Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2011.05.31. 15:01:37
First, thanks for the new feature!

Next, the questions:

How many people have to categorize each question?

What happens if you reach the correct number of people, but there's a tie?

Does each world have their own database, or are they all together?

Once enough people have categorized a given question, what happens to the next person who categorizes that question? If they get it right, do they get their reward immediately (meaning the next time they get the Recommendations reward)?

Once it's categorized, what happens if enough people put it in a different category to change the vote?

Also, it seems to me that Modern History and 20th and 21st century (both under History) are redundant. If Modern means anything between Middle Ages and 20th century, it should be clarified.
Dátum: 2011.05.31. 02:04:13
Idézet: etinixa - 2011.05.30. 16:24:58
Gastroesophageal reflux is commonly known as ACID REFLUX
The supposed correct answer is Heartburn, but that is only commonly ASSOCIATED with the condition commonly known as ACID REFLUX

Nobody says "I'm having acid reflux." They say "I'm having heartburn." Either way, the technical term for what they are having is GER. Hence, GER is more commonly known as heartburn. If acid reflux were listed as a wrong choice, you'd have a case.
Dátum: 2011.05.26. 13:35:31
I just noticed that all the Auction House closing times on W2 were set back like 6 hours. They were just finally getting to where they closed while I was awake, and now they are back to closing at my midnight. It will take months and months before they are back where they were. This is totally unfair.
Dátum: 2011.05.17. 16:20:48
I've got my medallion, but how do I pick my other reward?
Dátum: 2011.05.06. 15:15:54
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.05.05. 16:22:05
Who was the first woman to appear on a US postage stamp?
Eleanor Roosevelt
Pocahontas
Queen Isabella I of Spain
Martha Washington

The question itself leads to ambiguity. The US Philatelic Society claims the Statue of Liberty (1873). Isabella was on a stamp with Columbus (1893). Martha Washington is often cited as an answer since she was the first real woman to have her own stamp (1902).

Not my question, but I have to disagree. The Statue of Liberty is a statue of a woman, not a woman, and it's not one of the choices anyway. And the question is phrased so as to eliminate any ambiguity with the Isabella/Martha thing. It asks who appears, so Isabella qualifies. Seems cut and dried to me.
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 16:39:36
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.05.01. 00:31:55
Which of these is most commonly associated with the phrase "Crime of the Century"?
The kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh's son
The Columbine shootings
The Great Train Robbery of 1963
Jeffrey Dahmer's serial killings

Almost all of these could be considered a "crime of the century"

Yes, but only one of the choices was consistently referred to as "The Crime of the Century" in the media coverage of its time. Only one of them appears on wikipedia's disambiguation page for "Crime of the Century". Only one of them had a movie made about it titled "Crime of the Century". It wouldn't be an interesting question if the wrong answers were so obviously wrong that they couldn't even be considered.
Dátum: 2011.04.25. 15:28:13
Idézet: Gemini - 2011.04.25. 13:17:37
The gold rush in California started in what year?
1849 <--

WRONG! None of the above: 1848

Depends on what is meant by "started". Gold was discovered in 48, but by the time the news traveled east and the miners traveled west, it was 49 before most of them arrived in California. Certainly, if you ask people here in California when the gold rush started, 9 out of 10 would say 1849. And the tenth one would probably say 1949... Given that there's good spacing between the answers, I don't see a problem with this one.
Dátum: 2011.04.14. 15:47:19
Idézet: zerokill - 2011.04.14. 11:50:59
Who was the first democratically elected President of Russia?

Mikhail Gorbachev
Nikita Khrushchev
Vladimir Putin
Boris Yeltsin

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
It's correct! Check in internet!

You didn't post the reason it was rejected. I'm sure I've seen basically the same question in the database.

Idézet: zerokill - 2011.04.14. 11:50:59
Who lost the final of American Idol season 3 to Fantasia Barrino?

Jasmine Trias
LaToya London
George Huff
Diana DeGarmo

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Yea but questions about bible is for special graup too! If i'm a budist i don't have a bible at all!

One of the guidelines states that questions about the 2nd place anything won't be accepted. You have to ask about the 1st place winner.
Dátum: 2011.04.14. 15:44:48
Idézet: Ilyanna - 2011.04.14. 05:27:58
In which band did Rod Stewart come to prominence?

Faces
The Jeff Beck Group
The Kinks
The Raiders

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

My guess would be this got rejected because the correct answer was marked - it's the only one missing a "The". Note that the spelling mistakes reason is used for a lot of things other than actual spelling mistakes, as it is one of the two reasons that don't carry a penalty. So if there aren't misspellings, you should read it as "We almost accepted this, but not quite."
Dátum: 2011.04.07. 13:35:52
Winning the prize just means that you registered and reached level 5 some time in the past. You could be level 100 at the time that you win the prize.
Dátum: 2011.04.05. 03:19:38
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.04.05. 03:11:56
I'm on a mac with Firefox 4.0 and I am experiencing my browser windows going black. I thought I had found the connection to scrolling, but it is now doing it without scrolling. It is only the doomlord site that it is happening on. If I ignore the black window and just open a new one, it will eventually make my whole screen go wonky until I switch out of firefox. If I just leave the black window and go work on another program, it will eventually come back to normal.
Prior to the black windows I was having crashing problems with the smoke off the sword in the banner picture.
Anyone else find any of this happening?

Not in FF 3.6 on a Mac. I've heard reports of various (non-DL-related) wonkiness with FF 4.0.
Dátum: 2011.03.30. 22:40:53
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.03.30. 21:08:32
Which of these is the highest number?
The number of people who watched the 2011 Superbowl
The number of different 5-card poker hands (with no wild cards)
The diameter of the Earth in meters
The population of the UK as of 2011

I think expecting someone to know or look-up all the unrelated numbers in the brief quiz time is asking a bit too much.

I was able to look them all up in 64 seconds.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 23:11:51
I am an NFL fan. If you tell me which 2 teams played in the Superbowl in the past 30 years, I could probably name the top players involved and even describe a few keys plays from the game. But I would have no clue what year the two teams played, nor would I know which two teams played given the year, unless the Chicago Bears were involved. My guess is most English Field Hockey fans would be similar. I don't like those kinds of questions, personally, regardless of what sport they are asking about. My argument here is very narrow: a lot more people are familiar with US football than English Field Hockey, by an order of magnitude. Beyond that, I'm just guessing, but my guess would be that makes it so questions regarding English Field Hockey need to be less trivial than those regarding US football to be accepted.

I also don't like the "special group" rejection category. Even though I know nothing whatsoever about English Field Hockey, if I can find the answer quickly via google, I think the question should be accepted. It doesn't hurt (much ) for me to learn something new.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 18:12:15
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.29. 16:05:09
Regarding 'number of people'. Are you saeriously suggesting that more people play US Football than Field Hockey? I rather doubt it!

I am seriously suggesting that more people are familiar with US Football than with English Field Hockey. The number of people who watch the Superbowl every year is roughly twice the population of the UK.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 15:42:01
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.29. 14:53:53
Leaders of countries are global information! I have no worries about that. Would you accept questions about minor government officials? I guess not.

There are several accepted questions about Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.29. 14:53:53
Anyway, I have set a question about Winners of the English Field Hockey Championships back in the 1980s and I will be amused if it is accepted but furious if it is not as it is comparable to the winners of Superbowl XV, for which there is already a question!

Comparable in terms of number of countries who would know something about the topic. But not in terms of the number of people.
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 14:33:31
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.26. 08:57:23
You can only drain SE if they have SE to drain, so if the character has 0 SE on him/her you will not drain any.

That was it, thanks. Anyone know if transcendal projection protects against soul drain too? I.e. if they have, say, 100 SE on them, with a couple of levels of TP, the duel reward will be 0 SE, and I'm guessing they will also be immune from soul drain.
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 04:35:20
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.03.26. 04:27:48
Relics can do this, like the friendship stone. But if you scry the character you get a list of all his bonuses, including drain protection. Then you can see if you are missing something

OK, I just scryed one of the characters. No drain protection showing whatsoever. And yet:

After a quick ruse you attack the undefended torso of ... with your Shadow whip. You deal 199 damage. Friar Tuck, Bucephalus, Fenrir and Jason attacks with a snarl. With 3 attacks they caused 118 damage.
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 03:12:36
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.25. 22:34:40
Not sure it's a bug, but it seems inconsistent to me: When I increase the Adventure skills skills it does not affect the cost of developing other skills, but when I increase other skills this affects the cost of increasing adventure skills.

That's how it's supposed to be. Oblivion is another one that doesn't increase the cost of developing other skills.

On another note, I noticed something that may or may not be a bug also. Against some players, when I hit with my weapon, I do not get any soul drain, even though their character sheet doesn't show anything with drain soul protection, or just shows the Zombietramplers, which only give 3% protection. Is there anything that gives drain soul protection which does not show up on character sheets?
Dátum: 2011.03.10. 18:13:43
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.03.10. 05:28:26
Which of these was not a real, historical pirate?
Black Bart Roberts
Edward Teach
Calico Jack Rackam
Long John Silver

Odd one out questions are frowned upon.

I know Viridel frowned upon them, but I don't believe that has ever been stated as part of the guidelines. Please direct me to the link that states it.

Rackam spelled wrong.

Not according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_Jack:
Rackham is often spelled as Rackam or Rackum in contemporary documentation
The sources I was looking stuff up in used the Rackam spelling, so that's what I used.

Also, even Long John is a real historical literary pirate.

Please. Long John Silver is a fictional character. Treasure Island is a real, historical book. Long John Silver is neither real nor historical. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/real says
existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/historical says
having once existed or lived in the real world, as opposed to being part of legend or fiction or as distinguished from religious belief

P.S. I do appreciate that you took the time to post with your reasoning, though. Thank you.
Dátum: 2011.03.09. 20:41:11
Idézet: Piko - 2011.03.09. 20:11:49
1.) Pet bazaar - it can be clan building or option for all players (i would prefer this). Here players could put their trained pets for sale. Currency could be ducats, AA points, treasure points...(it is to be decided). It would work like auction house and one player could put only one pet for sale. Reason for buying could be different like i would like to have pegasus or i would rather buy than train pet.

Anything involving transferring resources between players is a non-starter. You might get a little farther if you modify your proposal so that it's just the soul huckster selling pets. That would kind of replace the ability to target specific pets with your trapping skill, which is useless as currently implemented.