Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
441. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 06:17:16 (Válasz Valkyrie #431 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.13. 21:41:17
Stekkos, I still don't get you penguin question...

The answers were:

Mountain
Ice
Desert
Forest

In 3 of these you can find penquins, one you cannot. Which?
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
442. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 06:19:55 (Válasz Viridel #436 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.14. 04:02:18
Sorry, but that's horsecrap. Turning it into a question would only confuse the issue. Tell me that this would be rejected:

Scientist - Albert ______?
a) Glickstein
b) Einstein
c) Rhinestein
d) Jacobstein

It's the same structure, but because Einstein is European, this would be approved in seconds.

When I quit World 1 over this, I was pissed - but when World 2c came out, I was hoping the producers of this GAME would realize that they are producing a global game for the English-speaking market.

Dismissing easily discoverable answers, based purely on geography, is racism - pure and simple.

Also in case you get that question as ok, it will be because its a globally known person! The other one deals with a sport known mainly in the US
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
443. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 06:28:07 (Válasz Viridel #439 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.14. 04:54:42
You guys don't get it. Any type of European questions, regardless of how obscure, tend to get approved. N.American sports questions, regardless of simplicity/complexity, tend to get rejected.

It's not "how the question was phrased". It's prejudice - pure and simple.

Like I said, I was hoping that the Admins of World 2 would have a better understanding of the global nature of its participants - this obviously isn't the case.

There are NFL questions running in the quiz. I got several. But on the other hand, if someone asks something about a big european football/soccer club, chances are it will be known at a big part of the world (Manchester United or Real Madrid have fan clubs in dozen of countries, outside and inside Europe.) Soccer is a world sport, while the NFL is a USA thing. To prove that, there are a lot of questions about US basketball and its teams and players, since that is a sport played globally and US are the top team, so basketball fans all over the world know about them. There is no prejudice here, mistakes do happen but not at that level.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.14. 06:28:52-kor
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
444. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 06:33:11
Which.....to defend Viridel's point...

Is a tad.... off.

Considering this Quiz Question:

Which country does Juventus play in?

Which 80% of Americans might not know the answer to either.

So... what he is implying...
is that it is not the manner the question was worded... but simply that it is pertaining an American Sport...as opposed to it being a European one.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
445. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 07:12:52 (Válasz Banned #444 hozzászólására.)
I agree, i also think its the sport that got the question rejected. But the Juventus question might be unknown to 80% of americans, while almost any soccer fan ANYWHERE on Earth can answer it, but the NFL question might be unknown to 80% of the WORLD. Understand, its not the fact that is something American, its the fact its something local. What if Chinese players started posting details about a local sport which is unknown to most people out of China? They are after all almost 2 billion people, they might argue they make up a big part of the Earths percentage to justify the question, even if the rest have no idea what they talk about
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
446. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 07:37:51 (Válasz stekkos #445 hozzászólására.)
Agreed...BUT..
On second thought...here:

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,53.0
A hozzászólást Banned módosította 2010.03.14. 08:16:25-kor
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
447. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 08:53:58 (Válasz aneksi #429 hozzászólására.)
I finally got a good question and now that i can ask another one i notice that my good question is now bad? And the reason being is it said 75% of the people couldn't find the answer. What in the world is thier search engine that this question can not be figured out.

What is considered to be the oldest animal ever?
1-clam
2- alligator
3-sperm whale
4-cockroach

Now i have typed this question into google,IE,wickipedia,answers.com and a few others and it all comes up with 1 answer. The answer mind you i will not tell but can tell you the right answer is over 400 years old. So can anyone tell me why it cannot be found?

Resubmitting cause off the arguement.

R
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
448. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 09:29:48 (Válasz aneksi #447 hozzászólására.)
There is no argument to be had. The rejection is automatic when 75% of the people don't know or are too lazy to look for the answer. All you can really do is post it here as a way to vent and share an interesting piece of trivia with the rest of us. It is automatic to filter out the bad questions, but several active hunters have had good questions that end up in the rejected bin.

Edit:
I would rather see what I think are good questions rejected with 75% wrong than to see the "special group" evaluation.
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2010.03.14. 09:31:07-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
449. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 10:00:33 (Válasz stekkos #441 hozzászólására.)
and, like I already said, I didn't know that penguins live in either mountains, deserts (ok, you can regard antartica as desert) or forests. And, apparently, nor did 75% people. So I don't know why you are complaining about this question...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
averagePastywhitedemonFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
450. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 10:42:20
Which of the following is not a field position in cricket?

Gully
1st slip
Third man
Off side

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I want to know this question is deemed to be any more obscure than questions relating to baseball/basketball and ice hockey? I know not everyone plays cricket but at least more than one country does. The other sport related question that get passed often refer to specific USA competetions so how exactly is anyone else meant to know those answers without Googling them.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
451. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 10:44:14 (Válasz Valkyrie #449 hozzászólására.)
Valkyrie, i wasnt complaining. I brought these 3 questions as an example of what i believed should have been answered by at least 25%, but in practise i was wrong. Oh, and penquins do live in hot dessert, forest and ofcourse on the ice desert of antartica. Only on mountains you will not find. But again, it wasnt a complain. I thought it was a nice fact to be known, but since it was too hard then i bow to the will of the people
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
452. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 10:46:13 (Válasz Pastywhitedemon #450 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pastywhitedemon - 2010.03.14. 10:42:20

Gully
1st slip
Third man
Off side

I want to know this question is deemed to be any more obscure than questions relating to baseball/basketball and ice hockey? I know not everyone plays cricket but at least more than one country does. The other sport related question that get passed often refer to specific USA competetions so how exactly is anyone else meant to know those answers without Googling them.

My guess would be that asking about a specific position was the reason for rejection..... Cricket is a sport played in many countries and there are quite a few cricket questions in the quiz so i feel they didnt reject this just for the sport.
averageKain JulianosFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
453. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 13:03:21
My quiz was rejected because According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

Where is the FIFA World Cup held in 2010?

Brazil
Germany
South Africa
Japan

And after that, I got the same question in quiz olympics. I would understand if the evaluators would have answered that the question is already in use. But now I have to wonder who wrote the question first and how does the evaluators choose the Bad / Good question...
averageKain JulianosFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
454. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 16:02:02
And again about the James Bond movie question which there are more than several already.

Including what was the first James Bond movie and what was the first James Bond actor and some question about Bond movies that had Roger Moore as correct answer. And again my question was concerned as according to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge !?!

How many James Bond movies starred George Lazenby?

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

May I ask about your evaluation criteria as it seems to be quite RANDOM...
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
455. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 19:08:51 (Válasz Kain Julianos #454 hozzászólására.)
Ok, i hope the evaluator sees this post since you have a point. Both questions were part of the database before you post them, and i mean months before. So the proper thing was to get the already in database evaluation.
averagePastywhitedemonFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
456. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:12:04
i think the evaluators love lord of the rings too - so many questions from that book - fortunately i have read it but anyone who hasn't must be annoyed by now.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
457. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:18:53 (Válasz Pastywhitedemon #456 hozzászólására.)
Agreed..it seems whatever is currently popular is accepted.

I have never read a Harry Pooter book, and have seen the first movie.... and the books have not been around that long as opposed to most literature questions.

Yet, I have had four different questions pertaining Pooter and the author.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
458. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:38:36 (Válasz stekkos #452 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.14. 10:46:13
Idézet: Pastywhitedemon - 2010.03.14. 10:42:20

Gully
1st slip
Third man
Off side

My guess would be that asking about a specific position was the reason for rejection..... Cricket is a sport played in many countries and there are quite a few cricket questions in the quiz so i feel they didnt reject this just for the sport.

Isn't it funny that a question about sports not played extensively in Eastern Europe (Cricket, US Football, Hockey) get rejected, but sports that are played there (Soccer/Futball, Basketball, Water Polo) get approved?

Sorry, did I say "funny". Very much not funny actually.
Pontszám: 3
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
459. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:43:15
I really wish that either ONE Evaluator did the evaluating or they all got together and set a solid decisive set of rules on what is and is not an acceptable question, because I just got this

How many movies, worldwide, have been made based on the Holy Bible?

From them, when I just resubmited it, since the first time it was submited it was rejected due to a spelling error, which indicates that it was an acceptable question to the person who looked at it that time.

Expecially when the question "In the Bible, who killed Abel" was considered an acceptable question, one which I have answered several times.

To me it seems like the evaluators are just not all together on what they find acceptable, considering my question has a much broader source (Movies based on the Bible), where as the accepted question has a much more limited source (A single section of the bible).
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
460. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 02:14:39 (Válasz Twinky #459 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.14. 22:43:15
I really wish that either ONE Evaluator did the evaluating or they all got together and set a solid decisive set of rules on what is and is not an acceptable question, because I just got this

How many movies, worldwide, have been made based on the Holy Bible?

From them, when I just resubmited it, since the first time it was submited it was rejected due to a spelling error, which indicates that it was an acceptable question to the person who looked at it that time.

Expecially when the question "In the Bible, who killed Abel" was considered an acceptable question, one which I have answered several times.

To me it seems like the evaluators are just not all together on what they find acceptable, considering my question has a much broader source (Movies based on the Bible), where as the accepted question has a much more limited source (A single section of the bible).

No, this is just a bad question. If I shoot a movie in my basement, does that count? What if I make a DVD of it and give it to a video store? And how do you define "based on the bible"? Any film where a character goes "God damn it!" or "Jesus Christ!" has a biblical element. Beyond that - worldwide? You know what's going on in some film studio in Nowhereville, North Korea? Lastly, this non-confirmable number is constantly changing, meaning the question is possibly obsolete the day it's approved.

And very lastly - in an international game, let's keep religion out of it completely - things are always more harmonious with less religion involved, not more.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!