Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Cruel01

Dátum: 2014.05.16. 04:46:01
As I SLOWLY approach the 80 Relic Shards and the +1% discount on abilities, I got curious to see when I could upgrade my VERY OLD 11% discount ring to better use the new FC. I searched the HU wiki and, to my surprise, the next one gives 11.5% and it is a lvl 230 (!) item. Given the first 11% ring comes at lvl 95, I really think the gap is too big. Now with the Ruby Shardfocus, it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce some 11.1%, 11.2%, etc.. at intermediate levels.

Thanks,
Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.13. 16:45:05
Adding to the previous post, I have enough trophies to buy the new items (since I've been purchasing the AS packages), but they are not for sale yet
Also, I still want more clarity on the rules for how the counter will be changed during the event.

Thanks,
Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.08. 16:17:40
Miklós,
I am not sure the results I see are reliable after all that happened.

Tallia,
Thanks for the comment

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.07. 16:31:09
On day 1, a lot of players from the Green team had Red highlighted as their Horde. We built a strategy and, when the day was over, we had our ass kicked by Red. And most of the territories we would be fighting for went to Red. So clearly, there is something wrong there. Now we are all enlisted in the correct team apparently, but day 1 already left its mark. It hurts even more because we are Green and this is the hardest team to create a strategy for, given there are lots of Green scattered all over the place. Really sad All those bugs eliminate any reliability from the results of the event. How do I even know calculations will be correct from now on?

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.05. 23:15:55
Idézet: Miklos - 2014.05.04. 20:16:50

mentor: in my 20 yrs of game design experience, preventing an exploit by punishing it's use is always less effective and harder to enforce than not allowing it in the program itself. I will think about a few solutions.

I agree, but how will you block it in the program. You may be able to block usage with same IP, but this is easy to bypass.

@manunkind
I believe a medal granting the same benefits of Recommendation is good enough.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.05. 23:12:00
Idézet: Miklos - 2014.05.04. 20:13:32

- We are adding new rewards for horde trophies:
for 100 horde trophy: Horde fetish. lvl 150 minion fetish, ability: +1 critical spell per 10 levels.
for 80 horde trophy: Quiz orb. You get the +10% SE for hunts if your quiz answer was incorrect or you did not answer (condition will be premium membership and possibly some quiz medals or answered quiz questions)

Don't forget to make the Quiz orb give from 10% to 22% according to the number of Quiz Medals. it would be quite useless if it gave 10% flat

Idézet: Miklos - 2014.05.04. 20:13:32

Also expect that number of wins will have increasing weight towards the end of the event.

Is the event starting today? How does this increased weight work?

Thanks,
Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.01. 20:07:49
Miklós,

You mentioned the following event would not take the current horde into consideration. Instead, it would consider the clan horde. Is this going to happen? The announcement makes no mention to it.

Thanks,
Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.05.01. 20:00:58
Quiz:
Despite the small number of votes, the other poll showed most people dislike the quiz questions. And, as I said, the actual number of dislikes should be even higher, given most people who didn't like the system have already quit.

I don't think forcing people to have 12 medals before getting the option to eliminate the questions is a good idea. Why? Because I firmly believe several people quit the game because of them just before falling in love with Doomlord like the rest of us I like the idea of deactivating the questions as a test. Then just compare the percentage of players starting at level 1 that reach level 30. I am willing to bet that the percentage will be considerably higher for the ones without the questions.

As I said in my original post, the prize for the quiz should be minor, such as the titles from the Pyramid of Glory. Bragging titles only and nothing more. This would make everyone happy, as people who like the questions would still be able to do them, while people who don't like them would not be forced to.

Mentor:
You have raised a good point Miklós. It would be hard to avoid people from trying to mentor fake chars just to get the reward. I think the best way to solve this is to create a strict rule saying whoever does this will be severely punished. Something like losing 50 points in each ability stat, which would be WAY more expensive than the prize. Then leave it subject to the GM's discretion to define whether there is a cheat or not. And use all tools at your disposal to enforce the law. And I am not talking about checking IP addresses only. I am talking about empowering the GM to count how many messages are exchanged between mentor and pupil just to check to see if the mentor is actually mentoring. The goal is to make people afraid of cheating to the point it simply becomes not worth it.

The same logic would apply to lvl 60/100. And this is how I think it should work: world would start with everyone in the catacombs. Players would choose between Mentors/Pupils (or none of course). In the first 24 hours, Mentors and Pupils would pair. How? I thought something like a duel page where Mentors and Pupils can see each other and exchange messages until they decide who to go with. You could also add special team arenas (or maybe championships, as 2v2 constant duels may be too much) for Mentor/Pupil to fight together). The prize for those championships could a special championship medal, granting +2 to Criticals to the Mentor and +20% XP and +40% SE on hunts for the Pupils (following your idea of increasing the SE/XP ratio for lower level players). That's for EH. For DD, maybe a little less than +40% SE. You should do the math and see how much is fair enough (you created the DD mess, now you figured how to handle it )

Lvl 100 W4 vs Lvl 60 W4:
I think we should have both, making it a Clan W4/Lvl 60 W4/Clan W4/Lvl 100 W4 cycle. This way we would be able to populate a bigger range of levels. The main concern here is not allowing the very top players to lose all fun in the game, as their enemies decrease constantly when some decide to quit. Another alternative is to increase the modifier for top 50 from 2% to 4%. Perhaps even make it active for top 100, starting at 200% and dropping 4% to 196%, 192%, etc... But going back to W4, Wormtail makes a good point. The amount of SE given is just too little. I have just checked the best Lvl 60 players in the server and here are their stats:

509. Demien' 60 Ruby Epik 1948 1554 4.3M
510. Kili 60 Sapphire Azure 1916 1540 9.5M

Here are the stats of my recently created Lvl 60 char:
7. Brazil Hexa 2014 60 Diamond Idayimani 1273 1504 2.3k

It's a GIGANTIC SE difference. Of course these are pretty good players and people don't deserve to just get a free pass to be like them, but my initial assessment is that they have used more than triple the SE we get in W4 (please correct me if I am wrong). You need to rethink the fair value for W4. The same logic would apply to a Lvl 100 W4.
Dátum: 2014.04.22. 16:49:17
Let's see how people feel about the quiz questions.
Naturally, this will be a very biased poll, given most people who would opt for choice 5 have already left lol

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.04.22. 16:45:08
Guys,

I have decided to make this post because most of us veterans feel the game is getting emptier and emptier, which may eventually lead to us all leaving. As I believe none of us want this to keep happening, I propose we present ideas to Miklós to avoid this and, even more important, to bring new blood to the game. I will start with a couple, but it would be good if everyone could contribute.

1 - The quiz system --> In my opinion, this is a big deal breaker for most people. I may be wrong (I will create a poll right after just to make sure), but I believe most people find it boring. And as nobody wants to miss that 10%-22%, we are all forced to do it. My suggestion for this is to simply create the option for people to do it or not, without involving any SE. In any words, everyone would automatically get the 10%-22% even if opting not to answer the questions. How about the people who like to answer the questions? They would still be able to do so, but with no extra SE. Maybe a title could be created for those who answer questions. For example, whoever answers 1,000 question could add a Professor in front of his name, 10,000 would grant a Master title, 100,000 a Doctor title. Something along those lines. AND THIS OPTION MUST BE FREE!! Why? Because I am strongly convinced that most people give up the game very early (and before buying any AS) because of the quiz system.

2 - The Mentor System --> This was a promised development that never happened. I really like it and I believe it could boost the game. New players can get lost and frustrated. It would be good if they had guidance. Correct me if I am wrong, but for the Mentors, just a small prize would be enough (a Mentor Medal giving small percentage of SE + AS like Recommendation for example).

3 - Lvl 100 W4 --> The lvl 60 W4 is cool, but it's not enough. You should do both lvl 60 and lvl 100 (one every semester). This is where the Mentors would really shine. The world would be created 48 hours earlier (it would last slightly longer then). First 48 hours would only take Mentors. After that, every new player would enter a pool where they would be available for the Mentors to pick them. And the Mentors would guide them through all the char creation, including the distribution of Abis and Skills. I am sure this could add several new players and in decent levels. It's certainly much better than expecting new people to start at level 1, fight a lot of "zombies" and stick to the game through 1 year before finally starting to have some fun.

That's what I have thought so far. Any other ideas?

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.04.22. 16:15:34
Idézet: Miklos - 2014.04.18. 12:03:39
Nice idea, problem is, if you can check everyone's battle without actually participating them, then you could collect a lot of info on other players, I'm not sure it is desireable by everyone...

Miklós,
What sort of information are you talking about? In any case, I believe most players are concerned with the opponents they face in their own brackets, which means they already get to see any "secret info" anyway.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.04.16. 16:38:25
I see. To be honest, I thought it could be a joke, but the sad face at the end deceived me...

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.04.15. 18:45:06
Idézet: digitalis - 2014.04.15. 04:27:21
I have just found the adventure : Amnesia - Part 2/2
But I can't remember doing Part 1

It's there digitalis.
Those are mine. Please grade it a 10

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.30. 15:09:29
It wasn't tough at all! No sane person could pass on the opportunity of having +25 in all abis. If they wanted to make it tougher, they should have included equivalent prizes, such as +x on EH for 6 months or +y on SM, etc...

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.29. 21:04:22
Idézet: Trackur - 2014.03.29. 11:00:14

Unless we didnt get that Minion becasue it was kind of silly to have to abandon everything to get it

I still haven't recovered from that "smart" move of eliminating all other prizes and forcing us to get the minion instead... It's hard to even try to guess what the hell they were thinking.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.25. 20:33:46
You can buy the spacerift potion (lvl 40 item).

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.21. 14:24:24
All right guys. Quint has given me access and I will keep updating the wikidot. First, I will do adventures, so please send me the details for the missing adventures by pm in case you feel like helping.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.21. 14:15:58
Haven't tried it yet. Not enough AS. Seconding Sbart, wouldn't the launch if this new function be a good opportunity for a sales? It seems pretty cool though.

Next step now is to add the same functionality (i.e. getting questions answered automatically ) to the hunts. Hopefully, this is part of the "more features to be added in the future."

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.14. 22:35:00
Miklos,
This is absolutely fantastic! Particularly changes 1 and 2. I have been asking for these changes for so long... Very nice indeed
I won't even complain about the price, even though 200 AS quite pricy. Inflation is high in the wastelands...

Cruel.
Dátum: 2014.03.12. 02:10:45
Idézet: Miklos - 2014.02.21. 10:17:59
Yes, I confirm it again, if you want the fetish, you have to use BOTH rewards and all the 20 you find during the event.

Miklos,
I am a little confused. You said we needed to use both rewards to get the fetish and now, less 24 hours after the end of the event, 10 chitins pop up on the daily reward. Does that mean I have just wasted the chance of getting another reward, as it will be possible to purchase 50 chitins by other means?

Cruel.