Oldal: 12345678910
Szerző
Topic neve: War of the Hucksters
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: War of the Hucksters
41. hozzászólás - 2011.04.27. 22:39:26 (Válasz Furlozza #39 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Furlozza - 2011.04.27. 14:38:30
although I walked into DOOmlOrd's lair quite willingly... and expensively LOL

my door is always open lol

with opponents on w3, i chose what i thought would be the smallest team and so far thats proved correct as ive yet to run out of oppoenents crystal or player.

might be worth consdering changing teams and choose a smaller one? U lose your wins but if u have dps up your sleeve u could regain those easy with a greater slection of opponents, if u join encaith u would avoid my lair lol:)
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
42. hozzászólás - 2011.04.28. 16:17:29 (Válasz D00ml0rd #41 hozzászólására.)
I feel the crystal clones a little bit.. too strong? o_o
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
43. hozzászólás - 2011.04.28. 17:23:41 (Válasz Kethios #42 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.04.28. 16:17:29

they got "upgraded" sometime yesterday evening..
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
44. hozzászólás - 2011.04.28. 19:01:05 (Válasz D00ml0rd #36 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.04.27. 00:27:48
i love this event

best so far

nice one admin

I disagree with this view.
The event is not so great, even though I find it awesome to get so much SE for the duels

It was very poorly designed. The team with more players will win the event and this is very frustrating, specially because it could have been very easily fixed. Why don't we have a win/player ratio instead of only wins? I guess whoever thought of the event imagined that counting only wins vs player would create a balance, but this assumption makes no sense. Except in very unlikely scenarios.

Cruel.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
45. hozzászólás - 2011.04.28. 19:41:44 (Válasz Kethios #42 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.04.28. 16:17:29

The crystal clones have no clan, and it looks like the virtual bonus from Ramparts/Training grounds/Necrofun focus have been added directly to their base stats. Therefore the look stronger than they are.

And I have to agree with Cruel01; The event doesn´t really work that well.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.04.28. 19:42:41-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
46. hozzászólás - 2011.04.29. 10:17:32
The crystal clones are not getting stronger, but frequently they are being "recloned", if you get stronger, your clone gets stronger too. Yes, they are not clan members, an approix. building bonus is simply added to their stats.

Using the win/loss ratio or some more obscure figure would have the same problems. Even so, it could be more easily exploited.
Right now, if you feel the other team has an advantage, you can simply desert to that team, so everyone has a fair chance to win!
The only way to make it more even would have been to distribute players evenly and randomly between the teams. But then activity and relative power of the players would have been the deciding factor, and then players couldn't choose.

But, if you have any suggestions to how to improve the event next time, we are open to it! For example, maybe it would be a good idea to remove duel points at the beginning of the event (and give them back at the end) so everyone has only the normal DP regeneration, it gives more room for tactics. Like, right now, when people use up a lot of DP in the early days, and give a heavy edge to their team, changing teams can't change that much.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
47. hozzászólás - 2011.04.29. 16:26:19
One suggestion to improve the event is to adjust the number of crystal clan oponents so that each player has roughly the same number of oponents, on my W2 char I have not run out of player or crystal oponents while my W1 has a total of 22 valid oponents including crystal NPCs. Since I have the time to hit 20 oponents twice a day almost every day, and some days allso the last two once or twice, I will most likely be able to use up my stored DP, but only because I can win 10 duels in a row, and because I do not have shape reality.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
48. hozzászólás - 2011.04.29. 17:09:33
Miklos,
The suggestion is not to consider the win/loss ratio. It is to use the win/players in team ratio.
In the beginning of the event, the game would count the number of players in each team. 30 minutes later, it would sum all the wins in each team and divide by the number of players each team had 30 minutes before. The process would be repeated every 30 minutes. The reason to use the number of players in the beginning of the 30 minute window is to address the people who leave the teams during such period.

Cruel.
irritatingGladoomFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
37 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
49. hozzászólás - 2011.05.01. 12:37:37
I don't know why so many of us ended up joining Aganesh, i think the picture of the Huckters's ladies does have an impact here....
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
50. hozzászólás - 2011.05.02. 14:04:05 (Válasz Cruel01 #48 hozzászólására.)
Good idea, Cruel, the problem is that with your suggestion, teams would be hindered by weak players. Actually, not the team with the best players would win, but the team with the most weak/inactive players would lose... I also considered subtracting losses from a team's score, but that way, the small team would get a lot of attacks, and would lose a lot of points as well. Also not very fair. In a player vs player game, it is quite hard to set up an absolute system which favors everyone. Precisely that's why the major reward is based on individual performance, and the winning team gets only a small extra. Their reward is rather the glory itself...
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
51. hozzászólás - 2011.05.03. 01:06:19
Weak/Inactive players will always hinder any team. I recognize that getting balance is not always easy, but I believe the proposed solution is very simple and would benefit the team with stronger players instead of the team with more players and this makes more sense to me.

Regarding the fact that players who do well individually should get compensated, I definitely agree (and I think the Map Event should replicate this model because it is very frustrating to do well and be in the worst team )

Cruel.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
52. hozzászólás - 2011.05.03. 10:22:57 (Válasz Cruel01 #51 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.05.03. 01:06:19
Weak/Inactive players will always hinder any team. I recognize that getting balance is not always easy, but I believe the proposed solution is very simple and would benefit the team with stronger players instead of the team with more players and this makes more sense to me.

Regarding the fact that players who do well individually should get compensated, I definitely agree (and I think the Map Event should replicate this model because it is very frustrating to do well and be in the worst team )

Cruel.

Weak/inactive players don't really affect the teams negatively in this event. Sure, they make good/easy targets for the other teams, but that doesn't matter when there are a lot more players in one team than the other.

The map event rewarded individual effort, if you did very good you got a Relic one level better than your team (even though I understand that if your team got last place that didn't really matter much).
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
53. hozzászólás - 2011.05.03. 12:25:16 (Válasz Sbart #52 hozzászólására.)
My point is that if we have 2 teams, the first with 40 players, the second with 20 and both having half their players weak/inactive (20 and 10, respectively), the team with 40 players will simply destroy the team with 20 in the current model. In the model I proposed, it would be a close dispute.

Cruel.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
54. hozzászólás - 2011.05.03. 19:31:52
if you are a diamond player, mid 50's level as an example... how much of an SE advantage would you have over the others over the course of the event if you had the max number of victories ( with the most duel points you could have, fighting those above and below your level) that you could get over the whole event... premium and saving up all your full premium duel points before the event...I think it comes out to 825 duel points over the span of all the event.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
55. hozzászólás - 2011.05.04. 01:47:33 (Válasz BabeTheOx #54 hozzászólására.)
@Ox
It should still be 10%. I didn't understand your question.

@Sbart
In the Map Event, if your team is last, you are doomed. The system used for the Huckster War is much better. It doesn't matter your team, you have a chance of getting the best item if you do well individually. The best team only has a slight advantage. The Map Event should follow the same methodology.

Cruel.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
56. hozzászólás - 2011.05.04. 03:15:31
hmm my bad then.. i thought it was 30% and we were getting a lot more than we normally would seemingly... my duels are giving me between 2500-3000 SE and i never get that on world 3 in normal duels.. thinking that the bonus was 30% of an already seemingly inflated SE reward could get pretty crazy by the end
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
57. hozzászólás - 2011.05.04. 05:26:26 (Válasz BabeTheOx #56 hozzászólására.)
Maybe it is 30%.
Just do the math using the formula: SE = (Opponent Level*39.67)*(0.5+EH Level*0.015).

Cruel.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
58. hozzászólás - 2011.05.04. 09:40:42 (Válasz Cruel01 #55 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.05.04. 01:47:33

@Sbart
In the Map Event, if your team is last, you are doomed. The system used for the Huckster War is much better. It doesn't matter your team, you have a chance of getting the best item if you do well individually. The best team only has a slight advantage. The Map Event should follow the same methodology.

Cruel.

I agree that in the Map event if your team was last you were doomed (or almost doomed, you could still get the Bronze Reward, right?).

But the question is how to balance these type of events:
- Should only individual effort be counted?
At the moment i actually think that this is a very good option. It does away with the skewed Horde balance on the servers, and you don't have to deal with choosing a team, a process that has proven to not work very well.
Even in the current Event (War of the Hucksters) there could have been no teams - you would simply hire your service to the Hucksters, fight a battle against a Crystal horde clone and be done. Rinse, repeat. Would even make sense, since we don't loose any SE against any player during the event.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
59. hozzászólás - 2011.05.05. 19:45:17
Edit: forget it, I just need to learn to read
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2011.05.05. 19:48:44-kor
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
60. hozzászólás - 2011.05.16. 03:19:00
Last days of the event. In W2, 2 players in the top 3 and at least 4 players in the top 10 are fighting for Agnaesh. And yet, Marietta is going to win by a LOT!!!! It just proves my point that the event is VERY unbalanced for the team with more players (no matter how strong the players in the other teams are). Maybe the other 6 in the top 10 are fighting for Marietta and some of her soldiers are really strong also, but the score is 17,000 to 10,000. Clearly, something is wrong when a team with 4 top 10 players loses by 70%.

P.S. I just found out a bug that really pissed me off. I had 0 Event points. Went for 5 hunts to get 5 EP. During my hunts, I got attacked and won, which made me happy naturally . To my surprise when I attacked 4 times, my EP ended. This means I "spent" 1 EP by being attacked!!! This is absurd!!!!!!! I confess I was not paying attention before and I possibly "got robbed" in the past. I hope I can at least recover this 1 stolen (and noticed) EP tomorrow, before the event is over.

Edit: C'mon. It just happened a second time!!!
Please give me back my 2 stolen EP before the event is over.
I am very frustrated

The attacks I suffered that made me lose EPs are below:
Today, 05:19 xxxx Cruel01 You have won the battle.
Today, 04:15 xxxx Cruel01 You have won the battle.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.05.16. 03:27:42-kor
Oldal: 12345678910
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője