Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Miklos

Dátum: 2009.12.26. 21:15:07
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2009.11.01. 21:38:44
I think it should be wise to allow deleting posts which haven't been replied to ( so I don't have to write this instead of deleting it )

This is a common practice in forums that users can't delete their posts, for numerous reasons, sorry...

Idézet: stekkos - 2009.12.21. 15:55:50
Isnt there a way to have our bid increased even if we have not been overbiden? I bit on an item 30 and iwant to bid 35 lets say but i only have 20 left, so it will not accept it. If we bid on something we are the highest bidder, then the sum already there should count as well (so i just bid 5 to the item and my 30 already there become 35)

Sorry, you just can't overbid your own bid I can imagine a rare occassion when you would need this - like you have highest bid, you get additional ducats, and you will be not at the computer at end of the bid - so I will forward it to the programmer to do it when he have the time.

Idézet: Hrus - 2009.12.03. 08:43:37
What I don't understand is how the soul-energy squeeze is computed.
I had a soul-squeezing lvl 20 which should gave me bonus of +400%, but I squeezed 1161, 1234, 943 SE - suggesting that the base is not an integer number. (Base should be 232.2, 246.8, 188.6 for these examples)

I think this is because the base is not an integer number - but of course, it is rounded when the hunt reward is calculated. For example, a creature's SE during hunt computes as 232.2, but of course you get the rounded amount, 232. But for squeezing, the computer rounds only at the end of the calculation.

Idézet: Hrus - 2009.12.19. 17:08:39
In a War Archive when I click "Details" next to a war, I get HTTP 404 error - page not found.

Because the wars before the patch has no such records, this might happen, but once the recording of the tables gets established, it will not happen again.

Idézet: R_I_P - 2009.12.19. 17:36:13
When one of my pets is healing, this message displays for the another ones: "You can heal again in 0 time"

Thanks, I will forward it to the programmer. Did it happen more than once?

Idézet: Valkyrie - 2009.12.23. 13:48:23
Also, there is a bug on the Auction hall screen - only the name of the first item is listed, the others don't have a name.
(gosh, I really think our effort and contribution in finding bugs should be rewarded somehow...like, giving gold ducats perhaps? )

Thanks as well, forwarding it to the programmer. Sorry we can't reward finding bugs besides thanking you and giving a virtual hug

Don't forget, the patch was quite big, so there were a few text problems, but it was corrected quite quickly. If you see anything else, please let us know.
Dátum: 2009.12.16. 10:54:57
To advance your learning skill beyond 30, and learn the powerful new skills available at higher levels, your clan must build an academy first.
Dátum: 2009.12.14. 16:08:51
Sorry for the delay in replying to your problems.

Considering championship categories: the listed category numbers are correct. However, it is possible that someone enters the championship when level 31. Later, when you check the results, and you click on his name, you see his ACTUAL level. So if he advanced 1-2 levels since entering the championship, you will see his actual state. Of course, he participated in the championship with the level, equipment and the stats at the moment of entering. This could have been the case. But if you are more specific about your problems (name of characters, your level upon entering, their info etc) I will check this in more detail.

A character may delete himself at any time if he/she chooses to. It may happen - although not too often - that someone enters the championship, and shortly after he deletes himself. His entry and participation was still valid, regardless of his actions afterwards.
Dátum: 2009.12.14. 15:53:49
To change your avatar, click Settings below your picture in the upper left corner. Next to upload avatar, click the button, and find the avatar picture on your computer. Please note size restrictions. When you are done with that, scroll down a bit, find the Current Password field. Type in your login password, then click Profile customization.
If you still need help, please contact us in email to get direct help, at
info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net
Dátum: 2009.12.14. 15:26:50
On Wednesday, the Doomlord server will be coming down for a scheduled patch between 8 AM and 12:30 PM GMT (3 AM - 7: 30 AM EST). Patch notes:

- Dimension gate: creatures now may drop focus crystals for rings and necklaces.
- Misc / Acceleration / Maximum action points: added a bonus, you can duel 3 times in a row instead of 2 without getting a penalty.
- Acceleration options can be purchased now for 50 ancients stones as well. Those who purchased them for 200 APts may now opt to exchange back the APts for the stones.
- Clan buildings:
Added underworld pit.
Citadel of destruction hits cannot be neutralized with mana constuction.
If a clan never possessed the Tower of Power, now gets a bonus when building the Tower equal to the total possession of other clans.
Epic monument now can have a second level. It makes possible for the clan members to fight solo epic opponents, called entities.
- Clan wars: Added detailed of statistics of which member won and lost how many times.
- Focus crystals: added a button to erase focus crystal from an item (so you don't have to sell the item if you would like to put the same focus in your new item)
- Added torture chamber info to the info bar on the top of the screen.
- Quiz medal no longer can be sold in the auction house.
- While hunting, premium members regenerate spell points faster instead of hit points.

Also we uploaded everything for the adventure system. This will add a button from level 40, "Adventures". You will be able to find adventures during hunting and duelling. Players will be even able to write adventures themselves! The reward for completing adventures will be soul diamond, which can buy you new exotic armors and other equipments. The adventure system will not go live with the above patch yet, we will do a thorough testing first. Hopefully it will go live soon after players reach level 40.
Dátum: 2009.09.25. 13:51:00
The first championship will be held next week, Friday, 2nd of October. I am posting a news now.
Dátum: 2009.09.12. 21:38:04
Idézet: hrolf - 2009.09.11. 16:55:21
Who was Ringo Starr?

drummer for The Beatles
guitarist for Van Halen
Bass player for The Monkeys
actor in hope floats

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

I remember this one. It was written all small caps, names, everything...

Idézet: Viridel - 2009.09.10. 20:24:40

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Atlanta ___?
Hawks
Falcons
Thrashers
Jays

Problem is that this is an international game. This might be not so difficult for an US resident, but quite specific for an European. You are lucky that your first such question was accepted but it doesn't mean that you have to ask the hockey team of every city.

I checked the bad word filter, "fossilized" was filtered out because it contained a non-English badword, I removed this filter.

Idézet: Alatus - 2009.09.11. 21:16:56
What is the square root of (1000 x 1000)?
1,000,000 (or 1.000.000)

Sorry, we do not accept simple math questions, like X+Y=? X*Y=? etc. If we would, very soon everyone would be making such questions. You never see such questions in quiz shows either. It is no accident that we have a reject option specifically for this type.
Dátum: 2009.09.01. 11:34:17
The original concept of the quiz evaluation was: let the players do it. Whenever a new question was posted, it was asked from 30-40 players, and all of them had the opportunity to evaluate it. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like: 8 "delete" -> it was deleted, 12 "wrong question" -> it became a wrong question, 15 "good question" -> it became a good question. The result was a disaster. People let pass many bad questions, while some very good - but more difficult - questions were rejected. So we replaced the system with the current one: quiz admins evaluate the questions. Quiz admins are people who asked many good questions, understand, accept and follow the evaluation rules, and earned our trust.
Of course, it is always a bit subjective if a question is good or bad. If I say, the "people evaluate" system was 50% faulty, the quiz admin system was much better, like only 1-3% faulty. Sometimes the quiz admins make mistakes, but very rarely. And if a mistake is made, you can still complain here in the forum, or in email. If a bad question was accepted, we can correct it afterwards. If you think your question was rejected, you can still ask the reason.
Maybe the system could be further optimalized - as you suggest, a question is not evaluated by 1 admin, but a team of admins. However, to do this, we need a lot more admins, especially when the number of players grow. Also, to become a quiz admin, volunteering is not enough. If you are active on the forum, you have intelligent posts, and you also post good questions, then we are happy to give you the appointment. But until then, we can't just appoint anyone who volunteers, or case 1.) happens.
Dátum: 2009.08.25. 10:50:18
So far, you could ask your own quiz question only for every 100 questions you answered correctly. For 4 weeks, we lower this limit to 30, so you can ask your question for every 30 correct answers. So if your question is rejected for some reason, you can write a new one after a short time.
Dátum: 2009.08.17. 20:28:36
Maybe the first time when you deleted the email, you deleted it with the spam button. So the next time when you got an email from us, it automatically went to your spam folder, check the mail there. If you got the first email, then you are supposed to get the second as well. If it doesn't work, contact customer support at info @ doomlord (dot) net.
Dátum: 2009.08.16. 16:32:33
Quite out-of topic comment

The only way to get ancient stones is to buy them, sorry (okay, you get a few for the first questionnaire, but that's all).

About challenges, the next one coming up is the championship, more details at the veteran forum...
also check New possibilities by level
Dátum: 2009.08.16. 16:27:12
You continually regenerate action points. You get 30 apts per 24 hour (so one every 48 minutes), 37 if you are premium member.

Clan approvals are done several times a day during workdays, on weekends, you have to wait more. I approved clans now.
Dátum: 2009.08.14. 20:44:54
Evaluating a question sometimes is a bit subjective. Sometimes it's pretty obvious if a question is good or bad, sometimes, like in your case, it's hard to decide. The 1998 world cup was a long time ago, for most people this would be a difficult question because they would simply not remember. Some admin would say it was too specific, some would say it is very difficult but they would accept it. Either way, if your question gets rejected, you can't undo it - it's not a big deal, I'm sure you will write many more questions during the course of gameplay which will be accepted.
Dátum: 2009.08.13. 16:01:42
Thank you for your comments, I forwarded them to the programmer.
Dátum: 2009.08.13. 15:56:07
The uploaded avatars don't appear instantly. They have to be approved by an admin first (but you don't have to wait long for that).
Dátum: 2009.07.28. 20:31:32
Thank you, your help is really appreciated, corrections will be made soon!
Dátum: 2009.07.24. 14:08:12
You can buy ancient stones for Hungarian Forints as well, using the bank transfer option, 520 / 2080 / 5200 HuF as on the previous worlds. You can use the paypal option as well (you will pay in euro but the bank will charge you in your own currency). Mobile phone payment will be not available in the near future.
Dátum: 2009.07.23. 15:50:52
World 1 of Doomlord has launched today, on 23th of July. Have fun playing!
Dátum: 2009.07.15. 22:21:36
Some words about strategies, based on testing information. Spoiler alert! If you like experimenting stop reading now.

The ability focuser: The essence of this strategy is not to buy any items initially but to spend all the SE on increasing skills, as all items need to be replaced sooner or later. They only buy items if it means a huge advancement.
Disadvantage: you will actually save some SE but will lose more battles, since by buying items you can get higher ability scores using the same amount of SE and if you lose battles you will not get as many experience points.

The aggressive dueller (a.k.a. "spider"): Be as powerful compared to your level as possible. Less hunt, more duels: get as much SE from duels as possible via the skills creative affinity and execution. Increase abilities and pet level a lot before starting to level.
Disadvantage: the spider is usually out of the real competition, because falls back in level advancement, but at least will be able to beat the lower level players easily.

The builder: Joins a clan immediately and spends all SE on building so no one will be able to steal from him and he will also almost always lose. Of course this strategy also has its tricks. Building increases luck, which gives you more SE when hunting, because you will have a better chance of attacking a bigger monster. Additionally, he will have more treasure points in epic battles. Also he will not be attacked as often and will get a lot of benefits from buildings.
Disadvantage: Don’t forget that the clan gives only indirect support for your character and the strength of your clan relies on how much others invest in it. You can build as much as you want if the others don’t care about the clan.

The optimizer: they play in a most bizarre way, not like a real Doomlord would... Their only purpose is to maximise the use of SE and everything else is secondary. They deliberately get beaten, down to 1 HP, so that they can gather SE, increase their abilities so they will always have little SE and when hitting level 4, immediately focus on skills that increase the flow of soul energy, ignoring other skills abilities and equipment.
Disadvantage: The optimizer will bit the dust quite a lot initially and won’t be in the top ten for a while, but if he is capable, will dominate others eventually.

Of course most players use a mix of these strategies, but it is worth building up, defining and following a clear strategy.
Dátum: 2009.07.15. 22:15:50
Some information about skills:
You can learn skills when you reach level 4, not before.
If you have learned a skill, you cannot delete it (well, you can, but only at much higher level)
The basic skill is learning. If you increase it, you will be able to learn new and new skills.
Skills can be increased by spending soul energy, like abilities. The higher the skill, the more expensive it is to increase it. The sum of your skills points also determines the cost of increasing a skill.
Skills can be divided into different groups.
Space-time skills influence duels and hunting, the soul energy, experience points you get for them and other factors.
Obviously, if you duel a lot you should increase those skills that augment duelling.
Or at level 10 you can learn elementary fusion, which gives you additional action points.
The first skill about pets is trapping (at learning level 3) which enables you to trap pets when hunting. If you are able to catch one, a new menu option, animals, will be displayed on the left. Your pet needs to be trained first (training skill at learning level 4) and then will be able to lend you a hand/paw/claw in battle. You can also buy equipment for your pet at the soul-huckster.
There are also battle skills (which increase your chances of winning but require a high level of learning) and other skills (that cannot be put in the categories, such as trade, which makes it possible to buy items that are higher level than you)
At higher levels of learning not every level gives you a new skill.
And finally some bonus information:
At level 20 you can learn mind boost, which increases other skills (but only one at a time) provisionally for magic points.
Execution also increases the SE you gain from a winning duel.