Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.03.14. 10:44:14
Valkyrie, i wasnt complaining. I brought these 3 questions as an example of what i believed should have been answered by at least 25%, but in practise i was wrong. Oh, and penquins do live in hot dessert, forest and ofcourse on the ice desert of antartica. Only on mountains you will not find. But again, it wasnt a complain. I thought it was a nice fact to be known, but since it was too hard then i bow to the will of the people
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 07:12:52
I agree, i also think its the sport that got the question rejected. But the Juventus question might be unknown to 80% of americans, while almost any soccer fan ANYWHERE on Earth can answer it, but the NFL question might be unknown to 80% of the WORLD. Understand, its not the fact that is something American, its the fact its something local. What if Chinese players started posting details about a local sport which is unknown to most people out of China? They are after all almost 2 billion people, they might argue they make up a big part of the Earths percentage to justify the question, even if the rest have no idea what they talk about
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 06:28:07
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.14. 04:54:42
You guys don't get it. Any type of European questions, regardless of how obscure, tend to get approved. N.American sports questions, regardless of simplicity/complexity, tend to get rejected.

It's not "how the question was phrased". It's prejudice - pure and simple.

Like I said, I was hoping that the Admins of World 2 would have a better understanding of the global nature of its participants - this obviously isn't the case.

There are NFL questions running in the quiz. I got several. But on the other hand, if someone asks something about a big european football/soccer club, chances are it will be known at a big part of the world (Manchester United or Real Madrid have fan clubs in dozen of countries, outside and inside Europe.) Soccer is a world sport, while the NFL is a USA thing. To prove that, there are a lot of questions about US basketball and its teams and players, since that is a sport played globally and US are the top team, so basketball fans all over the world know about them. There is no prejudice here, mistakes do happen but not at that level.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 06:19:55
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.14. 04:02:18
Sorry, but that's horsecrap. Turning it into a question would only confuse the issue. Tell me that this would be rejected:

Scientist - Albert ______?
a) Glickstein
b) Einstein
c) Rhinestein
d) Jacobstein

It's the same structure, but because Einstein is European, this would be approved in seconds.

When I quit World 1 over this, I was pissed - but when World 2c came out, I was hoping the producers of this GAME would realize that they are producing a global game for the English-speaking market.

Dismissing easily discoverable answers, based purely on geography, is racism - pure and simple.

Also in case you get that question as ok, it will be because its a globally known person! The other one deals with a sport known mainly in the US
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 06:17:16
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.13. 21:41:17
Stekkos, I still don't get you penguin question...

The answers were:

Mountain
Ice
Desert
Forest

In 3 of these you can find penquins, one you cannot. Which?
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 18:58:59
You know, i have a great comeback waiting, it would be nice if we could get the story going.
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 18:54:28
There are numerous ways of distinguishing the continents:

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China and most English-speaking countries. This is what you have in mind

The six-continent combined-America model is taught in Latin America, and most parts of Europe including Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.

So you cant be absolute about that, as long as the answers are not confusing (since either way the answer is America) there is no need to remove the question.
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 18:48:24
No mistake in the question as far as i can see, anyone else?
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 16:43:24
This subject was extensivly discussed before, there are no certain battles 100%. There are 99.9% but that 0.1% still leaves a chance for loss. If you really want an explanation post the battle and the player to see what might happened
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 16:39:50
April, June, September, November: 30

February 28-29

All others 31
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 12:39:47
Also the question is already in the database, i got it at hunt 2 times. The answer is Venus.
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 12:04:13
There was never a way to duel with any level of player. When you switch duel points for attacking lower level players, it gives you the ability to attack up to a certain level below yours. At your level is only 2 but as you increase in level, that number increases too. At my level i can hit up to 6 levels below me. But you will never be able to hit all levels in the game
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 17:01:07
How many countries in Europe are islands? 21.43%

Which enviroment of our planet is responsible for almost 50% of the oxygen released by nature into our atmosphere? 19.05%

In which of these environments you will not find penquins? 21.74%

Just 3 questions i believe they should have at least 25% correct answers but they didnt. What we think and what actually happens are 2 different things
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 04:26:30
Check them and all other skill requirements at the skills post in veteran topic of forum. You just need a specific learning level to aquire the skill, its all explained there
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 04:23:23
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.03.11. 19:57:27
I found 2 errors so far today....

one question was posted like this:

1. wich is a Peruvian dish?

wich is spelled wrong.....it should be which....even though I know what he's asking...the "quiz testers" seem to have problems with this.

2. How tall is Tugela Falls?

the answer that they put down as correct was 948 feet.......and the correct answer is 948 METERS...not feet

Both errors you found need fixing, rest assured they will be dealt with. As help to the admins i post this from wikipedia:

""Tugela Falls is the world's second highest waterfall. The total drop in five free-leaping falls is 948 meters (3110 feet). ""
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 04:20:48
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.10. 20:08:09
You build a house, all four sides face south, what color is the bear that walk's by?

What kind of question is this ? Also there is a spelling error : walks , not walk's ( walk is ) .

Edit:

In what Tv series was the cry "Hi Ho Silver Away!!" used?

How should i know that ? That is not an INTERNATIONAL QUESTION .

Edit2:

3 are "dwarf planets" 1 is´nt... Can you find the one?

What is with the spelling errors ?

As a response to your post i messaged the quiz admin and the reply i got is this:

"I don't know, there may be a problem if the evaluator makes a double click. They are corrected now."

So consider the issue resolved
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 04:15:26
Pogaxa is right, the Greek pantheon had a lot more than 12 gods but they were only 12 olympians.
Dátum: 2010.03.11. 15:55:28
You mean they translate the show to the local language, no i did not think of that But its not my qustion so i cannot defend it any further
Dátum: 2010.03.11. 05:41:33
Where do you get these questions?????? All should have been blocked, (ok the silver one is probably in due to the fact its a series well known to a big part of the world, not internationally though) something is going on here. I will ask Hatsepsut about it, thanxs Jerko. But go easy on the red faces, you will blow a fuse
Dátum: 2010.03.11. 05:39:13
Personally i never heard of that ice cream. Is it american brand?