Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2011.04.20. 04:14:07
Crystal clan are clones+ a bit extra. So they are a copy of a player but some other stats/equipment are boosted which makes them a liitle stronger than their clone. Example: If you are holding a level 1 mace and you are level 50 when they clone you, the crystal player will not have the mace but a weapon close to the level you actually are.
Dátum: 2011.04.19. 10:49:11
Sbart, a critical spell hit AND the extra effects of a spell require that your spell hits fully (i.e. it does not say about your opponent "...he takes ONLY X damage...") If you do hit fully the the effects apply ALWAYS, but the critical spell might still fail since it is also affected by the difference of your skills.

As Phalanxii showed, having lower IQ does not mean you will fail every time, just lowers your chances.

But critical spell hit chance is your skill - opponents skill. So if you have less or equal than your opponent you NEVER hit critically, even if you hit fully with your spell.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 16:36:37
Not directly. But if your opponents spell fails due to your high IQ, he has 0 chance of scoring a critical hit
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 14:14:44
Have in mind there are higher level items increasing your resistance. Like magic absorption, if you take only an items total MA it is very low. But combining relics, pets, items, etc, you end up with high amount. I get 7% resistance from items +13 from pets. So total 20%, not so negligible

Sbart is also right. Like absorption will never remove magic damage completely, resistance will only reduce the effects. Have in mind though that a high IQ is always the best counter for both (less spell damage, 0 effects and no critical spell hit)
Dátum: 2011.04.09. 04:05:31
color of a banana?

You used both green and yellow as answers. A banana can be either, depending on its ripeness
Dátum: 2011.04.07. 04:02:45
That is an excellent observation, thank you. It should be changed
Dátum: 2011.04.06. 04:28:15
"It was love at first sight" begins which 1961 novel?

More detail than it should ask for
Dátum: 2011.04.02. 10:32:31
Sloths spend on average __ precent of their life sleeping.

percent
Dátum: 2011.04.02. 07:40:42
Deadstar, its just a normal pet. Only "special" is that you get to beat other players with a fool
Dátum: 2011.04.01. 05:40:51
No you did not, it was an April fools day joke. Wish it was true though
Dátum: 2011.04.01. 05:38:08
I was on the phone when i logged in and i saw that i won 770 000 se

I actually went silent until the other person started asking what happened Nice one admins!

Oh, and Sergoth, it is an April fools joke, there is no prize
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 18:14:02
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.03.29. 16:19:32
Does the bonus granted by the pixie and the demon (familiars) affect all pets?

Cruel.

Demon, yes.

Pixie, only the pet you have trained with magic absorbtion skill, since only one can affect you
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 14:44:01
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.29. 07:38:42
Sorry, Stekkos, but that is a poor example! Most European Association Football stars are known world-wide (perhaps not so well in the USA, although I am sure you have heard of David beckham, who plays for LA Galaxy). They are made up of many many nationalities and are part of a global game. Giben that the USA has hosted the Associaltion Football World Cup Finals, I think it is fair that questions about this sport are considered Global.
US Football is entirely different. It is not global as is obvious in that the only major trophy that can be won is the Superbowl which is played between American franchises only. It is the equivalent of any national sporting trophy but NOT any INTERNATIONAL one.
Would you be happy with questions about players of Kabbadi? How about Shinty? Or Australian Rules Football? I could go on. Those are sports that are hugely high profile in the countries in which they are played but are not global and so have no place in a GENERAL knowledge quiz.

PS Research is great! Having said all that, I discover that John Madden was NEVER a professional player! So are you happy to have questions about people who played college sport here?

"A football standout in high school, he then played college football at Oregon[4] and the College of San Mateo before transferring to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, where he played both offense and defense for the Mustangs while earning a BS in Education in 1959 and an MA in Education in 1961. [5][6] He won all-conference honors at offensive tackle, and was a catcher on Cal Poly-SLO's baseball team. Madden was drafted in the 21st round (244th overall) by the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles in 1958, but a knee injury in training camp a year later ended his playing career before he ever got a chance to play."

Leaving Madden aside, who by the way made some pc game titles also , the whole debate about what is general knowleadge and especially US vs rest of the world has been exausted a year or so back. It is agreed US football is not a global sport but still popular enough to accept it. It is the same as why i cannot ask about the presidents of my country in the same way US presidents appear in the quiz. They are not global presidents but are known to enough people to justify the question.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 14:38:04
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.03.29. 04:49:29
Stekkos, here's a good post on the largest bird of prey ambiguity: http://www.naturalvisionsphoto.com/weblog2/2009/01/no-easy-answer.html.

Ok so scientists are not sure what a bird of pray is. That can be accepted as making the question invalid. But you debated about what is largest, and at that comment, condor is largest at wingspan, wheight, overall size, etc. than all the other options. Therefore the question could still be corrected to which is the largest bird.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 04:05:09
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.25. 10:17:39
Who is John Madden ?
President of the United States
Ice Hockey Player
Football Player
World War Two Hero

Another example of USA-specific question that does not consider the rest of the world.
Please alter the correct answer to read "American Football Player".
(Unless he played Association Football or Rugby Football, of course.)

It was agreed that any question will be treated according to the same rules regardless of origin or geografic limitations. So since someone can ask about a tennis, football or rugby player, then this type of question is considered ok. The fact most people outside the US do not know him is not an issue since most European football stars are not known in North America.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 03:59:29
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.03.28. 04:25:32
what is the largest bird of prey?

ambiguous question. define "largest." length? wingspan? weight? answer varies depending.

From the answers available, condor is the largest no matter what you consider "largest"
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 04:27:48
Relics can do this, like the friendship stone. But if you scry the character you get a list of all his bonuses, including drain protection. Then you can see if you are missing something
Dátum: 2011.03.25. 09:49:01
Not to mention players like Sorcha Demo or Princess who are so high level, they have no targets at all
Dátum: 2011.03.25. 09:34:48
I already have 2 gold relics from map event. Will the relics from this event count as extra? Example: I have gold neclease of bargain. Will the relic granding +trade skill give me extra bonus, or i cannot choose this reward?
Dátum: 2011.03.19. 14:42:58
What do you call a group of dolphins swimming together?

Both school and pod can be accepted as correct