Szerző
Topic neve: Sugestion box
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Sugestion box
361. hozzászólás - 2010.12.10. 05:28:42
To be able to use "capitulation" button during wars, one should have at least 3 votes in his clan.

Had one too many of " I just wanted to see what it does".
Pontszám: 5
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
362. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 03:55:49
Ok, I'm really upset by this. One of my attribute scores isn't very high, but I have a lot of Crystals. Passing this adventure took a LOT of them on one category. Unfortunately I lost the battle. Now I have to use a pile of Crystals AGAIN in order to just get to the point where I might win the fight again???

How is this fair? How does this make any sense?

I want to hear from somebody on this one, because I can see quitting the game over something like this - it completely screws up how I built my character.
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
363. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 06:01:59 (Válasz Galana #362 hozzászólására.)
You are not supposed to use a lot of crystal points on an adventure. They should be the exception since adventures is a way to help you increase your abilities. Now ofcourse if an adventure is too much for you now, my personal way was to abandon it until i reach a better skill/ability level. In other words dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure. Just pick out which you can do now and discard the rest for later
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
364. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 07:25:15 (Válasz stekkos #363 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.11. 06:01:59
You are not supposed to use a lot of crystal points on an adventure. They should be the exception since adventures is a way to help you increase your abilities. Now ofcourse if an adventure is too much for you now, my personal way was to abandon it until i reach a better skill/ability level. In other words dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure. Just pick out which you can do now and discard the rest for later

Interesting... Instead of providing information as to WHY this stupidity exists, you're telling me how to manage my character. From what I have seen, the necessary levels for attributes increase as one goes up in levels. Therefore, unless I build my character exactly to the specifications that game wants, I will always be deficient somewhere. I am amongst the highest skill-per-level players in the game. I can get Crystals. But when I am forced to repeatedly spend them just for an opportunity to pass an adventure; that's just crappy game management, by an administration team that feels little need to make their presence felt in the public area.

I've researched the threads on Adventures. Nobody agrees with how they work. I am a Skill-Heavy Builder. I do not have strong attributes, nor do I care to. So don't tell me how to play my game. Tell me how to get something that is clearly broken, fixed.
A hozzászólást Galana módosította 2010.12.11. 07:33:58-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
365. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 07:42:59 (Válasz Galana #364 hozzászólására.)
I said "dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure" so i did not in any way tell you to change your way of game just so you can complete an adventure. I gave you my personal thought on what you could do. If it does not apply in your case then fine. Have in mind though that not being able to complete adventures could be a side effect of the development path you choose, so it is part of how you decided to play the game. However check this out:

http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/Adventures.html

That way you can know in advance how much chance you have in passing an adventure before you start it.

Other than that, changing the actual way the adventure system works is beyond my abilities. I decided to help you with these tips, no one forces you to accept any or all of them.
averagePringovich
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
366. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 12:06:24
It will be good to pay for Ancient stones with sms
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
367. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 14:15:17
Good advice imo, you can check most adventures on wikidot to see exactly what tests they have. So you can pick the ones that don't have any tests in the beginning that require large amounts of CP. If it's the last test, you won't need to spend twice for sure, so it won't be that bad. Personally I'm thinking of just skipping any adventures that give SD returns that are lower than CP cost * 2.

Of course that won't change the fact that many would be happier if you only needed to spend CP once...
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
368. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 18:27:20 (Válasz Pringovich #366 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pringovich - 2010.12.11. 12:06:24
It will be good to pay for Ancient stones with sms

I second that. Only reason why I don't use premium is cause my debit card doesn't support pay-pal/internet transactions and I can't be bothered with paying via bank or something.
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
369. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 23:21:25 (Válasz MsPiggy #367 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.12.11. 14:15:17
Of course that won't change the fact that many would be happier if you only needed to spend CP once...

That's all I'm asking for. If you pass a test, it stays passed. Just like fights. Just like questions. Just like HP and SP stuff. I want to know WHY a passed test resets when none of the other categories do. Soul Diamonds are an important currency in the game, so restricting the ability for someone to accumulate them crates further imbalance in the game.

Like I said, I'm willing to pay if my level isn't high enough; but it's absolute garbage to have to pay twice or more. I don't see why I should have to use a cheat sheet to get around an obvious flaw in the game. Just fix the flaw!
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
370. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 11:47:36 (Válasz Galana #369 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Galana - 2010.12.11. 23:21:25

That's all I'm asking for. If you pass a test, it stays passed. Just like fights. Just like questions. Just like HP and SP stuff. I want to know WHY a passed test resets when none of the other categories do. Soul Diamonds are an important currency in the game, so restricting the ability for someone to accumulate them crates further imbalance in the game.

Like I said, I'm willing to pay if my level isn't high enough; but it's absolute garbage to have to pay twice or more. I don't see why I should have to use a cheat sheet to get around an obvious flaw in the game. Just fix the flaw!

They won't, it's a "milking" opportunity.

A lot of players just buy cp's via the AS potion; thus they make money. If they implement a fix for it, they make less money.

And they simply won't admit that fact. It all falls down to how much money they make; and as long as players give them money; they'll have a "F you all" attitude.
Pontszám: 6.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
371. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 20:16:23 (Válasz LydonB #370 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.12.12. 11:47:36
Idézet: Galana - 2010.12.11. 23:21:25

They won't, it's a "milking" opportunity.

A lot of players just buy cp's via the AS potion; thus they make money. If they implement a fix for it, they make less money.

And they simply won't admit that fact. It all falls down to how much money they make; and as long as players give them money; they'll have a "F you all" attitude.

But if you piss off players, they will buy fewer (or no) stones. Treating customers with respect is the best way to keep customers.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
372. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 20:31:48 (Válasz Viridel #371 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.12. 20:16:23
But if you piss off players, they will buy fewer (or no) stones. Treating customers with respect is the best way to keep customers.

Trust me, there will always be enough paying customers. Just count the number of people present on this forums. About 10 to 20, and of those, only a few are complaining about things and saying they won't be buying any more ancient stones. The rest of the players are comfortable enough with the way things are now so as to continue paying for the game. (well, at least those who have been also paying so far...the rest make no difference) Not to mention all the people on the Hungarian worlds paying for the game. I'm sure most of the developers' income is from the Hungarian worlds. In fact, I believe the English worlds didn't achieve the desired population/popularity, hence the relative indifference they are treated with by the admins. A mere assumption from me, but I would be surprised if it wasn't so.

The bottom line is that they can afford losing a few paying customers as long as most of the people are going to stay and pay anyway.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 8.25
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
373. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 23:01:26
i don`t know anything about cp, but it would be nice from you guys to make
premium equipment available for all. for something thats worth 20 as
can also be bought with 100burn-out ones too, or something like that?
if not, well, i`m sure i`m not the only one who would like those shiny pet toys
available in that way
Pontszám: 5.33
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
374. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 05:13:04
Personally i pay for the game because i want all of my options available. I was buying crystal potions for AS, then reached repeatable quests and stopped since a combination of challanges and quests was more that enough in getting cp. + by increasing my abilities/skills it made the use of cp much less. Also i wasnt buying pet equipment, except maybe once for xp gain, due to the high AS cost. But then i got the relic for reducing the AS prices for pet equipment to half. So now i consider getting some. This 2 examples show that they are not trying to force AS spending, they give the chance to whoever whants to do things either faster, or without using se in some cases, to have that option.

On the other hand, ofcourse they want people to give money, who wouldnt? That is what supports the game. But i did a little reasearch in other browser games and this one is the only one by far that when it says you can play for free, it means it! No other game implements the ability to buy premium things in such a way that is purely optional. It does not give you such an advantage that will make the rest feel like second grade players. Any non paying can still compete and become the top in skills/abilities/duels/xp/etc.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
375. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 06:53:45 (Válasz stekkos #374 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.13. 05:13:04
Personally i pay for the game because i want all of my options available. I was buying crystal potions for AS, then reached repeatable quests and stopped since a combination of challanges and quests was more that enough in getting cp. + by increasing my abilities/skills it made the use of cp much less. Also i wasnt buying pet equipment, except maybe once for xp gain, due to the high AS cost. But then i got the relic for reducing the AS prices for pet equipment to half. So now i consider getting some. This 2 examples show that they are not trying to force AS spending, they give the chance to whoever whants to do things either faster, or without using se in some cases, to have that option.

On the other hand, ofcourse they want people to give money, who wouldnt? That is what supports the game. But i did a little reasearch in other browser games and this one is the only one by far that when it says you can play for free, it means it! No other game implements the ability to buy premium things in such a way that is purely optional. It does not give you such an advantage that will make the rest feel like second grade players. Any non paying can still compete and become the top in skills/abilities/duels/xp/etc.

I agree, i ve never seen an online game that is less greedy that this one, for non prem there are so many options and thats unusal in online games, i think its a fair balance between pay and no pay and i defo dont think they are being greedy, i only wish we could grow the game even more cos i bet with a bigger layer base the developers would really put all other games to shame.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
376. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 07:04:52 (Válasz D00ml0rd #375 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.13. 06:53:45
I agree, i ve never seen an online game that is less greedy that this one, for non prem there are so many options and thats unusal in online games, i think its a fair balance between pay and no pay and i defo dont think they are being greedy, i only wish we could grow the game even more cos i bet with a bigger layer base the developers would really put all other games to shame.

Travian, a FAR larger game with many, many, MANY times more players is far more playable for free than Doomlord.

The thing is - I'm willing to pay if I am receiving a legitimate benefit. Pet equipment (although there should be lower-grade stuff available for just SE too), premium membership, acceleration options, etc. These are legitimate. Adventures though, are just quickly becoming a big negative for me - I just went up a level, and the Attribute requirements for an adventure I wrote just went up 15-20 points each! I went from spending about 20 CPs on my adventure to almost 80! The value just isn't there - so instead of spending Stones here and there to get that little boost - if I stop Adventuring at all, then my game suffers, plus I don't spend as much money on the game. When you don't provide value, then everyone loses.

Really, if the Crystal Potion cost 2 DP and 1 AS, would that really hurt the bottom line? Wouldn't people be 5x as likely to buy that over the potion costing 5 DP and 5 AS? Wouldn't people be FAR more likely to buy the AS potion over the SE one? For me personally, I buy several SE ones for every AS one. If it cost 1 AS instead of 5, I would exclusively buy the AS version (and likely a lot more). But by being greedy, Doomlord loses revenue from me - and others who say that they discard Adventures that have too high a cost. If the cost was lowered to a "value" amount, would people still discard the adventures. It's really that simple
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.12.13. 07:59:16-kor
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
377. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 07:56:49 (Válasz Viridel #376 hozzászólására.)
Send an e-mail to Miklós or one of the admins. Editing values in adventures and reducing costs of potions are their decision. I sometimes have to spend 150 CP in one adventure on the hun server at lvl 60 so I support the reduction.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
378. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 08:00:24 (Válasz Kethios #377 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.13. 07:56:49
Send an e-mail to Miklós or one of the admins. Editing values in adventures and reducing costs of potions are their decision. I sometimes have to spend 150 CP in one adventure on the hun server at lvl 60 so I support the reduction.

Well, Mik, you're our "Player Advocate". There are several suggestions in play right now, so when is your next "meeting" planned?
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
379. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 08:04:55 (Válasz Viridel #376 hozzászólására.)
Actually, there is a threshold value for skill tests at each level: the average of the skills of players of that level. (this is computed twice a day) So it is normal that this threshold increases each time you level up.

As for having to repeat tests for which you used CPs, my advice is to observe the amount of HP you usually lose in adventure battles and try to anticipate whether you have enough in order to complete the next adventure. If not, better wait until you do. The same goes for SE/HP/SP requirement in adventures. Of course, this only works when you know in advance what test you'll encounter, but that's why I created the page http://doomlord.wikidot.com/adventures where you can look up adventures and see if you are prepared to pass the tests. For adventures not on that list, you'll just have to make sure that you do them with close to full HP and SP, with potions of each type prepared and with enough SE on you. This way, you can minimize the chance of losing CPs on adventures you might have to try again later. It also doesn't hurt set the maximum number of CPs that can be used in an adventure to some really high value. (like 500 or 1000, just to be sure)

I know this doesn't change the fact that you're still going to lose some CPs from time to time, but if you give yourself enough chance to complete an adventure in one try, the chance of losing CPs will decrease drastically. And I think that's the only way to counter this feature (I wouldn't call it a bug or error, since it's probably the way it's intended to work), because the admns will definitely not change it.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 8
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
380. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 08:14:00 (Válasz Viridel #378 hozzászólására.)
when you'll send me a detailed message about the suggestions you want to be discussed.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!