Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.06.02. 23:43:15
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.02. 23:13:09
Building from the Soul Well really shouldn't trigger the Clan tag, and should barely qualify as an Event. By reverse, I find it odd that the completion of a building is NOT an Event - and it's something that really SHOULD trigger the Clan tag... It would really help Clan Leaders organize the build order better.

Yes, please please please please. This should be an incredibly easy change to make. When can we have it?
Dátum: 2010.06.02. 22:57:53
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.06.02. 21:15:42
Idézet: Myszone - 2010.06.02. 18:11:27
I have a question - when I soul-squeeze the pet, does it always count like a normal animal, or is there a chance for it to count as a tiny / lesser/ greater/ huge/ gigantic animal?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Pets do not have size qualifications. You squeeze SE from a pet you have caught. The base and/or trained level of the pet will help determine the amount you get.

If I read him right, he's wondering whether one's Luck can have a big impact on the SE you squeeze, in the same way that it can during a hunt.
Dátum: 2010.06.02. 16:46:48
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.02. 16:18:24
Which of the following is NOT a significant 2010 earthquake according to the U.S.G.S. (as of March, 2010)?

Magnitude 7.0 RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN February 26, 2010
Magnitude 8.8 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE February 27, 2010
Magnitude 7.0 HAITI REGION January 12, 2010
Magnitude 7.8 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS October 07, 2010

I can't remember which one was correct but I think that only some of us could answer this without any problem. And I don't think it's an interesting lexical knowledge.

It seems likely that the one that's still several months in the future is the correct answer, so it doesn't really require any special knowledge. Still, the question boils down to "How closely are you reading this?", which I don't think is a good kind of question to allow.
Dátum: 2010.06.02. 15:34:39
There should be a way to make the clan's current building appear at the top of the page. Either a manual button that a leader can click to set it, or automatically based on the last building that someone built with SE from the soul well.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 19:35:17
When displaying a character sheet, it would be nice if, in addition to the raw Ability Total, there were another line for Abilities With Bonuses. Championship medals, equipment, focus crystals - all that is right there on the page, publicly viewable, so it wouldn't be giving us any more information than we already had. It would just make things a little more convenient. If screen real estate is a concern, it could take the place of Most damage dealt, which is not a particularly useful metric.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 14:02:04
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.01. 06:48:09
What class do Lemurs belong to?
Primate
Marsupial
Feline
Canine

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Not wrong... Certainly not Ambiguous.

Those are not classes. Primate is an order. Feline and canine are families. Marsupial is evidently something called an infraclass.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 17:28:54
Idézet: Krahn - 2010.05.28. 17:00:30
Which of the below vegetables is NOT related to the 'deadly nightshade' family?

Potato
Tomato
Aubergine
Carrot <--- Marked correct

A tomato is not a vegetable, it's a fruit.

A tomato is both a vegetable and a fruit. In fact, it is used as an example right in the definition of vegetable.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vegetable

–noun
1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.
2. the edible part of such a plant, as the tuber of the potato.

Now, aubergine, on the other hand, is an extremely obscure term for eggplant, at least in the US.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 16:51:42
Yep, that's perfectly clear. Thanks.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 16:01:52
0.5, 2, 4.5, 8, 12.5 What is the next number in the sequence?

I believe it has been stated explicitly that questions of the form "What is the next number in the sequence" are disallowed.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 15:57:59
The first time I checked, when I contributed to a clan building, our soul well increased by 10% of whatever I put in. A few days ago, that was down to 6.667%. Now, it's at 6.1667%. Is that decrease a function of the size of our soul well? The amount I have put in personally? My level?
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 15:48:49
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 06:49:47
However, looking beyond some atrocious grammar, spelling and punctuation - do you really disagree with the general sentiment of the message? There are absurd double-standards across the entire system...

My point was that the guy was crying wolf. If people complain about questions being rejected when they clearly should have been rejected, it weakens the cases of everyone who complains legitimately. As for double standards, my view is that's the glass-half-empty way of describing a system involving human judgment. I get annoyed when the judgment doesn't go my way, but I'm prepared to accept some level of what you call double standards. (There's a book called the Death of Common Sense that explains my viewpoint on this far clearer than I could) Also, I believe they are trying to improve in that respect (although I think some of my suggestions would improve things a lot more... ), and I think they have already improved somewhat. It used to be that the correct answer to every other question was Hungary, and that's not remotely true anymore. My hope is that they continue to improve.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 15:32:47
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.05.28. 07:04:02
I didn't mention spectral manipulation, and I have a focus that ads 1% and it's shown. Ok, technically it's not a relic, but never the less...

No, you didn't mention spectral manipulation, but your premise was that "everything else is shown", and spectral manipulation is one example of something that is not shown. A lot of stuff is shown (and if I were the programmer, everything would be shown...), but some stuff isn't, and evidently the Tower of Power is in the second category.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 05:13:36
I think it would be a good idea if premium players could choose whether to get extra APs (like now) or DPs. Duels have a higher SE/XP ratio, so I know some people don't even bother using all the APs they get as non-premium players. So they don't have much incentive to spend money to get more APs. But if they could get more DPs, I think they'd be excited. Alternatively, you could have an a la carte premium menu, where a week of extra APs might cost 3 AS, a week of faster HP regen might cost 2 AS, etc. You could add faster SP regen as an option, too. Then, instead of just buying one whole premium bundle, people could pick and choose which effects were worth it for them.

Also, I think I saw this suggestion already, but I think it would be really cool if clan leaders could give out medals to clan members. For example, they might give them to the players with the top 3 wins in a war. Or the top 3 builders for the week/month. The medals wouldn't have any game effect, but should appear on the character sheet, next to the quiz olympics medal.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 04:51:13
Idézet: dreema - 2010.05.27. 23:16:53
Ok plz tell me..

finish this sentance. Snow White and the ______ _____ ....

1) Love Boat
2) Seven Dwarfs
3) Gap Band
4) Looking glass

Finish should be capitalized. Sentence has no a. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is not a sentence, as there is no verb. Take your pick.

Now, for the rest of your post, I'll just underline everything that's wrong.

Idézet: dreema - 2010.05.27. 23:16:53
why was this not accepted?? it does say there is a spelling mistake.. onlly thing i can see maybe sentance that may be wrong.. BUT for gods sake there are so many in quiz that is not even close to be a correct sentance. every quiz I try gets shot down because A evaluator either does not like the question or deems it not interesting.. Or in this case a spelling mistake. Ok be picky as hell, I can live with that but than go through ALL the current quizzes and delete half of them for NOT correct sentances or ONLY a specific group of people may know the answer.. Thats right over half of the quiz questions that I have seen are like that.. I have even called on my friends that are twice as smart as I am and even more smarter probally(they have some major degrees) and they are like the average person will NOT know that answer and that question is not a correct sentance.. Yes I am pissed atm for the biased evaluating. How do some of these questions get passed when they are specific in a area of knowledge that you have to majored in or you and only a very few may know it(that falls into"Only a specific group".. At the moment I just may say hell with this game due to this 1 major problem. I am sure many people have quit this game or may quit this game due to the unfairness or if you not in(friends/guild/a evaluator) with these people that do the evaluation.. Really tired of my average decent questions that people over all may know the answers get shot down..

With this I just say do the right thing. Stop being biased and let other people get some minor rewards not just a specific group of people..Sorry it just seems that way. I have red thru most all the negative post about this subject and it seems this is a MAJOR PROBLEM.. Do something or see a decent game go to maybe a under average game at best... Well to who ever cares about this game I hope the best and wish you luck in getting a quiz question accepted..

Wow. And I couldn't even figure out how to point out all the missing commas. You really made a great case for yourself there, bud.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 22:27:05
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.08. 03:56:08
It happens once every 2 weeks, a notification appears in your events area the day before

Are they happening once every 2 weeks somewhere? It's been more like 2 months since the last one on the English W2. Has there been a policy change? Or are they just on hold until BP stops the flow of questions leaking out into the Gulf of Mexico?
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 15:47:45
What USA federal agency's name abbreviation is NCIS?
Navy Criminal Investigative Service
Navy Crime Investigations Service
Naval Crime Investigations Service
Naval Criminal Investigative Service

Just like dates, the wrong answers should be spaced farther apart. Navy vs. Naval and Crime vs. Criminal are way too close to each other.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 15:45:39
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.05.27. 10:52:10
When having highest tower of power, in the quiz questions there is no indication that the hunt carries extra SE (10%). How can one be sure it is added? (everything else is shown - medals, good answer, relics...)

Relics and spectral manipulation are not shown.
Dátum: 2010.05.26. 16:19:00
Hmmm. I was expecting a little longer document. For one thing, it looks like it only addresses the special group category (which is obviously the main source of complaints, but not really the only one). I think it would be good to address how bad does spelling/punctuation/grammar have to be to reject a question, what constitutes uninteresting lexical knowledge, etc. And even within the special group, some categories of questions are missing, like science. I'm guessing that general relativity is probably not good material for quiz questions, but high school physics is? Other categories worth mentioning might include art, music, current events, politics, and mathematics.
Dátum: 2010.05.25. 20:24:30
Ah, that would explain it. Thanks.
Dátum: 2010.05.25. 19:45:50
I tried to attack someone and got told "You cannot attack this character, because he/she is short of hit points!". So I scried them to see how much longer I needed to wait. They had 97/453 HP. My calculator tells me that's over 21%. I thought they only needed to be at 15% before I could hit them. What am I missing?