Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - quint

Oldal: 12345678910
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 07:13:52
Then it's something the developers didn't want to make public. (though I don't get it why) Edit: Or maybe they made a change which wasn't described on the Hungarian wiki. I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Phalanxii, you might encounter that message in case of regular characters too. The base rule of duels is that noone can be attacked more than 5 times in 3 hours. If you are the sixth person to attack the same character in the last 3 hours, you will get that error message instead of a battle. The reason behind this is that with each attack on the same target within the last 3 hours, the amount of SE you can loot from him is decreased by 20%. These percentages are what you can see in the duel list in the SE column. After 5 attacks within 3 hours, they reach 0% so no SE would be awarded to you even if you won.
Dátum: 2010.12.25. 22:24:20
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.25. 21:28:59
are you sure about that? because so far i'm ~ 0/20. doesn't look that random to me

Well, the main developer wrote on the Hungarian forums a while ago that in such cases, flipping a coin makes the decision, so I guess that's prety sure the way it is. Unless, of course, there is some bug in the program which even the developer isn't aware of. You could gather any such challenge from now and send it to the developers for investigations, maybe they do find some error.
Dátum: 2010.12.25. 21:08:50
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.25. 20:59:13
how exactly do challenges work in case of a draw?

i lost several times against people on the skills i have maxed (as attacker and defender).. lower level player wins?

Those situations should be extremely rare, but when they happen, it's decided by tossing a coin. One of the characters is picked randomly to win the challenge.
Dátum: 2010.12.25. 10:07:46
Merry Christmas Doomlords and Doomladies!
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 20:27:49
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.12.24. 18:08:27
quint,
I was agreeing with you. The equipment change, if made correctly, would make it much harder for the attacker to know the exact time to attack.

Cruel.

Oops, sorry about that. I misinterpreted it.
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 17:28:51
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.12.24. 15:14:51
@quint
The equipment change definitely makes the human click approach harder...

Those three dots add a nuance of sarcasm to what you wrote, but to make myself clear, I was referring to changing an equipment which gives considerable amount of constitution to the lowest level leather whatevers with no constitution bonus, thus coming out of safety ahead of time, then going unconscious by hitting the epic and putting on the normal equipment again.
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 09:22:14
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.12.24. 02:58:56
I didn't realise entities were level restricted? Does it mean if I invested 1 point in the AAC then I could then choose to battle entities 4 levels above my previous?

No, that's not it. The restriction refers to the number of entities you are allowed to challenge, and the limit is your level - 9.

Also, what is resistance? Just general damage resistance, resistance to spell effects/stun/critical hits etc?

LydonB is right, this is the resistance to the secondary effects of spells, and not to the damage itself.

Does healing potion mastery increase the efficiency of mana potions?

I can't be 100% sure about this, but usually the descriptions are pretty exact, so if it mentions only healing potions, it probably means only healing potions and not mana potions too.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 06:58:18
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.12.24. 00:46:01
Edit: You know what? I was thinking a little more about the matter and isn't easy to know when the person will have more than 15% life just by knowing their current life and constitution? Maybe it won't be possible to have 1 second precision, but a 10 second precision is more than enough for any attacker to manually click in the duel buttom non-stop.

Cruel.

That is exactly what I usually do when I want to attack someone and i see him below 15%. I just calculate the time when he should come out of safety (to the minute) and around that time, I try hitting him repeatedly by copying his name into the attack box and clicking the button. It doesn't take a lot of clicks when you know to the minute when he'll come out of safety. But that doesn't always work, sometimes I'm too late, someone has already hit him, other times it fails because the target uses a healing potion then attacks the epic monster or changes equipment first and gets below 15% for a long time again. You can't be prepared for such unexpected events. The whole issue here was triggered by one player seemingly being aware of other people's otherwise unpredictable actions. Of course, it cannot be exluded that there is a logical explanation to this, we'll just have to wait and see if it gets sorted out or not.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 14:34:57
Idézet: Hrus - 2010.12.23. 13:33:44
Everytime I execute someone, the battle ends immediatly after the lst blow, even if it is the spell which executed him.

Maybe because you also knock them unconscious. If that doesn't happen, the battle ends normally, after all rounds are complete, and execution is applied if possible.
Dátum: 2010.12.21. 18:42:11
I was correct, it's the way I described it, with the slight exception that the random value is between 1 and Strength. I added some new information to the page of Strength, and I translated all the ability pages except for Luck.

The Auction Hall items list was also loaded, thanks to Birka and Baraty.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 17:18:26
RND is a random function, it generates a random value between 0 and Strength and this is added to the weapon damage. That is, if I interpret this correctly, but there's someone I can ask about this when I see him online, just to be sure.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 15:32:58
I know what you meant, Cruel, but as ChaoticGemini says, you can rarely find exact formulas for online games. I can only offer the bits of information present at the Hungarian wiki which I'm trying to translate entirely. As I said, on the ability pages you can find some of that information already. In fact, there exist information about damage bonus on the page for Strength, and there will be information about the chance to hit on the page for Luck when I get to translate it.
Dátum: 2010.12.18. 07:27:13
Some public formulas exist, check the abilities page, especially the pages of individual abilities. I'm yet to finish translating some of them, I'll let you know when I'm done.
Dátum: 2010.12.16. 18:05:43
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.12.16. 09:16:32
I understand that d00m, but I wasn't even send to low HP, on bigger lvls I guess it evens out, but on lower level it creates an anomaly. This is simulating combat, and he didn't even scratch me or send me to low HP but he "executed me" . Not logicaly sound, even though I understand the mathematics part of it. IMHO it should be impossible to execute opponetnt if you don't send him at least to low HP.

If this was a real life fight my 277 damage would equal me ripping of his head while his 15 would not even draw my blood, and yet he won. This is role playing game after all and I would like it to make some sense.

Getting him to 1 HP would equal ripping his head off. Besides, I don't think that his execution works if you get him unconscious, but this is something that needs to be confirmed. Anyway, you have a point there, but this is definitely not a bug, it's by design. And while you're right about this not being logical, I think it is a necessary evil, something that gives the weaker characters a way to keep away master looters. I don't think the devs will ever change it.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 16:54:36
Only one: maybe your clan has finished anther level of the Magic Hut, and those pets' maximum HP has increased thanks to the hut. That's the only logical explanation I can think of.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 10:25:49
I added the adventures information page, check it out for more information about the way adventures work. You can find it in the Activities menu.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 08:04:55
Actually, there is a threshold value for skill tests at each level: the average of the skills of players of that level. (this is computed twice a day) So it is normal that this threshold increases each time you level up.

As for having to repeat tests for which you used CPs, my advice is to observe the amount of HP you usually lose in adventure battles and try to anticipate whether you have enough in order to complete the next adventure. If not, better wait until you do. The same goes for SE/HP/SP requirement in adventures. Of course, this only works when you know in advance what test you'll encounter, but that's why I created the page http://doomlord.wikidot.com/adventures where you can look up adventures and see if you are prepared to pass the tests. For adventures not on that list, you'll just have to make sure that you do them with close to full HP and SP, with potions of each type prepared and with enough SE on you. This way, you can minimize the chance of losing CPs on adventures you might have to try again later. It also doesn't hurt set the maximum number of CPs that can be used in an adventure to some really high value. (like 500 or 1000, just to be sure)

I know this doesn't change the fact that you're still going to lose some CPs from time to time, but if you give yourself enough chance to complete an adventure in one try, the chance of losing CPs will decrease drastically. And I think that's the only way to counter this feature (I wouldn't call it a bug or error, since it's probably the way it's intended to work), because the admns will definitely not change it.
Dátum: 2010.12.12. 20:31:48
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.12. 20:16:23
But if you piss off players, they will buy fewer (or no) stones. Treating customers with respect is the best way to keep customers.

Trust me, there will always be enough paying customers. Just count the number of people present on this forums. About 10 to 20, and of those, only a few are complaining about things and saying they won't be buying any more ancient stones. The rest of the players are comfortable enough with the way things are now so as to continue paying for the game. (well, at least those who have been also paying so far...the rest make no difference) Not to mention all the people on the Hungarian worlds paying for the game. I'm sure most of the developers' income is from the Hungarian worlds. In fact, I believe the English worlds didn't achieve the desired population/popularity, hence the relative indifference they are treated with by the admins. A mere assumption from me, but I would be surprised if it wasn't so.

The bottom line is that they can afford losing a few paying customers as long as most of the people are going to stay and pay anyway.
Dátum: 2010.12.10. 11:37:35
Finally I have completed the skills page and all individual skill pages. Check it for information and formulas you can't find in-game.
Dátum: 2010.12.09. 15:01:42
Idézet: Random - 2010.12.09. 12:00:59
The championship in the first and the twenty-fourth categories failed because of a technical problem.

But we made up for it today.

Congratulations for the champions!

I wish you did something about the bug too, which prevented my character from participating.
Oldal: 12345678910