Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2012.05.30. 10:46:58
Some questions about things that this affects:

1) Will the "Advance x levels" Clan quest be affected? The change will make it more difficult for anyone in the top50 to level up, so this will be affected.
2) Will this change have any effect on task such as "Buy a new helmet" in the Temple of Doom? Buying new equipment is something normally done after you gain some levels, and with this change that will happen less often (although the frequency of the ToD will not change).
3) Is there any ETA for this to be implemented? The 1.5-2 weeks is almost up.
Dátum: 2012.05.30. 09:40:38
World 2 Lady Avariels medallions:
2012. April - Most missions completed
1. Jonny Fairplay 106
2. Senner 94
3. Sbart 86
Dátum: 2012.05.30. 07:51:20
Idézet: Hexonx - 2012.05.30. 01:50:51

BUT YOU ARE WRONG CONCERNING SPECIALIZATION!!! I have to have my ring equipped for the bonuses to have affect!!! I just tested it and the cost to increase specialized ability change by almost 15,000 SE with out it equipped!!!

Normally when increasing a specialized Abilitie this is the case, yes, and it has always been like that.
With the reward from the Landragor event (which I thought we were discussing) it should not be the case, and all "better specialization"-equipment should just count automatically.

Does that make it clearer?
Dátum: 2012.05.29. 18:25:30
Regarding the "Complete 30 quest" task:
I have posted about it here before and I say it again: Once you have done 100 Quests you can start doing Repeatable quests. These are smaller Quests, and the Reward is SE, one ducat, and 10 crystal points. These Quests are much faster to do than the "normal" quests. And that is how you do 30 Quests in 28 days.
Yes, it will still require some work, but shouldn´t most temple tasks do?
Dátum: 2012.05.29. 18:21:43
Do you mean the "Items sold for soul diamonds"?

You can tick that box and then press "List" to list all available items that has a Soul-diamond cost. Combine it with the options on the right to find for example all Focus crystals sold for SD, or all Relics sold for SD.
Dátum: 2012.05.28. 11:04:27
Idézet: Dancer - 2012.05.28. 10:36:07
Question-What legendary children's poet wrote The Giving Tree"?

The quotation (") mark after tree.

Actually, the question is missing a " before The; "The Giving Tree".
Dátum: 2012.05.27. 15:45:06
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2012.05.26. 02:13:39
I fought more and charged more and still got lower rewards than clan members.

What do you mean with your reward was lower? You gained less SE or you gained less Abilities increase?
Because e) above give you the reason why you can fight more and gain less Abilities increase while you actually gained more SE.
Dátum: 2012.05.25. 09:49:50
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.05.25. 09:15:26

People sometimes say XP is bad. Going ahead weakens your character. Although I disagree with these statements, the above change helps the matter. Getting more xp will actually improve your SE/XP now so people might be less motivated to fall behind.

About this. As far as I can see this has a lot to do about the Championship. Relatively stronger characters (better SE/Xp) could easily win the Championship, becoming even relatively stronger. Now, the new handicap system in the championship has done something about this, and it is not as true as it used to be.

The thing I am most....annoyed about this whole thing is that there has obviously been quite some debate on the Hungarian forums about this change. This has been discussed and debated, but only after decisions have been made it is posted on these forums. We (the international players) have no chance of input, no possibility of making our voices or opinion heard. It feels a bit like being treated like a second grade customer.
Dátum: 2012.05.25. 09:44:33
Really curious to know what skill you got as a Temple task that you cannot complete, because I was under the impression that the only skills that were included was those that do not have a maximum.

What do you mean that your Ring with +10% to special ability does not work? The cost of your Specialized ability does not change when you equip/unequipped it?

About the Landragor event and "spent SE" vs "number of fights":
Remember that after the event the game basically calculates an SE pool for every participant. This pool is based on how much SE you charged, how much SE you would have gained from those AP you spent (so 2x the number of fights), and minus the SE you gained from the fights themselves. This large pool of SE is then used to increase your Abilities, counting all abilities as Specialized (and using all specialized increasing equipment), starting from Strength and going down.
So how much you gain from the event depends on
a) How much SE you charged
b) how many AP you spent
c) your Hunting "efficiency" (spectra manipulation, Soul-energy squeezing etc ect)
d) your special ability equipment
e) How high your Abilities are before you take the reward

So you see how it could easily be that other people who spent less SE, but spent more AP (and perhaps had lower Abilities?) would gain "more" from the event.

About the Temple task, I kind of agree although I think there was a post in the thread about the Temple clarifying that it was only increase done directly on the sheet (as in with SE) that counted. And why would the Task state on the Character sheet if that was not the case? Is there any other place we can increase Abilities?
Dátum: 2012.05.23. 09:19:16
That is why I didn´t put it in the first post with suggestions.
Dátum: 2012.05.22. 17:11:56
I actually did not consider the Potion level, good catch.
There are a number of other things I though about, but had to dismiss because of the timing of the ToD. For example, one could put in a "Gain one of Lady Alvariels Medals", but you can only complete that task if your Temple overlaps with the handing out of such Medals.
Although perhaps the algorithm to distribute task could check if this is the case, and if not just give you another task.
Dátum: 2012.05.22. 14:14:31
Some thoughts about the Temple of Doom and the tasks in it:

The Temple is not an auto complete feature, some times it is more difficult than others and perhaps it isn't even worth completing it (effort>reward). I think that is ok, and I believe that is part of the design.

About the AS tasks: Better control of these would be nice. Premium players already get an advantage by being able to use AS for the Decree. I am not saying they should be removed, but perhaps including better algorithms to actually hard cap them would be an idea (so that there is a 2 or 3 maximum no matter what in a single temple).

About the repetition of tasks: Having to do the same tasks every Temple just isn't very good. Buying a new Helmet every month isn't very nice. I would suggest (if it isn't already implemented) that every time you complete a Temple task it gets marked, and marked tasks are less likely to appear in your next Temple. Kind of a memory for the temple, so that we get more variety. Now, this would mean that you could get the same task two temples in a row, but there is less probability of that happening.

As for tasks in themselves, here are some suggestions for more tasks (which I think are not in the list?):

- Increase you Skill total by 7/21/45 (4x4/5x5/6x6)
- Increase your Ability total by 5/10/15 (4x4/5x5/6x6)
- Buy a new pair of Boots
- Buy a new Weapon, a shield, and an armor (all must be your level or higher)
- Drink 25 Healing potions (your level or higher)
- Drink 25 Mana potions (your level or higher)
- Increase your Correct quiz answers by 100/200/300 (4x4/5x5/6x6)
- Train a new pet
- Sell 4 focus Crystals in the Auction house
Dátum: 2012.05.21. 14:32:56
If this is how it works, then the text on Useful Energies is misleading:
"If your energy harness skill resets (due to oblivion or spacerift potion) this ability will be deleted!"

But you are saying that if I switch, I get to keep my EH 60, basically keeping the full benefit from Useful energies (even though the ability clearly states that is not the case). I don't understand why EH is not set to 50 when using a Space-rift potion (as the AA ability says it would be). The ability says gets deleted, but I keep the benefit from it?

If you want things to work in certain ways in the game, please, please write proper tool tips so that we (as in we the players) can understand what you actually mean.
Dátum: 2012.05.21. 09:34:18
Still no explanation why the Platinum Belt of Specialization was nerfed, while no other Platinum Relics was.
Dátum: 2012.05.20. 19:23:35
I´m actually also wondering how many players have used this exploit without reporting it.

Very good of Wicked to report it, and as usual don´t really expect anything to be done about it (perhaps the bug will be fixed, but the players who have benefited from it will probably get away with it).
Dátum: 2012.05.19. 17:30:37
Isn´t Quiz Olympics every two weeks? So you should always be able to complete that task (since you have two weeks to complete the Temple).
Dátum: 2012.05.19. 17:29:13
Actually, the SE/xp will remain extacly as it is now. The SE/level however, will increase, meaning that people at high level will gain more SE within a certain level.
Now, the question is: Does this matter?
Too some extent it does, since people will get more SE within a Championship bracket, and players higher in this bracket will gain more SE before leveling (potentially out of the bracket). But, the "new" handicap system for the Championship means that staying (and winning) multiple times in the same bracket is not that good anymore.

Also, even if part of the problem that is causing the problem (few high level players) is the DD/EH mess, there are a few other things causing this problem.
1) Since XP are "bad", players do not spend their resorces. This is a fundamental problem with the game, and this measure will not remedy that in any way. The benfit from levelling should be bigger than it is (at the moment you don´t even get a new Legend after level 80-something)
2) Premium players (PP) get extra AP. Extra AP means extra XP...which is bad, because you level away from everyone else and loose pvp targets. So what is then the point of Premium? Naming your pets?

I don´t think this measure (increasing the XP needed for the top 50 to level) will actually fix the underlying problems causing the problem (large level distance), but it might band-aid the problem (perhaps even for a long time).

@Tallia
It doesn´t matter if a game change is good or bad for you personally, if you think the change is bad for the game one should complain.
Dátum: 2012.05.17. 18:38:11
Found some new pet equipment at the soul-huckster:
ruby braindamper

Type: equipment for pets
Level: 100
+10 XP/victory
!!HSZ!! (allat_szint_ervenyes)
Price: 2 ancient stones

Please do not just put things in the game without and kind of forum post or news post about it! Do I have to go through every nick and corner of the game every time I log in to see if something was implemented when I wasn´t looking?
Dátum: 2012.05.16. 18:20:24
It allows you to reset the "Discharge the soul-well" times (under Misc).

Basically, it lets you discharge the soul-well immediately when you use it. It still costs 10 AS, and the SE you gain is calculated the same way as usual.

How much is this worth? Depends. Are you a premium user who usually use the function, and have the Soul-well Catalyst? Then it is very good.
Do you not use the function? Meh.
Dátum: 2012.05.15. 14:48:49
@Eragon5
The only thing you can do to increase you chances of getting a Blue or Red from the WoF is to roll for Ancient stones.
At the moment you could buy Ancient stones and get Luck coupons and roll for them (if you haven't done this yet).

Basically it is just luck, but you can increase your chances by rolling for AS every day.