Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.09.16. 20:02:04
Which of these is not a cultivar of the species Brassica oleracea?

kale
broccoli
cabbage
chard

Your quiz question is valued as „Bad question”!
Explanation: According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

So the "special group" would be people who eat vegetables? Or at least gardeners. Seriously, the fact that kale, broccoli, and cabbage are all the same plant is really pretty general knowledge. I wouldn't expect anyone would know the species name, but I put that in there to make it easier to google for the people who don't grow or eat vegetables.

This is just one more example of why we NEED to factor in the googlability of a question into the evaluation process. If you happen to draw an evaluator who is completely ignorant on the subject that you are asking about, they have no way to evaluate whether the question is general knowledge or not. So perfectly good questions get rejected, and the users get unhappy. And unhappy users are not good for the game.
So we've established that very few people use these forums. And of the ones that do, not all care enough to vote. But I don't buy that as a reason not to take any action. Of the people who voted, 2/3 are in favor, no matter how it's implemented. Another 1/7 are more cautious, but might be in favor if they like the details of how it's implemented. Under 1/5 are opposed.

Can we at least get the evaluators to agree to try something out on a temporary basis and see how it goes?
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 18:15:54
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.09.15. 12:19:12
Does that mean I will still need to fill the well with 100,000 no matter where I go???

Whatever clan you join, you have to fill whatever the size of that clan's soul well is at the time you join. So if you join a big, well established clan, it will take you longer to fill the soul well, but they will have better benefits from their buildings. If you join a smaller clan, you will fill the soul well faster and get access to the buildings they do have sooner. And later on, you can leave the small clan to join a bigger one, and you will start out partway there.
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 18:11:18
Idézet: Smelly - 2010.09.15. 12:56:04
SECOND ATTEMPT - Could I have one of the ADMIN/MODs look at this please?

You're probably better off emailing the info@doomlord.net account.
Dátum: 2010.09.14. 15:05:03
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.09.14. 11:57:33
Don't forget the "RANDOM" modifier in the battle system. It ain't so easy to understand the concept of the system. (P_IQ - O_IQ)+(P_luck - O_luck)+(P_criticalS - O_criticalS)=% chance of hit

But this is only my version. I don't have access to the battle system.

- I haven't seen anything that indicates that critical spell affects chance to hit
- Presumably, you forgot to add 50 to your formula
Dátum: 2010.09.13. 22:20:24
Your point may be valid, but you picked a poor example to show it. (Or possibly, you just cut off a key bit of information when you copy/pasted)

Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.09.13. 21:44:17
magic damage against a player with the absorber

There is quite a distance between you, so you can quickly invoke the burst of light spell. (-100 SP). XXXX tries to evade while running. He takes only 47 damage.

According to this description, your spell missed. If that spell hits, you will see some attack penalty applied to your opponent. Since there's no attack penalty, that means that the spell missed, and it's going to do minimal damage, regardless of the absorber. The way I read it, the absorber's effect is pretty straightforward: it subtracts off your opponent's level (or possibly level at the time of acquisition) from the damage of your spell. So if your opponent was level 40, then you would have done 87 points of damage if he hadn't had the absorber.
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 20:32:12
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.12. 13:25:35
I dont know what the 30 battles you said mean but is exactly like phase 1. You dont HAVE to do anything, just attack as many times you want and use as much se above minimum you feel like. The more you do, the bigger the reward at the end. And yes, there is a final phase 3 coming up

I'm pretty sure the 30 battles he referred to was the minimum necessary to get the horde bonus.
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 20:31:16
Idézet: Estril - 2010.09.12. 17:40:51
Once phase 3 starts, will we still be able to loot the phase 1 or 2 relics?

Unfortunately, I haven't found any of them yet and I'm hoping that it's possible in phase 3.

I found the phase 1 relic during phase 2, so I assume that would continue to be possible in phase 3.
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 20:30:42
Idézet: xatharas - 2010.09.12. 18:46:36
I was wondering what makes a soulwell grow? finished buildings? building? duels?

Every time you build, you make the SW grow by a percentage of how much you built. There's a post somewhere that explains the percentages, if you care enough to search for it.
Dátum: 2010.09.12. 20:28:59
Idézet: Killaheala - 2010.09.12. 20:20:13
Why world 3 dont have the acution house open? does anyone knows?

W2 had to wait until there were a sufficient number of players of high enough level to use it.
Dátum: 2010.09.07. 22:57:27
When does the current cycle of the Mayan calendar end?
12/12/2012
12/21/2112
12/21/2012
It doesn't end.

Double fail. It's got a none-of-these answer. And the two December 2012 dates are way too close together.
Dátum: 2010.09.07. 20:54:58
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.07. 20:09:02
Okay forget the temptation, I gonna hafta cause look at this? Keep in mind I attempted a question in asked what the maximum level of the learning skill skill was without use of the academy ( along those lines ) and it got the 'special group' excuse. Yet, this got accepted.

How many questions does the Quiz Olympics of this game consist of?

There's a valid difference between those. If you click Quiz in the sidebar and then click the Quiz Olympics button, that will tell you the answer to the second question, no matter what level you are or what skills you have. But AFAIK, there is nowhere in the game that answers the first question until you are a member of a clan with an Academy.

Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.07. 20:09:02
Also, here is another prime example..

Who is the main villain in Harry Potter book series?

So let me get this straight. Main antagonist of a book series gets an okay, but main protagonist of a specificly identified game ( not series in general, GAME ) gets the 'special group' excuse.

You really think the number of people who have played FFVII is even close to the same order of magnitude as the number of people who have read Harry Potter? Get serious. There are plenty of examples of questions in the quiz that genuinely should have been rejected under the current special group guidelines. The one you picked is just about the worst example you could have possibly found.
Dátum: 2010.09.07. 20:38:44
Idézet: Skapunkno1 - 2010.09.07. 19:57:21
I cant Click on any of the Emporer words on chapter 35 to complete the appear before the emporer quest.

I haven't gotten there yet myself, but I believe it's chapter 34 (available when you hit level 35).
How about we ask the question this way? When/how/by whom will a decision be made on this issue? Is there a threshold number of votes beyond which the will of the majority becomes binding? Is there a time limit after which the will of the majority becomes binding? Or are the results of the poll more of an advisory kind of thing, where the evaluators will now discuss the question amongst themselves, taking the poll results into account but not being bound by them? In which case, when will/did the discussion take place, and when will we hear the results?
Dátum: 2010.09.05. 14:24:48
Idézet: Sbart - 2010.09.05. 08:10:56
Opossum is a marsupial, not a mammal.

Marsupials are a kind of mammal.
Dátum: 2010.09.03. 23:55:06
Idézet: auntiggy - 2010.09.03. 23:14:18
You can't win at this game without premium membership anyway and some of these players are so far advanced that they can't be beaten, so when my premium membership runs out I'm done. It's pointless for me to keep spending money on a losing game.

By many metrics, the top player in W2 is MsPiggy, who I believe has never spent one cent (that's an extremely small unit of American currency, for you Euros out there ) on the game. I've got premium equipment now, but I didn't for a long time, and I did fine. I broke down and got the better equipment because I couldn't compete in the championship without it. I never buy premium status, except when I want to name my pets. And I'm #4 in SE differential. So it's definitely possible to do well in this game without spending money. Get in a good, active clan with experienced players and ask for pointers, and you'll find yourself doing better and enjoying yourself more.
Dátum: 2010.09.03. 15:10:30
Does the Destructor (Effect: +100 bonus damage vs epic opponents) apply to entities too (from Epic Monument 2) or just to full-clan epics? Also, do you get the bonus every time you land a hit, or just once per battle?
Dátum: 2010.09.02. 18:12:59
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.02. 16:36:47
I wonder which mamals you mean... Whales, dolphins, seals, etc jump in the water.

I doubt that elephant seals jump, even in the water.

Still, my feeling is even if there are 2 correct answers to a question, if only one of them is listed as an option, I'm fine with it.
Dátum: 2010.09.02. 05:04:46
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.23. 16:32:45
a) Each question gets reviewed by 2 NA, 2 Euro and 1 International - simple majority rules. If one marks the answer as wrong or two mark it as ambiguous, the question is tossed immediately.

I'm all for it. I've proposed similar changes myself. However, it would require coding changes, and so is exceedingly unlikely to actually happen.

b) More Mods - Way more Mods

Probably not necessary without a).

c) Questions get reviewed separately from the Hunt - so a wrong answer doesn't penalize a Mod 10%, and there is no 5 minute limit. Approved Moderators would access a separate screen (like a button in the Misc. tab) and be able to access the question queue that way. Therefore, when a Mod wants to answer questions, they can. When they don't, they won't.

I agree this would be an improvement, but probably a marginal one. And it involves coding.

d) Mods get 1/2 their level (rounded up) SE for each question they moderate - regardless of whether it's approved or rejected.

Probably not necessary without a) and b).

e) Space for comments on the question (so users can actually know why the question was rejected). A Mod rejecting a question MUST leave a comment.

I would love this. Again, I've made similar proposals. But again, it involves code changes.

f) The ability to make rudimentary spelling & grammar corrections. People should not be punished for simple "oops" typos, or for being English-second-language!!!

I think this would be good. My understanding from the work I do, however, is that it is illegal in several European countries, though. You are allowed to delete user content (as long as you can always provide it on request), but you are never allowed to modify user content.

g) Anyone reaching the 10th level (or higher) can apply to be a Moderator, provided they are English-first-language (or at least very proficient).

Goes along with b).

h) Moderators who fail to achieve 60% (or a different number to be determined as we go along) "agreement" with their fellow Moderators will lose the opportunity to continue Mod'ing for 2 weeks, then 1 month, then permanently.

Goes along with a).

So, in summary, great ideas, but they'll never happen, because nobody is actually programming for this game anymore. (or so I believe)
Dátum: 2010.09.01. 17:43:16
Did you buy energy harvest? You can only have one or the other.