Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.11.23. 23:13:49
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.23. 19:42:24
Does that facebook have to be on every page?

when facebook is running slow it slows the whole site down

And unless you are getting marketing revenue from them, I fail to see why I should be continually subjected to a service that I have no interest in.
Dátum: 2010.11.23. 20:14:17
Which of these is not a moon of Saturn?

The moons of Saturn are numerous and diverse, ranging from tiny moonlets less than 1 kilometer (0.62 mi) across to the enormous Titan, which is larger than the planet Mercury. Saturn has sixty-two moons with confirmed orbits, fifty-three of which have names,

Come on. Crappy place for a "not" question!
Dátum: 2010.11.23. 20:07:32
Who was René Levesques?

Former Québec's prime minister
First to conduct abortion in Canada
Hockey allstar who played for the Montréal's Canadien
French downhill ski racer

In Canada, the leader of the country is a Prime Minister. The leader of a province is a Premier. A member of government is a Minister.

René Lévesque[1] (French pronunciation: [ʁəne leˈvɛːk]; August 24, 1922 – November 1, 1987) was a reporter, a minister of the government of Quebec, Canada (1960–1966), the founder of the Parti Québécois political party, and the 23rd Premier of Quebec (November 25, 1976 – October 3, 1985). He was the first Quebec political leader since Confederation to attempt, through a referendum, to negotiate political independence for Quebec.

Also - "Former Quebec's" makes it sound like Quebec is no longer in existence. While some may wish that were true, it is not. Therefore, the answer should read: Former Premier of Quebec and founder of the Parti Quebecois.

So, this question requires editing.
Dátum: 2010.11.23. 18:36:11
Who told "Eppur si muove" (it means: And yet it moves) ?

Can this be corrected to proper English?
Dátum: 2010.11.22. 23:55:54
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.22. 22:33:37
And a lot more work for the evaluators (like a person calling them retards for rejecting math questions;see above:D)

Actually, it would be less work. No rejecting the same thing multiple times. Fewer fights/arguments on the forum. More general goodwill and fewer pissed off users. Plus the feedback could/should be anonymous - so it's tough to insult someone if you don't know who did it.

If you need more Mods - get more Mods. But don't use "more work" as an excuse not to do things better.
Dátum: 2010.11.22. 22:13:57
I think one of the next upgrades that Kethos needs to tell the programmers we want is a "feedback box" for evaluators to be able to communicate why they rejected the question. Imagine how many problems this one little fix would solve.
Dátum: 2010.11.22. 06:24:16
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.11.21. 22:36:40
To be honest, in my opinion it is not worth paying 50 AS for the comfort functions at the minute so I think some additions would be great. I have 3 suggestions:
- When squeezing one pet, instead of having to reset squeeze, then choose to squeeze another, there should just be two options next to the pet with Squeeze for 1/3 of an AS or 1 AP (like the new dimension gate update)

Saves one click, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.
- Send pets to rest automatically when they drop below 10% health. OR, when the drop to 10% health, a pop up error box appears suggesting the get sent (ideally with a tickbox to select pets you want to send to rest)

I definitely like this one. I wouldn't want them to Auto-Rest (off the fighting roster), since I have a Heal&Fight ring, but there are definitely several options that would all be good.
- When heal wounds skill is maxed, pets auto-heal every 30 mins when online (this may be a bit imbalanced/difficult to do however)

See above, and yeah, the competitive balance could be a little debatable. Personally, I would rather see the pets regenerate HP at a certain point.
These are some ideas which should be manageable and will make the 50 AS more worth it. Otherwise, for future worlds, reduce the price to 30 AS or something like that.

50 Stones are really rather inexpensive in the grand scheme. 100 Stones + 100 BOAS = 200 AS @ 8 Euros/11 USD means a Comfort Function is 2 Euros/3 USD... Cheaper than a cup of coffee in a lot of places.
EDIT: Also, in terms of duel points, I also struggle to keep them down (being in the top 5 too), but from what I understand, when the Crystal horde comes into play (not far off now!), it will alleviate this difficulty (a little).

I have the opposite problem. Because I Challenge constantly, I have a major issue with the 15DP per day instead of 30.
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 19:31:38
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.20. 19:17:31
hmm found this item on hungarian server

A Harag Itala

it protects u against attacks from one specific doomlord/lady that u specify when its equippped

interesting they havent bothered to add this to the available items on english servers or bring it out the same time they bought the game breaker ring out.

just seems they want to please a few looters and stuff everyone else, there is much better argument to have that pro tection relic than one that makes spiders invinncble,

why anyone (other than a looter ) would pay to play this game under level 45 on W2 is beyond me.

Seems like a pretty cool relic to make available... Say at 47,500 SE and 25 Stones... Available to a L5 player. But it would have to do a lot better than just make Invisible to one player. Perhaps it's permanent invisibility without the penalties???
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 18:46:49
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.20. 12:30:24
Who was the Black Adder?
Hugh Laurie
Peter Sellers
Rowan Atkinson <- marked as correct
John Cleese

This one is still here!

No!!! Rowan Atkinson was not the Black Adder, he played the Blackadder. Blackadder is a real surname, in the BBC series of the same name to a fictional family/character.

You are still complaining about this!

I made you look like a tool last time you brought this up - so this would be one to drop.
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 18:42:40
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.20. 13:49:11
I haven t tested it but I heard that it is true. One of players with locket, accel and the 3rd relic from zankwad ( dammit Viridel I can't remember the name, just your name of the event) told me that he can fight 5 duels before getting penalty.

Thanks for the credit d00m... Zankwad, ZankWad, ZANKWAD!

And yes, things stack. I have Accell and Zank3, and can attack 4 times without penalty.
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 18:33:49
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.20. 18:30:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.20. 18:28:25
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.11.20. 11:01:35
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.20. 04:25:10

So, if you have E.H, a successful Duel is worth half the XP? When Dueling is only worth a fraction of a Hunt in the first place???

So now a Spider can hit twice as many times before leveling up???

Perhaps it's referring to half duel xp when someone attacks you and you win?

Would make sense since the first part was in that context.

None of this makes much sense. It says if you are attacked and win, you take no XP. But then apparently if you are attacked and win, you take 1/2 XP. Or does it mean that if this is UNEQUIPPED, then they STILL get a bonus - so they can effectively get the benefit out of 1.5 necklaces. I have 10 fingers, and as far as I can tell, still only get 1 ring.

This whole thing is stinky.

"Or does it mean that if this is UNEQUIPPED"

Yes thats what it means

So where's my item that I don't need to equip to get a benefit from?
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 18:28:25
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.11.20. 11:01:35
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.20. 04:25:10

So, if you have E.H, a successful Duel is worth half the XP? When Dueling is only worth a fraction of a Hunt in the first place???

Perhaps it's referring to half duel xp when someone attacks you and you win?

Would make sense since the first part was in that context.

None of this makes much sense. It says if you are attacked and win, you take no XP. But then apparently if you are attacked and win, you take 1/2 XP. Or does it mean that if this is UNEQUIPPED, then they STILL get a bonus - so they can effectively get the benefit out of 1.5 necklaces. I have 10 fingers, and as far as I can tell, still only get 1 ring.

This whole thing is stinky.
Dátum: 2010.11.20. 04:25:10
Idézet: Boar - 2010.11.19. 23:18:21
My favourite subject again...
That item is an imbalanced joke. You, dear Miklos, gave the spiders an item, which made them invulnerable. Thats a fact.
D00ml0rd said it absolutely right. For a few players you kicked up the table. Now how the hell should anyone strike back to them? This is a multiplayer game, where there is just a few so called "spiders". When will we get a similar item,which is for the pure purpose of holding those guys back? Where is the other side of the coin in this case?

If you get attacked and you win, you won't get XP, SE, and your pets will not get XP either.

I see both ends of the saw with the first part... Don't like it much at all - but I understand it... But what the hell is the thinking behind this:

If you don't wear it, and you have energy harness, you get half XP if you win.

Dátum: 2010.11.18. 21:51:30
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.18. 19:03:15
Idézet: quint - 2010.11.18. 18:54:00
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.18. 18:30:35
it seems a HUGE price to pay for absolutly nothing lol, what actually is benefit of paying that price and buying the object?

if it protected Se on a loss and

It protects you from being pumped with XP. It's a toy for spiders.

great as if players dont have enough to worry about losing tons of SE to these guys and game rewards them with the ultimate protection from any sort of defence against these players.

i realise this is part of the game but im sure the game woul dbe much bigger player wise if it wasnt for the multiude of players that have probably got sick of spiders and quit playing before even getting to a stage where they have half a chance.

be nice if they put a toy in for the players to defend against spiders also

same price and more along lines of my post above, protection and double SE

Yeah, the global impact on that one wasn't well thought out. If someone has pissed off the masses to the degree that they are being XP-slammed - they get what's coming to them. Not some bail-out artifact that nullifies the entire process.
Dátum: 2010.11.18. 21:09:36
Alchemy laboratory
If you squeeze a pet, there is a chance that you will find an essence. Using these essences, you can get a temporal bonus to your skills, and there are some other effects.If you train a pet, and give it a gradulatum you buy from the soul-huckster
Dátum: 2010.11.18. 07:23:57
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.18. 05:08:20
Idézet: Markus II - 2010.11.17. 22:51:13
Where and when was organized The First Exhibition of Lithuanian Art?

1939 in Litexpo Palace,
1907 in Vileišis Palace, Vilnius
1923 in Kaunas Art School, Kaunas
1916 in Lithuanian History museum, Klaipeda

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

there is the mistake ?

There's a grammatical error in the question.
Where and when was the First Exhibition of Lithuanian Art organized?
And I doubt that is very interesting, what's more interesting and probably what you actually wanted to ask:
Where and when was the First Exhibition of Lithuanian Art held?

Which really isn't all that interesting either...
Dátum: 2010.11.18. 06:17:55
What percent of brain we use?
30%
6%
17%
10% <- marked right

It's been long since proven that we use far more than 10%. The way the question is written, I think the asker is using far less.
Dátum: 2010.11.18. 02:24:05
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.17. 11:51:37
New auto pet squeeze function:

Option to automatically squeeze the newly captured animals during hunts without needing any resources or user action.

Halfly trained pets don't count since they are not "newly captured" pets.

Any ideas? Shall I ask them to work on it?

Yup, that's the one. Ideally there would be an Auto-Option to use Stones/AP to renew the Squeeze if at the Pet (Leadership) Cap. But you have the most important one listed above.
Dátum: 2010.11.16. 22:38:49
Idézet: Krahn - 2010.11.16. 18:05:12
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.12. 20:49:18
Show us proof about her cheating?

And, since I just noticed this was in response to my post...without access to the server logs, it's impossible for us to show you proof.

It's up to those who do have access to properly set up and parse those logs and either exonerate her or permanently suspend the account according to the ToS.

Barring that action, Doomlord will continue to lose paying customers.

Yeah, the Admin needs to stand up one way or the other, with supporting information, and give their determination. This thread isn't going to die, and we're falling into the realm of "Admin Apathy" again - which was wonderful for the morale of the players.
Dátum: 2010.11.16. 22:32:41
Idézet: Sacrosanct - 2010.11.16. 03:15:27
this was my question.. why was it not accepted? it's very easily found.

What letter in the NATO spelling alphabet is also a month?

N. *** (marked right as this would be November)
M. (this would me Mike, clearly not a month)
A. (Alpha, clearly not a month either)
D. (Delta, also not a month)

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!

nothing Bad or Incorrect about it.

It might not be incorrect, but it is VERY confusing.