Topic neve: War of the Hucksters
everyone's favoriteWormtailFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: War of the Hucksters
21. hozzászólás - 2011.04.15. 11:43:03
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.04.08. 12:19:46
The programming of the event proceeds well, it will be ready for launch soon!

The regisration week starts on Monday on Hungarian servers! When will start the event here?
ImGaviusKlugge
Pontszám: 5
irritatingGladoomFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
37 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2011.04.17. 10:08:51
Is there a entry fee similar to the map event or open to everyone.
A hozzászólást Gladoom módosította 2011.04.18. 16:19:08-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2011.04.18. 15:22:21
The registration is open here as well, the event runs parallel on every world!

There is no "entry fee", you are free to register for the event. have fun!
very populardeadstar
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2011.04.18. 21:03:31
1) I don't understand if the 4 hucksters are in any way related to the rewards. If not, how are the rewards chosen (before the event? after? - apart from the gold/silver, etc, that is clear), and what is the difference among the different hucksters, apart from partitioning the players in 4 teams?

2) I don't understand what the specification "...gives no more bonus than you actual base trade skill" means in the bargain item (I didn't participate to the map event, this should be the same item).
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2011.04.18. 22:36:45 (Válasz deadstar #24 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: deadstar - 2011.04.18. 21:03:31
1) I don't understand if the 4 hucksters are in any way related to the rewards. If not, how are the rewards chosen (before the event? after? - apart from the gold/silver, etc, that is clear), and what is the difference among the different hucksters, apart from partitioning the players in 4 teams?

2) I don't understand what the specification "...gives no more bonus than you actual base trade skill" means in the bargain item (I didn't participate to the map event, this should be the same item).

Rewards are chosen after the event, on an individual basis. So you get to chose which ever one you want, independently of team.

As for the Bargain item; You can not get more bonus than you have in the Trade skill. So if you have a Golden Belt of Bargain (+30) and Trade 20 you get Trade 40 (20+20). You would need Trade at least 30 to get the full benefit of the item.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2011.04.18. 23:55:41
im wondering if the 26 million SE building in the clan on w3 with suspended players will be removed from the clans building work prior to event starting to eliminate the unfair advantge that clan got over all the other clans on w3 that no doubt will assist in this specific event considerably.

only the clan benefitted by the build work so the clan should be unbenefitted, 26 million SE adavantge is not grey area its extreme.

if admin is waiting for this to go away quietly and do nothing then think again, i will keep asking the question especially as 10 million additional building was added between time it was reported and time the players got suspended.
averageLorkusNő
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2011.04.20. 14:38:39 (Válasz Miklos #23 hozzászólására.)
I have registered for the event, I am level 4 and I am gaining points from hunting, but my duel options look the same. What am I doing wrong?
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2011.04.20. 15:12:30 (Válasz Lorkus #27 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lorkus - 2011.04.20. 14:38:39
I have registered for the event, I am level 4 and I am gaining points from hunting, but my duel options look the same. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The actual event, with the special duels, start on the 26th.
everyone's favoritekiller of all
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2011.04.21. 01:21:56
duel points go at the same pace and not above maximum
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 12:28:15
A possible bug: The Crystal clan members generated for the event on world 2 have no equipment. No spell, no weapon, no armor, no shield, nothing. Oh, they have one pet each.
This makes it very easy to defeat them, since they don't damage you when you duel them.

EDIT: Ok, now they have equipment.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.04.26. 13:01:26-kor
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 13:18:19
I have a char on W1 with Disadvanced Development, and one on W2 with Energy Harness.
On my W2 char I don't mind getting XP which is why I chose EH. On my W1 char I don't want XP but accept them as part of the penalty for robbing SE from other players.
Now during this event, I still get the benefit from having EH on my W2 Char, but not the benefit from having DD on my W1 char. Reading this forum thread, I realise this is a design decision. I think this is an error, and should be changed in future events. They have both used the same amount of SE to get the skill to 50, so why does one get a benefit, while the other doesn't?

I just did some quick math,
For this event my W2 char gets on average ~1015 SE and 14.5 XP/hunt, and 853 SE and 13 XP from attacking someone his own level, that is 1868 SE and 27.5 XP or an average of ~68 SE/XP.
Wheras my W1 char gets: ~1006 SE and 32 XP/hunt and 2281 SE and 13 XP from attacking someone his own level, that is 3287 SE and 45 XP or an average of ~73 SE/XP.
That is a 7% bonus as seen from the perspective of my W1 char.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 18:39:40
I agree on this thought, it seems the event was made so that EH players get a bonus DD will not. Can we please get a more detailed explanation on why is this? Personally i accept it as part of the event, after all i could have stayed out of it and keep looting as normal. But an insight into the developers thoughts would be nice
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 19:28:52 (Válasz stekkos #32 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.04.26. 18:39:40
I agree on this thought, it seems the event was made so that EH players get a bonus DD will not. Can we please get a more detailed explanation on why is this? Personally i accept it as part of the event, after all i could have stayed out of it and keep looting as normal. But an insight into the developers thoughts would be nice

The explanation given before is that you need one Hunt+one Duel point to fight once in the Event.
So you will get SE and XP from one Hunt (advantage DD) and SE and XP from one Event duel (advantage EH).
This should in theory cancel each other out, but I would guess that there is a small difference even so.

But MartinBV: You give some approximate numbers that in the end results in a very small difference. I am not very surprised that EH gets a small advantage (since it is in general considered better than EH), but I would guess it is smaller than the 7% you give.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 19:59:43
Miklos explained the formula was designed to create balance between EH and DD players. As one hunt is required for each duel, the sum of both should give a similar SE/XP for both EH and DD players. I believe this is absolutely fair.

Regarding Martin calculation, you can't forget luck and the spec. hunt affect how much you make in hunts. I think that if you consider those, the 7% difference will vanish.

Also, I would like to point out that, as I had predicted on post 10 of this topic, the event is very unbalanced. In W2, 2 teams are already out of the competition in less than 12h.

Cruel.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2011.04.26. 20:42:50
Anyone else have run out of targets? My W1 char ran out after 28 duels, after resting he got 5 more before running out again, and those include crystal clan. My W2 char has plenty.
Looking at the number of victories for those two worlds explains the difference, and as Cruel predicted it's a balance issue.

On W2 there are two teams that is way ahead of the other two, on W1 it's one team that's in the lead. My guess is that on W1 at least 2/3 is on Agnaesh's team, while on W2 at least 3/4 are on the two leading teams: Marietta and Agnaesh.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 00:27:48
i love this event

best so far

nice one admin
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 08:48:07
On W1, Agnaesh has already 2000 wins. Are those only player wins, or combined? If combined, how can we know how much "player" wins she has, as only those count towards the winning team?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 11:58:27
I believe the number already considers only the wins vs players. A ranking including the wins that don't count would be pointless.

Cruel.
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
39. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 14:38:30
MartinBV

I am in the same boat in W3, with one weird exception: I have two Diamond clan opponents... but since I am fighting the infection, I am not able to hit them... although I walked into DOOmlOrd's lair quite willingly... and expensively LOL SO, the question arises... if I can't hit them/get murderated by them, am I stuck on 49 victories for the next 20 days?

EDIT: The reason I ask is simple. this is my first battle in-game and not too sure of the ins and outs. From what I have been able to gather, we get to hit all opponents once, and then we get then returning again. However, if as it appears at the moment I have to go through ALL my opponents, even those I cannot fight against.... it sorta kills the enjoyment factor if I have to kill the untouchable before I can go back to slicing through the others. IE... has someone goofed?
A hozzászólást Furlozza módosította 2011.04.27. 14:42:57-kor
The ONLY Wombat on W3
irritatingGladoomFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
37 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
40. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 17:55:52
In W3 most players are registered to Aganesh, by doing so their clones will join the opponents crystal horde isn't it. Then how come only few crystal horde opponents exits or am i missing something.

i got 56 victories so far and now there is no crystal hordes to attack.
A hozzászólást Gladoom módosította 2011.04.27. 17:56:40-kor
Oldal: 12345678910
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője