Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Miklos

Dátum: 2012.02.28. 12:49:19
Trackur: I have the problem resolved for you. There was no bug. The Crystal Horde capitulated to you - which resulted in a peace treaty. If you have peace treaty with them, you can't attack at all for a while - UNLESS you have Hall of War. Build it asap and you will never have this problem.

Bartessica: Is your character Elvenwind? I check it and your hp and mana looks good, maybe you regenerated it back since?
Dátum: 2012.02.28. 12:22:49
Sometimes it might happen that your system administrator bans webpages... If he did it to www.doomlord.net but not to forum.doomlord.net, you might try world1.doomlord.net (or whichever world you are on).
Dátum: 2012.02.28. 12:20:45
I asked Baraty about this, he is working on this, and will try to correct it for you asap. It must be something with peace treaty.
Dátum: 2012.02.21. 12:22:19
We are launching a new map event now. There will be changes based on player feedback:

1.) You can change up to 2 times, and no later than 1 week before the end of the event. During the first change you lose 15% of your map pieces, during the second, 30 percent. The team you leave gets this amount (not 100, as before!) and the team you join gets the same amount.

2.) If you collected 50 (or a modified value of 50) piece, you get one better reward. Now we expand this, if you collect 100, you get 2 grades better, if 150, three grades better (but you still get platinum only if you had a gold already previously).

3.) There was a negative handicap multiplier to finding probability if you had several rewards from previous events. This negative handicap is no more. But we still give +10% bonus to those who do not have a reward.
Dátum: 2012.02.18. 10:25:07
No worries, Thumper, this round your clanmates will do the manaconstruction for you too, and I'm sure by the next round you will have the skill too.
Dátum: 2012.02.06. 14:59:54
Thanks for the great work, Phalanxii! I added a summary to the opening post as you suggested.
Dátum: 2012.02.03. 12:19:13
Today we added a new feature to the Doomlord online game: clan quests! The prerequisite for clan quests is to build up a new building, castle to level 25. As soon as it is done, you will have a new button, clan quests on your clan page where you will get additional information.
Dátum: 2012.01.27. 20:59:54
The frozen heart can get you extra targets, did you try that?
Dátum: 2012.01.13. 13:34:04
Yes, the formula will be the same.
Dátum: 2012.01.13. 13:33:16
I see the problem.
On the HUN version, after the Respec button there is an explanation (it will cost 3 AA points). Here, it is missing. We are adding it right now, sorry for the inconvenience. Falco please toss a mail to our GM with your char name / world if you did not want to change the pet skills and want the AA pts reimbursed.
Dátum: 2012.01.09. 16:02:17
As a mathematician, I always wondered if poker is the ultimate way to get rich. I read all the books, understood the math, and when I was ready, I started to play. There are many exellent poker sites, so it was an easy start, practiced with play money, and when I won a lot, I started to play for real cash. I never risked too much, it was rather for fun than money-making. I was amazed at the simplicity and yet addicitiveness of the game, but the high luck factor always frustrated me a bit. In a couple of months I managed to double my not-too-big bankroll, but I always had the feeling I was just an inch away from losing all. I never managed to win a real big tournament, but still I had success and fun.
How many of you play poker? What do you think, is it a game of luck or a game of skill? Do you have any poker stories?
Dátum: 2012.01.04. 15:13:27
Dear Players,

The next event we shall launch in Doomlord will be the War of the Hucksters. There was already one round of this event a half year ago, here is the topic:

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,109.0

There will be 1 week preregistration period, during which you can collect event points by hunting. The preregistration begins next week (more exact date will follow soon).
During the event, players fight against each other and against player clones. Depending on your performance, you will get rewards (bronze, silver, gold, platinum if you already had gold) depending on your performance, which you can choose from a list. And best of bests get a special medal. See more details in the above topic, and post your questions here.
Dátum: 2011.12.20. 11:36:08
Update: looks like the problem is indeed with paypal. Now we increased the response time from 30 sec to 1 min (normally this should be only 1-2 seconds), and they are obviously aware of the problem too, they are double-checking payments now so prolly there will be fewer complaints - as our new logs show, everything was fine today and yesterday. Still, if you need help, feel free to contact me even during the holidays.
Dátum: 2011.12.18. 21:30:44
Dear Valkyre, please drop an email to our GM at info doomlord net and she will help you with those things of course.

I am here just trying to give greater insight to you how things work And I did not give up on perfecting that sql further so it always gives the perfect result, will discuss that with the programmer as soon as possible.
Dátum: 2011.12.18. 21:27:56
I just got home, checked all payments. I added the stones for Oryu. Dolp13, if you still dont see the stones, drop me a pm here in forum, with world, char name and under what name you made the paypal payment, and I will fix that in the morning. Thank you for your patience. I contacted paypal already but I got no anwer yet. Prolly chrismas puts a big pressure on their server. Looks like they still register 4 payment out of 5, but that does not comfort me... if you are in the 20% contact us and I'll help you ASAP.
Dátum: 2011.12.16. 19:17:37
Okay, I will try to explain the problem in more detail...

I tried quite a few browser games. General solution is, you have to type up the target's name, or you attack someone from the top list and the computer decides if you can do it or so. Or its just a simple system, you can attack anyone at any time. So all these solutions are very primitive

We tried to create a system as sophisticated as possible. We list players, who:
- are in a specified level range (depending on your level and your settings)
- were not attacked in the last 5 minutes
- you did not attack them in a specified interval depending on your skill
- are not at peace with your clan and are not a member of your clan
- we try to select targets which have the highest % yield
- we do not look for one target but instantly offer a couple valid targets
- are not hinding in the catacombs and are not suspended
- are not protected by the 5 seconds aa ability
The sql query which does this is a half screen size, it's mere sight can feeblemind weaker minded people and the guy who created is a real programmer genius.
And the problem is not even it's complexity. When calculating attack times, at some point it must use some kind of approximation, otherwise it would be too slow.
But anyway, I will ask him if we can post the sql query here and take it apart and optimize it further

About doing quick-multi attacks using the middle button: I don't want to forbid that, far from it, it's not an exploit, and we tried to prepare the program for it as much as possible. I only say that if you do that all the time, sometimes it MIGHT cause problems. For example, your browser begins generating pages A0...A1, B0...B1 ... K0 ... K1 (A0, B0 .. K0 is starting the page, and A1, B1 .. K1 is finishing it). If you click really really fast, and the server is lagging (which is fortunately rare) the CPU might process it in this order: A0, B0, ... K0, A1, B1 ... K1. In this case, processes running parallel to each other are modifying your character sheet simultaneously. Data modification is in most cases relative and not absolute, so as I said, we are protecting against problems from this, but... if you drive your Lamborghini on terrain instead of asphalt, it might get hurt.
Dátum: 2011.12.16. 19:03:39
You welcome!
Dátum: 2011.12.16. 11:10:04
Sometimes paypal payments are delayed. Please, send me your details here, on the forum, in private: character name, world, and the name you used for paypal payment, and I will check it asap and write back to you.

Edit: found Kalann and Sbart and added the stones, still looking For Cruel's. btw Paypal's page is logging horribly, I guess everyone is paying via them now due to Xmas, this could be the reason of the problems, because most payments still get thru but no worries if your stones don't arrive immediately I check it and add manually.

Edit2: Added AS for Cruel too.
Dátum: 2011.12.15. 22:36:15
Borecdan: what you describe is not a server-side problem. Something is wrong with your browser. You accidentally disabled javascript or something like that... Check the browser settings. If all fails, test it with another browser or on a different computer. It will work.

Valkyre: the bug you describe, I never heard about it from anyone. How did you produce it? Maybe you are using the middle mouse button to attack quickly several players without confirmation? Don't do that. Left click on attack, choose yes, then choose next opponent etc.

About attacking someone and then getting the report that you can't attack him. This can sometimes happen. The SQL query which looks for players to attack is incredibly complex, in some cases it MUST use a kind of approximation or it would take too much time to complete. If you get the report, you can't attack him because you attacked him recently, just choose someone else.
Dátum: 2011.12.15. 15:53:43
Surprise your friend or your family! Buy ancient stones between 16th and 31th of Dec, and send a present to a choosen character!

If you buy ancient stones during this period, you will have the option under the Ancient stones menu to specify a present and a character to receive it (same world only). If you like, you can surprise your own self! One character can get only one present.
List of items (from the huckster event):
Necklace of bargain (+10/+20/+30 bonus to trade)
Dagger of knowledge (1/2/3% bonus to improving skills)
Horn of power (+1/+2/+3% SE for hunt)
Belt of specialization (1/2/3% bonus to impr. spec. ability)
Shielf of wisdom (2/4/6% bonus to AA pts level 60+)
Talisman of luck (2/4/6% bonus to improving luck)
You can give a bronze, a silver or a gold item, depending on the amount of stones you purchased. If you give a gold item to someone who already have that item, he gets platinum instead.

The opportunity is alive from 16th of Dec (GMT+1 time, check the time on the bottom of the page). If you use an instant payment (bank card, paypal, onebip) you will have the option to give the present immediately. For delayed payment methods (bank transfer) you get the option when the money arrives. The bank transfer have to arrive between 16th of Dec and 3th of Jan to be eligible to give a present.
You can give the present when you like, so even if you purchase the stones on 19th of Dec, you may opt to give the present only on 24th.