Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.10.08. 21:27:50
One suggestion that I would like to resurrect is that you can always see the time until you get your next AP. With the Zankwads requiring two APs, it would be nice to see how long you will have to wait if you have one AP currently. Same idea as the Auction Hall, where 2 or 5 APs are utilized.

Since the timer shows when you have no APs, it should be a simple fix to just have it always show - just take out the zero-condition.
Dátum: 2010.10.08. 21:25:34
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.08. 05:05:40
Hmm. So a button with the "currently building: XY" that can only be changed by the players with 5 or more votes?

Other users will see what you are building when clicking on your clan. This can be hard when you want to take the Tower of Power so the clan that has the most levels can be aware, save up APs and then build to prevent others doing so.

I'm assuming this is intended to be visible only to our Clan. It would be a neat little feature, although somewhat redundant with the Clan Messageboard.
Dátum: 2010.10.08. 21:23:43
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.08. 05:01:55
1. Okay, I'll tell this to the admins and see how they think about it.

2. Building from the soul well is triggering the event panel because there are more users from a clan that can build from the SW aka are having 3 or more votes. We implemented this feature to help them see what buiding the clan is currently... building.

That's what the Clan Messageboard is for. Plus, since it takes a day or two to get the well back up to where it's worth spending again, build priorities could have definitely changed in that time.

3. I think we could make something that will solve #2 and #3. How about building from the SW would turn the event menu yellow, so every events except this one would remain marked in red.
Can be easily implemented and I think the programmer would do it for us.

I still like no-trigger, SW Builds just don't matter to the rest of the Clan 99.5% of the time.

4. All I can say is, I'll forward this to the admins and post their reply here.

How about the 2nd component of the suggestion, where completed buildings DO trigger the Clan Button?
Dátum: 2010.10.08. 21:18:28
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.10.08. 04:33:21
I dont like the penalty during the event idea, the point of the event should be to add something to the game but not take away from it. So if one day i want to skip the event and hunt i shouldnt be penalised for it. The reward itself should be the insentive for attacking, not the penalty. As for the builders not being able to participate, this can also be fixed by having them attacking the same monster like the fighters but they total damage done can be calculated as a formula including level of player, level of strength, attack, IQ, and thamaturgy.

That way for the players will be simple: Keep hitting it!

Spoken like a true Dueler

Builders (tend to) have lower DF and CON, therefore they will be legitimately incapable of attacking as often as a more battle-ready character. Having the attack credit conditional on AT/IQ/ST creates more headache and complaints than simply running the Attack/Build tasks simultaneously.

For the developers and coders it will need a bit of work to establish the actual formula but after this is done and tested, it will run itself.

Basically i propose any way that will end up with one monster, one kind of reward per tier of the monster (so tier 1 will give lets say +1 to a skill and tier 2 +2 to the same skill, not a completely different reward than tier 1), and no penalties whatsoever, with the exception of loss in DP, AP or both

Tier of the monster, or tier of participation level? If you tier the monster, then L1 and L50 have VASTLY different result in the outcome - basically a L1 can ride on coattails once they've hit their minimum. You want to drive participation, not create loopholes.
Dátum: 2010.10.08. 01:15:37
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.08. 00:14:19
Is there a formula to calculate the cost of skills?

Take any given "normal" skill. When you add a level, the next skill you acquire in ANY (including the same) category is +10 SE. To add another level to that SAME skill, add 100.

So, if Skill A cost 1000 to upgrade (and you did the upgrade), your next:
Skill B Upgrade would be whatever it cost before +10
Skill A upgrade would be 1110

If you did another Skill A (without any other upgrade), then:
Skill B Upgrade would be whatever it cost before you started upgrading +20
Skill A upgrade would be 1220

Etc.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 23:16:11
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2010.10.07. 20:52:31
It's not ambiguous, but wrong. Questions with wrong answer are usually deleted, sometimes corrected.

I give you an example to my earlier comment.
Some player feel the "A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick etc." ambiguous. Some other feel it a simple question. However most players can answer it correctly, so it will not be removed from the database.

The only reason that's at 75% is been because it's been discussed so often here that everyone knows the right answer. Just because people have memorized it, that doesn't make the question any less absurd.

About specific questions.
According to my experience Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter questions are easily answerable for most players even if they seem to be quite specific. It doesn't mean we will accept any questions in these themes in the future, but I will not delete them if they are already in the database.

Yes, and no. There are three specific questions I recall (paraphrased):
What street does Potter live on with his foster parents
How many rings were the elves given
How many rings were the Dwarves given

Again, just because a potential majority have memorized the answers - that doesn't make them good questions. New players coming in will likely have difficulties with these, and cite them as examples for obscure questions that THEY will want passed. So you can't say yes to these, but no to them later, or it creates a cycle of hypocrisy, and you get the same Quiz problems as currently exist. The idea is to remove problems for the future. The snapshot of the present is relatively meaningless.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 05:23:39
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.07. 04:54:35
You got a point. How about starting the event with like 3 monsters with different HP and rewards so players would have a chance to decide wether they want the bigger HP one to defeat for the best reward between the given time period or defeat the 2 others with lesser rewads. Like:

EventAI_1: HP 1 mill
Reward: Skillmasters sphere - +5 to a skill's max level

EventAI_2: HP 700k
Reward: Plague of the unforgiven - +1 trade, +1 to spectral manipulation (can exceed the cap)

EventAI_3: HP 550k
Reward: Hunters' amulet - +1%SE to each hunt

So basically they can decide to try to beat the one mill HP one or try to beat 2 of the lesser HP ones. They given time period shall not allow to beat all the 3 AIs.. only 2.

Opinions?

Not crazy about the multi-creature options for the simple reason that each player may be interested in a different artifact, so you have partial damage to all three creatures - but none actually get killed. The tier system on one creature can work the same way as above - hit 4000HP/Level to get the +1SE, hit 9000 HP/Level to get the +1/+1, hit 15000/Level to get the +5 - just all on the one creature.

For the Builders side, build Level x 50%Level x 100 to get the L1 artifact (80k total for a L40 character), Level x 80%Level x 100 to get the L2 (128k for a L40), Level x 120%Level x 100 for the L3 (192k for L40) - and have a 10k "minimum buy-in". Manaconstruction can be used, but only counts 25%.

And YES, you CAN complete both sides simultaneously.

One creature, one cage, unified effort.
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 05:12:04
Idézet: Punk2 - 2010.10.07. 01:55:37
Thsi recent championship i'm in lv 23-25 cat and got a lv 28 on last fight and he won and i lost how this possible a lv 28 in our categorie is he cheating ??? just want to know hate losing on a cheater if he didn't thats fine i'm ok with that !!!

I'm VampireX on W3 lv 25 Vs Langds Lv 28

What may have happened is that they stored up their APs before the championship to stay at a lower level, declared their character as soon as the registration was open, then used all their APs to level up quickly. In the Mid-20's, 400 APs is good for 2-2.5 levels - if they have Premium and/or Acceleration options, they may have saved even more AP, meaning a 3+ level boost in one day of heavy hunting.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 21:42:12
I think there should be a second part to it as well - not only do you have to kill the creature, but you also have to capture it. This will get the Builders involved. So a player can use either DP/AP to attack it (doing damage), or they can use Magic/Manaconstruction or SE/Building (or even Crystals or BOAS for bigger building bonuses) to build the cage/portal. As mentioned before, the rewards can be tiered based on participation/level - with an all-or-none success rate. And this accomplishes several things:

a) This would currently be a very dueler-centric event (damage per level), adding the second part would open it up to ALL players
b) Opens the possibility of two rewards to those who participate to an extreme level (and have developed well-rounded characters)
c) Either side can cause the task to fail, so it opens a whole new area of competition and cooperation
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 19:34:25
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.06. 18:05:36
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.06. 17:40:16
Dude - You can't have it both ways. Either "fake" characters are invented to have a championship that you might win, or your group gets canceled. When there are two viable options, you can't complain about both of them. The horse is dead - quit beating it.

There's two different users complaining here. Cruel is complaining that a fake character was invented, and quint is complaining that a fake character wasn't invented.

Proof that it's far easier to piss off everyone than to please anyone
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 17:40:16
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.06. 17:30:24
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind losing. It is part of the game.
But the game CANNOT decide to create fake characters just because there are not enough contenders.
You are saying it is a clone of a lvl 8 character (which btw is another category and should not be fighting in mine!), but it doesn't matter. It is not a real player registering for the Championship.
This is simlpy unacceptable and very frustrating.

Cruel.

Dude - You can't have it both ways. Either "fake" characters are invented to have a championship that you might win, or your group gets canceled. When there are two viable options, you can't complain about both of them. The horse is dead - quit beating it.
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 16:55:32
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.06. 04:56:02
Okay here is the solution for the problems listed above.

I'm in daily contact with the staff. I'll read your posts and reply to the ones worth replying. When something needs an admin to take action, I'll forward the post to their private e-mail in case that the problem could be solved asap.

Perfect. Better than perfect. That's all any of us can ask for. I would ask that you also post on the Forum that "This has been submitted to the Game Administration for their action":
a) People on the forum can stop talking about it
b) People can have a reasonable expectation that there will be a solution
c) If nothing happens in a reasonable amount of time, then we can (rightfully) ask for a status update

On the other hand, if someone will use curses I'll just simply modify his/her post and delete the words. Here are children playing so therefore we cannot allow those words shoving up.

Well, if something is horse$#!^, then I'm going to call it horse$#!^. However, in the sake of compromise, I will attempt to use "a pile of Cow Patties" as a replacement.

As a side note:

I do have a real life job so I can't be here all day. It would be easier for me too if you'd forward your post to me in a PM or let me know if a serious problem occurs so that I can go directly to that post and it will speed up the process.

Thank you.

Keth

I don't think anyone is asking for permanent moderation, and I doubt that 36-48 hours is unacceptable to any of us except in the most unusually dire circumstances - in which case, we should be contacting info@ anyways - not using the forum.

I think that as long as a moderator/admin presence is seen, and issues get dealt with in a reasonable matter, this would be such an improvement over the current system - we're not going to have issues with reasonable timelines.

Thank you to the Admin/Mod group for taking action in this regard - you will have a stronger community for it.
Dátum: 2010.10.05. 20:32:57
FROM MIKLOS, via E-Mail:

You probably misunderstood something. Forum is not= customer service. Not for any company. Forum is for game discussion. I regularly read the forum, and post there, as other admins like Kethios do, but I can't read all posts. What I wrote I dif because I do not want anyone fool into believing that if he writes something on the forum that will be handled as a direct message to me and will be answered. This is the same in every game, forum is primarily for game discussion.
Of course it is excellent for discussing ideas - if there is a good development idea, be assured that Kethios will forward it to us.
About Quiz, we have a separate admin, Hatsepsut, who does nothing else but works on Quiz. Same applies here, don't expect her to answer every post. She reads through the forum, and makes the necessary adjustments and corrections in the database. If there is a problem and it wasnt resolved, maybe it wasnt a problem...
Yours,
Miklos

Actually, you are completely wrong in saying that companies don't use forums as a customer service tool. But whatever. The issue is that you HAVE created that expectations due to things like Bugs, Quiz, and Suggestions (duh, why ask for suggestions if you have no intention on reading them) sections. These are areas of the forum that require Admin supervision. Otherwise, there is absolutely no purpose in having them in the Forum. Here is what you don't get:

You are doing damage to your game by having a forum where players expect their posts will be reviewed - and you fail to do so.

This is not a fault of the player - you tell them to visit the forum. Ok, fine, maybe this was never your intention - but it is what it is. It's like giving a child a game at Christmas that ONLY works with two people - but then you never play with them. This makes the child sad and eventually angry. So even if you made a mistake in giving it to them, you HAVE to say "Ok, I guess I'll play".

There are only a few dozen (at lost) posts in a day. Throwing up your hands and saying "there are too many" is pure and simple crap.

Regarding:
"About Quiz, we have a separate admin, Hatsepsut, who does nothing else but works on Quiz. Same applies here, don't expect her to answer every post. She reads through the forum, and makes the necessary adjustments and corrections in the database."

More "piles of Cow Patties". If this was the case, then we wouldn't be having re-posts of wrong answers 4 months after the first complaints.

The solution:
Kethios MUST be able to "schedule" a meeting with the Game Admins.
He has indicated that he has tried to do so, but nobody listens. When your own damn moderator can't communicate with you, that's a problem in the upper group.

Basically, you are taking time and money from players, but not fulfilling expectations. The time component is the key. If it was only money, we would just walk away - but we've invested our time as well - therefore we don't WANT to quit... But anyone who is pushed hard enough will surely do so. I doubt that losing paying customers is a positive part of your business plan - so the change needs to happen with the 5 of you - not the thousands of us. We are clearly telling you the Forum is an important communication tool with the developers - you need to accept that as your new reality.
Dátum: 2010.10.05. 19:32:07
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.05. 09:03:18
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.05. 07:38:38

Listen - you have this forum. It's a place where we can share ideas, and determine the best ones to put forward fr review. Do you really want 100 of us to send you e-mails on how WE think the game should improve? Or do you want a place for discussion, where a consensus opinion can be developed first? Beyond that, when we send an e-mail - exactly two of us know if you responded, me and you. If you respond on the Forum, then we ALL know that you're taking us seriously.

This forum is for YOUR benefit as well.

Listen. If you are working on something that you would like to be implemented - write a detailed e-mail to Miklós. If you just drop in a post here with an idea, people will reply to it and after many many posts it'll disappear.

If we players are discussing an idea here after some time the detailed e-mail is still needed towards Miklós because people tend to post a raw idea here and the other users are trying to help improving the idea to be something that can be implemented. If you do so, they'll have an easier way to make it happen.

And this would be the job of the FORUM MODERATOR. To sift thru the piles of crap, and determine what actually needs to move up the ladder. The Game Admins don't need 1000's of e-mails detailing any little suggestion change, non-existent bug, or quiz error. They need a SPOC - a Single Point of Contact. Until otherwise decided, Kethios, that's you.

Why have a Forum at all when posting on it is worthless?!?

I'm sure that the Admin answer after my post was probably just a coincidence since the other topics where related so i don't think you must take it personally Viridel (i know you're a little upset because i'm #1 but i promise i'll let you there for a week or two if you calm down).

Don't worry about it - I'll just bitch-slap you around the house in the Championship
Dátum: 2010.10.05. 07:38:38
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.10.05. 06:35:41
Please, If you have a suggestion, question, or anything else, that you want a direct answer from us, write us an email. This is our customer service (as you can see under the Help button).

info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net

Listen - you have this forum. It's a place where we can share ideas, and determine the best ones to put forward fr review. Do you really want 100 of us to send you e-mails on how WE think the game should improve? Or do you want a place for discussion, where a consensus opinion can be developed first? Beyond that, when we send an e-mail - exactly two of us know if you responded, me and you. If you respond on the Forum, then we ALL know that you're taking us seriously.

This forum is for YOUR benefit as well.

The forum is for general game discussion. Don't expect an answer from me to each post, I can't do that. Regularly I read the forum, and I answer some posts, but I can't provide customer service through a forum. Kethios is here to help you and he can help in most questions, he is the admin here. But he can't do much with bug reports.

We don't want an answer for EVERY POST!!! But when we post a Quiz Problem, and 4 months later, it hasn't been resolved - it's simply proof that you DO NOT "Regularly I read the forum".

Also, if we're discussing a change that we think it would be advantageous - don't you think it would be a good idea if you would reply, and say whether or not it's even viable in the coding of the game? This is one of those "duh" things that is getting people pissed off.

If you find a bug, please send us a bug report

bug{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net

Or how about we post it on the Forum to determine whether it's a bug with the game, or a glitch in the browser? A quirk, or something that can be replicated? If you get 100 Bug Reports, there might only be one actual bug. If there are 100 posts on the forum regarding a bug - then it IS a bug! Why should we have to write you an e-mail at this stage???

Please include the world you play on, character name and as much details as you can. Be assured, we correct bugs quite quickly.

If only you would manage your quiz - which seems to be one great big giant bug.

About adventures evaluation: earlier on, there were very few adventures submitted. (This surprised us as well.) It was more than enough to check them only once every 3-4 days, there were 1 or none. Now as we have more and more adventures submitted, we are switching to more regular evalution. However, please note, it is not just a click (yes or no). The entire adventure must be read, corrected, and in case of too many errors, it have to be returned and explained. So please be more patient on this. Also it helps a great deal if you read the explanation if your adventure was rejected, and try to correct the errors before resubmitting it. Thanks for your patience with

Interesting that player #1 (Dakaan) on World 2 posts something and there is an Admin reply in hours. But me, the #2 player in World 2, can post on a regular basis, and get nothing. Last I checked, my money was just as good as Daak's. Just one of the many things that makes people want to quit the game.

PS. You've created this tool (the Forum). In fact, when we're finished Hunting, you even suggest "While you wait, visit the Forum!". And then you treat it like an unwanted child. Ignored, malnourished, and generally neglected. Maybe if you would consider the power of popular opinion, instead of waiting for people to individually write you, then morale wouldn't be sub-zero.

PPS. I've e-mailed this conversation to you as well - just for your convenience, of course. Naturally, it adds an extra step for me - but what do I matter - I'm only a paying customer.

Customer service is of maximum priority to us!

HORSESHIT! If that was true, you would listen to us telling you how we would like the game managed. Instead, you're telling us that nothing we do on this forum has any value, and will be ignored! Ignoring the customers is NOT Customer Service!!!
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 18:42:54
Idézet: DoomDudeRuby1 - 2010.10.04. 15:22:17
What runs like a deer?
Tractor <-- right
4 Wheeler
Truck
Something else

What? Does this make sense to anyone else? I have absolutely no idea what this question is asking or how a tractor is the right answer?

This has already been discussed, at length.
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 05:37:58
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.03. 01:46:54

So there's nothing between Learning 50 & 56?

Learning Level 56: expert hunt - During your hunt, you can select the larger species more efficiently. As a result, the random factor of your prey's size decreases. The skill also increases the SE you acquire when hunting. If your skill is at least half of your level, you should expect +5% SE average.

Rumor has it that you don't get as many Lesser & Tiny's, but you also get fewer Greater and Gigantic. Considering the reward for a Gigantic far exceeds the penalty for a Tiny, this seems like a really bad deal (even with the hypothetical 5%)

❖Learning Level 60: epic specialization - Each level of this skill decreases the time between two attacks on an epic creature by 1 minute. Maximum level is 50, at that point you can attack the epic once every 10 minutes. The skill decreases the spell damage of the epic monster, half percent per level. Mind boost has no effect this skill. At maximum you also get the bonus of reducing the regeneration of the entities (level 2 epic monsters)
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 05:24:14
Idézet: quint - 2010.10.03. 14:07:44
You have won the battle, your reward is 0 soul-energy and 21 XP!

How can this happen with energy harness?

Because rumor has it that Energy Harness is broken...

And even better, you have a broken skill, that also disables another (Disadvantaged Development) - which is one of the stupidest things in a game, hat already has no shortage of (never to be resolved) problems.
Dátum: 2010.10.02. 20:16:17
Is there a list of skills over Learning 50?
Dátum: 2010.10.02. 17:52:40
Idézet: Snitt - 2010.10.02. 08:19:44
The horde part is counted by % of the horde in the full population of the world. This why emerald had 0.03, when sap 0.05...so if any other horde more prepared or active they won. If u did good in solo, u got ur reward.

As I see ppl here online a lot, +1 medal dont gives -1 min/day...I got 2 and if u talk with gm I give 1-1 for the first 2 players, cos medal is totaly useless.

Full population of the world doesn't accurately reflect the top players, which are usually overwhelmingly dominated by one or two hordes. There is a distinct competitive imbalance at the top, and that's who these events are geared towards.