Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2011.01.13. 07:18:05
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2011.01.12. 17:21:52
The 1981 German film 'Das Boot' tells the story of?

A German submarine crew.
The history of German boot making.
A comedy about a pair of red shoes.
A punk-rock band.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Was my mistake in identify that it was a German film without saying that it has been dubbed into English and shown at least in England both at the pictures and several times on the TV? Is this what made the reviewer reject the question?

If you use 'alltheweb.com' as your search engine the first hit is an English Wikki artical about the film and giving you the answer so its not hard to find out if you did not see the film yourself - and is always going to be the way you have to check any film or book if you have not personally read it recently.

Das Boot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plot|Cast|Production|VersionsDas Boot is a 1981 German epic war film written and directed by Wolfgang Petersen, produced by Günter Rohrbach, and starring Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer and Klaus Wennemann. It...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Boot_(film) - Cached

The main reason it was rejected should be the german language of the film. Even if it was dubbed, it was not a film released for the English speaking audience. It was agreed that all questions about books, comics, films etc will be accepted if it was released, or ciculated widely translated, in English
Dátum: 2011.01.12. 07:50:32
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.09. 20:24:39
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.01.09. 14:30:06
Problem with math Viridel is the infinite ways a player can keep posting the same type "grey" questions and we would have to accept them if we accepted the previous. Is like the None of the above answer. Both are rejected for the simple reason of flooding the quiz with the same question written in 1000 ways.

However, you have allowed an infinite number of "who wrote", "who painted" and "what's the capital"

I stand by my comment. You've put quantity restrictions on the above three, so allow *some* math to come in, then start tagging with "already in the database" if it starts getting too repetitive.

The difference with the other type of questions is that they offer a nice trivia, for someone who does care, to learn. Math has been allowed when following the same princible, like pi questions, asking the circumferance of circle, various math series or even a question asking (example): 34x544x22x0x555x544=?

That one is allowed since it is actually a trick and is a nice one as such. But questions asking plainly for the player to grab a calculator and find the result offer nothing more than exersising your math solving skills or your calculator speed. Not quite a trivia quiz subject.
Dátum: 2011.01.12. 05:44:54
When i sugested this event it was supposed to be a relic type reward for those who choose to attack the monster. The ap or dp would not be equal to reward, the rewards tier would be at certain thresholds depending on players group. If you reach the threshold, relic is yours. If you go to next threshold, it becomes either more powerfull or it would be a different, but still better, relic. So there would be just the question of how high do i want to get, balancing the sacrifice of resources in getting a unique item my resources would not have given me. No xp, manacon points, se, potion drops etc. If you like the reward, you fight for it. And ofcourse it would have to be something that people would fight about. How about relics that start with +5% drain soul at tier 1 and at max its +20% soul drain. What dueler would not sacrifice some dp, especially without getting xp to get at max? Or a relic whch gives +5% build up to 20% at highest, for the builders to spend se/ap to get it. Both relics could be accessible, and when the event is done you can choose one you like, at the tier you reached.

Overall i had in mind an event that can make players work together without affecting the rest of the game, exept ofcourse the dp/ap they choose to use. This sound like Zarkond event all over again.
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 14:37:09
Idézet: Hrus - 2010.07.25. 06:43:23
Do they attack other random players or only those they are in war with? Do they have any SE (for looting)?

They attack in random but ofcourse the most attacks go to players whos clans are at war with them
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 14:35:44
When they come back, they are "copies" of the current above level 50 players. So they get stronger but at a rate matching the actual players. They take about 5 days or a week, not less though, to come back. The second clan is a kind of mystary to me since i asked Hungarian players and they said on Hungarian doomlord there is only 1 Crystal clan
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 14:30:22
Who is current president of Russian Federation?

Date please
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 14:30:06
Problem with math Viridel is the infinite ways a player can keep posting the same type "grey" questions and we would have to accept them if we accepted the previous. Is like the None of the above answer. Both are rejected for the simple reason of flooding the quiz with the same question written in 1000 ways.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 08:27:07
Taken from that aspect, yes it needs more details.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 08:26:02
I am also in favour of the focus crystals being removable, it will make players A LOT more motivated into participating.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 05:06:31
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.05. 01:29:09
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.05. 01:02:09
You will find them across other skills once you obtained the particular AA connected with that skill.

thought so. Can anyone post their descriptions? Wouldn't want to invest AA points just to make those skills available.. thanks

The descriptions are included in the main AA ability description which grands you the skill. Example:

Skin evolution:
Each level increases the maximum of your spiked skin skill. (Spiked skin: new skill, if someone hits you with melee weapon, he/she takes damage as well.)
Dátum: 2011.01.01. 20:40:41
Idézet: rok3269 - 2010.12.30. 22:33:18
How does this question get allowed into the game;

Which of these characters does NOT appear in the game Diablo II ?
Sorceress
Barbarian
Paladin
Rogue *

When the question I asked which referenced the Harry Potter books & movies gets rejected. There is no way you can tell me that Diablo II has more popularity and a bigger following than the Hary Potter series of books & movies does.

My question was rejected on the basis of being special knowledge known only to a few and yet I have never played Diablo I or II but I am expected to know this. Why is that ?
Seriously how can anyone call this syustem of grading questions even remotely fair?

First of all let me say again it is not based on popularity. Harry potter is much more popular. But this question is asking about THE MAIN CHARACTER selection of the game. Questions about the names of main characters are accepted for much less known books/games/movies than Diablo II. If the question was which character can wield the (just random name) firebreether sword in Diablo II, even if it was the most well known weapon of the game, it would not be accepted.
Dátum: 2011.01.01. 20:35:19
Also this question was accepted way before any of the current evaluators, so it did not pass through the same rules. It is a very old question so you can argue about it being in the quiz, but you cannot compare it to your evaluation. As for googlability, i am also in favor but is not up to me or any evaluator. I am discussing it with the admin, still waiting her opinion. But until evaluators get a new directive we have to keep working under the current rules regardless of personal or player preferences.
Dátum: 2011.01.01. 20:29:17
I think is 5 days in advance, if so then it should be announced tomorow
Dátum: 2010.12.31. 08:35:50
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.31. 02:44:40
Who sang the song Brother Louie?

The Stories
The Who
The Beatles
The Rolling stones

google say this was written and performed by hot chocolate

Weird, my 5 first hits on Google all say The Stories. Hot chocolate came up 7th although you are right about them, wikipeadia says:

"The song about a black girl and her white boyfriend had been a UK hit for Hot Chocolate earlier that year. Once issued as the Stories' second single, it became a big hit, reaching No. 1 in the United States."
So US heard it first by the Stories but Hot chocolate was first in UK.
Dátum: 2010.12.31. 08:29:08
Jujutsu is an accepted term also though
Dátum: 2010.12.31. 08:26:32
Thank you, i hope soon will finish all of them and start helping with other part of the wiki
Dátum: 2010.12.30. 08:21:54
Hints for quests added up to quest 58. That included the achieve draws in duels 5 times. So anyone interested in doing that one can get a lot of nice info there
Dátum: 2010.12.30. 06:01:45
I also agree that if they do add an option to remove adds it should be free for prmium players like it is done with all browser games. An extra option to spend stones on that would feel like double charge for a service that should have been provided. They should actually compensate us for loading delays as long as they do not implement that
Dátum: 2010.12.30. 05:57:53
There are +/- to your skills when challenging depending on your level and the opponents level. So although you could be higher at a skill, this might not be the case when challenging. Unfortunately i do not know any more details on how this works, hopefully someone with more info can answer
Dátum: 2010.12.29. 10:48:30
Who was creator of "Corto Maltese" comic book?

All sources point to this being an Italian comic and has no English translation. Non English publications are not allowed in the quiz