Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Idézet: Viridel - 2010.09.05. 05:17:48
Death by apathy... Another good idea bites the bucket due to lack of Moderator / Admin response.

Really, is there any point in wasting our time on the Forum anymore?

Umm, I wouldn't say there is much player response either. Four people and half of them a quiz evaluators trying to make things better for everyone.

oh, and as of right now, 16 votes.
Dátum: 2010.09.05. 01:21:32
attack with a severe penalty
My initial thoughts are. . . I'm not sure that is a good idea. I can make all kinds of useless, extreme special knowledge questions pop-up at the top of the results page. It does not mean it's a good question or that anyone should bother to knowing it. I think we will get a whole new group of people complaining if we let in trivial things just because they can be googled. It's a quiz (mind) challenge, not a search (computer) challenge.

This also leads to wrong answers from the user-generated trivia sites. (Yes, several of the sites that people steel questions from are wrong.) I just had an example of this: "Around 400 BC, the talented Chinese artisan Lu Ban made the first known ...?" The very first result is the exact worded question. Problem, according to the Drachen Foundation (non-profit educational corporation, devoted to the increase and dissemination of knowledge about kites worldwide) states "The first unambiguous reference to a kite occurs in Chinese literature from about 200 BCE; the kite itself is almost certainly older. We know that kites spread throughout Asia via known trade routes: they were present in Japan and Korea by approximately 1000 CE, and commonplace in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand by the 1500s. But where did the kite first appear? It was likely in the islands and peninsulas of the Pacific, where the needs of seafaring cultures could have driven the development of simple, utilitarian leaf kites for fishermen." Now, I would take the word of an international organization aimed at preserving history and education over the word of a made-up "fun trivia" site that has written countless wrong or misleading questions.

Also, do you realize that the copy and past function for the quiz olympics is going away? So, all the "easy google" questions will need to be known be everyone to compete.

Now, I will say, I have evaluated questions that I thought 'who in the world would know that' only to find an entire page of results with common & credible sources. In those case, I just chalk it up to outside my realm of knowledge, but let the question in. On the flip-side, I have had some questions that seem like they may be interesting and fairly easy to find an answer to, but after frantic searching, I cannot find a correct answer, I have marked that question as special knowledge. So, in a way, the ability to find an answer does come in to play. I just hate to see the quiz flooded with every book/song title known to man, obscure word definitions, quotes by Jim-bob's brother's second cousin, etc. just because they can easily be found on google.

Obviously, I would follow whatever is decided, but that's my opinion.
Dátum: 2010.08.31. 14:47:09
The questions being withdrawn when 75% do not know the answer is automatic. You do not get penalized. You should have already gotten the reward. The filter was put in place to drop out extremely difficult or incorrect questions. I'm sure many of the good question writers have had some good questions that get dropped by the 75% clause.
Dátum: 2010.08.29. 07:48:07
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.29. 02:06:16
Weird, here's mine:

Level 33
Used SE: 3.385
Defeated creatures: 50
+2 to all stats, +1 Luck, 25 burn-out stones.

Actually this and player A are a great comparison. Some level. One with a tad more SE; one with a few more fights. It appears slightly better stats for a marginal amount more SE player, (that would also equal less XP from all the fights.)
Dátum: 2010.08.29. 01:55:41
Hmm, can someone figure out how we are going to be awarded? I'm still unsure of the number of fights vs. the amount of SE to put in. Before the glitch was fixed, here is an example of 2 people:

Person A:
Level 33
Used SE: 3.837
Defeated creatures: Total 45
+3 Strength, +3 Attack, +3 Defense, +3 Constitution, +3 IQ, +2 Magic, +2 Thaumaturgy
23 Burnt-out ancient stone

Person B:
Level 42
Used SE: 3.031
Defeated creatures: Total 38
+5 Strength, +5 Attack, +5 Defense, +4 Constitution, +4 IQ, +4 Magic, +4 Thaumaturgy
19 Burnt-out ancient stone

How did the lower level, person A, add more SE and win more battles for less reward?
Dátum: 2010.08.28. 00:14:11
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.08.27. 21:30:22

I think you were very unlucky with your question. I think it's good too, and I think things are evaluated on the basis that evaluators don't get a single question wrong (a good question). It's a guess, but when they hunt, they choose and answer and if they get it wrong, they choose an option as to why they got it wrong without the option to pass it through the system and reward you with the SE. If you resubmit then I think you'll have more luck with a better evaluator.

DO NOT RESUBMIT the same exact questions over and over again unless you got a "misspelling" evaluation and it is corrected. That just gets annoying and most likely how some of the crap you post gets in. I can't tell you how many times I see questions I rejected show up in this quiz errors thread. Also, we have no idea what the answers are until after we evaluate the questions, so yes, we get questions wrong, especially when it is impossible to answer questions.
Dátum: 2010.08.27. 05:45:05
There is a separate thread for posting rejected questions, but you answered your own question on why it is ambiguous. Depending on the circumstances it can either rise or condense. Also, "none of the above" is not an acceptable choice.
Dátum: 2010.08.23. 04:13:50
Idézet: Blackmonks - 2010.08.23. 02:24:29
Fastest car available on the market measured by top speed is?

McLaren F1
Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
SSC Ultimate Aero
Bugatti Veyron

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question

Search google on fastest cars and the Bugatti Veyron will come up everytime. What is wrong with this question? Do you have to know alot about cars to answer the question...nope. Is it difficult to know the right answer...if you can't use google I guess it would be. Is it an interesting question I'd like to know the answer to, I think so.

Maybe the quiz should drill down what we can ask questions about, it seems you can't ask questions about things that are interesting, challenging, or have to do with your home country. Why submit any questions?

Actually, TOP speed is debatable. Who's driving; what are the weather condition; how is a track laid out, etc. Depending on who you ask, you will get a different answer. In fact, I just rejected another question similar that had the Ultimate Aero as the answer. A couple weeks ago there was a quiz writer who said it was a Barabus something or other. Plus, already in the database is "Which of the following serial cars has the best top speed?"
Dátum: 2010.08.18. 04:28:26
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.16. 18:20:29
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.08.16. 18:07:44
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.16. 16:46:52
Caveat, could the duel quest have something to do with the issue?

What do you mean. It was a normal duel.

Asin the same sort of limitation as per restoring a squeezed pet whilst doing the squeezing quest. "You cannot restore an untrained pet or one which was squezzed while a quest requiring squeezing was active."

There could be a hidden limitation on the skill when doing a particular quest. Either that or perhaps the skill ain't high enough to make a difference?

Unless it really doesn't work and no one noticed until now. But that sounds far-fetched since the same skill is probably used in the Hungarian version as well.

Well, if you need more than 12 points to see 1 SE difference, then that is not worth the investment in my book. I ask ANYONE that has seen this skill work to post.

oh, and I'm not on any duel quest.
Dátum: 2010.08.16. 18:07:44
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.16. 16:46:52
Caveat, could the duel quest have something to do with the issue?

What do you mean. It was a normal duel.
Dátum: 2010.08.16. 18:05:38
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.16. 14:46:07
Healing more than one pet at a time.

Currently whilst healing a pet you can't heal another one, even if this message appears next to it: "You can heal again in 0 time."

Using horde making with several pets who all require healing is a headache and takes ages to heal them all.

Raise your healing skill and you will heal them all at once.
Dátum: 2010.08.16. 16:35:28
Okay, I can confirm 100% that I still can get 0 SE with a 50 in creative affinity and 12 in energy harness.
Dátum: 2010.08.14. 16:44:55
From what I find on the internet, some user generated sites list Nigeria as having the most twins due to their yam consumption, and it was probably accurate at one time. But, when I pull up raw data from reporting agencies and do the math, there are several countries in recent years with higher twin birth rates.

Edit:
The idea that yams could contribute to twin birth rates is an interesting idea.
Dátum: 2010.08.13. 17:52:33
I NEVER have 0 SE, so it cannot be that. I can NOT be 100% certain the last time it happened if I got a few drops added. If there were, there was never enough to notice. I'll waste a duel point for a test. If there is a player on W1 with 0 SE that wants to test it, send me a private message here or to Caveat in-game. (I'm level 32)
Dátum: 2010.08.12. 21:28:03
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.08.12. 15:09:42
Energy harvest works better with creative afinity. Since it sets a minimum ammount of se you will get, this will add up. It grands you se from all duels, and with creative affinity doubling whatever you get, the se will start to add up to quite a big number. Again consider the skill at high levels to see the benefit.

I would love to know if there is another formula for this skill too and if it is working for ANYone.

The formula I was given: The SE you receive = 0.2 x skill x targets level x modifier. Modifier = 20-100% depending how many times your target was defeated in the past 3 hours. Also if you attack someone significantly lower level than you, you get less.

I stopped at level 12 since I saw no noticeable difference in duels and was still getting some duels with 0 SE captured. (my creative affinity is at max) I figured I would probably get rid of energy harvest when the 'forget a skill' quest comes up.
Dátum: 2010.08.12. 21:18:26
I don't think knowing the movie is special knowledge, but you just list the phrase with no reference where to begin looking for an answer. If you said something like "Complete this horror movie phrase" or "According to the Nightmare on Elm Street" etc. it would give people, like Martin, a frame of reference.
Dátum: 2010.08.08. 13:25:05
Idézet: The Harjawalder - 2010.08.08. 13:20:25
I wish we could get the "already part of database" feedback,even if there was a misspelling.
If so we would not need to try again and again to correct the spelling error, this would also give the inspector an easier job.

Already part of the database is exactly that. Please do NOT try resubmitting the same question again if you get that evaluation. If it is something we think you should try again with, we will mark it as a misspelling.
Dátum: 2010.08.08. 13:22:35
I was waiting for you to ask Viridel
Marked as spelling to avoid you loosing the question. Since teams are often sold, it would be best to work a date into the question.
examples:
...and as of 2010 is a part owner...
or
...and in 1999 became part owner of which....
Dátum: 2010.08.06. 04:36:14
Idézet: FLO2 - 2010.08.05. 22:25:53
Joseph Priestly discovered something supposed to cure scurvy. Instead, we use it in drinks. What is it?

Where ??? System bug

This is not a system bug. If you have a problem with the quiz, it should be placed in the "My quiz question was rejected" http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,13.0 thread.
I believe the guy's name is Joseph PriestlEy