Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Dátum: 2012.08.24. 02:37:35
What, having been done six times before, has not occurred since December 1972 by any member of the human race?"

^^The punctuation in this makes it correct to me.
Dátum: 2012.08.14. 03:15:25
I've been looking at the same thing. My speculation was pets captured.
Dátum: 2012.08.11. 21:39:49
Picking up where it appears another moderator left off....

Idézet: Dancer - 2012.08.09. 11:12:17
What is the most endangered species on the planet?

I think this is one of those that have different answers depending on the source. Over half are getting it correct, so I appended "According to the WWF in 2012" to the question because the answer stays the same.

Idézet: Dancer - 2012.08.10. 09:26:22
Just had this one..................
Question....How many years can a bat live ?

Good point. Changed it to "Vampire Bat" since that is what it appears the questioner was looking at.

Idézet: Johannes Buckbeak - 2012.08.11. 16:15:00
"Which of the following is not another name for Halloween?"

Hmm, I see no saving this one. Love the spelling "Samhaine" too. Just removed it for far too many reasons.
Dátum: 2012.08.02. 22:13:55
There were 2 identical water polo questions; removed one, fixed the other.

I wondered the same thing about the intersection question, but no one has ever said it was wrong in their country.

Removed martial arts question because of ambiguity.

I can not find the divisible by 3 question.
EDIT - found it; helps when spelled correctly
How can you tell if a number is divisible by 3?
It ends in a 3
You can't tell without performing the division
The sum of the digits is a multiple of 3 <---new, changed wording
The sum of the digits is 3
Dátum: 2012.08.02. 22:04:35
found it:
Which of these animals has white fur?
Deer
Bison
Polar Bear
Lion

Actually polar bear should not even be correct. Their hair is almost translucent and colorless. It is the effect of light scatter between the shafts that make it appear white.
Dátum: 2012.07.23. 05:03:44
Euripides calls sirens winged maidens. The Ovid claims sirens were given wings by Demeter. I don't remember exactly when they get linked with mermaids, but Greek lore (as the question asks) says they are women and birds, not women and mermaids.
Dátum: 2012.07.22. 09:08:43
I rejected this one. No knowledge is gained by the question and in most cases someone would have to count it out, especially with the choices you had of 18, 19, 20, 21. Sorry, you were not happy with my judgement call. I try to avoid that evaluation when possible because it is a subjective evaluation.

The "Attention: Please try to ask..." message is auto generated whenever a question is rejected. I have only heard of one person that had his write to ask questions revoked, but he was intentionally writing bad questions and it was only a temporary block. So, do not worry too much about that warning.
Dátum: 2012.07.22. 08:57:26
Well, you guys gave me some great reading

To Sbart: That is a lot more than one year of Chemistry ever prepared me for, but still interesting reading. I added the "well known" phrase to the question.

The English language...
mostly derives from German
mostly derives from French
is not related to French or German
is about 40% German, 40% French, and 20% other <---marked

This one struck me as odd right away, but, whew, I was not prepared for the heated debates I found on the web from credible sources. As much as I read, none of them point to this % breakdown and I can't find any "standard acceptable" answer, so I think it best this one just be removed.

What does the Greek phrase "Ta biblia" translate to?

This one seems to be a common translation in the religious contest to "the books", but I do see some of the other translations. The question also has a low correct response, so I just sped its deletion.

Thanks for taking the time to improve the quiz for everyone.
Dátum: 2012.07.13. 21:42:33
Idézet: Johannes Buckbeak - 2012.06.30. 21:37:35
In England, a 'blind road' is?

Answer given is "A dead end street"

Well sorry, I have lived in England all my 56 years, and I make my living as a writer, and I have never heard this term spoken or seen it wrtten. It's possible that it is used this way in some small area or maybe it's a long-obsolete form, but it absolutely is not the standard English term - that would be cul-de-sac or dead end. The only thing that comes close is a "blind alley" - which does indeed refer to a dead end, but it is almost always used metaphorically nowadays - "your argument is taking you up a blind alley". But "blind road" is just not a term in common use in England.

I've been sitting on this one for some time. When I came upon it in a hunt I thought it was odd, but not being English, I figured it was a term I wasn't familiar with and moved on. The question is sitting at 76.52% correct. I have heard "blind alley" and simply changed the question to that for now. I'm happy to readdress this one if someone has further input.
Dátum: 2012.06.26. 23:09:16
Two simple questions before I make a selection I may regret: Does the AA point reward stack with shield of wisdom? Does it apply to all AA points earned or just hunting?
Dátum: 2012.06.26. 21:02:20
I understood it the same way as Donimo. Perhaps a better explanation is needed or the bags need numbers to prevent others from wasting AA like I did.
Dátum: 2012.06.26. 03:56:54
I just noticed my Vampire focus crystal is missing. Caveat on W1.

Mystery solved and password changed
Dátum: 2012.06.23. 19:20:49
Idézet: manunkind - 2012.06.20. 02:35:58
"Who wrote The Origin of Species?"

the book is titled, "On the Origin of Species".

Originally it had an even longer title than that, but in the last third of the 1800's it was actually shortened to The Origin of Species. I don't have time to look up the details right now, but I'm sure you can find it.
Dátum: 2012.06.08. 09:46:17
I think I found the question: Which of Jupiter's moons are most likely to have life on them?

Io is marked as correct, but from what I read, it has the heat and energy, but lacks water for life.

Europa, was long thought to be a possibility, but I found recent reports claiming that the ocean may be too acidic to support life.

I changed the answer to Europa, for now, but would love to hear from someone more versed in the subject to know if the question is valid at all.
Dátum: 2012.06.06. 13:06:35
I just removed the Obama and Madonna questions because there are similar questions in the database written better.

Also, thanks for the info about Kermit. I learned something today.
Dátum: 2012.06.01. 22:19:26
Rewrote question as: What is fire burning at extreme heat?

Kermit may have originated on The Muppet Show, but he also regularly appeared on Sesame Street, so as the question is written, I don't see a problem.

As far as I know, Memphis is the commonly accepted answer to the first capital of Egypt. If others want to weigh in on the issue, I would be happy to re-examine it.
Dátum: 2012.05.31. 22:17:05
I agree too. The mosquito/animal question only had 56% correct answers while "What animal is responsible for the most human deaths worldwide?" has 90% correct. Clearly people understand the trivia, but miss that question. I just removed the question.
Dátum: 2012.05.31. 22:08:57
Changes made. Thanks again to all of you.
Dátum: 2012.05.29. 01:22:53
Dolph13, thank you for the great explanation. I have always know it is a good event to invest in, but did not understand how it all worked.
Dátum: 2012.05.26. 02:13:39
I fought more and charged more and still got lower rewards than clan members.