end results in a very small difference. I am not very surprised that EH gets a small advantage (since it is in general considered better than EH), but I would guess it is smaller than the 7% you give.
Dátum: 2011.04.26. 12:28:15
A possible bug: The Crystal clan members generated for the event on world 2 have no equipment. No spell, no weapon, no armor, no shield, nothing. Oh, they have one pet each.
This makes it very easy to defeat them, since they don't damage you when you duel them.

EDIT: Ok, now they have equipment.
Dátum: 2011.04.25. 07:53:12
Nope, Quiz medals give extra SE from hunts when you answer questions in the quiz part correctly.

So with 3 Quiz medals you get +13% instead of +10% with a correct answer.
Dátum: 2011.04.22. 07:33:12
Idézet: deadstar - 2011.04.22. 07:25:14
about mithrill harness:
Defense: +20
Absorption: +4
I understand the absorption is added to the pre-existent absorption that the pet gives to the character. But what is defense? Is it that of the pet or that of the character? Because I don't understand how a pet can have defense (evading a secondary attack???). And is there a way to know the attack and damage of the pet?

From http://world2.doomlord.net/index.php?m=allatok_felszereles:
"f a creature receives a defensive item, it will increase its own defense, so there will be a smaller chance of getting injured when attacked by an enemy."
Dátum: 2011.04.20. 15:12:30
Idézet: Lorkus - 2011.04.20. 14:38:39
I have registered for the event, I am level 4 and I am gaining points from hunting, but my duel options look the same. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The actual event, with the special duels, start on the 26th.
Dátum: 2011.04.19. 22:29:56
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.04.19. 22:04:29
in world 2 crystal clan members have negative aura but we players havent got it. if these crystal clan members are generated according to the real players then i think they shouldnt have this skill or we should also have it.

Every time the Crystal clan is "defeated", i.e. beaten in 7 wars, they go into hiding and when they come out again they are stronger than before. I can only assume that getting stronger includes AA abilities in addition to levels, Abilities and Skills (and equipment?), and that is why the Crystal clan members have Negative aura these days. They didn´t have it when they were cloned, but they are quite far from "clones" by now.
Dátum: 2011.04.19. 12:15:49
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.04.19. 10:49:11
Sbart, a critical spell hit AND the extra effects of a spell require that your spell hits fully (i.e. it does not say about your opponent "...he takes ONLY X damage...") If you do hit fully the the effects apply ALWAYS, but the critical spell might still fail since it is also affected by the difference of your skills.

As Phalanxii showed, having lower IQ does not mean you will fail every time, just lowers your chances.

But critical spell hit chance is your skill - opponents skill. So if you have less or equal than your opponent you NEVER hit critically, even if you hit fully with your spell.

I understand, but I would say that the description of Critical spell is not entirely correct.
"You receive a chance to make critical spell damage to your opponent in magical combat. The amount of this percentage chance is the difference between your skill and his."

This does not mention anything about only being able to Critically hit when you do a "partial hit". Also, it does not say anything how it interacts with +% Critical magic damage. I could assume that the +% Critical magic damage is added to my skill, and then the chance of critically hit with a spell is actually:
((Critical spell skill)+(+% Critical magic damage from items))-((Opponents Critical spell skill)+(+% Critical magic damage from items))
with any negative number meaning that my opponents spell can critically hit.

And as usual I will just add this to the big pile of things that the game does not tell you when playing it. And that the developers are so lazy that they cannot even name things the same, even if they are the same thing. Some examples:
Stun and Paralyzation; Called Paralyzation on items and Stun in quests
Quests and Missions; Called Quests most of the time, but Missions in the Lady Avariels Medallions
Critical spell and Critical magic damage
Dátum: 2011.04.19. 08:12:20
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.04.15. 08:46:06
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.04.13. 09:05:07
i hope the "2" players suspended on W3 have there building work removed from the clan

just want to bump this, 27 million building is way to much of an advantge for one clan on w3. This player was a pure builder nothng else so the clan was the only beneficiary of this cheating so the clan must pay the price and that price at todays exchange rate is 27 million SE of destructed buildings.

Not knowing exactly what this is about, it sounds like someone was using multiple characters to have dedicated builders in a clan on W3. They were caught, and the "builders" were suspended. Is that correct?

Because I can see why the SE used to build should be removed from the clan in question if that is the case. Otherwise the game managers just says "it is ok to cheat. We might catch you, but if you can stand that the character is deleted, there is no penalty." And if I build a character for the specific reason to just build in the clan, then sure, I loose my effort of building the character when I get caught, but the benefit to the clan (and my other characters) remain. That is not acceptable. In any way.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 22:36:45
Idézet: deadstar - 2011.04.18. 21:03:31
1) I don't understand if the 4 hucksters are in any way related to the rewards. If not, how are the rewards chosen (before the event? after? - apart from the gold/silver, etc, that is clear), and what is the difference among the different hucksters, apart from partitioning the players in 4 teams?

2) I don't understand what the specification "...gives no more bonus than you actual base trade skill" means in the bargain item (I didn't participate to the map event, this should be the same item).

Rewards are chosen after the event, on an individual basis. So you get to chose which ever one you want, independently of team.

As for the Bargain item; You can not get more bonus than you have in the Trade skill. So if you have a Golden Belt of Bargain (+30) and Trade 20 you get Trade 40 (20+20). You would need Trade at least 30 to get the full benefit of the item.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 19:20:55
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.04.18. 16:36:37
Not directly. But if your opponents spell fails due to your high IQ, he has 0 chance of scoring a critical hit

So you mean that if I barley hit, i.e. does low damage, I cannot crit? I thought a hit was a hit and all hits could crit.

I will just add this to the growing list of things in the game that the game doesn´t tell you.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 16:28:02
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2011.04.18. 16:22:18
yeah, that would be nice
what the heck is resistance?

Resistance protects you from the secondary effects of spells, like -Atk, -Def and similar effects.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 16:15:33
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.04.18. 14:14:44

Sbart is also right. Like absorption will never remove magic damage completely, resistance will only reduce the effects. Have in mind though that a high IQ is always the best counter for both (less spell damage, 0 effects and no critical spell hit)

Does IQ effect Critical spell hit?
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 09:46:05
Wouldn't it be nice if the game included some form of manual that gave a better description of different abilities in the game?

Just to give some examples:
Drain soul How does it work? In which kind of battles does it work? Do spell Drain soul and "normal" Drain soul work independently? How does it interact with Soul Protection?
Resistance How does it work?
Absorption and Magic Absorption
Paralysation And Prevent Paralysation. When does it work? How? Is it the same as Stun?
Regeneration
Bonus SE from duels Does this work independently whether I am the attacker or the defender?
Skills A lot of skills could use some more (and better) explanations. Examples: Creative affinity says nothing about that it only works when you are the attacker, Critical hit (and spell) says nothing how they interact with bonus from equipment. And this is not mentioning the spelling and grammatical errors in the skill descriptions.

I know that a lot of this information is available on other (third part) websites, I just think it would be nice if there was an official resource to help people.