Topic neve: Bug reports
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Bug reports
381. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 18:30:35
also

not a bug but thi nk it lost something in translation and seems a bit confused or at least confused me lol

Preventorixpikusz
Type: ring
Level: 5
If you get attacked and you win, you won't get XP, SE, and your pets will not get XP either. If you don't wear it, and you have energy harness, you get half XP if you win.
Price: 42240 Soul-energy and 25 ancient stones

does the person that has this ring still lose SE if they lose the fight? it seems a HUGE price to pay for absolutly nothing lol, what actually is benefit of paying that price and buying the object?

if it protected Se on a loss and Doubled the Se you get for the win i can see some value but as it stands now thats just a total waste of SE and stones.
Pontszám: 5
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
382. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 18:54:00 (Válasz D00ml0rd #381 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.18. 18:30:35
it seems a HUGE price to pay for absolutly nothing lol, what actually is benefit of paying that price and buying the object?

if it protected Se on a loss and

It protects you from being pumped with XP. It's a toy for spiders.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 7.13
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
383. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 19:03:15 (Válasz quint #382 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: quint - 2010.11.18. 18:54:00
it seems a HUGE price to pay for absolutly nothing lol, what actually is benefit of paying that price and buying the object?

great as if players dont have enough to worry about losing tons of SE to these guys and game rewards them with the ultimate protection from any sort of defence against these players.

i realise this is part of the game but im sure the game woul dbe much bigger player wise if it wasnt for the multiude of players that have probably got sick of spiders and quit playing before even getting to a stage where they have half a chance.

be nice if they put a toy in for the players to defend against spiders also

same price and more along lines of my post above, protection and double SE
Pontszám: 3
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
384. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 19:03:32
The timer on the rest page is gone.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
385. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 20:37:01
The following comfort option now requires SP as well?

Buy potions (4 ancient stones, 250 SP)

So, we pay 50 stones, and now we have to spend SP to use the function?
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
386. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 20:59:18
I will forward those to the programmer, Stekkos and ChaoticGemini and will be corrected tomorrow.

Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.18. 18:11:10
under PET equipment in huckster there is 5 new bits of pet gear, each one has a different name but there cost, level and description all say the same thing.

Its not a bug. These items are used in the alchemy labor (see description when your clan builds it)

Idézet: D00ml0rd
does the person that has this ring still lose SE if they lose the fight? it seems a HUGE price to pay for absolutly nothing lol, what actually is benefit of paying that price and buying the object?

Ok, here is a little explanation. Some playes follow the strategy of getting best SE/XP ratio, to become as powerful compared to their own level as possible. This item somewhat supports this strategy, as disadvanced development does. If you are afraid that player will attack you just "to give you XP", and make your SE/XP ratio less optimal, you can choose to wear this. A little weird thing, I know, but on the old server someone got attacked twice every hour and gained a few levels just because some ppl were giving him xp

Idézet: LydonB - 2010.11.18. 20:37:01
The following comfort option now requires SP as well?
Buy potions (4 ancient stones, 250 SP)
So, we pay 50 stones, and now we have to spend SP to use the function?

You pay mana because the option actually does multiple things: if you can buy a higher level potion by mind boosting your trade skill, it does that for you as well (and you dont have to pay the mana cost of boosting back to the original skill). If you couldnt buy a better potion with mind boosting the trade skill, there would be no spell cost.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2010.11.18. 21:00:31-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
387. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 21:51:30 (Válasz D00ml0rd #383 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.18. 19:03:15
Idézet: quint - 2010.11.18. 18:54:00

great as if players dont have enough to worry about losing tons of SE to these guys and game rewards them with the ultimate protection from any sort of defence against these players.

i realise this is part of the game but im sure the game woul dbe much bigger player wise if it wasnt for the multiude of players that have probably got sick of spiders and quit playing before even getting to a stage where they have half a chance.

be nice if they put a toy in for the players to defend against spiders also

same price and more along lines of my post above, protection and double SE

Yeah, the global impact on that one wasn't well thought out. If someone has pissed off the masses to the degree that they are being XP-slammed - they get what's coming to them. Not some bail-out artifact that nullifies the entire process.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.11.18. 21:54:26-kor
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
388. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 22:33:58 (Válasz Miklos #386 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.18. 20:59:18

Ok, here is a little explanation. Some playes follow the strategy of getting best SE/XP ratio, to become as powerful compared to their own level as possible. This item somewhat supports this strategy, as disadvanced development does. If you are afraid that player will attack you just "to give you XP", and make your SE/XP ratio less optimal, you can choose to wear this. A little weird thing, I know, but on the old server someone got attacked twice every hour and gained a few levels just because some ppl were giving him xp

Did they need that relic? when they loot millions do they need extra help when they already have disadvanced development?

i mean what was the thinking behind it?

And then you guys go and make it virtually impossible for the majority of players to do anything about these spider players at all, you have just rewarded the spiders by giving them something that gives them even a bigger advantge than disadvanced development.

wake up and stop pandering to the looters and or cheats in the game and start taking care of the rest of the majority of players for a change.

what a dumb thing to add to the game, the only thing i can think is your trying to get some non prem looters to part with a few $ to get the stones, maybe you put a relic in that lets the top 5 looters convert burnt stones to ancient stones each time they reach 1 million loot
A hozzászólást daktarus módosította 2010.11.18. 22:45:16-kor
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
389. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 22:35:48
this almost slipped by

"know, but on the old server someone got attacked twice every hour and gained a few levels just because some ppl were giving him xp "

as apposed to spiders attacking the same players every hour and getting 1000s of SE?

are you for real?

When the server went down yesterday I was in the middle of hunting, when it came up I was attacked WITHIN 5 seconds of it going live and lost 10k to one of these spiders, no prizes for guessing who, thats within 5 seconds of server reboot!!! and you want to make life easier for them

I give up whats the point?
A hozzászólást daktarus módosította 2010.11.18. 22:42:20-kor
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
390. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 22:50:42
While I agree that spiders are bit overprotected in this game I agree on this item.
It takes skill to be a good spider, and they have fair amount of competition among theirselves.
The main point is that any cow can simply hide their SE on numerous ways to prevent being attacked. In every game there is exploiting of players who don't learn and evolve their game (aka noobs) and this game is no different.
So while any player can learn in 3 days how to become unatractive to spiders (it took me 1 day in w1- my SE diff was 5k looted-25k lost, now it is 180 looted-35k lost), there is no way for a spider to prevent XP pumping.

I d rather have dozen of good spiders attacking me daily where I can learn something about their strategy, then to punish those spiders and make it bit easier for people who can't be bothered to spend their SE before going offline, or people that will quit the game when going gets tough "cause spiders ruin their game expirience".
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
391. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 22:55:47 (Válasz daktarus #389 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: daktarus - 2010.11.18. 22:35:48

When the server went down yesterday I was in the middle of hunting, when it came up I was attacked WITHIN 5 seconds of it going live and lost 10k to one of these spiders, no prizes for guessing who, thats within 5 seconds of server reboot!!! and you want to make life easier for them

What I wrote does not include players that are STILL not cleared of cheating accusations. When will it be the time to clear it once and for all mods?
If someone is that good that 5 sec after reboot has already scried and attacked a player for good loot there is no point of me trying my best, I can never be as good as that.
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
392. hozzászólás - 2010.11.18. 23:10:49 (Válasz dark22 #391 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.18. 22:55:47
Idézet: daktarus - 2010.11.18. 22:35:48

What I wrote does not include players that are STILL not cleared of cheating accusations. When will it be the time to clear it once and for all mods?
If someone is that good that 5 sec after reboot has already scried and attacked a player for good loot there is no point of me trying my best, I can never be as good as that.

The worst thing was I am based in new zealand so working out all the time zones it was going down was a nightmare with daylight savings going on and off everywhere, why it couldnt have been published on server time I have no idea, point being when it went down I had over an hour of low hp so I was Safe, the server was down for bit longer than an hour

to be hit within 5 seconds of server coming back and running out of saftey through things out of my control and being attacked by a spider in that time didnt rock my world I can assure you.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
393. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 04:52:11
Sorry i change the subject back to what this topic is about, but the masterfull architecture II description is still saying max level of training and ramparts 25. What is the new max?
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
394. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 07:59:56
Cool thing that relic. You must love the devs .. they made a huge improvement to the game only to screw it up with 1 (ONE) item. I don't get you guys: it wasn't enough that there are people cheating (you just have to look at the posts about the huge looters that hit just seconds after players get out of safety) but you give them the ultimate item to cheat even more.

Attacking without worrying of gaining XP is the best thing you did to them and the victims can't get back to them now.

I'm sorry but this is an epic fail. On the other hand i'm thinking to get that relic for myself and drop the #1 spot in favor of becoming a "farmer"/"spider".
A hozzászólást Dakaan módosította 2010.11.19. 08:01:51-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
395. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 14:41:47
Stekkos: thanks for the notice, I corrected it, new max level for training and ramparts is 30.

About the preventorixpicus, I had the very same viewpoint as you had for a long time. "Stuffing XP" is a nice way to retalitate to the "evil" spiders. I changed my viewpoint when some players went extreme with this. And not only against "spiders", but against an entire clan, average players. They made fun out of attacking everyone for days every hour. Some players went to holiday for a week and when he came back he advanced a few levels - without getting any SE So as you see every coin has two sides.

On the other hand, if someone wears this ring, he loses the stats from a real combat ring. Also, you can attack him without worrying to lose SE (and you can gain your share with EH). And thirdly, there is a counterpart - the AA ability "Experience" which is pretty easy to buy, and gives XP to those who harass you.
Pontszám: 5.33
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
396. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 20:25:26 (Válasz Miklos #395 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.19. 14:41:47

About the preventorixpicus, I had the very same viewpoint as you had for a long time. "Stuffing XP" is a nice way to retalitate to the "evil" spiders. I changed my viewpoint when some players went extreme with this. And not only against "spiders", but against an entire clan, average players. They made fun out of attacking everyone for days every hour. Some players went to holiday for a week and when he came back he advanced a few levels - without getting any SE So as you see every coin has two sides.

Ahh so its Ok for above average spiders to attack "average" players excessivly, and have fun and kill there enjoyment but its not ok for average players to attack average players and have fun also? so the solution is to kill the fun for average players and increase the fun for above average looters? Yea thats smart.... Make game better for minority and kill it for majority lol yea real smart, i can defnately see the "other side of the coin"

Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.19. 14:41:47
On the other hand, if someone wears this ring, he loses the stats from a real combat ring. Also, you can attack him without worrying to lose SE (and you can gain your share with EH). And thirdly, there is a counterpart - the AA ability "Experience" which is pretty easy to buy, and gives XP to those who harass you.

LOLOLOLOL

Seriously? when LOW level players are in the top 5 players for highscores u REALLY think they are concerned about taking a ring off to wear one that increases there enjoyment of game and ruins everyone elses enjoyment? lol wake up...wooppeee a counterpart AA....yea something for Level 30 people to look forward to in 30 more levels lmao classic stuff and nice to see you guys putting alot of thought into it...

Cant wait for you next spider bonus maybe when the majority of players stop paying to play or leave u will realise it wasnt worth increasing the game enjoyment for 3 or 4 people and running it for hundreds of others.

what a joke
Pontszám: 4.25
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
397. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 22:02:13
D00ml0rd I think you are being way overdramatic with what you are saying. If you have such a big problem with spiders than become a spider (or maybe you do not have what it takes to be one?). Arguments provided by Miklos are more than enough for me and I am a person that experienced "the suffering" from spiders of all levels. Yet I still enjoy the game and do not cry over and over again.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
398. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 22:12:36
petel

im no ones cow, never have been never will be, what i lose im happy to lose and what i win im happy to win, i can count on one hand the times ive been caught with more than i woud have liked to lose. Im also quite capable of dealing with any spiders that come my way, im not an easy beat:)

The game is about the ability for players to play many different strategys, spiders are just 1 such strategy, yet the devlopers give them benefits that skew the game in there favour, over and above other strategies IMO.

Spiders do well, they dont need special one off relics just cos a few players decide to give them some extra xp to get some satisfaction for all the loot they lose,

On W2 there will be virtually no players that have a positive Se ratio below about L40, mainly thanks to the spiders so they are NOT hard done by, the spiders get plenty of good pickings and there is no valid reason to give them an extra adva ntge with this new one off item. When u have got players with double the sats and double the skills as any other non spider withon 10 levels of them then soemthing isnt quite running right, and as Daktaras and others have pointed out when these spiders can hit within 5 to 10 seconds of a player losing there safty then its not about being poor players its about achiving the impossible in staying safe,

One of my clan mates was coming up to his safty wearing off the other day, he stopped hunting early, took a healie to do another suicide and between the time it took him to take a healie and hit epic to suicide he had been attacked by a spider, there is NOTHING you can do to combat that.....

Mikklos explanations were rubbish in my opioo n so i have told him so.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.11.19. 22:15:27-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
399. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 22:29:44
Maybe you did not understand what I said, D00ml0rd. Like nuclear power can be used to the benefit of the human race, it can be used to devastate it as well. If this could have been a strategy of farmed people to strike back to spiders that wouldnt have been a problem. But some characters (not average players, but specialized characters) started using this against average, non-spider characters.

About spiders, check out the AA abilities, like Experience or Slow time, those are pretty good weapons to use anyway.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2010.11.19. 22:31:11-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
400. hozzászólás - 2010.11.19. 22:34:30
maybe u didnt read what i posted above

"Ahh so its Ok for above average spiders to attack "average" players excessivly, and have fun and kill there enjoyment but its not ok for average players to attack average players and have fun also? so the solution is to kill the fun for average players and increase the fun for above average looters? Yea thats smart.... Make game better for minority and kill it for majority lol yea real smart, i can defnately see the "other side of the coin""

If your argument is that this item is more to protect average players from unprovoked attacks then make the item reflect that, otherwise it is just an excuse your using to justify an error in judgment and the only people that will use this and gain a massi ve advantge in game is spiders.

u cant baffle me with bullsh#t

as for the AA abilities they maybe good weapons but for the players affected the most by spiders those weapons are 30 or 40 levels away and by then you would have added a new relic in so spiders become unaffected by AA weapons no doubt
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.11.19. 22:37:06-kor
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!