Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
981. hozzászólás - 2010.08.08. 16:49:44
can somene help me find the misspelling? thanks.

Who published the Uncertainty Principle?

Erwin Schrödinger.
Werner Heisenberg.
Albert Einstein.
It's uncertain who the author is.
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
982. hozzászólás - 2010.08.08. 16:58:20
What is the full name of J. K. Rowling?

Joe Kenneth Rowling
Jeffrey Karl Rowling
Jessica Kathleen Rowling
Joanne Rowling

this question was rejected as being uninteresting, but then two days later, i recieved the same question already in the database ("what does the j. k. in j. k. rowling stand for").
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
983. hozzászólás - 2010.08.08. 18:57:45 (Válasz manunkind #982 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.08.08. 16:58:20

Joe Kenneth Rowling
Jeffrey Karl Rowling
Jessica Kathleen Rowling
Joanne Rowling

this question was rejected as being uninteresting, but then two days later, i recieved the same question already in the database ("what does the j. k. in j. k. rowling stand for").

Well her full name is Joanne Kathleen Murray (née Rowling)
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
984. hozzászólás - 2010.08.08. 20:45:00 (Válasz MartinBV #983 hozzászólására.)
actually, while the K is for Kathleen, Kathleen is not her actual middle name.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
985. hozzászólás - 2010.08.09. 00:58:54 (Válasz manunkind #981 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.08.08. 16:49:44
can somene help me find the misspelling? thanks.

Who published the Uncertainty Principle?

Erwin Schrödinger.
Werner Heisenberg.
Albert Einstein.
It's uncertain who the author is.

"None of the above" type answers have been outlawed. You probably got the misspelling status as a way to avoid penalizing you for an otherwise good question. My guess is it will probably be accepted if you resubmit with another scientist's name as the last option. Perhaps you could make up a name to try to keep your joke in there, but that might still get it rejected.
Pontszám: 7.50
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
986. hozzászólás - 2010.08.09. 02:36:04
thanks, ImLittleJon. i had no idea!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
987. hozzászólás - 2010.08.09. 04:18:41 (Válasz manunkind #986 hozzászólására.)
If you had just went through the quiz rules and updates topic you would have seen this. I am saying this to all players that keep asking about this issue, read the topic!!!! It will save you a lot of puzzling on what went wrong with your question.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
988. hozzászólás - 2010.08.09. 04:20:31 (Válasz MartinBV #983 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.08.08. 18:57:45
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.08.08. 16:58:20

Joe Kenneth Rowling
Jeffrey Karl Rowling
Jessica Kathleen Rowling
Joanne Rowling

Well her full name is Joanne Kathleen Murray (née Rowling)

It has been part of the database for as long as i can remember, probaply before i started evaluating. It is possible the other eveluator did not happen to see it
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
989. hozzászólás - 2010.08.09. 05:01:36 (Válasz manunkind #984 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.08.08. 20:45:00
actually, while the K is for Kathleen, Kathleen is not her actual middle name.

Thanks for the correction, I was mislead by her official website.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
990. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 05:07:35
Stekkos, it would be helpful to get those updates added to the quiz question instructions within the game. thanks!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
991. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 18:34:24 (Válasz manunkind #990 hozzászólására.)
There is a long overdue change on that issue, thank you for reminding us. The game admins have to do it though, i will ask. But the topic is still needed for added changes, to see if they are agreed by the majority. So it is good for all players to at least visit it once and then after they see a new post
averageCzernovski
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
992. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 20:13:20
Which of these weapons has Rambo never used in his 4 movies?

Knife
M60 machine gun
RPG
Steyer AUG

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I think everybody knows how do knife, m60 or RPG look like... Today I had questions in Hunt like who scored first goal on first soccer MS...or about some female England warrior fighting against Romans 2100y ago... I think EVERYBODY must know Rambo and his films.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
993. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 04:26:07 (Válasz Czernovski #992 hozzászólására.)
Everybody does not know rambo, but it is a famous film character so a question about him is ok. But asking about weapons he used..... Thats a bit too into details since there are 4 movies! Someone has to have seen all 4, know the names of all the weapons he used (he did use quite a selection ) and remember that even now. After all rambo movies span decates from 1 to 4. Therefore, its not a bad question because its about rambo. Its bad because too much detail is required to answer it, EVEN IF SOMEONE HAS SEEN ALL MOVIES RECENTLY (not shouting, just highlighting the main issue )
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
994. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 12:02:53
1..2..Freddy's coming for you. 3..4 better lock your door. 5 6....?

play with pick-up sticks
Rhiana's got a brand new mix
grab your crucifix
you'll get pimped like tricks

1..2..Freddy's comin' for you. 3..4 better lock your door. 5 6......?

your blood on his blades he licks
Freddy's bloody bag of tricks
board your doors with bricks
grab your crucifix

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

You guys are killin' me, WTF, I have to answer questions about sports players I never heard of and answer questions about movie quotes That i know have never played in the states but i ask a GD "Nightmare On Elm Street" question and I'm gonna get a knock for asking a special groups question?!?!? This is a poem that's atleast been played in 5 of the 7 movies?! C'mon, and spelling mistakes, i have to push through grammer errors when reading some of these questions and some clown want to bag on me for an apostrophy, where is the consistancy in this?? Please explain
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
995. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 14:13:08
Which artist painted The Potato Eaters?

Van Gogh
Picasso
Matisse
Monet

It says theres a spelling mistake I just cant see it.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
996. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 16:38:20 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #994 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.08.11. 12:02:53

play with pick-up sticks
grab your crucifix

grab your crucifix

You guys are killin' me, WTF, I have to answer questions about sports players I never heard of and answer questions about movie quotes That i know have never played in the states but i ask a GD "Nightmare On Elm Street" question and I'm gonna get a knock for asking a special groups question?!?!? This is a poem that's atleast been played in 5 of the 7 movies?! C'mon, and spelling mistakes, i have to push through grammer errors when reading some of these questions and some clown want to bag on me for an apostrophy, where is the consistancy in this?? Please explain

Nightmare on which street? never heard of it, so how on earth am I to guess which movie to run down to blockbuster and rent?
That's as bad as asking about what form the fireworks in LotR takes. You can't expect to get a question approved that you have to watch a movie to answer. And definately not when you don't even mention it. But I agree with you that some of the sports questions are a bit to specialized.
Pontszám: 3
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
997. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 18:44:14 (Válasz MartinBV #996 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.08.11. 16:38:20
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.08.11. 12:02:53

play with pick-up sticks
grab your crucifix

grab your crucifix

Nightmare on which street? never heard of it, so how on earth am I to guess which movie to run down to blockbuster and rent?
That's as bad as asking about what form the fireworks in LotR takes. You can't expect to get a question approved that you have to watch a movie to answer. And definately not when you don't even mention it. But I agree with you that some of the sports questions are a bit to specialized.

Martin - are you serious that you've never heard of Nightmare on Elm Street? I don't believe that for a second. Actually, I had no issue with the first version of the question as if you READ the question, the answer is very evident. The 2nd version has answers that are far too similar, and is rightfully rejected... But the first is simple logic (regardless of whether you've seen the movies before), and could/should have passed.
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
998. hozzászólás - 2010.08.12. 18:42:48 (Válasz Viridel #997 hozzászólására.)
You're gonna tell me you never heard of Freddy Krueger, I don't know why I am even suprized by your answer, I mean the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies are only 2nd to "Friday the 13th" movies as far as longest running horror/thrasher series in the history of movies. I guess that wouldn't mean anything to you either, Jason and his hockey mask are probably more of an unknown. Atleast I got I got some conformation on the inconsistancy of what makes certain knowledge special or not, I'll keep that in mind next time I have to answer a question like "What is the name of the famous cartoon Bunny?" What country and which cartoon do i need to look up to find the answer for that one? Seems simple enough but but I may not watch cartoons. And where were the grammer police for this one: "Who win the first Canadian gold medal in Vancouver 2010?"? Wel thank da hevens et wuz awl speuld wright.
Thanks for the positive backing props on my question Viridel!! Much appreciated.
Martin, I'll take your excuse with a grain of salt and hope my next question is up to your standards with proper quotation marks and can be readily answered without having to go to far back in the knowledge vault , but hope you will update or upgrade some of its data soon.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
999. hozzászólás - 2010.08.12. 21:18:26 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #998 hozzászólására.)
I don't think knowing the movie is special knowledge, but you just list the phrase with no reference where to begin looking for an answer. If you said something like "Complete this horror movie phrase" or "According to the Nightmare on Elm Street" etc. it would give people, like Martin, a frame of reference.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1000. hozzászólás - 2010.08.12. 21:37:59 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #998 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.08.12. 18:42:48
You're gonna tell me you never heard of Freddy Krueger, I don't know why I am even suprized by your answer, I mean the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies are only 2nd to "Friday the 13th" movies as far as longest running horror/thrasher series in the history of movies. I guess that wouldn't mean anything to you either, Jason and his hockey mask are probably more of an unknown. Atleast I got I got some conformation on the inconsistancy of what makes certain knowledge special or not, I'll keep that in mind next time I have to answer a question like "What is the name of the famous cartoon Bunny?" What country and which cartoon do i need to look up to find the answer for that one? Seems simple enough but but I may not watch cartoons. And where were the grammer police for this one: "Who win the first Canadian gold medal in Vancouver 2010?"? Wel thank da hevens et wuz awl speuld wright.
Thanks for the positive backing props on my question Viridel!! Much appreciated.
Martin, I'll take your excuse with a grain of salt and hope my next question is up to your standards with proper quotation marks and can be readily answered without having to go to far back in the knowledge vault , but hope you will update or upgrade some of its data soon.

Freddy Who? sorry but no I have not heard of him, or if I have, it has been in some context that didn't cause it to register. (same goes for the movies.)

There is nothing in the question to point me to those movies, and I have not seen them, and as you just informed me that they are horror movies, I'm not likely to. And honestly any one of the 9 possible answers makes as much sense to me as the other.

If you had included the information about which film(s) the quote came from in the question, I might not have replied or would have replied differently.

I agree with you that a lot of the questions that did get accepted never should have been, and there should be some easy way of correcting stupid grammar. When reporting a bunch of grammar issues, I was informed that I should only report those that made hard to understand the question, or opened it up to misunderstanding.
Pontszám: 3
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!