Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Miklos

Dátum: 2011.03.01. 07:31:36
Well, there IS a way to credit back a question to a player if it is proved that his/her perfect question was rejected! The exact same way if you have any other complaint / need for correction - write an email to the GM! She have the permission for this like for many other things. Also, our head quiz admin, Hatsepsut, has this privilege as well, you can contact her directly, or any evaluator can forward her such a request (and I know she does it when necessary).

It is unfortunate that you don't read the forums

Surely you feel this is a contradiction as we are talking here right now But as I said, collecting and forwarding ideas from the forum is the primary job of Kethios, I can't read all the posts. So if you think he is slacking, start chewing on him
Dátum: 2011.02.27. 21:36:24
well, either way, players would buy the same items they can buy from the huckster - the difference would be only that they could buy cheaper. So if someone wants to cheat, he does not buy directly from the huckster, but his "slave" character buys it - and then he buys it from his "slave", thus saving SE. No trade system can prevent cheating. Trade systems work only in non-competitive games, where transferring goods in any ratio is allowed and do not hurt the game.
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 14:54:44
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.25. 13:25:11
when? could you please give a time estimate?

No decision on that yet, prolly we will do another, new event first (War of the hucksters).
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 14:44:21
I never said that the game is perfect... Every game can be improved for an eternity. My job is to spot good suggestions and have them implemented. Unfortunately, it is downright impossible to implement every suggestion, and this leads to that people whose suggestions are not implemented, will feel neglected and frustrated. I really can't help about that, it works this way in every game, the speed of programming can never match the imagination power of thousands of players.
And going personal and insulting really doesn't help to get your suggestions impleneted...
And if you trashtalk, your post gets edited or even deleted, even if the rest of your post was valuable.

And yes, I already admitted I can't read all the forum - because that's not my job, I am the head designer of several games and that in itself gives me 12-14 hrs work a day. Still, whenever I can, I come here, but your forum admin is Kethios, he does read the forum, and be assured if there is some important issue he will let us know.

Raggidman - I am completely aware that the English of the Legend is not as perfect as it should be. When it was translated, it was done by a very experienced translator, and it was corrected by another - but their native language was not English, so it couldn't be perfect. We have much more text in our games like other games, so we have a much more difficult time of getting them translated, and translated right. If you think you could help us somehow in correcting texts, please drop us an email at info doomlord net and we will work out the details.

About NPCs, we have several out there, like dimension doors, epics, entities, and the ones in the occassional events, like the xeno. Also, the crystal clan is actually a horde of NPCs. Would you like more? Yes, there is not much tactics in the fight itself, but there is in the way you develop your character!
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 14:25:53
Yes you are right, the 2nd CC should be named differently, I will let the programmer know about this.

Btw - having two crystal clan is actually a bug It wasn't intentional, but we did not remove it because it was a benefit to the players.
Dátum: 2011.02.26. 14:23:16
Do not think that this is the system we implemented right at the start (on the original servers) and it didn't change since. It changed a lot.
At the beginning, we had a very complicated system (something like Viridiel suggested...) Every question was evaluated by multiple players. If a huge majortiy accepted the question, it went through. If a huge majority rejected it, it got rejected. The system was checking the evaluators performance. If someone accepted too many questions which were rejected at the end, or vica versa, he lost the evaluator status.
Looks like the perfect system, right? Well, it didn't worked. At all. Tragical questions were accepted, and sometimes perfect questions were rejected. Why? Because the more people do a job, the less responsibilty they have, and the more of them has "suboptimal" skills and intelligence.
At the end, we realized that the result will be much more efficient, if we choose only a very few, but very intelligent, skilled and devoted people who do this right.

Back to the issue of accepting "sub-optimal" questions and correcting them. Believe or not, at the beginning, we did this. We did not want to make anyone unhappy by rejecting the question he/she worked on. So we accepted everything we could turn into a good question by correcting it. It was a horrible - and I mean, a HORRIBLE - amount of work. Like 20x or 30x more work like now. It was impossible to continue it on the long term. Yeah, yeah, we could select 20 more admins who do this, but there is no capacity for that, either in terms of rewarding them, or checking if they are doing their job right.
Same stands for writing an explanation for rejecting. And not only it would be a lot more work - then we would have to provide a kind of "customer service" line where people could argue about the explanation? It wouldn't make anything easier. 98% of the time whenever a question gets rejected, the reason is plain obvious from the automatic response and quiz rules, and even when it's not, people would just argue with the explanation as well.

And check it out - there are a lot of players, who have hundreds of accepted questions, and only a few rejected. So the system works. Yes, there are people too who have a lot of questions rejected - and eventually they give up on writing questions. But in most cases, this is not because the system is wrong, but because there are some people who are not that good at writing questions. Fortunately, the game is 100% enjoyable even without the quiz-writing aspect, it is left for those who really enjoy it, and are really good at it.
Dátum: 2011.02.25. 13:17:51
You questions is, why we do not implement Viridiel's suggestions on the quiz evaluation system.

Well, most of these suggestion are unnecessary complications, and are based on the assumption that the current quiz admins are inadequate for this job. This assumption in itself is quite insulting. You should be aware that Viridiel from the very first moment is contiinually insulting admins, often with an intolerable tone, whenever one of his questions are rejected (rightfully, I have to confirm).

Judging and evaluation happens based on a strict evaluation codex, you can read most of it under Quiz yourself. Of course, there are still cases when a subjective decision hav to be made. Whenever a soccer judge makes a call some people might not like it, but that doesn't mean he have to be replaced by a complete jury of judges from every country who must make a vote in every case. This is the system, these are the rules. You can rely on that if your question is good, it is very likely that it will be accepted.

Whenever a question gets rejected, it would be good if you could get an explanation - but this would be so much extra work, it would be downright impossible. Most of the time you can figure from the standard explanation anyway. Allowing thru questions which only have "minor" spelling errors - well, this would be downright stupid. People take no loss in case of spelling errors, they can correct those and resubmit the question without a penalty. Asking admins to accept wrong questions and correct them instead of rejecting them is the same impossible like writing detailed explanation.
Dátum: 2011.02.25. 12:58:54
We will have an event very similar to Zarknod, no worries, and you will have the opportunity to get the Zarknod relics there, along with others.
Dátum: 2011.02.23. 18:26:44
Yes, they are added manually.

Congratulations to World 3 as well! I posted a news on the front page about the glorious victory.

We are already planning the new event, so you can't really relax and grow restless
Dátum: 2011.02.21. 22:15:38
Congratulations all, nice job, you killed the queens in record time!

After W2, W1 has ended as well. The medal rewards have to be added manually, the programmer will do it tomorrow.

D00ml0rd, if you have problem with claiming a reward, please send a mail to info @ doomlord(dot)net and the programmer will check it for you.
Dátum: 2011.02.16. 19:56:07
The prison build cost varies from server to server, and was calculated based on the number of active players. We are going to adjust it so it will be more doable.
Dátum: 2011.02.14. 22:55:21
Numbers differ for each server, depending on the activity and number of players. But you can change it pretty easily, do like 10 builds and note down the percentage before and after.
Dátum: 2011.02.09. 16:51:44
it gives 5 crystal points, the description is wrong, the effect is ok. we shall correct it.
Dátum: 2011.02.08. 17:26:41
Premium players do not get ads.

About the pagerank plugin - ok it's not a big deal we shall remove it.
Facebook plugin - we can make a setting option where you can turn it off if you like.
Google analytics - this is vital, and it does not slow the page, so it will stay...
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 20:39:11
This is only the 3rd day of the event, so you shouldn't worry about not being able to win it... If you could build the prisons in 3 days and the event would end in 3 days everyone would be sad.

Yes, if the queen is killed but the prison is incomplete, the queen will resurrect at 25% life.

We collected data for 1 month before the event to know how many active players are there, what is there damage potential etc. We determined numbers separately for each world based on these statistics.

LydonB: about the prizes, people calculated that the focus crystals or the quest bonus might be like 3-4000 SE per day for a lvl 60-80 char. If you think that is not good enough, alongside with your pets gaining like 40 levels during the event, you might still choose not to participate. We did our best to give satisfying returns, but players always have the freedom of choice. And do not envy the Hun servers for starting earlier: you only win by getting a more thoroughly tested event.
Dátum: 2011.02.06. 10:42:24
Idézet: deadstar - 2011.02.05. 15:14:26
I am level 11. I think the main disavantage for low levels is that after 3-4 fights you are dead (for me it's like that). Would I be able to do 36 xeno-fights per day, I'd be very very very happy... Has anyone else got the same impression?

Try increasing your constitution.

The crystal potions are supposed to give 5 points, so thats correct, if the desciption says 50, it needs to be corrected, thanks for the notice.

Idézet: PerrinAybarra - 2011.02.05. 19:01:57
why dont people with DD get any SE for these duels at all when useing duel points??? very unfair to get absolutely 0 SE when using up hundreds of DP for this event.

Many players consider SE/XP ratio a measure to calculate efficiency. In normal duels, unless you have EH skill, very often you get 0 SE and some XP. So, 0 SE and 0 XP is pretty good compared to that. You can still complete repeatable quests (if you are that far with quests) on the xeno queen, like the 15 critical spells or the 60 critical hits. In that case, you get a very good SE/XP ratio. But it is also true that those who have access to the Crystal Horde can have a better benefit from their DPts. For them, probably it is wiser to do activation for APts.

Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.05. 23:59:45

I believe it will be one-time use only and this is why they are giving 2 crystals, which means it is re-usable, but only once.
Having a full re-usable one apparently was too much... Go figure.

Actually, it's quite the opposite: most people said that a one-shot but permanent focus crystal is better for them than a reusable, but only limited duration one. The main reason for this that there are some hard-to-replace items which are favorite of everyone, and focus crystals will stay in those for a long time, maybe longer than half year, especially if you can replace once.
Dátum: 2011.02.05. 12:56:19
It's very hard to balance so it is an equal challenge to higher and lower level players, but we did a few things to help this.
First of all, queens will have a damage reduction when they fight against players of level 40 or less. The lower level the player, the greater dmg reduction the queen gets.
Second, if you have to attack a higher level queen because yours is dead, then the queen will be only slightly more powerful. In addition, if you have to attack 2 or more tiers up, it does not get even more powerful. We tested this, players with good equipment will have no problem fighting even upwards.
Same applies to when you attack lower level queens, they will be only slightly easier.
Still, I agree that very low level players without elementary infusion have a disadvantage since they regenerate less APts. But don't forget, the main reward depends on the number of kills, the top10 is just a small bonus, extra thing, an extra goal for the more powerful players. Those who have already access to maxed elementary fusion compete at equal chance for the top10, whether level 50 or 90. If we would have created also a top10 for every 10 levels, it would degrade the honor of getting the medal, virtually anyone could get it. Also a lower level player can pretty well balance out this disadvantage if he saved up a lot of Apts/Dpts.

About the SE/XP ratio, it is the exact same as you get while hunting. If you are using a strategy where you don't hunt at all, then use DPts instead.You can get pretty good SE/XP ratio if you get 0 XP for an activation but you complete repeatable quests for SE

Someone asked about the top10 rewards.
Most victories: +5 to critical hit medal.
Most builds: medallion of doom (+1 building, -1 sec to hunting)
Most unconscious pets (actually a fun category): +1% SE for squeezing.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 16:12:35
LydonB, you probably misunderstood something. A potion drops for every 12 attacks, but there are 4 different potions and you get each in order. So you get one of all for potion after 48 attacks. You don't get all potions for every 12 attacks. There was a 5th potion originally, which gives +3 APts but it was removed for game balance issues.

And what about the statistics? Level 97 players are in the same section as everyone else? Are you having a laugh or what?

The 3 top10 catgory is for each world, there is no separate top10 for every 10 levels. Same as it was in Zarknod. In consideration of number of victories, it is irrelevant if you are level 50 or 90.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 14:33:54
Yes, the event has started, sorry for the wait. We had quite a few problems at the start, that's why we couldn't launch it on all servers at once as we planned. Now every problem is fixed, so hopefully it will be a seamless fun for everyone on the English language worlds. Have fun!
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 14:29:03
Today, on 4th of Feb, at 15pm GMT+1 (9am EST, 6am PST) the new big event of the Doomlord online role-playing game, the Xeno War has started! Players can participate from level 3 and up by clicking on the Misc button on the left menu.